Leaving Games Early!

Guildford_Jambo

Like many of the previous responses ... I don't really give a toss about people who leave early ... for whatever reason ... I'm just not interested ...

However again like many others previously, I saw and suffered the interuption of all the same wandering about prior to the match (until about 20 minutes in) trying to find seats etc etc ... and what I'm definitely not content to accept is that the Stewards do not do the job their paid for by preventing this from spoiling other people's view and enjoyment ...

If you have to, or want to leave early, by all means please do it's a free world ... just please go out the nearest exit, preferably as quickly as possible ... do not wander along in front of people in wheelchairs in the walkways whilst watching the game for section after section of the stand completely blocking their view and have some basic consideration ... unlike the individual who when asked to move last night decided that a one fingered salute to the disabled fan was the appropriate response ... I hope you are reading this because ... you mate ... are an utter plum!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do so many so called Hearts fans leave the games early? - before the final whistle.

Last night it was embarassing!! We were winning, team was playing quite well, people cant use tbeating the traffic as there wasnt that big a crowd, YET hundreds STILL left before the final whistle - getting in the way and distracting those of us who want to stay til then end and show support til the end. What do the players/JJ think when they see all these people leaving!

:down:

"So Called Hearts Fans" ? Get a fecking grip

Say What Again

If you have to, or want to leave early, by all means please do it's a free world ... just please go out the nearest exit, preferably as quickly as possible ... do not wander along in front of people in wheelchairs in the walkways whilst watching the game for section after section of the stand completely blocking their view and have some basic consideration

Totally agree with this.

I've left early on numerous occasions and will continue to do so whenever I like, but when I get up to go, I do just that. Down the stairs and out the exit.

Standing about in front of the wheelchair users and folks in the front rows isn't on. If you want to leave then do so.

The guy you say gave the finger to a disabled person when asked to move is indeed a plum. :down:

Jack Torrance

Why do so many so called Hearts fans leave the games early? - before the final whistle.

Last night it was embarassing!! We were winning, team was playing quite well, people cant use tbeating the traffic as there wasnt that big a crowd, YET hundreds STILL left before the final whistle - getting in the way and distracting those of us who want to stay til then end and show support til the end. What do the players/JJ think when they see all these people leaving!

My son, who is a season ticket holder like me, travelled 30 odd miles to see the game on a school night. We had to leave a few minutes early so he could catch his last bus home.

Please let me know if i'm allowed to do this in future.

Muppet.

Thundercats Are Go

Sadly everyone cant be an uber fan like you.

Why do so many people come in late spoiling my view of the game,I leave early at every game and I have good reason for doing this. Because of this I am a so called Hearts supporter, it just so happens I go to every home and away game and I dont feel any need to explain my reasons to you. If you were caused embarrassment by myself and others who left early tough, start paying for my season ticket and I will sit as long as you

Many people have reasons for leaving a bit early, some folk have to start a nightshift at 10pm, others have to get to a bus stop in time, some have to get their kids home and in bed for school the next day and others have to be elsewhere for a prior engagement. Same for folk coming in late at the start, queueing for tickets, trying to get some food at the kiosks for their tea even though half of them are shut!, buses running late, finishing work and trying to get home to change before coming to the game, picking friends up from their homes and parking problems amongst other things. One guy was shouting at folk to get out the way while they were finding their seats so he could see the game, well woopee for him, he managed to get in on time! He was told by one or two to shut the **** up or they would shut him up, others told him where to go in no uncertain terms, total tool of the highest order!

If folk want to leave a bit early or arrive a bit late, that's their choice, they've paid their money. As for what the players and JJ think, i doubt they hardly notice, they would be concentrating on what they're doing to worry about it, they've got their win bonus anyway and they'll be more interested in getting through to the next round.

I can't believe any true fan would want to leave early and anyone who does so should be thrown out.:teehee:

Read above.

Auld Reekin'

OK - listen folks - it really is this simple: as long as the rest of you get to your correct and allocated seats before kick-off, stay in them until the half-time whistle goes, are back in them before the commencement of the second-half (having completed whatever pie/pish/juice-related business you may have had within the half-time interval), stay in them until the final whistle, keeping any children you may have brought under strict control at all times, and don't talk any more crap than I do throughout your whole time in the stadium (and that's a helluva lot of leeway for you right there), you won't have any further complaints from me.

Not too much to ask, is it? :thumbsup:

I just thought I would say sorry as I was 1 who got up and left with less than 60 yes that's right 60 seconds to go. I hope I didn't offend anyone's enjoyment of that last few seconds.

The People's Chimp

I suppose the most pertinent point about leaving early is that those who skited out of tynie to drown their sorrows one fateful day missed what was one of my best experiences at Tynie, 4-4, happy graham weir...

