Tony Capaldi

Swanny17

The Old Tolbooth

sorry john, i meant to add i didn`t think you were like that..normally :rolleyes::thumbsup: but i still stand by that alot of hearts fans are like this...by not using the stereotypical jkb poster brush!

:D

Ha ha, no worries mate, I had a wee chuckle at that :thumbsup:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with taking him as short term cover for injuries and nobody is saying he won't be able to do a job but we shouldn't expect a player as good as Mahe or Pointon were when he's never played at the level they did that's all.

i know all about mahe but what level did pointon play at? remember he played in england (i think) but can`t remember much else.

Charlie-Brown

i know all about mahe but what level did pointon play at? remember he played in england (i think) but can`t remember much else.

Began his career at S*****horpe then moved to then Champions Everton and also played in the English top league ie old Division One / Premiership with Man City and Oldham before moving to Hearts ... he dropped down the leagues again after leaving us late in his career.

Sterling Archer

Began his career at S*****horpe then moved to then Champions Everton and also played in the English top league ie old Division One / Premiership with Man City and Oldham before moving to Hearts ... he dropped down the leagues again after leaving us late in his career.

:lol:

thanks charlie

I have no idea CB - it just had a chip shop name ring to it.

The chippie in Prestonpans was/is Capaldi's. Interestingly, Raymond Capaldi, whose parents own said chipper, is now one of the top chefs in Australia - michelen stars coming out his bum over the last few years. So there ye go!

As for this left back - no got a scoob. Got to think that if the plan isn't Ruben filling the gap until Matty Park can dip his toe in the water a bit, that the laddy might never make it. 22 now, and though just back from a bad injury, this could and maybe should be crunch time for him.

Jambof3tornado

I take it he isnt the only left back JJ is running the rule over right now?

As for this garbage that if players were good enough they would have clubs already,remember its the SPL we play in!

Carl Spackler

HMMMMM.......

thethickofit460.jpg

What's that referee? Yellow Card? You don't Yellow Card me. I want you detach yourself form this game. I want you to stay detached or that's what your retinas will become....etc

Tuckers Law definitely applies to Scottish Refereeing come to think of it.

If I remember Tony Capaldi, he was a Northern Irish left back who looked a bit like Ralf Little. I haven't seen enough of him to rate him tbh.

If Jefferies thinks he is any good we should sign him on a short term deal. We need a left back and preferrably now.

i seem to remember we had a couple of left backs on trial during pre-season. One of them played againt dunbar ? Its nice to see JJ is not fecking about and is staright on the phone to get cover. The Boy seems to have had injury problems but a bit of expereince at the back won't go a miss.

right. can somebody try to trace this back to some sort of source please because right now the only named source we have is LP Jambos` "unreliable fud of facebook"

sounds to me like it may be a silly rumour that`s spread like wildfire.

Footballfirst

I saw him play this morning. Source - My own eyes.

He looked like a competent defender but I didn't see him getting forward at all. TBF he had enough to do defensively playing up against Temps who still managed to get a few crosses in.

Driver and Elliott are still working on their own with the physios, although Elliot did take a full part in the training match. Zal is still missing.

There was another lad training with the U19s this morning who appears to have come to us for a trial via Totos agent. He did ok as a central midfielder, but I think he may already be too old for the U19s.

He looked like a competent defender but I didn't see him getting forward at all. TBF he had enough to do defensively playing up against Temps who still managed to get a few crosses in.

Driver and Elliott are still working on their own with the physios, although Elliot did take a full part in the training match. Zal is still missing.

There was also another lad training with the U19s this morning who appears to have come to us for a trial via Totos agent. He did ok as a central midfielder, but I think he may already be too old for the U19s.

cheers ff

There was also another lad training with the U19s this morning who appears to have come to us for a trial via Totos agent. He did ok as a central midfielder, but I think he may already be too old for the U19s.

Centra half trialist makes sense with the Zal situ and the fact they saw Lee as a standin for that position.

Feel a bit sorry for Capaldi coming to try win a contract and having to face wee Temps in his form!!

