Today`s press fuelled by JJ`s negativity....

Walter Bishop

I really cant understand Jim Jefferies negativity surrounding the return of a legend, he has allowed the press once again to go to town on our club with all the claims that JJ did not want Rudi back at Hearts. Surely this will have an effect on the players and particularly Rudi as its clear the enthusiasm for his arrival from his manager is no existent!

I really cannot see the problem, the guy has given the supporters a lift, the club a lift both on and off the park, im sure the players a lift and nobody is going to tell me Lockey isnt over the moon at his return!

So why all the negativity Jim? You dont have to have a face like your bursting for a shite all the time! Smile for once and accept this gift from Vladimir Romanov, because if you cannot see this as a positive for the club we all love then you imo shouldnt be there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What p1sses me off the most is, you are not trying to tell me that the Celtic board did not make signings above Strachan's/Monkeys Heid and now Lennons head - and I know for a fact that David Murray and Martin Bain were making signings above Alex McLeish head when he was the Rangers manager - it happens near enough everywhere these days ffs!

It would be different if Vlad was bringing in someone who was clearly rubbish (as he has done on various occasions in the past) but he is bringing in someone who arguably will add something to the squad (as he has also done on various occasions).

I really cant understand Jim Jefferies negativity surrounding the return of a legend, he has allowed the press once again to go to town on our club with all the claims that JJ did not want Rudi back at Hearts. Surely this will have an effect on the players and particularly Rudi as its clear the enthusiasm for his arrival from his manager is no existent!

I really cannot see the problem, the guy has given the supporters a lift, the club a lift both on and off the park, im sure the players a lift and nobody is going to tell me Lockey isnt over the moon at his return!

So why all the negativity Jim? You dont have to have a face like your bursting for a shite all the time! Smile for once and accept this gift from Vladimir Romanov, because if you cannot see this as a positive for the club we all love then you imo shouldnt be there.

Well said. It's not often we get a boost like this. Let us enjoy the moment.

I suspect he feels his nose is out of joint and is now throwing his toys about. I refuse to believe that he was naive enough to think that something like this wouldn't happen on his watch so acting in this way only serves to make him (and the club) look foolish. Actually I also refuse to believe that this type of this isn't prevalent at many other clubs so managers should be well used to it. The only problem I would have is if JJ is somehow ordered to play any individual over another.

I'd also hold off on according Skacel "legend" status just yet.

Last week....

JJ said he was looking for a CH/LB psoition to be filled.

Rudi was mentioned - he said he was more attacking, never looked that happy at left back.

He then went on to say we have Driver, Temps and Novi in the wide areas.

I honestly think JJ has been let down on this, no matter how good we think the player is who is coming in.

This whole board screamed for a manager to be allowed to bring in his own players. I wonder if the reaction on Kickback would have been the same if a 32 year old player who had played in Lithuania all his life had come in - course it would have eh?

I also give it 3 games before the first "Rudi is not the same player" appears on Kickback.

We_are_the_Hearts

Was playing 5s last night and the Jambos there were buzzing. This signing has given us all a lift so think about HEARTS jefferies and not yourself. Ruin this one and you could be on the scrapheap, that's how much feeling is behind this signing. Was a great chance to build some enthusiasm and momentum. Starting to wonder if JJ IS the man for thejob as was sure he was at first. Bumping his gums about discipline then gets himself sent off and it wasn't a one off as he's been talked to a few times this season. Billy Reid anyone? Sure he would appreciate a gift like Rudi considering what he has to work with! That's for the future though, hopefully JJ buckles down and moulds a successful team.

I understand his frustration and concern.

Not aimed at you directly jamie, but if Hearts fans start turning on JJ in the next six months for anything other than the performances of the team on the park then it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

Jim is being handsomely to manage the 3rd best squad in the league, budget budget outside the of, we have bought Kyle, eliott and tried desperately for Bryson.. this is the best signing hearts have made since robbo, a player who does not shite himself whn we play the old firm

Jim-cheer your ******* puss up and do what you are being paid to do end of

The People's Chimp

What p1sses me off the most is, you are not trying to tell me that the Celtic board did not make signings above Strachan's/Monkeys Heid and now Lennons head - and I know for a fact that David Murray and Martin Bain were making signings above Alex McLeish head when he was the Rangers manager - it happens near enough everywhere these days ffs!

