Leaving Games Early!

Guildford_Jambo

Guildford_Jambo

Why do so many so called Hearts fans leave the games early? - before the final whistle.

Last night it was embarassing!! We were winning, team was playing quite well, people cant use tbeating the traffic as there wasnt that big a crowd, YET hundreds STILL left before the final whistle - getting in the way and distracting those of us who want to stay til then end and show support til the end. What do the players/JJ think when they see all these people leaving!

:down:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not vent your ire on the almost uncountable amount of hearts "supporters" who don`t attend games at all. when people decide they have been "entertained" enough and choose to leave is their business.

Jambof3tornado

I was more hacked off at arseholes that couldnt find their seats then promptly got back up to go for a pie then a piss at half time then after 60 mins away for a juice then left 10 mins early!

Thats it, I feel much better now!

Good one!

You don't know why they are leaving early so it's none of your business, don't come on here and spout about it.

rossthejambo

Only on JKB can people still find something to complain about after back to back 4-0 wins.

Some people need to seriously lighten up

Say What Again

I used to sit in the Wheatfield with my mate years ago. His wee brother (he'd be about 8 at the time) sat with his pals in another part of the ground so we'd leave 5 mins before the end of every game to go and collect him. Winning, losing or a nail biting draw.

The first few games we did this there was some loud mouth **** that shouted stuff like 'can you not tape Eastenders?' and 'Will your missus not let you stay out later?'. Pish like that. About 4 games into the season my mate, halfway down the stairs, about turned when the boy started shouting and asked him to come downstairs and they could sort it for good. The boy absolutely shat himself, sitting bolt upright in his seat, chalk white, pretending he had been looking in another direction the whole time. He never said anything to us again (though he could be heard now and again shouting EDIT when the opposition brought on a black player).

So, if you sat in Section F of the Wheatfield about 10 years ago, roughly row 27, and you recognise yourself from this story then HAHAHA, I've never seen anyone bottle it and look so scared in my puff - especially not one with as much to say for themselves as you did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The OP is correct... we should be locked into the ground and only allowed to leave after the final whistle and a personal address from our glorious leader! :whistling:

Good one!

You don't know why they are leaving early so it's none of your business, don't come on here and spout about it.

one example is me. wasn`t going to go last night cos have shingles (which is bloody sore) had offered my ticket to my cousin who at 6.45 decided he couln`t go after all so i thought **** it and got a taxi up there. by about 9.20 i was fading fast and decided to call it a night, missed the last goal but walked out the gorgie end in a cab and home for 9.50.

if i want to go early i`ll go bloody early.

The People's Chimp

Ooh I see the "i'm offended that you're offended" brigade are out in force today...teehee.gif

I also find it strange...am I allowed to ask the question, why? Why do people leave early? I've never understood it. And before it's brought up, no I am not including those that have to catch a train, make it to their granny's birthday party or pick up their cat from the vets. And I'm not counting hearts and chelsea's biggest fan, who, as we know, has an appointment with robertson's bar at 3.45 every match day.

The mass exodus 5-10 mins before FT is something I just don't get, especially when, for example, we're drawing 1-1, or maybe a goal down.I know it's tied in with the atmosphere (utterly rank for last 3 years) but getting behind the team for the last 5 minutes could be what actually spurs them on to nick a goal. We don't put teams under enough pressure in the last 5 and to make matters worse it's usually the away team pressing us, while at the same time the nerves can be felt throughout the stand, against a backdrop of hundreds of people streaming out the exits.

Of course last night is hardly a great example, a few thousand against a 3rd division side, 4 up...but in league games it's the same. I slag huns for "the subway loyal" so don't know why I shouldn't at least ask the question why? of our own fans.

Auld Reekin'

why not vent your ire on the almost uncountable amount of hearts "supporters" who don`t attend games at all. when people decide they have been "entertained" enough and choose to leave is their business.

Fairly simple really: those who choose not to attend every game - for family, financial, or other perfectly valid reasons - are not actually there at the time to provoke one's ire. This is in marked contrast to the early-leavers, the ever-been-in-Tynecastle-before? crew, the pie-piss-and-juice brigade, and - my own personal favourite from last night - the couldn't-give-a-feck-what-my-horrible-little-brats-are-up-to-whilst-I-watch-the-game posse.

I had no idea why the hundreds of people who left early last night did so, and I don't give a crap: they spoiled the last 5-10 minutes of the game for those of us who stayed to the final whistle. (Although, in my case, it was 10 minutes of peace from the aforementioned horrible-little-brats, so it had its compensations...)

