Tony Capaldi

Swanny17

its jonsson i feel sorry for if ruben gets injured he will be shunted into left back. i think the guy could adapt to any position but with all the moving about he has to do i doubt we`ll see the best from him.

Eggert is worth his weight in gold and the thankless job he's done for us has been quite remarkable.

His time will come sooner than later (hopefully) and he'll get a run of games in centre mid.

The way he seems to slot in anywhere he's asked has dug us out of so many holes over the last last few years.

Eggert is ace. :thumbsup:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggert is worth his weight in gold and the thankless job he's done for us has been quite remarkable.

His time will come sooner than later (hopefully) and he'll get a run of games in centre mid.

The way he seems to slot in anywhere he's asked has dug us out of so many holes over the last last few years.

Eggert is ace. :thumbsup:

Totally agree, if we didn't have Eggert we'd have seriously struggled with all the injuries we've had over the past few seasons. He never complains and always puts in 100% effort.

He's easily my favourite player at the club. :thumbsup:

Totally agree, if we didn't have Eggert we'd have seriously struggled with all the injuries we've had over the past few seasons. He never complains and always puts in 100% effort.

He's easily my favourite player at the club. :thumbsup:

Yet sadly we still have people come on here and slaughter him if he's had a less than world class performance when playing in an unfamiliar role.

Yet sadly we still have people come on here and slaughter him if he's had a less than world class performance when playing in an unfamiliar role.

To be fair Treasurer I don't recollect many on here having a pop at Eggy...other players certainly do get unfair treatment at times

To be fair Treasurer I don't recollect many on here having a pop at Eggy...other players certainly do get unfair treatment at times

There has been one or two CJ but thankfully the vast majority acknowledge that he is a top class player and a model professional who will do whatever he is asked for the team without complaint.

There has been one or two CJ but thankfully the vast majority acknowledge that he is a top class player and a model professional who will do whatever he is asked for the team without complaint.

Goan then Name&Shame...........pity it's against the rools! :rolleyes:

Cheers for that Captain - good to see you again on the board.

Happy with the start Leeds have made?

I'm sure he was till they got papped 5-2 by Barnsley through the week.

:laugh:

biggrin.gif

That thought did enter my mind when I clicked on add reply.

Captain_Peacock

Cheers for that Captain - good to see you again on the board.

Happy with the start Leeds have made?

To be honest I'll take survival in this league no matter how we get it. Been a mixed bag in terms of performance so far, thumped Millwall at home & then got taken apart away at Barnsley. Still some areas that need improvment (Center Back / Left Back) but overall I'd say Grayson has done not so bad with the resources Ken Bates had made available.

Still fingers crossed for tonight at the Keepmoat & a result for Hearts up at Inverness on Saturday. 12 KO by the way whats all that about? No chance of a lie in bed for some.

Oh & I think Hearts dodged a bullet with Capaldi, not good enough for the Jambo's IMO & thats why he's ended up at Morcambe.

Captain_Peacock

After 3 minutes I was over the moon, all down hill from there though. I rate Mark Robbins good young manager.

To be honest I'll take survival in this league no matter how we get it. Been a mixed bag in terms of performance so far, thumped Millwall at home & then got taken apart away at Barnsley. Still some areas that need improvment (Center Back / Left Back) but overall I'd say Grayson has done not so bad with the resources Ken Bates had made available.

Still fingers crossed for tonight at the Keepmoat & a result for Hearts up at Inverness on Saturday. 12 KO by the way whats all that about? No chance of a lie in bed for some.

Oh & I think Hearts dodged a bullet with Capaldi, not good enough for the Jambo's IMO & thats why he's ended up at Morcambe.

Yup - all about survival and then building from that.

12pm kick off's shaft fans - but clubs are happy to take the ?????.

Have just read this, some of the stuff about Leeds in it is incredible. The money they were going through, its no surprise you ended up ######.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/dp/184739003X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284717616&sr=1-1

Captain_Peacock

Yup - all about survival and then building from that.

12pm kick off's shaft fans - but clubs are happy to take the ?????.

Have just read this, some of the stuff about Leeds in it is incredible. The money they were going through, its no surprise you ended up ######.

https://www.amazon.c...84717616&sr=1-1

I've read the same book, Ken Bates gets his own chapter (The Chairman). Which is telling considering the books title is "Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football".

IIRC there's also a bit in the book about Rio's transfer from West Ham to Leeds. Details the fact that they guy who put the deal together wasn't in fact acting for RIo but was an agent for another Norwegian footballer playing at Leeds so had O'Leary's ear.

The Robbie Fowler transfer is a great example of how bad things got. Robbie had agreed a move to Chelsea for ?12 million (I think). Personal terms etc all agreed with the people at Stamford Bridge. At the eleventh hour Robbie got cold feet about the move to Stamford Bridge.

He spoke to his mate Dom Matteo who was then at Leeds & who told him he could do a lot worse than come to Leeds. Robbie was on speaking terms with a director at Leeds and asked if they were interested in taking him. O'Leary / Risdale etc confirmed that they were interested & asked to meet.

Robbie showed up with the contract he had agreed with Chelsea including personal terms, fee, stage payments etc & said to Leeds match it & I'll sign.

Risdale told Robbie that it wasn't that simple & that Leeds & he would have to work through a series of agents (Robbie was surprised, it should be simple offer the same deal as Chelsea & he signs).

Robbie did as Risdale requested and was surprised to see the details of the final contract, 7 figures sums lumped onto the deal as payments to agents. that weren't required. This episode is detailed in Robbie Fowlers book I think.

I've read the same book, Ken Bates gets his own chapter (The Chairman). Which is telling considering the books title is "Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football".

IIRC there's also a bit in the book about Rio's transfer from West Ham to Leeds. Details the fact that they guy who put the deal together wasn't in fact acting for RIo but was an agent for another Norwegian footballer playing at Leeds so had O'Leary's ear.

The Robbie Fowler transfer is a great example of how bad things got. Robbie had agreed a move to Chelsea for ?12 million (I think). Personal terms etc all agreed with the people at Stamford Bridge. At the eleventh hour Robbie got cold feet about the move to Stamford Bridge.

He spoke to his mate Dom Matteo who was then at Leeds & who told him he could do a lot worse than come to Leeds. Robbie was on speaking terms with a director at Leeds and asked if they were interested in taking him. O'Leary / Risdale etc confirmed that they were interested & asked to meet.

Robbie showed up with the contract he had agreed with Chelsea including personal terms, fee, stage payments etc & said to Leeds match it & I'll sign.

Risdale told Robbie that it wasn't that simple & that Leeds & he would have to work through a series of agents (Robbie was surprised, it should be simple offer the same deal as Chelsea & he signs).

Robbie did as Risdale requested and was surprised to see the details of the final contract, 7 figures sums lumped onto the deal as payments to agents. that weren't required. This episode is detailed in Robbie Fowlers book I think.

The book was an real eye opener as to how money payments work. How agents who are not even attached to players get involved and get a slice of the cake.

Terry Venables is also one shady mofo.

Would not buy a newspaper from him.

Archived