It would be different if Vlad was bringing in someone who was clearly rubbish (as he has done on various occasions in the past) but he is bringing in someone who arguably will add something to the squad (as he has also done on various occasions).

This is the point isn't it. Rudi is clearly not an Ivaskevicius or Beniusis - i.e. not good enough for the SPL - and has given the fans a massive boost. So why the long face?

I have to say I've been critical of romanov interference previously, but I have always been consistent in that criticism and that is where the interference left better players kicking there heels in the stands. That isn't the case with Rudi and it wasn't the case with the better Romanov signings either.

JJ knew what he was signing up for with this job.

What if Rudi pish, is it worth the price of upsetting the football manager we have craved for since Burley got the heave ho.

I sincerely hope that Rudi does the business, but i will reserve judgement until i see him on the football pitch.

Francis Albert

Wait a minute. When Ivanauskas covered up for Vlad's interference he was a "lapdog". But now that JJ refuses to grin and pretend he is overjoyed with the signing, he is told to stop being petty and cheer up?

And as for the press - do you really think JJ putting on a false smile would have made the slightest difference to their take on things? Maybe it would have been something like "JJ forced into humiliating pretence as mad Vlad strikes again"?

(OK maybe too many long words there for the Sun).

Jim is being handsomely to manage the 3rd best squad in the league, budget budget outside the of, we have bought Kyle, eliott and tried desperately for Bryson.. this is the best signing hearts have made since robbo, a player who does not shite himself whn we play the old firm

Where is the line though?

We all agree Rudi was brilliant for us (4 - 5 years ago)

What if Vlad keeps wanting to bring in players?

What is some of them are not good enough?

You still be happy with this way of working?

Who gets the sack?

Wait a minute. When Ivanauskas covered up for Vlad's interference he was a "lapdog". But now that JJ refuses to grin and pretend he is overjoyed with the signing, he is told to stop being petty and cheer up?

And as for the press - do you really think JJ putting on a false smile would have made the slightest difference to their take on things? Maybe it would have been something like "JJ forced into humiliating pretence as mad Vlad strikes again"?

Well said that man.

Diadora Van Basten

(OK maybe too many long words there for the Sun).

I agree if JJ has reservations then I would rather he express them than come out and pretend he was happy. Obviously I would prefer JJ to be as delighted as I am but if he's not then that's up to him.

HEARTS FOREVER

I can understand why JJ will feel undermined.

Unfortunately that is part of the managerial job at Tynecastle and if JJ thought it wouldnt be like that then he's been kidding himself.

Its happened with every single manager since Romanov took over and i never thought for one minute that JJ would be treated any differently.

On the plus side.

I dont think JJ will get too down about it.

He HAS been looking for an attacking midfielder ie Bryson, and he (when fit) has inherited a player who can have the fans on the edges of their seats and is better than anything we have.

Im delighted about the signing and as long as JJ still picks the team and Romanov only signs players of Rudis quality and not players like Pilabatis then it sits ok with me.(just)

But the day VR starts meddling in picking players for the starting 11 then im quite sure JJ will walk away.

Hope JJ can accept though that this is a real pick me up for the fans and he welcomes a fans favourite with open arms.

Marmeladent?rtchen

As much as I love Rudi, I would rather we strengthened the defence and brought back some one like karipidis.

Watching some Rudi videos I forgot how classy Fyssas was. Think we could get him to dust off his boots! :thumbsup:

Craig Herbertson

I haven't read it as JJ totally unhappy. He seems to be making the point that everyone has to fight for his place. If we had the opposite 'great we've signed Rudi out of the blue and he goes straight in' it might demotivate youngsters coming through and a team that JJ has been slowly building up. I'm not sure he could have said much else is his position.

'But it doesn't matter if it's Rudi Skacel or whoever, they have to compete for a place just as Kevin Kyle has had to do and Stephen Elliott. Nothing changes as there are no guarantees that anyone will play'

That seems to be a manager saying the right thing to me.

Last week....

Rudi was mentioned - he said he was more attacking, never looked that happy at left back.

