Leaving Games Early!

Guildford_Jambo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The People's Chimp

I'm not disputing the right of people to leave early, people can do what they want. But generally, I'm quite interested in why they leave early. I mentioned before in the thread, and no one has really explained. As I said, the Elgin game isn't a great example, but say an SPL game which we are drawing...what's the reason?

Is it just to get to the pub a bit earlier?

JamboJohn1874

At least we made the effort to turn up!

Perhaps your wrath should be aimed in the direction of the vast number absentee supporters, rather than criticise those of us who actually bothered in the first place!

Harry Palmer

Perhaps your wrath should be aimed in the direction of the vast number absentee supporters, rather than criticise those of us who actually bothered in the first place!

Deary me.

Apologies for starting night shift at half 8.

rossthejambo

:unsure:

I'm not disputing the right of people to leave early, people can do what they want. But generally, I'm quite interested in why they leave early. I mentioned before in the thread, and no one has really explained. As I said, the Elgin game isn't a great example, but say an SPL game which we are drawing...what's the reason?

Is it just to get to the pub a bit earlier?

Bearing in mind it was an evening game, read post no. 67 on page 2 on why people leave early, or come late.

It is something that I have never understood. If you got to a film or a play you don't get up with 10mins to go and leave but for some reason at football matches people have this thing about leaving early and arriving after kick off.

Nonsense, I would not sit through a crap film or play. I have left a cinema early and have also left festival events early because I was not enjoying the show. I pay money to be entertained at football, cinema, theatre etc if i am not receiving an appropriate level of entertainment I do something about it and leave. I am a long term season ticket holder and feel no shame in leaving when i choose, i do so promptly to ensure the endurance uber fans don't get upset though. As another poster has said trying to exit from my seat in the back row can take 15-20 mins if i stay until full time.

Going to the football is not all about seeing the football....

You see your buddies have a few drinks before and after. And sometimes the game is just boring so why not go for a drink and talk about how boringly mismatched todays game was a bit early. Sport is about excitement. Not knowing whats going to happen next. And everyone knew what would happen against Elgin and it gets boring. But even against a decent SPL side mid season you kind know whats going to happen. Even if its the best last 10 mins to a game ever your still Hearts and your still mid table and Vlad is still ruining the club (needs citation). So anyway... you have your fun and pick a seat bang in the middle of a row next season and let them have there fun in the pub or bus home.

Some folks could sneak off to get an extra pint in before the misses curfew time.

Either way I stay till the end but I can think of so many reasons to leave early.

Honey Monster

Every week there are so many fans that leave early but when we get to cup finals it is always packed. There are so many part time fans and fans that only go to games when it suits them

FFS this has to be the worst thread ever .

It's up there,mate,that's for sure.

Absolute nonsense..."Why you leave early"?....jesus wept! :rolleyes:

StuDu the Jambo

I sit in the old stand and regularly leave 5 minutes before full time because for some inexplicable reason the fecking steward has to stand on the top step of the stairway out of the stand which means only 1 person can get past him/her at a time and it takes forever to get out.

Trivial I know but it winds me up and the stewards are obviously not allowed to speak because when you ask then why they stand there they just stare at you, I actually feel a bit sorry for some of them because they get pelters at the end of every home game.

I know what you mean, the stewards just get in the way at full time so i normaly just stand next to them for the last 2 mins of the game untill the whistle goes. lol **** them.

Jack Torrance

good one mate :down:

not everybody is as great as you :)

i had to catch a bus as it was the last one, im sorry i couldn't stay till the end as my private helicopter was getting fixed :huh: seems to me that was the same case for many people. i always stay till the end when i can, and i think it is normally wrong to leave, but i actual couldn't give a **** if anybody does :ninja: full stop>>>.

I've already given the nasty man a hard time on page 2 wee man.

Archived