*** Hearts V Elgin City ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Seymour M Hersh

C'MON TAE **** HEARTS, GET ANOTHER ******* GOAL!!

You moaned too soon!! By the way does 3-0 not get you through in the league cup? :lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooop!! Believe I predicted this would be the result, but I'd love to be wrong and for us to get more :thumbsup:

Head says Hearts should ease off the gas and save energy/yet more injury worries for the weekend though!

Destruction Derby

Had us at (-3) thats the reason I said it, but for the fans -

Had us at (-3) thats the reason I said it, but for the fans -

me too!!!thumbsup.gif

Rudi Hates Hibees

And thats that. Well done Hearts through to the next round. Can't ask for more than that.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

god, I go for a dump and there's a flurry of goals in the cup!

Any chance you can be on standby with a supply of laxatives at the beginning of every Hearts game?

Of course, you'll not be needed during derby matches as there'll be plenty of sh*te present already!

Nothing new. Most people presumably tune in for a description of the match, not primary school attempts at humour (with all due respect, as Lawrence might say, to primary school humour).

That is the problem with any commentary these days - too concerned with trying to make funny remarks or discuss the game when all we want as listeners is to know what the hell is happening - how often to they shout goal and because they have been talking pish you have no idea of what team scored - bring back David Francey!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

smug.jpg

smug2.jpg

emot-smug.gif

You're a brave man, Acey. I'd never have chanced ?200 on that! Even if I had ?200.

Well done sir. That's some shrewd betting right there. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :) Glad I got on at 5/6 - price dropped to 1/2 pretty sharpish, and I don't think I'd have had the balls to go with (-3)!

Well done to everyone who helped themselves to some PHREE MUNNI tonight. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

You're a brave man, Acey. I'd never have chanced ?200 on that! Even if I had ?200.

What were the other 13 bets you put on?

P.S Fair play on sticking ?200 on!

Didn't he only put ?3 on the Hearts bit of the bet? What's the 3.00 under the stake column, and why does it say Total Stake ?200?

Confused... :blink:

Rudi Hates Hibees

Anyone know when the draw for the next round is?

Is it tomorrow?

It's not tomorrow, don't think the SFL have announced a date yet.

Didn't he only put ?3 on the Hearts bit of the bet? What's the 3.00 under the stake column, and why does it say Total Stake ?200?

Different bookies, Shaun. :teehee:

I've only used my SJ account for 14 bets since I opened it a while ago.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I won't even pretend to understand it at all, Shaun. Like the bookies, I never gamble......

southcapital

?200 on -2

?3 on 4-0

Benny Factor

That's two different bets with two different firms, Shaun.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

It's not tomorrow, don't think the SFL have announced a date yet.

They'll have to arrange the ball-warming and the incompetent drawmeisters for the draw before they can announce the date.

Or is that the SFA?

smug.jpg

smug2.jpg

emot-smug.gif

Good work. I went a bit safer than that.

?200 on -1 at 1/4 to bank ?50.

But also had ?50 on Hearts -2, Aberdeen and St J'.

?20 acca on too which is just waiting for Reading, come on lets get 3/3!

:thumbsup:2 separate bets, feck it i'm on the fwee mudhuney twain tonight whoooo diggely hoooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

cska , hearts -3 and millwall , ftbookies :thumbsup:

And thats that. Well done Hearts through to the next round. Can't ask for more than that.

I already have someone saying it wasn't good enough!! Well as I wasn't there perhaps a few others could inform me if it was or wasn't. Considering its a cup tie though even 1-0 does. Granted we wouldn't be pleased with that against Elgin, but 4-0 wasn't bad at all as far as I'm concerned. Anyone expecting 10 just didn't get how much of a strike problem we had just even a couple of weeks ago!

Good work. I went a bit safer than that.

?200 on -1 at 1/4 to bank ?50.

But also had ?50 on Hearts -2, Aberdeen and St J'.

?20 acca on too which is just waiting for Reading, come on lets get 3/3!

:thumbsup:2 separate bets, feck it i'm on the fwee mudhuney twain tonight whoooo diggely hoooo !!!!!!!!!!!!

cska , hearts -3 and millwall , ftbookies :thumbsup:

Nice one gents; looks like a successful night all round. Nothing like Hearts winning you money. :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

The bet was ?200 on Hearts to win at odds of 5/6, with a handicap of -2, plus an additional correct score bet of ?3 on Hearts to win by 4-0 at odds of 8/1, unless I've misread what was posted.

shaun.lawson

Different bookies, Shaun. :teehee:

I've only used my SJ account for 14 bets since I opened it a while ago.