I honestly think JJ has been let down on this, no matter how good we think the player is who is coming in.

This whole board screamed for a manager to be allowed to bring in his own players. I wonder if the reaction on Kickback would have been the same if a 32 year old player who had played in Lithuania all his life had come in - course it would have eh?

I also give it 3 games before the first "Rudi is not the same player" appears on Kickback.

Spot on GA. Rudi is player JJ didn't want because quite simply we needed players for other positions far more than we needed Rudi.

I am more suprised people don't back JJ over this. Then again we have had managers and players killing our club since VR took over. rolleyes.gif

Stupid Sexy Flanders

This, to me, says more about the media than about JJ. We make a great signing, one that if anyone else had made the media would be raving over, but once again they want to try and wring out as much negativity as they can possibly create. What, just because JJ isn't doing cartwheels in the press conference, he's all of a sudden unhappy and the "cracks are appearing"?

Balls.

God Bless Mr Romanov, Jim Jefferies, Rudolf Skacel and all at Heart of Midlothian FC. Everyone else, get it up ye!

Rudi is better than any of those players and could play inside as well

Spot on GA. Rudi is player JJ didn't want because quite simply we needed players for other positions far more than we needed Rudi.

I am more suprised people don't back JJ over this. Then again we have had managers and players killing our club since VR took over. rolleyes.gif

I'm a bit torn on this one.

IF this signing was chosen over and above a player JJ wanted then I could see the why he might be miffed.

As I see it the signing of Rudi is just a bit of a bonus, however maybe JJ is still peeved we weren't able to sign Bryson (a player he was desperate for) but were able to seal a deal for Rudi. That being said bit of a difference between signing a bosman rather than trying to agree a fee.

Perhaps JJ was rebuffed by Vlad over Capaldi and that's what is causing the trouble. I don't know. It seems a bit extreme for JJ to be so wound up over a player who can give the fans a boost and increase the quality of the squad. Must be more to it than meets the eye.

It happens at every club mate... Every single one - look at the Celtic squad, has been full of far east marketing opportunities for years...

I don't think Jim realises just how big rudi was for hearts otherwise this would not be up for debate...

I will realise tomorrow-I have no doubt the support will make their feelings known

Where is the line though?

We all agree Rudi was brilliant for us (4 - 5 years ago)

What if Vlad keeps wanting to bring in players?

What is some of them are not good enough?

You still be happy with this way of working?

Who gets the sack?

Exactly, we now have 4 left sided quality players but no real left back. Some people on here

think Rudi or Temps should play attacking midfield, but it aint that simple. These guys naturally

drift out to the wing, so there is no way they can just be accommodated in that position. I like Rudi, but

basically we have just signed another winger, when we desperately needed a left back!! :verymad:

John Gentleman

...and if JJ's wishlist had been granted we could have ended up with a Gordan Petric esq. type of player.

Now, think long and hard, WHO signed Petric?

:lol: Seriously?? I'm Happy that Rudi is back,BUT from what I remember of him last time he was here, he's was excellent when he wanted to be, Sheeite when he couldn't be bothered. Rudi's last few games he was, IMO, Rank. I know he was Just playing until he could get his "BIG" move but to me he didn't look interested for the last 8 or 9 games. I think people are getting Just a wee bit carried away with this signing..Hopefully I'm proved 100% wrong and he takes the SPL by storm, But to compare him with Robbo resigning :teehee:

As for JJ...We've trusted his Judgement in the other players/coaching staff he's brought in this season. Maybe he's right to be worried about Rudi...Like someone else said, If this had been some 32 year old Liff Romanob had brought in we'd all be spitting feathers!!

Good Luck Rudi :thumbsup:

It happens at every club mate... Every single one - look at the Celtic squad, has been full of far east marketing opportunities for years...

I don't think Jim realises just how big rudi was for hearts otherwise this would not be up for debate...

I will realise tomorrow-I have no doubt the support will make their feelings known

I know it goes on, bud - things were working well though - this is the first sign that Vlad wanting a say on players has raised its head in a while though.

...and if JJ's wishlist had been granted we could have ended up with a Gordan Petric esq. type of player.

Now, think long and hard, WHO signed Petric?