I also left around a min before the final whistle and quite frankly its no ones business apart from my own.so op until you buy me my ticket jog on son :whistling:

I suppose the most pertinent point about leaving early is that those who skited out of tynie to drown their sorrows one fateful day missed what was one of my best experiences at Tynie, 4-4, happy graham weir...

and this my dear, is exactly why i can't bring myself to leave a game early.

that was an amazing game, and never has a draw felt more like a win. so many people leaving early missed the goals but we sat there screaming our heads off for the last 10 minutes

happy day thumbsup.gif

The People's Chimp

and this my dear, is exactly why i can't bring myself to leave a game early.

that was an amazing game, and never has a draw felt more like a win. so many people leaving early missed the goals but we sat there screaming our heads off for the last 10 minutes

happy day thumbsup.gif

Ah, what memories. My dad had lost his specs when we brought it back to 2-2, jumping around going mad and they'd been sent flying and no one around could find them. He couldn't make out anything that was going on, so you can imagine his chagrin, like us all when we went 4-2 down. Then all the seats around and in front of us cleared and we found them lying three rows down, he popped them back on, could see again, Mr Weir came on and the rest, as they say, is history.

I almost always stay to the end of games but that day, one of the mates i usually go with was working so he gave another pal his ticket, this particular mate who will remain nameless (millerjambo60) ha-ha, usually left matches early, which we did that day, we wondered what the two cheers were when we were walking down the road then ultimately found out when we got back to the car! (Sorry for reminding you, Doug!)

Anyway, it ended a draw and under the circumstances, we still didn't win the game, any draw with that lot is ALWAYS 2 points dropped but it was still good to piz them off anyway ha-ha!

being outside in the street when hearts made it 4-4 was also an unforgettable experience of it's own. the sheer wonderment and joy in people was like nothing i've seen at football before or since. folk literally running about daft and jumping about with complete strangers.

still wish i had have stayed and seen the vermin though. nothing could replace that.

The People's Chimp

being outside in the street when hearts made it 4-4 was also an unforgettable experience of it's own. the sheer wonderment and joy in people was like nothing i've seen at football before or since. folk literally running about daft and jumping about with complete strangers.

still wish i had have stayed and seen the vermin though. nothing could replace that.

It was genius. Absolute hilarity, joy, shock and just generally pissing ourselves. Being in the old main in Section P meant we were close enough to see their faces....GREAT STUFF.

Say What Again

One goal I'm glad I missed was McManus' 2nd and Celtics 3rd on New Years Day.

We'd left the main stand the second he equalised and heard the inevitable winner at the top of McLeod Street.

It was genius. Absolute hilarity, joy, shock and just generally pissing ourselves. Being in the old main in Section P meant we were close enough to see their faces....GREAT STUFF.

priceless. i was nearby for the 5-1 game. just priceless to see them crumble into abject depression as the late goals made a routine pumping into a classic.

anyone remember the game in the early 80s when we came from 0-2 vs rangers with goals from o'connor and robbo? that was absolute bedlam.

I have a phobia about crowds and so me and the lads get to a game for gate opening time, take our seats and watch Tynie fill up, then wait until our section has nearly emptied before leaving. Thankfully I have a bladder that can go 90 min without needing to purge itself and also a stomach that can last the game without a food top-up. It would appear that others are less fortunate than me. We should sympathise not mock.

priceless. i was nearby for the 5-1 game. just priceless to see them crumble into abject depression as the late goals made a routine pumping into a classic.

anyone remember the game in the early 80s when we came from 0-2 vs rangers with goals from o'connor and robbo? that was absolute bedlam.

i was at that game with my uncles behind the goals and lots of people had left. two goals form absolutely nowhere then down to the murrayfield hotel where both uncles got pissed and then one of them drove me home. changed days.

i was at that game with my uncles behind the goals and lots of people had left. two goals form absolutely nowhere then down to the murrayfield hotel where both uncles got pissed and then one of them drove me home. changed days.

changed days indeed.

we would never come back from 0-2 now.

:lol:

Was it possibly Clark and Robbo, didnt Robbos boot come off when he was scoring? I think we are talking about the same game. I remember the one I'm whittering on about being on Sportscene on the Sat night and Archie Mac talking about how good a comeback it had been

EDIT: Apologies was indeed O'Conner it was season 83/84 I think the boot incident may have been a cup win over them a couple of seasons later when we won 3-2

Captain Lithuania

People can leave early all they like, no problems with that. My Dad used to leave about 10 minutes early with me when I was younger, so fair enough. What I do, however have a problem with is b******s who leave early, and then stroll ALL THE WAY ALONG the walkway so they can catch as much of the game as they can on the way out. If you leave early, you don't get to see the game as far as I'm concerned. I want to stay to the end, and watch Hearts, not some tossers head right in front of my face because he's decided to piss off a few minutes early. If you're leaving early, please feck off out via the nearest exit.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

As you were obviously shaking with rage, did you say anything to the sub-standard fans at the time or simply decide to come on here and whine about it?

