Us Open 2010

shaun.lawson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray looks to have shaken him off

Oops. Sorry Andy! Temporary blip though, I'm sure. :turned:

Not completely off topic, but while Andy is arsing about trying to take this 2nd set, was it ever confirmed that Virginia Wade was a big raging lesbian?

Not completely off topic, but while Andy is arsing about trying to take this 2nd set, was it ever confirmed that Virginia Wade was a big raging lesbian?

:blink:

Hmmm, I too am undecided about Ms Barker.

Still I see Murray is making the usual hard work of things.

The crowd don't like Andy much...

They were quite behind him until his wee rant in the first set. I thought he had a point, to be fair - shouting out in the middle of a point is bad form, old chap.

The crowd don't like Andy much...

They don't like him stopping during points or whining like he did earlier, no. But basically, all they want is a long, close match, so naturally want Wawrinka to level it up.

Now's the acid test for Stan. Two serves for 1-1.

I didn't see the 1st set so have no idea what happened. Enlightenment would be helpful. :)

Wawrinka went 5-2 up in what looked like an action replay of their first set at Wimbledon last year. Murray then stepped it up while Wawrinka went off the boil, breaking back and taking the set in a tie-break. But from 3-0 up in the second, Murray should never, ever have let Wawrinka back in. That's not what Grand Slam winners do I'm afraid.

Cliff is 70 next month and has an amazing body for his age...apparently. :cool_shades:

Not seen the pics but I am guessing they are pretty horrendous.

I didn't see the 1st set so have no idea what happened. Enlightenment would be helpful. :)

Wawrinka shouted "ALLEZ" during the point, Murray lost the point, Murray had a greet to the umpire, crowd booed, umpire told him to sling his hook, Murray turned it on and won the set from receiving to save it at 4-5. :thumbsup:

Not seen the pics but I am guessing they are pretty horrendous.

Thankfully I learned this from the Chris Evans show on Radio 2. :ninja:

Wawrinka went 5-2 up in what looked like an action replay of their first set at Wimbledon last year. Murray then stepped it up while Wawrinka went off the boil, breaking back and taking the set in a tie-break. But from 3-0 up in the second, Murray should never, ever have let Wawrinka back in. That's not what Grand Slam winners do I'm afraid.

Thanks Shaun, I did see the 2nd set. :down:

I was more interested in the rant.... :)

Now it's all gone a bit weird.

Cheers Thommo. :thumbsup:

Jonathan Overend SEETHING at Murray's attitude on Five Live Sports Extra.

He'll get dumped out of the competition by Roger or Raphael in the semis. GIRUY!

Pretty sure he can't face Roger in the semi. :unsure:

Anyway, he's going out tonight. :whistling:

Arthur Morgan

Yep, after Wawrinka took the 2nd set I had a sneaky feeling that he would go on an win the match and still do.

Obviously I would like Murray to win but he has let the rage take over and that will probably lose him the match, hope I'm wrong though!

Murray looking like he's wading through treacle. Wawrinka practically on one leg. Both players could end up retiring here!

Unbelievable scenes. Winky calls for the physio just as Murray starts to limp. Could this be the break Muzza needs?

Even if he can edge this one he'll have to go up a couple of gears to beat Nadal.

What a weird set of tennis. Like a "I'm more injured than you/my head's ****** more than you/I can't be bothered winning more than you" competition.

Arthur Morgan

I'm not one for making Hibs jokes about Murray as I actually like him but this must be what it feels like to support Hibs, get your hopes built up then they get smashed just as quickly.

I'm not one for making Hibs jokes about Murray as I actually like him but this must be what it feels like to support Hibs, get your hopes built up then they get smashed just as quickly.

Have you actually seen Hearts play in the past 30 years?

Arthur Morgan

Have you actually seen Hearts play in the past 30 years?

Umm... yes whats your point? we have effectively won a grand slam (SC) twice in the last 30 years, Hibs haven't.

I'm sure Barcelona fans are devestated....

Murray needs to assert himself.

What's with the constant foot faults? GTF!

Umm... yes whats your point? we have effectively won a grand slam (SC) twice in the last 30 years, Hibs haven't.

Not wanting to turn this into a football discussion just found it an odd thing to say as Hearts are probably the worst offenders from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Murray's links to them must be tenuous at best anyway, however I personally couldn't give a toss what team he supports, and thats all i'll say on the matter!

The comeback's on! Mon the Muzza! :thumbsup:

Not wanting to turn this into a football discussion just found it an odd thing to say as Hearts are probably the worst offenders from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Murray's links to them must be tenuous at best anyway, however I personally couldn't give a toss what team he supports, and thats all i'll say on the matter!

The comeback's NOT on! :thumbsup:

Fixed that for you. :whistling:

The comeback's on! Mon the Muzza! :thumbsup:

Hearts have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory plenty of times in the past, yes - but nowhere near as often since 1998. Hibs, on the other hand, aren't even good enough to get close to victory in the first place. That's the difference.

That makes Hibs like the Chicago Cubs; and Hearts like the Boston Red Sox, with both of the latter having got the monkey off our backs in recent years, while both of the former are still waiting.

Do I think a football/tennis comparison is appropriate in the first place, though? No - however hermetique Murray's performance has undoubtedly been tonight. A set and a break down in the fourth, his back is now firmly against the wall.

scott herbertson

The End is Nigh....

Too painful to watch - think I'm going :angry: to even stop following any matches he plays unless they're finals

Hearts have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory plenty of times in the past, yes - but nowhere near as often since 1998. Hibs, on the other hand, aren't even good enough to get close to victory in the first place. That's the difference.

That makes Hibs like the Chicago Cubs; and Hearts like the Boston Red Sox, with both of the latter having got the monkey off our backs in recent years, while both of the former are still waiting.

Do I think a football/tennis comparison is appropriate in the first place, though? No - however hermetique Murray's performance has undoubtedly been tonight. A set and a break down in the fourth, his back is now firmly against the wall.

Hate to point out the obvious but Hibs did win silverware more recently but anyway, Its kind of a futile argument, as both clubs are alsorans when it comes to winning trophies. Not wanting to add fuel to the fire as far as Hearts fans having an over-inflated opinion of themselves are concerned, but.....aren't the Red Sox one of the most successful teams in Baseball? I have limited knowledge of American sport but that seems a very generous comparison on the face of it, Who would Rangers and Celtic be?

Hate to point out the obvious but Hibs did win silverware more recently but anyway, Its kind of a futile argument, as both clubs are alsorans when it comes to winning trophies. Not wanting to add fuel to the fire as far as Hearts fans having an over-inflated opinion of themselves are concerned, but.....aren't the Red Sox one of the most successful teams in Baseball? I have limited knowledge of American sport but that seems a very generous comparison on the face of it, Who would Rangers and Celtic be?

Shut up.

Archived