###### me.

JJ also made some brilliant signings for the club.

Firstly, the press will do their job no matter what and to be honest, the journos who are decent (like a certain one whose article is being discussed in another thread), they don't need a pressy to know the story as they'll know Jim and have contacts within and around football enough to know this is a PR stunt of a signing and nothing more.

JJ maybe won't give much of a shit about that as it's VRs money and he knows there has to be a bit of give and take to be allowed the players he wants (this is the only VR signing this summer, remember). However, the problem comes when JJ is pressued to play players. We don't know what's going on on the periphery of this signing and if JJ is feeling boxed in and under pressure when it comes to team selection then it ain't good for anyone.

I agree that we need to get past who signs the players - it happens all over the world and even in our own country, however seldomly reported outwith Gorgie. However, I do strongly believe that for a team to do well, the manager should be trusted to train and play however whoever he wants to.

Just mayeb Rudi will be on fire and JJ will be happy enough to play him, but if he's not as good as we have, or should I say, not as suitable, then will there be a clash?? Can any of us say with confidence we're not worried about that? I am.

As it is, this is my first post on the subject, so welcome back Rudi - get in about it again son!!!!!

Chad Sexington

Storm in a teacup.

If Rudi performs the way he's capable of performing all the grumpyness and tabloid speculating will be forgotten.

Last week....

:Agree:

We're now in the position where we need a left back, the manager knows we need a left back, he identified a left back and it would appear that he wasn't allowed to sign him because the owner wanted to sign a left midfielder who has extremely reluctantly played left back (not very well) in the past.

If JJ was allowed to sign the left back we need and was then given this 'gift' from Vlad I'm sure he'd be as happy as a pig in shit at the moment. As it stands, we've got no left back and 4 left midfielders.

I'd be a bit pissed off if I was JJ this morning too.

I wondered how long it would be before the Romanov effect managed to turn the fans against JJ

Even I didnt think it would be this quick to be honest.

People need to get a bit of a grip. JJ wants to do his best for Hearts - we must all accept that.

If he as a manager feels he has been ignored in what he felt he needed (as a manager and expert on this sort of decision) for the best of the team, he is entitled to be p!ssed off - whether he knew Romanov was a tw*t or not before he signed on, he is entitled to be p!ssed off.

I'm sure JJ didnt sign up to be overruled to the detriiment of what he felt was needed for the team - so this glib pish about "he signed up to this" is just that - pish.

It's how he deals with being p*ssed off that is key.

Now you cant aske him to turn in some sort of Kenneth Branagh performance - he's a manager not an actor, but he did not overtly express that he was p*ssed off to the press yesterday.

You cant ask for much more than that

For anyone getting all wound up about JJ please recognise that we will not get a better manager than JJ under Romanov - particularly if Romanov overriding his manager is the reason JJ get's chased away.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll grow to love Rudi (if he plays him..... :yucky:)

Last week....

Not comparable imo. Rudi is a quality player, someone we all know will enhance the club on the park and off it, 99.9% of fans are happy with him being back, totally different to bringing in a 32 year old Lithuanian that would do nothing for the club.

JJ needs to remember he is manager of Heart of Midlothian, not Jim Jefferies F.C.

I wondered how long it would be before the Romanov effect managed to turn the fans against JJ

Even I didnt think it would be this quick to be honest.

People need to get a bit of a grip. JJ wants to do his best for Hearts - we must all accept that.

If he as a manager feels he has been ignored in what he felt he needed (as a manager and expert on this sort of decision) for the best of the team, he is entitled to be p!ssed off - whether he knew Romanov was a tw*t or not before he signed on, he is entitled to be p!ssed off.

I'm sure JJ didnt sign up to be overruled to the detriiment of what he felt was needed for the team - so this glib pish about "he signed up to this" is just that - pish.

It's how he deals with being p*ssed off that is key.

Now you cant aske him to turn in some sort of Kenneth Branagh performance - he's a manager not an actor, but he did not overtly express that he was p*ssed off to the press yesterday.