I left early because I had a nighshift to do at work having already done a 9 hour shift during the day ok?

we left early, was at the game with my 7 year old son and rather wait about haymarket for 40 mins for our train thought with 5 mins to go and 4-0 up best get head for the earlier train.

I'm sorry if we offended anyone... na really don't care

Was it possibly Clark and Robbo, didnt Robbos boot come off when he was scoring? I think we are talking about the same game. I remember the one I'm whittering on about being on Sportscene on the Sat night and Archie Mac talking about how good a comeback it had been

EDIT: Apologies was indeed O'Conner it was season 83/84 I think the boot incident may have been a cup win over them a couple of seasons later when we won 3-2

yep sandy's flying boot was definitely 1985/86. we beat rangers 4 times that season (3 at tynie inc cup game). off the top of my head i can't say for certain if it was the 3-2 cup win or one of the league games. if i had to guess right now i would go for one of the league games. i seem to remember the boot was already off before he scored.

Good one!

You don't know why they are leaving early so it's none of your business, don't come on here and spout about it.

we leave because our train is at 17.07 and by the time I get to Haymarket I am knackered lol

yep sandy's flying boot was definitely 1985/86. we beat rangers 4 times that season (3 at tynie inc cup game). off the top of my head i can't say for certain if it was the 3-2 cup win or one of the league games. if i had to guess right now i would go for one of the league games. i seem to remember the boot was already off before he scored.

Crikey, I canny even get the man and his boot right, getting auld sucks :thumbsup: But I agree that the boot was off when he scored. Must try go find out what game it was. You had better not be right again or you and I will be having words :whistling:

EDIT: OK a quick bit of research makes me think it was the 3-1 leage game in March of the 85/86 season as Clark scored the 3rd late on

Crikey, I canny even get the man and his boot right, getting auld sucks :thumbsup: But I agree that the boot was off when he scored. Must try go find out what game it was. You had better not be right again or you and I will be having words :whistling:

EDIT: OK a quick bit of research makes me think it was the 3-1 leage game in March of the 85/86 season as Clark scored the 3rd late on

correct!

larrythejambo

that explains it then. all the people i hear saying to their mates that they're off to the pie stand or off for a fag must have a medical condition.

i would make them have colostomy bags fitted. :ninja:

I'll get him to empty his colostomy bag on your trainers next time then, eh? Stop him spoiling your view of the game.

portobellojambo1

You buy your ticket, you leave when you like.

Not something I do personally (leave early), but at least those people are at the game in the first place.

I don't normally leave early, but I left with about 3 minutes to go last night (for yesterday evening's game I was seated in Wheatfield Block F Row 17 Seat 21 (ish) I think). Why did I leave early, I didn't really think there was going to be a flurry of goals in the last 3 minutes and I'd seen enough to keep me happy for another few days. In other words I just made a decision, I think I'll take off now.

I normally leave, or start to think about leaving, when the board goes up for injury time. If I start to depart at that point, from my suual seat in the back row of section E it tends to mean I reach the concourse around full time. It can actually be a bit of a bind when you sit in the back row and you don't leave until the final whistle goes, as it can then take a good 15 minutes just to get to the bottom of the stairs. I don't have any problems with people choosing to leave early, if they wish, I certainly ain't going to waste time questioning them all to see if their reasons for leaving are deemed valid.

Yesterday was the first time in years I have ever left before the final whistle when the board went up for injury time, i had brought a few Rangers supporting m8's to the game and they enjoyed it.

No point keeping them nailed to their seat for the final 2 minutes when we were winning 4-0, bought the extra tickets for my m8's as it helped support our club - couldn't give a toss about moaning fans or in turn feel like wasting effort moaning at fans that chose to stay away- everyone has a choice :thumbsup:

Never understood this either but at the end of the day isn't something that bothers me. If someone wants to leave early so be it just hate it when people block my view whilst leaving so I can't see the game. Only left early 3 times myself. Once against Falkirk in 08-09, think we were 2-1 up and there was less than a minute to play and this is when I stayed in the Borders so thought id get away slightly earlier so I could get a seat on the bus into the town. 2nd time was the same season in the 1-0 home defeat to the Hobo's. Once the added time board went up couldn't bare to listen to those incestious barstewards for another 5 minutes let alone look at them. And guilty as charged for leaving 15 minutes early at the Aberdeen game last year where we lost 3-0 but that was a night of sheer rage.

