Under 19's today at Stirling Uni

Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado

Where exactly are the pitches coz I am heading along there??? Any clues.

Come on Dexter you must know??:)

Ta.

Snake Plissken

They're right next to the front entrance, you can't miss them.

Snake Plissken

Bingo.

Right next to the pool - used to be a good wee pub there but its shut now. :mad:

Jambof3tornado

Thanks for the help. Cant get to paisley so getting my fix by watching the youngsters. Hope its a high scoring game(all for hearts):P

I'm just back from the game, we won 3-0.

Falkirk had a player sent off (2nd Yellow).

Who scored? what was it like? etc...

Cheers

Jambof3tornado

Better quality than the reserves to be honest. And IT DIDNT RAIN!!!!!

Mearns was immense in the middle of the park. Hearts ran riot in the first half and took the foot off in the second. Glen played well too as did Rapper!!

That makes up for me and boy not going to paisley today.

I'd have said we were a bit better in the second half.

The defence was excellent, No's 3,4,5 (Hamilton, Rapnik? & Glen?).

Some lovely touches at times, quite a few stray passes but significantly better than Falkirk.

There was a lot of passion from the players too, lots of communication, working well together.

Jambof3tornado

Some lovely touches at times, quite a few stray passes but significantly better than Falkirk.

There was a lot of passion from the players too, lots of communication, working well together.

I thought Rapnik was outstanding. Shaun Kelly was playing as well. Glen(11) played well until he got the yellow card and was taken off to stop him being sent off.

McCusker had a quiet game,but all in all a really good team performance given that a few of the players can still play at U17 level.

plastic_bas

RAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSS!!!

Only the first time ive seen him play but Rapnik is going to be some player for us. Was playing up against a midget in the first half but I reckon the boy would win most headers against SPL strikers.

chickalittle
Who scored? what was it like? etc...

Cheers

mark Cowan, Husband and Ryan wallace were the scorers. Well done the U19s

I'm just back from the game, we won 3-0.

Falkirk had a player sent off (2nd Yellow).

Christ, Falkirk must have been pish :duck:

:laugh:

colinmaroon

Deja Vu!!!

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

How many hatricks did Kostadinov score ........... ;):rolleyes:

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

But they were all offside.

:)

Was that in the subs 2 touch game at half time ? :rolleyes:

went to stirling was there for uni n noticed hearts tean rapnik has got to be picked very impressed and mearns and glen aswell all should be given run out be4 end o season

Jambo Forever

Not managed to see much of the under 19's.. but seen the boy Rapnik in a couple of pre season games... he looked a class above everyone else, for a centre back, he really does stand out!

Seymour M Hersh

How can this be true? According to some on jkb our youth system is rotten and only ruins players with any ability? :eek:

How can this be true? According to some on jkb our youth system is rotten and only ruins players with any ability? :eek:

:P

I'm not saying they were great, but there were some nice bits in there. It was certainly a more entertaining match than all the reserve games I've seen.

Its the same problem we have always had, we always have decent youth teams with prospects, just think joe hamill or graham weir but they fail to make the step up

As talented as the u19's look, how many of them look capable of making it in the SPL at hearts?

Sadly not many, in fact the only 1 I would say is highly likely to is Mcgowan, theres a few others who probably will but I would say at least 75% are destined for building sites and forfar

Guest JamboRobbo

queue twenty five pages of abuse fae braindead muppets on here.

queue twenty five pages of abuse fae braindead muppets on here.

Nah, I think most people have realised that I was just having a laugh (at your expense right enough).

Its the same problem we have always had, we always have decent youth teams with prospects, just think joe hamill or graham weir but they fail to make the step up

As talented as the u19's look, how many of them look capable of making it in the SPL at hearts?

Sadly not many, in fact the only 1 I would say is highly likely to is Mcgowan, theres a few others who probably will but I would say at least 75% are destined for building sites and forfar

Gary Glen and Johnny Brown.

Mearns, Visconte, Rapnik, Templeton and Johnny Stewart have the potential in my opinion. I'd expect at least two from that list to break into the first team in the next two seasons.

Younger ones like Conrad and Scott Robinson could do it as well but at that young age there is still a lot of time.

For me Ryan McGowan is a certainty.

Charlie-Brown
Gary Glen and Johnny Brown.

Mearns, Visconte, Rapnik, Templeton and Johnny Stewart have the potential in my opinion. I'd expect at least two from that list to break into the first team in the next two seasons.

Younger ones like Conrad and Scott Robinson could do it as well but at that young age there is still a lot of time.

For me Ryan McGowan is a certainty.

I'd agree with that - others who show potential or promise are the Austrian kids Wagner & Michetschlager looked good in his trial games - young Danny Thomson could be a cracking midfield player too - whilst young U17 strikers David Love & Ryan Wallace both have lightening pace so they will always interest teams. Fullback Shaun Kelly is older & I can't quite make up my mind about but he's a better passer than Robbie Neilson is.

Charlie-Brown
I think Eddie's being released.

You think everyone's being released! :P

Seriously though do you think this or do you know?

Its quite interesting as after last seasons philosophy of keeping almost everyone if your to be believed we are suddenly releasing a fair few, including some of the better performers

Any idea of who else may be off?

Ryan Gosling

His deal's up at the end of the season, I heard it wasn't being renewed.

Nucky Thompson
Nah, I think most people have realised that I was just having a laugh (at your expense right enough).
:D

Maybe they think his bad temper is just too much to deal with.

I like him as a player but I'm not sure I'd trust him to keep his cool in a game against Hibs or the Old Firm. Pretty sure he was sent off 4 times last season.

Would be disappointed if they gave up on him, good player IMO.

WeeToonJambo

That's a pity, if correct. I like his attitude. He's like a terrier, snapping at other players' ankles and never stops running. He's the type of player who will always be a fans' favourite but I have had doubts since I first saw him about his ability to become a top class footballer. If only he could transfer some of his enthusiasm, work rate and passion onto some of the other youth players who get a lot of mentions on here!

Guest JamboRobbo

you're the greatest. :rolleyes:

Archived