U19's v Celtic

Clerry Jambo

Apologies if I have missed the thread but I noticed on the official website we lost 1-0

Very interested to hear how the lads performed

Cheers

Apologies if I have missed the thread but I noticed on the official website we lost 1-0

Very interested to hear how the lads performed

Cheers

there is a thread clerry but can`t be bothered looking for it. try page 2-4 its there somewhere.

It's always interesting to see how the other team viewed the game as it can sometimes give a less blinkered view of how you played.

Some quotes from the official Celtic site.

• "CELTIC Under-19s continued their 100 per cent start to the season with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Hearts at Riccarton this afternoon."
  • "In the first-half, Robbie Thomson made an outstanding save to keep the scores level after the home side were awarded a soft penalty."
  • Coach Tommy McIntyre said: ?Hearts are a good side and will present problems to many teams this season, and it?s always a difficult game there anyway. So to go there and win and get the three points was impressive"

My reading of the highlighted comments is that Celtic were extremely happy to go home with the points and that they recognise that Hearts have a very srong side at the moment.

I'm sure that the Hearts lads are hurting from not getting anything from the game, but they have no reason to be despondent about their prospects for the rest of the season.

Archived