We've Been Skacelated [Merged Shenanigans]

mark_my_words

At least :teehee:

Now I am split on this -- a bit like meeting your first love -- you remember the passion, the good times, the unbelievable way it made you feel............ but then you remember you are 4/5 years older, a bit wiser and the reasons why it didn't work and suddenly you think it should stay as a great memory.

BUT.... god it was good and for a few months he contributed to some of the best football I have watched from a Hearts team, you went to a game knowing they would entertain you and he made you feel he cared for the fans showing such emotion that I defy anyone to state they did not love him (as aplayer!!) during that early period -- a bit of me wants to think it can happen again but somehow you know it won't.

It was the best of times and it's hard to see him being as good...but sometimes you have to chase your dreams or what is the point? :unsure:

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have interesting to see Hartley and Skacel back this season. I'm sure it wouldn't have worked as well as last time but I still think they could have made a positive contribution (and we are certainly lacking in older players).

Gregory House M.D.

JJ's alternative to Bryson?

Kello

C.Thomson Bouzid Barr Wallace

Eggy

Tems Driver

Skacel

Kyle C.Elliot

Thank **** we never signed Bryson if you ask me.

Johanes de Silentio

The bit that stood out for is is where he says the he has already spoken with Serg and...Vlad! :woot:

We also know that JJ was in Kaunas with Vlad last week.

As for the 'lazy' tag? Well, we already have plenty of triers - we can always use players with ability - I think Skacel has ability.

If we brought back Rudi, we could play him on the left and maybe put Driver through the middle and have Eggert protect the back four.

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Wallace

Templeton

Jonsson

Driver

Skacel

Kyle

S Elliott

This would be great for the club and would get the place buzzing with thoughts of how things were :woot:

Wonder who the others are ? "I've started talks with two or three clubs, and one of them is Hearts,"

Dont care as long as we win this one.

Dexter- was this the one from 'left field'? :whistling:

Arthur Morgan

What a missed opportunity that would have been though eh?

If we end up signing Skacel but missed out on Hartley (Vlad's fault imo).

Both of them back would have been brilliant, not as good as 1st time but better having them both rather than 1 :(

Would have added valuable experience to the team and would have got a buzz back around the stadium.

I suppose they are all ifs and buts now though :(

Now the season has started can we changed squad number i.e. change Ian Black and gave Skacel 8?

No but if we give him number 88 maybe he'll be twice as good (or maybe last twice as long !!)

jamboinglasgow

Get him in at Attacking Midfield.

agreed, he may of lost a bit of pace (dont know but probably a safe bet) but I am sure he can still push through the midfield and still has his technique and cracking ability to take a great shot.

Then again I need to be cautious, the returning player and all that.

:blink: He is in talks with us?

:woot:

If he's only half the player he was 5 years ago, I don't care, he'll still do well here. The SPL was of a pretty good standard 5 years ago and he had no problem. It's dire now so he'll have a field day IMO :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

No but if we give him number 88 maybe he'll be twice as good (or maybe last twice as long !!)

ah like Denilson (who when he made the world record transfer to Real Betis, demanded the no. 20 jersey because he thought he was twice as good as the no. 10, a guy who is also avaliable at the age of 33.)

Wished this was still quiet and they announced it a 'done deal' other clubs in the mix may stop this happening.

Fingers crossed Rudi joins till Jan and takes out Ratboy in the first derby :thumbsup:

'Rudi Skacel is a fecking goal machine, fecking goal machine,fecking goal machine' and so on :whistling:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.

Edit - looking at that EEN picture - he needs a new mobile tbf. I'll buy him one if he signs. One of they iPhones if he really wants. Are you reading this Rudi? I'll buy you an iPhone mate. Please sign. :(

At least he won't have to sign a piece of paper distancing himself from the Riccarton Three fiasco :whistling:

I had no idea he was in talks, and didn't for a second think he would even consider coming back here with Vlad in charge, but from what he's saying it appears he would be happy to return.

That being the case, get him signed. He would be a great option as an attacking midfielder.

If he signs for Aberdeen I think I might kill myself.

i said earlier that boat had sailed.....but the prospect of signing him gets me moist with excitement!

Rudi standing in front of the Hibs fans and pointing out the Exit was one of the finest sights i've seen at Tynie

Get him signed Vlad

Imagine if he signed and scored the winner against Celtic on Saturday, with his old GTF celebration to their fans.

That'd be nice.

Imagine if he signed and scored the winner against Celtic on Saturday, with his old GTF celebration to their fans.

That'd be nice.

If he did that to the Smellies he would get a 36 game ban :(

But the GTF would be so nice

WTF? I didn't open this thread at all since it started after dismissing it as another 'bring rudi back' thread.

I didn't know there was something to it!

Well I honestly didn't think this rumour had any substance to it so I'm shocked that it's been confirmed.

I wish he had kept his mouth shut though, I don't think Vlad approves of players blabbing to the press (and trying to force his hand) especially when he refused to name the other two clubs interested in him.

I take it he is still with the girl from East Lothian? If so, I can see why we would be his number one choice. His demands will have to be realistic and I imagine negociations will be more difficult for him this time around.

Still don't think it'll happen though (I'm still smarting from Hartely-gate). I would be livid if he joins another SPL side (especially Aberdeen).

