Cheap Hotels in Oslo & Things to Do...

Guest GhostHunter

Jaap's Sigh

Went to Oslo last year Dex. If you get the weather head along to the Vigeland Sculpture Park. It's really beautiful and free as well. We ended up making the most of the (surprisingly) hot weather and headed to the park with a carry out. We were surprised to see loads of locals who had the same idea as us who were having a few bevvies and also had small portable bbq's with them to cook on. The atmos was good and as I mentioned before, the park itself is really purty.

Oslo's a really nice place to go, but as you know, it's not the cheapest.

http://www.norway.com/directories/d_company.asp?id=676

:)

Jaap's Sigh
Cheers Lummy.... :D

No probs mate. Have been thinking more about Oslo since seeing this thread. We had a ball there. Might be good to take a few boxes of wine with you if you can fit them into the suitcase. Even the beer from the shops was expensive. Also stay clear of the longboat museum. Was looking forward to seeing this but was disappointed.

Get an Oslo pass. This gives lets you travel on public transport (buses and trams) and you get into the numerous museums/galleries at a discounted price (if you're into that sort of thing).

We really liked the harbour area in Olso. During our stay there was a fisherman festival on which sounds crap but was actually really good. Loads of singing and cheap(ish!!) beer. Loads of tents with people cooking various forms of fish. Plenty whale burgers on the go which smelled delicious!! But the eco warior in me told me to ignore. LOL

Have a whale of a time:rolleyes:

scott herbertson
No probs mate. Have been thinking more about Oslo since seeing this thread. We had a ball there. Might be good to take a few boxes of wine with you if you can fit them into the suitcase. Even the beer from the shops was expensive. Also stay clear of the longboat museum. Was looking forward to seeing this but was disappointed.

Get an Oslo pass. This gives lets you travel on public transport (buses and trams) and you get into the numerous museums/galleries at a discounted price (if you're into that sort of thing).

We really liked the harbour area in Olso. During our stay there was a fisherman festival on which sounds crap but was actually really good. Loads of singing and cheap(ish!!) beer. Loads of tents with people cooking various forms of fish. Plenty whale burgers on the go which smelled delicious!! But the eco warior in me told me to ignore. LOL

Have a whale of a time:rolleyes:

Unless its changed recently the oslo pass also allowed you to travel free on the ferries out to the islands in the fjiord - some nice picnic sites, and the picnickers are a nice sight too!

Jaap's Sigh
Unless its changed recently the oslo pass also allowed you to travel free on the ferries out to the islands in the fjiord - some nice picnic sites, and the picnickers are a nice sight too!

Yep that's right Scott. We used it to trvel on the ferries a few times. There were some nice sights on the Islands as you say.;)

Archived