What's your thoughts on Park, FF? Heard any whispers as to whether he might be seen as back up either at LB or CH? With our lack of options in both positions, you'd have to think that if Matty doesn't break through this season, it isn't going to happen for the guy

right. can somebody try to trace this back to some sort of source please because right now the only named source we have is LP Jambos` "unreliable fud of facebook"

sounds to me like it may be a silly rumour that`s spread like wildfire.

:lol:

He told me at half 11, so I'm guessing he just got it off here. That fud. dry.gif

Mr Brightside

just like Joe Cole he was a free agent. He must be crap too :whistling:

Joe Cole was not a free agent after the August transfer window shut though, so not really a fair comparison is it?

On Capaldi specifically he playing record seems decent and would probably be good cover till Lee Wallace is fit again.

Is Matty Park available to play left back?

The Treasurer

I dont think it would be fair on Matty but I am sure he would relish the opportunity to make a name for himself!

It's one thing giving an untried youngster a bit of first team experience gradually but it's a bit much to ask just throwing him in as first choice for a whole season.

Although to be fair it didn't do Gary Niasmith any harm

Footballfirst

I've always liked Matty Park as a player, but I'm not convinced that his face fits with the current or previous management regimes. He's still under contract until Jun 2012 and I'd like to see him given a chance to show what he can do at 1st team level, before he's pushed out. If not, then we may never know if he ever could have done the business.

rudi must stay

Joe Cole was not a free agent after the August transfer window shut though, so not really a fair comparison is it?

On Capaldi specifically he playing record seems decent and would probably be good cover till Lee Wallace is fit again.

Is Matty Park available to play left back?

it's very fair. He was saying he must be crap becase he was released, so was Joe Cole..

Captain_Peacock

Was on loan at Leeds last season, only played 4 games so didn't see a great deal of him (as far as I remember he played all 4 games at left back). What I did see didn't impress me.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Was on loan at Leeds last season, only played 4 games so didn't see a great deal of him (as far as I remember he played all 4 games at left back). What I did see didn't impress me.

I saw every one of his games for Leeds last season. He was utterly, utterly woeful.

Needless to say the "loan with a view to a permanent deal" became a loan.

The Old Tolbooth

it's very fair. He was saying he must be crap becase he was released, so was Joe Cole..

Actually that's not what I said at all, re read my post :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Actually that's not what I said at all, re read my post :thumbsup:

alright I see. You're saying nobodys signed him so he must not be very good. Fair enough mate, hopefully you're wrong :)

Captain_Peacock

you need to register mate, what did it say ?

Thread title "Worst Grayson signing"?

Post 1.

There's quite a few candidates...

Capaldi on loan would probably win it for me. Absolute abomination of a footballer.

Post 2.

Capaldi, dickinson, trundle...

Post 3.Capaldi

Liam Dickinson

Lee Trundle

Frank Fielding

It's 3 pages long so I won't post the entire thread but you get the picture.

Can't help thinking it's a little unfair to judge him on only 4 games at Elland Road.

Edited to add just read the brow's comments, sounds like he had a was pish at Cardiff also. Perhaps it's fair to judge him on 14 games.

Didn't Frank Fielding get an England call up?

I think so....is he not the Blackburn reserve keeper?

Don't shoot the messenger but apparently this lad is training with Hearts today. (replacement for Lee?)

Anyone know much about him?

Think he is a free agent after being released by Cardiff in the summer.

Okay I know Tony Capaldi is a jambo but feck me he's about 43 and has a restaurant in Oz.

Captain_Peacock

Didn't Frank Fielding get an England call up?

Called up for England U21's not sure about a full cap. He was signed as cover when Higgs was injured, I don't think he made a 1st team appearance (if he did I can't remember it) so not sure what was behind the bloke on Waccoe's comments.

kevinmackenzie14

hes actually pretty decent :D well according to my knowledge on football manager which i must say is about 90% right with stats ect.

Never saw him have a good game myself either. :lol:

its jonsson i feel sorry for if ruben gets injured he will be shunted into left back. i think the guy could adapt to any position but with all the moving about he has to do i doubt we`ll see the best from him.

Never saw him have a good game myself either. :lol:

Its ok,we will just have to watch ruben gettin ripped every week until dec/jan playing out of possition. :thumbsup:

Archived