It got to 9 o'clock and I fancied a pint. Take away my season ticket if you wish. Platinum mind, so I must be a better fan than you. ;)

StuDu the Jambo

I've only ever left early twice, once against rangers when we went 3-0 down after half time and against hibs when we where gatting beat 2-4. Wish i had never left early after that game as we drew 4-4 lol.

good one mate :down:

not everybody is as great as you :)

i had to catch a bus as it was the last one, im sorry i couldn't stay till the end as my private helicopter was getting fixed :huh: seems to me that was the same case for many people. i always stay till the end when i can, and i think it is normally wrong to leave, but i actual couldn't give a **** if anybody does :ninja: full stop>>>.

Like many of the previous responses ... I don't really give a toss about people who leave early ... for whatever reason ... I'm just not interested ...

However again like many others previously, I saw and suffered the interuption of all the same wandering about prior to the match (until about 20 minutes in) trying to find seats etc etc ... and what I'm definitely not content to accept is that the Stewards do not do the job their paid for by preventing this from spoiling other people's view and enjoyment ...

If you have to, or want to leave early, by all means please do it's a free world ... just please go out the nearest exit, preferably as quickly as possible ... do not wander along in front of people in wheelchairs in the walkways whilst watching the game for section after section of the stand completely blocking their view and have some basic consideration ... unlike the individual who when asked to move last night decided that a one fingered salute to the disabled fan was the appropriate response ... I hope you are reading this because ... you mate ... are an utter plum!!!

I was in the row just behind the wheelchair users and whilst I'm tall enough to be able to see over all those walking along the front, I did listen to the two guys in front of me getting more and more annoyed as people rushed out of their seats early only to ignore the exits and stroll slowly along the walkway, ignoring the polite requests from the wheelchair users. It certainly greatly decreased their enjoyment of the game for the first 20 minutes and last 10 minutes of the game. So if you are leaving early please show a bit of respect to fellow fans and leave quickly by the nearest exit.

For the "why didn't you say something at the game rather than moan on kickback" brigade, I did start loudly asking people not to walk in front of the wheelchair users. Most people just put their head down and ignored me. As PiltonJambo mentioned, one particularlly fine and pleasant individual decided the best response was to turn around and show me the finger (to give him a little credit it was me rather than a wheelchair user he was directly swearing at). Hopefully reading this and with a bit of time to think about it, some people will choose to act differently in future.

I sit in the old stand and regularly leave 5 minutes before full time because for some inexplicable reason the fecking steward has to stand on the top step of the stairway out of the stand which means only 1 person can get past him/her at a time and it takes forever to get out.

Trivial I know but it winds me up and the stewards are obviously not allowed to speak because when you ask then why they stand there they just stare at you, I actually feel a bit sorry for some of them because they get pelters at the end of every home game.

jamboinglasgow

:lol:

I was row 16, we had a good laugh at him and his "PUNT IT UP TO KYLE" and "WHY ISN'T KYLE IN THE BOX" erm, offside rule ya bellend. I'm sure I heard him say he had ?100 on Kyle hat-trick.

Remember the fud in row 15 who shouted "That's what you get for being an arsehole!" at Novi? Everyone was silent and he must've felt like a right dick, ahah.

the game had some funny moments from the crowd.

Like the comment when Kyle went into the goalkeeper, suddenly heard "look its Allan McGregor."

Like in the second half when things were a bit quiet, a young girl (from the voice I think it was) started singing happy birthday, dont know why it just made me laugh.

Like also in the second half when a random scream was heard in the Wheatfield stand.

I was in the row just behind the wheelchair users and whilst I'm tall enough to be able to see over all those walking along the front, I did listen to the two guys in front of me getting more and more annoyed as people rushed out of their seats early only to ignore the exits and stroll slowly along the walkway, ignoring the polite requests from the wheelchair users. It certainly greatly decreased their enjoyment of the game for the first 20 minutes and last 10 minutes of the game. So if you are leaving early please show a bit of respect to fellow fans and leave quickly by the nearest exit.

This is a fault of the stewards. At the foot of the steps, people are meant to head straight out of the nearest exit. Stewards are stationed at the exits and are supposed to stop people walking in front of the sections. But they rarely do.

I'm glad that I do not sit in the first two rows behind the wheelchair supporters or I would get extremely angry.

rossthejambo

One goal I'm glad I missed was McManus' 2nd and Celtics 3rd on New Years Day.

We'd left the main stand the second he equalised and heard the inevitable winner at the top of McLeod Street.

I was so hungover that day I couldn't bring myself to move after the equaliser. :yucky:

Both times they won their free kicks I just knew they were going to score. It's a shame my psychic powers don't work when I'm sober :down:

It is something that I have never understood. If you got to a film or a play you don't get up with 10mins to go and leave but for some reason at football matches people have this thing about leaving early and arriving after kick off.

Archived