Sergio Garcia

Another of reasons, maybe there are starting a night shift, maybe they have young children with them and they kids were getting tired and up for school in the morning, maybe there not well and thought they better not risk there health anymore. Possibly even to ease travel by home via trains, buses etc.

I stayed to the end last night, but I for one im not fussed if everyone stays to the end or no one stays the end. Theres some midweek games I know im dog tired and up early for work the next day and if whoever im with is up for going early maybe 5 or 10 mins, hell even 15 if we are 4 nil up then Im not going be sorry for that.

Everyone has there own reasons and lives mate. Suck it up and deal with it.

The OP is correct... we should be locked into the ground and only allowed to leave after the final whistle and a personal address from our glorious leader! :whistling:

They did that at Sunderland once when fans wanted to leave at half-time after Charlton had gone 3-0 up. Wasn't until an hour of play had passed until the gates were opened.

The People's Chimp

Fairly simple really: those who choose not to attend every game - for family, financial, or other perfectly valid reasons - are not actually there at the time to provoke one's ire. This is in marked contrast to the early-leavers, the ever-been-in-Tynecastle-before? crew, the pie-piss-and-juice brigade, and - my own personal favourite from last night - the couldn't-give-a-feck-what-my-horrible-little-brats-are-up-to-whilst-I-watch-the-game posse.

I had no idea why the hundreds of people who left early last night did so, and I don't give a crap: they spoiled the last 5-10 minutes of the game for those of us who stayed to the final whistle. (Although, in my case, it was 10 minutes of peace from the aforementioned horrible-little-brats, so it had its compensations...)

What about the had a number of pints so need a piss and might as well get a pie and a juice while i'm there brigade?

Guildford_Jambo

Ooh I see the "i'm offended that you're offended" brigade are out in force today...teehee.gif

I also find it strange...am I allowed to ask the question, why? Why do people leave early? I've never understood it. And before it's brought up, no I am not including those that have to catch a train, make it to their granny's birthday party or pick up their cat from the vets. And I'm not counting hearts and chelsea's biggest fan, who, as we know, has an appointment with robertson's bar at 3.45 every match day.

The mass exodus 5-10 mins before FT is something I just don't get, especially when, for example, we're drawing 1-1, or maybe a goal down.I know it's tied in with the atmosphere (utterly rank for last 3 years) but getting behind the team for the last 5 minutes could be what actually spurs them on to nick a goal. We don't put teams under enough pressure in the last 5 and to make matters worse it's usually the away team pressing us, while at the same time the nerves can be felt throughout the stand, against a backdrop of hundreds of people streaming out the exits.

Of course last night is hardly a great example, a few thousand against a 3rd division side, 4 up...but in league games it's the same. I slag huns for "the subway loyal" so don't know why I shouldn't at least ask the question why? of our own fans.

Exactly!

Auld Reekin'

What about the had a number of pints so need a piss and might as well get a pie and a juice while i'm there brigade?

Yeah - them too! :thumbsup:

That should be condisered acceptable. After all they are killing 2 birds with 1 stone. It would be unacceptable if they went for a piss then returned and then went for a pie and juice. That's not on. :verymad:

I'm no fussed if folk leave early myself. Each to their own and all that. I get more fecked at people who are unable to read what's printed on a ticket and my oh my there were a load of them last night! It's not rocket science...Section, Row and Seat. Twice last night some **** told me I was in their seat...em naw! Then the guys behind us were shifted for being in the wrong seats and a few in front and long from us. 20 bloody minutes into the game and it was still like musical bloody chairs. I feel better now for saying that :thumbsup:

Oh and thank god we can all get back to our own places at the weekend surrounded by the folks we know and love and their little quirks. Nights like last night can throw you in beside the strangest people...and yes I'm talking about you Mr Man in Section F row 18 seat 16 ish who spent the whole night waffling on about your fecking Kyle hat-trick bet in an annoyingly loud voice. I tolerated you for the 90 minutes though with just a little sarcasm chucked back loud enough for you to hear. I pity the poor souls who need to sit round you regularly though :lol:

It might sound selfish but I couldn't care less if people leave early as long as they're not getting in my way or ruining my enjoyment of the match. Last night half the Wheatfield had disappeared by the final whistle and most of them wandered in front of me as they went which meant I didn't really see much for near enough the last ten minutes. Fortunately the little lady sitting beside us chose this part of the evening to explain her theories on full moons and werewolves so I wasn't completely at a loss for entertainment. :)

i've got no issue with people leaving early. it's their business and they will probably have valid reasons for doing so, even if it's merely to avoid having to wait to exit the stands.

there really are some skittery ****ers about though who are up and down out of their seats like nothing you've ever seen. it's more understandable from kids perhaps but some adults are like jack-in-the-boxes at times.

sit still for a bit you jinxy ****ers.