Johanes de Silentio

Derek Holmes is still knocking about .

Couldnt we just go for him. :thumbsup:

No.

With respect, Derek doesn't have the same kind of ability.

He's also under contract.

So, no! :thumbsup:

I'm sitting on the fence with this one, my biggest concern is it's alright talking to Vlad but has he spoken to our manager, do we know if JJ wants him.

mark_my_words

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH, go do some and you'll see that he is playing in Greece.....

Oh dear, Greece isnt the word!

thankfully "the horses mouth" still counts for more than Wikipedia it appears lol

Admittedly I'd rather google than ever have to listen to Chick Dung, but this was a wee gem sparkling through all the sh!te

Derek Holmes is still knocking about .

Couldnt we just go for him.

Robbo scored for the Scottish media team across in Lithuania last week, and I'm fairly sure he's out of contract.

:thumb:

Well this is a lot more exciting than the thought of Myrie-fecking-Williams signing.

I won't get too excited tho until he's paraded at Tynie with a scarf above his head and all that. My fingers are still recovering from the 3rd degree burns after the Hartley saga.

linkin- hearts

As with Paul Hartley i'd have no qualms about bringing him in on a short term contract, after all as someone rightly pointed out, the standard of football now being played in the SPL is at least one level lower than the last time he played for us so his ability would get him by even if he has lost a yard of pace since 2006.:thumbsup:

Rudi says: "**** the Hibs!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOiuwfMDDIA

As a side note it still amazes me the Simmons was still around the Hearts set up at this time. Even scoring against those diddies!

If you'd asked me before watching that I would have said he left a year or two before that season.

Oh and I'd love to see Rudi in attacking midfield. Let's hope we can compete with the other clubs after his signature.

Charlie-Brown

40 pages.

If it goes to 40+ pages or more then it means it will have dragged on and on and we all know how that ends ....

Rudi standing in front of the Hibs fans and pointing out the Exit was one of the finest sights i've seen at Tynie

This.

He's bound to have lost a few yards pace, but he still has that left foot and would give the place (specifically talking about the atmosphere on a Saturday afternoon) a massive massive lift, IMHO.

Can anyone who claims to be 'in the know' shed any light on this?

Let's hope not, as they seem to be jinxs one and all - even jayjay (sorry mate)...

If it goes to 40+ pages or more then it means it will have dragged on and on and we all know how that ends ....

Rudi has already been hanging around Edinburgh for about three weeks. Not sure when the things officially start to "drag on"?

It would also surely fly in the face of the club's policy on developing its own players? Seems unlikely.

Would be good to see "the skatch" back at Tynie.

Wonderful player first time around and would certainly give the fans and the club a lift.

Go on Vlad you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Rudi has already been hanging around Edinburgh for about three weeks. Not sure when the things officially start to "drag on"?

It would also surely fly in the face of the club's policy on developing its own players? Seems unlikely.

This is what I meant to add in my post earlier, good point CTC

Here we go again.

I was so pleased that the transfer window closed so that these hopes and dreams weren't plssed on by VR at the last minute.

Whether Skacel is to old, doesn't play in the right position, too lazy etc etc is irrelevant. He has ability and would benefit the club in so many ways its a no brainer that we should get him in.

The thing is we won't. VR will pull out on this one (as he always intends doing) at the last moment.

I can see Rudi going to Aberdeen.

What a missed opportunity that would have been though eh?

If we end up signing Skacel but missed out on Hartley (Vlad's fault imo).

Both of them back would have been brilliant, not as good as 1st time but better having them both rather than 1 :(

Would have added valuable experience to the team and would have got a buzz back around the stadium.

I suppose they are all ifs and buts now though :(

Why? Keep seeing this written. Do we believe everything we read in the Sun these days? Not saying one shouldn't, just wondering when we're to believe it and when we're to write it off as a rag. Seems inconsistent and agenda-fitting, people's views on that particular paper...

His girlfriend's from near Edinburgh so him being here for 3 weeks could be completely innocent.

I think you're reading too much into it tbh.

Can someone who is following this thread bring me up to speed please.

Cant seem to find what I am looking for.

Is this just another rumour based on someone seeing him in Edinburgh

or

Is there a bit more substance to it, has a paper/club source etc etc linked us with him.

Re his current situation. Is he signed to anyone or a free agent.

I am sure some or all the answers are in the thread somewhere but havent the time to search so please excuse me.

How old is he now 30ish? First time around great but in a good team but very very lazy. Really hasnt done much since but I feel he is a confidence player and if the homework is done properly maybe just maybe could give this club and himself a boost. I dont believe he has been in the form or felt the "LOVE" he had at Tynecastle so could work.

Obviously things were lets say Fraught between him and our regime when he left but part of me thinks he worked his ticket out too.

Again one for JJ to assess presuming its nothing more than " I saw Rudi in Tesco so must be coming back" type of thread. Interesting though very thought provoking.

You could make the same argument about Kyle.

And also, despite the falling out, Rudi did previously net us a transfger fee of ?1.6m following his first stint here - could the fact he has already earned the club a decent return at the end of his first spell persuade the owner if his current wage demands now are realistic and within our new structure? Just putting it out there...

Archived