You cant ask for much more than that

For anyone getting all wound up about JJ please recognise that we will not get a better manager than JJ under Romanov - particularly if Romanov overriding his manager is the reason JJ get's chased away.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll grow to love Rudi (if he plays him..... :yucky:)

Lets not forget JJ brought in and was allowed to Kyle and Elliott - 2 unfit players clearly. Maybe Vlad didnt trust him to bring in anyone else?

Rudi has given everyone a lift- and I think the fans will lift him too to reach his finest again- he pretty much said it himself. He has ONE YEAR to resurect his career, and we are lucky its with us. Rudi's reputation alone will frighten other teams- dont think it wont. A real psychological edge over other teams. Lennon will be briefing his players as to the lads quality.

Let other teams fear him and us again- something lacking since Skacel left.

The boost to the whole team when the fans are bouncing and singing once more cannot be underestimated even if Rudi fails to shine- and I think Rudi will up his game to keep us happy- he wouldn't dare fail! We idolised him, and he loved us.

Jeffries- give yourself a shake mate. THis is the return of the prodigal son. A signing for the fans- for us who pay the money- you can ask no more of an owner than that. And for that, Romanov, ALL is forgiven

Say What Again

Just a wee thought.... maybe if that does happen in 3 games time it'll be the JJ fans using Rudi as a scapegoat for our poor performances?

Thumping a piss poor Hamilton team aside, we are St Johnstones only point of the season (at home against 10 men), were lucky to hang on against a Dundee Utd side that ICT put 4 past the week before (again at home), and comprehensively beaten by Celtic.

Certainly no panic buttons being pushed, but a few bad results in the next 3 games and our glorious 'unbeaten' start to the season doesn't look so good.

Could that be when the Skacel debate will really spark into life with the JJ camp pointing the finger at him as an easy target?

Let?s hope we win all 3 games and we'll never know :thumbsup:

Just a wee thought.... maybe if that does happen in 3 games time it'll be the JJ fans using Rudi as a scapegoat for our poor performances?

Thumping a piss poor Hamilton team aside, we are St Johnstones only point of the season (at home against 10 men), were lucky to hang on against a Dundee Utd side that ICT put 4 past the week before (again at home), and comprehensively beaten by Celtic.

Certainly no panic buttons being pushed, but a few bad results in the next 3 games and our glorious 'unbeaten' start to the season doesn't look so good.

Could that be when the Skacel debate will really spark into life with the JJ camp pointing the finger at him as an easy target?

Let?s hope we win all 3 games and we'll never know :thumbsup:

We have a JJ and non JJ camp already ?

Storm in a teacup.

If Rudi performs the way he's capable of performing all the grumpyness and tabloid speculating will be forgotten.

Agreed.

I can't see where all the negativity has come from, Jefferies included. We are talking about a guy who, despite being clubless remains in and around the edges of the Cz Rep national squad. I'm a huge Scotland fan but I believe the Czech's will prove to be over the coming months, a superior squad to the one Scotland have and there are a few guys in and around the edges of the Scotland squad I'd be delighted to see pull on the maroon (eg Paul Hartley).

Whereas I have to concede that positionally left back clearly ain't Rudi's best we are I have no doubt getting a quality player here to give Hearts a boost at a time where it's unlikely any other club will receive such a lift.

PS I've not been on a lot lately. What exactly made the Capaldi deal fall through? Looked like a win/win situation for player and club.

This is more to do with the the press continually looking for a negative spin on any story on Hearts than JJ's demeanour - which is usually negative anyway. I certainly would have thought more from Stuart Bathgate.

Agreed.

I can't see where all the negativity has come from, Jefferies included. We are talking about a guy who, despite being clubless remains in and around the edges of the Cz Rep national squad. I'm a huge Scotland fan but I believe the Czech's will prove to be over the coming months, a superior squad to the one Scotland have and there are a few guys in and around the edges of the Scotland squad I'd be delighted to see pull on the maroon (eg Paul Hartley).

Whereas I have to concede that positionally left back clearly ain't Rudi's best we are I have no doubt getting a quality player here to give Hearts a boost at a time where it's unlikely any other club will receive such a lift.

PS I've not been on a lot lately. What exactly made the Capaldi deal fall through? Looked like a win/win situation for player and club.

Carrying on this theme.

Lithuania drew with Scotland and beat the Czech's

Would people be equally happy to see players on the fringes of the Lithuanian squad come to Tynecastle ?