I try to time leaving so I'm on the stairs down at the full time whistle( usually get up when injury time starts), all for one reason not to spend an age getting out the ground.

The Treasurer

I actually like people to leave early as it means that come full time (when I leave) I can get back to the pub quicker without having to wait for the stand to clear thumbsup.gif

so people who didn`t attend had valid reasons for not doing so. had it not crossed your mind that the people who left early may have had valid reasons for doing so?

find it incredible what people on this site find to moan about. if people decide to leave early thats their business and i don`t believe that it spoiled the last 5-10 minute for anybody. what a pile of bollox.

you go on about the pie/piss and juice brigade. again up to them. since forever people have left there seats, terrace area during the match and since forever people have left early.

Why do so many so called Hearts fans leave the games early? - before the final whistle.

Last night it was embarassing!! We were winning, team was playing quite well, people cant use tbeating the traffic as there wasnt that big a crowd, YET hundreds STILL left before the final whistle - getting in the way and distracting those of us who want to stay til then end and show support til the end. What do the players/JJ think when they see all these people leaving!

Another better fan thread. Well done you.

Is it supposed to be a chore? If you want to leave after 5, 45, 80 minutes who cares? Do you actually know what reasons these people are leaving for? Kids at home, shift starting, etc. etc.

Just a really rubbish post.

Chad Sexington

If you've paid your money you can leave whenever you want.

Some people arent happy unless they're moaning. :)

Oh and thank god we can all get back to our own places at the weekend surrounded by the folks we know and love and their little quirks. Nights like last night can throw you in beside the strangest people...and yes I'm talking about you Mr Man in Section F row 18 seat 16 ish who spent the whole night waffling on about your fecking Kyle hat-trick bet in an annoyingly loud voice. I tolerated you for the 90 minutes though with just a little sarcasm chucked back loud enough for you to hear. I pity the poor souls who need to sit round you regularly though :lol:

:lol:

I was row 16, we had a good laugh at him and his "PUNT IT UP TO KYLE" and "WHY ISN'T KYLE IN THE BOX" erm, offside rule ya bellend. I'm sure I heard him say he had ?100 on Kyle hat-trick.

Remember the fud in row 15 who shouted "That's what you get for being an arsehole!" at Novi? Everyone was silent and he must've felt like a right dick, ahah.

so people who didn`t attend had valid reasons for not doing so. had it not crossed your mind that the people who left early may have had valid reasons for doing so?

find it incredible what people on this site find to moan about. if people decide to leave early thats their business and i don`t believe that it spoiled the last 5-10 minute for anybody. what a pile of bollox.

you go on about the pie/piss and juice brigade. again up to them. since forever people have left there seats, terrace area during the match and since forever people have left early.

there should be an actual pie/piss and juice brigade.

a ticket sir? certainly. would you like the wheatfield upper section D perhaps, or maybe you would feel at home in the pie/piss & juice enclosure.

Auld Reekin'

Yes, indeed. However, the ones that left early, for whatever reason, did bother me by obstructing my view of the still continuing play, whereas the ones that didn't attend, didn't: primarily because they weren't there in the first place. :rolleyes:

I like a good moan: it's the Hearts and Scotland way. :thumbsup:

Hmmm...??? :blink:

there should be an actual pie/piss and juice brigade.

a ticket sir? certainly. would you like the wheatfield upper section D perhaps, or maybe you would feel at home in the pie/piss & juice enclosure.

:D

Chad Sexington

This all just goes to show that we should bring back terracing.

A hundred times this. :thumbsup:

At a stroke it would also solve the problem of being stuck beside the same loudmouthed rasper all season. <_<

Snake Plissken

You buy your ticket, you leave when you like.

Not something I do personally (leave early), but at least those people are at the game in the first place.

The People's Chimp

I was row 16, we had a good laugh at him and his "PUNT IT UP TO KYLE" and "WHY ISN'T KYLE IN THE BOX" erm, offside rule ya bellend. I'm sure I heard him say he had ?100 on Kyle hat-trick.

Remember the fud in row 15 who shouted "That's what you get for being an arsehole!" at Novi? Everyone was silent and he must've felt like a right dick, ahah.

That was DG_HMFC. (NAP)

Guildford_Jambo

Sounds like a right plonker

That was DG_HMFC. (NAP)

:rofl:

First thing that came to my mind. He was right infront of me.

If it is him... You're ginger, no amount of highlights will change that.

Another better fan thread. Well done you.

Is it supposed to be a chore? If you want to leave after 5, 45, 80 minutes who cares? Do you actually know what reasons these people are leaving for? Kids at home, shift starting, etc. etc.

Just a really rubbish post.

Under normal circumstances I might agree but last night was a bit unusual in that there was literally a mass exodus not long after the 3rd goal and it went on for ages. It wasn't just a couple of people scooting off early. I can understand why he might have felt it warranted comment, it was a little odd.

Speaking of weird things, the laughter is another thing worth mentioning. The fans laughed together at least three times last night. Proper full-on laughter, not mock laughter or just a quiet chuckle. It was very odd. A bit like being at the cinema actually.... :biggrin:

About twice a season (eg when Railtrack are doing repairs and trains are re-scheduled) I have to leave Saturday games around 4.45pm to catch a train to the north of England. It's OK if you live in and around the Edinburgh area but a lot of us don't.

auld reekin` & guildford

since i started going to the games in about 1983 people have always left there seat/terrace areas for a variety of different reasons, pie, piss, bovril etc etc. leaving early is not a new thing either.

now i pressume that this has always happened and didn`t just start in 1983.

so when you started going to football this was already happening. so why whinge?

it is a wee bit unrealistic to expect everyone to be seated by kick off, not move out their seats during the game and leave at the final whistle it is the football not the opera or the theatre after all.

You musta been just in front of us then as we were 17 and right in front of him! I dreamt the words "get it on Kyle's heid" last night. And how many times a game can you tell the ref to stick his whistle up his arse and blow it?! Still it could be worse I could have him for the whole season! :lol: Aye ?100 on a Kyle Hat-trick at 5-1 I think he said.

You musta been just in front of us then as we were 17 and right in front of him! I dreamt the words "get it on Kyle's heid" last night. And how many times a game can you tell the ref to stick his whistle up his arse and blow it?! Still it could be worse I could have him for the whole season! :lol: Aye ?100 on a Kyle Hat-trick at 5-1 I think he said.

I remember that, along with the linesman's flag as I recall. :teehee:

Yeah, you must've been right behind us. There was some shocking chat kicking around.

Surely people can leave when they want to? I don't understand it myself but live and let live. A home game for me is a 760 mile round trip so I'm getting every minute I can out of it, I'll be staying right to the end on Sunday regardless of the score.

Look on the bright side, at least our supporters tend to stay until the last 5 or 10 minutes, our near neighbours start heading for the exits after about 20 minutes. :whistling:

I do not like it either normally and do not normally do it, but I left when the injury time board went up as that way I just and no more made my bus - if I missed it I would have another hour to wait - so just occassionally there may be reason to so I think we need to be tolerant unless we can identify who is leaving early and exactly why.

larrythejambo

i've got no issue with people leaving early. it's their business and they will probably have valid reasons for doing so, even if it's merely to avoid having to wait to exit the stands.

there really are some skittery ****ers about though who are up and down out of their seats like nothing you've ever seen. it's more understandable from kids perhaps but some adults are like jack-in-the-boxes at times.

sit still for a bit you jinxy ****ers.

Some of those adults have good reason i.e medical reasons.

larrythejambo

clearly you don't appreciate that some people's medical conditions require them to use the toilet more frequently (and appear to be up and down like a "jack in the box") and also leave games sharp to avoid being stuck in crowds. Member of my family has to do this but it's better than them not going at all.

clearly you don't appreciate that some people's medical conditions require them to use the toilet more frequently (and appear to be up and down like a "jack in the box") and also leave games sharp to avoid being stuck in crowds. Member of my family has to do this but it's better than them not going at all.

that explains it then. all the people i hear saying to their mates that they're off to the pie stand or off for a fag must have a medical condition.

i would make them have colostomy bags fitted. :ninja:

Chad Sexington

Me and Gigalo Aunt once left a boring game against St Mirren at half time because we had a fridge full of beer and were in the middle of a titanic Pro-Ev season.

And I'd do it again. :geek:

I think you need a drink mate, or some female attention...!

Do you really believe fans who leave early are the group of people most deserving of criticism?

You're so ignorant (or self-absorbed), that you don't even consider the many reasons people have for doing so.

You've failed to even mention those who turn up late to a game - surely an offence worthy of equal criticism using your criteria.

I doubt the players or JJ are even the slightest bit bothered by the leaving times of a few fans.

Perhaps you should follow their lead?

Also, watch some games on the TV this weekend then tell me this doesn't happen at EVERY ground in the country.

Archived