Captain Scarlett

Last week....

Personally I'd give it two games afore the knives are out... :mellow:

jambos are go!

Having read this thread and read Jeffries comments on Hearts World and in the Newspapers I have come to the conclusion that either most of this thread is malicious gossip or Jeffries is a hypocrite. I buy into to the malicious gossip.

I think quite a lot of people are actually missing the fact that Skacel could have also signed for another SPL club. I'm not saying Aberdeen would have extra in their budget for him, but they may have found it.

I don't know about JJ, but I would rather have Skacel in my squad than have him in one against us, especially if he was teaming back up with Hartley again.

As for the main topic of the press coverage. Regardless what anyone really thinks about the press, they are honestly going to try and put any negative spin they possibly can on what, I believe, is an incredible signing for us. A couple of tweaks here and there, and surely everyone must see, that we are starting to build a very good squad. Yes, we do need someone at left back, but surely there must be a couple of youngsters coming through that are at least good enough to try out against a couple of the weaker teams?

Also, the main thing we have been missing for quite a while now; is the confidence and the belief that we can actually beat opponents. If Skacel gets his shit together, he will give the team, the squad and the club as a whole, a huge lift. Plus, think of the influence Skacel can have on some of the young players like Novi and Temps.

Ignore the press. They hate us.

Has anyone actually considered that JJ was more pissed off with the line of questions from the press rather than whether Rudi was a JJ signing or a Vlad signing?

I don't think for a second that JJ is as peeved off as some on here would like you to believe.

I also think if things go down hill there will be loads of people on here laying into Rudi for not being as good as before and therefore having a pop at Vlad for signing him, JKB is that predictable.

Jesus christ, are some people missing the point or what?

WE NEEDED A LEFT BACK

WE GOT A LEFT MIDFIELDER INSTEAD

JJ IS NOW A BIT BRASSED OFF IF THE PRESS ARE TO BE BELIEVED

Whats the debate here? Is Rudi a good signing? Nobody knows, he was shyte for Southampton when played at left back and hasnt really settled at any one team his entire career. Barring 6 months of quality at Hearts whilst playing in the best team we've had since 98, he's done the square root of hee-haw. He cant play left back usefully therefore, JJ is right to be slightly peeved that his wishes werent followed.

We all know that Vlad has previous form, so JJ just has to suck it up and get on with it, even if it has left our team in a weak position.

However, if we could play 3 left midfielders at once then we'd ******* DESTROY the league

scottish_chicP

Has anyone actually considered that JJ was more pissed off with the line of questions from the press rather than whether Rudi was a JJ signing or a Vlad signing?

I don't think for a second that JJ is as peeved off as some on here would like you to believe.

I also think if things go down hill there will be loads of people on here laying into Rudi for not being as good as before and therefore having a pop at Vlad for signing him, JKB is that predictable.

I completely agree with this. I think the media use a particular line of questioning to get the story they want, whether it is true or not. Blown out of all proportion as per usual.

At the end of the day, I think it's a move that will benefit the football club.

Can you imagine how many shirts we will sell today with "Skacel, 19" on the back? Not sure how much it costs to get that put on a shirt, about ?5 to ?8 I would reckon(?). Say 1,000 shirts with this on the back sold today (realistic) that's about ?45,000 in the clubs pockets in a day.

How many people might think, hey ho, let's get a ticket for the next home game (v Motherwell) and see him play?

No brainer.

Maybe JJ is pissed off now that there is someone at the club more popular than HIM?

Jam Tarts 1874

Personally I'd give it two games afore the knives are out... :mellow:

Neil McCann only got one game!

At the end of the day, I think it's a move that will benefit the football club.

Can you imagine how many shirts we will sell today with "Skacel, 19" on the back? Not sure how much it costs to get that put on a shirt, about ?5 to ?8 I would reckon(?). Say 1,000 shirts with this on the back sold today (realistic) that's about ?45,000 in the clubs pockets in a day.

How many people might think, hey ho, let's get a ticket for the next home game (v Motherwell) and see him play?

No brainer.

I haven't had a name on my shirt for about 6 years but I'm certainly considering it.

Archived