?200 on -2

?3 on 4-0

That's two different bets with two different firms, Shaun.

The bet was ?200 on Hearts to win at odds of 5/6, plus an additional correct score bet of ?3 on Hearts to win by 4-0 at odds of 8/1, unless I've misread what was posted.

Aha! If I ever put 200 quid on a Hearts game and we were 10-0 up with nine minutes left, I'd still be shitting myself. :mellow:

chances of this post being made if Hearts won 1-0 = 0

Chances of Hearts only winning 1-0 = 0.

edit: I'd also said that I was having a LARGE bet on (-2) in the Official Betting Thread. :)

If you were so sure why not post your bets beforehand :ermm:

Destruction Derby

If you were so sure why not post your bets beforehand :ermm:

I stick up for Acey here

Just check the official gambling thread

PPPPPPPPHHHHHHHRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MMMMMMMMOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Where's Wally

Good bet....I'd have had much the same on the -2 if I'd known that the odds were there.

As an aside, Acey. Have you ever backed against Hearts (or laid them on the exchanges)?

Good bet....I'd have had much the same on the -2 if I'd known that the odds were there.

As an aside, Acey. Have you ever backed against Hearts (or laid them on the exchanges)?

You obviously didn't witness the birth of the FREE MONEY thread last year. :whistling:

(In short, yes. I've rarely made any money on it, though!)

portobellojambo1

Well done Hearts and the 5000 hardy souls who went along.

Not a bad crowd considering.

It was a reasonable display without being special/extraordinary at any point. Very much a learning exercise for the management team I'd reckon, and a chance for the players to get further match fitness. What is pleasing me at the moment is the way the goals are being shared about amongst different players, which further builds confidence.

Tonight was all about getting into the draw for the next round, and we achieved that objective comfortably.

I already have someone saying it wasn't good enough!! Well as I wasn't there perhaps a few others could inform me if it was or wasn't. Considering its a cup tie though even 1-0 does. Granted we wouldn't be pleased with that against Elgin, but 4-0 wasn't bad at all as far as I'm concerned. Anyone expecting 10 just didn't get how much of a strike problem we had just even a couple of weeks ago!

I'm just back from the game and I thought it was a decent, professional performance although there's always room for improvement. First half was better with the Elgin keeper making 3 or 4 really good point blank saves. Second half was fairly dull but the 3rd goal was a great move and a good finish and Pum finished the 4th really well.

Novikovas was rightly voted MotM and looked very bright but Temps on the other wing was quiet. Stevenson wasn't as good as I'd hoped although he was ok. I thought Blackie was decent tonight (a few folk won't be interested in hearing that) but Pala wasn't great (as usual). Defence looked solid enough without ever being under pressure and Craig T looked good despite a couple of wayward crosses. Great run forward and cross for the 2nd goal. I thought Pum also looked great when he came on.

In summary, a good win and we looked on a completely different level from Elgin. That's as expected but doesn't always happen with Hearts.

Competent performance from the lads and I thought Novikovas deserved his MOTM award. It may only be Elgin, but his performance tonight and the reaction he got from the fans will do his confidence the power of good. I've been convinced since he first got a game that he could go on to be a big player for us.

The Old Tolbooth

smug.jpg

smug2.jpg

emot-smug.gif

Nice one Acey, credit where it's due for that one! :thumbsup:

I had a paltry ?3 silly bet on Hearts -5 at 7/1 :teehee:

edit: I'd also said that I was having a LARGE bet on (-2) in the Official Betting Thread. :)

?200 large. Pah, sweeties.

Nonetheless a nice evenings work. 4 or more goals for Hearts was far more of a sweat than it should have been !

I'm just back from the game and I thought it was a decent, professional performance although there's always room for improvement. First half was better with the Elgin keeper making 3 or 4 really good point blank saves. Second half was fairly dull but the 3rd goal was a great move and a good finish and Pum finished the 4th really well.

Novikovas was rightly voted MotM and looked very bright but Temps on the other wing was quiet. Stevenson wasn't as good as I'd hoped although he was ok. I thought Blackie was decent tonight (a few folk won't be interested in hearing that) but Pala wasn't great (as usual). Defence looked solid enough without ever being under pressure and Craig T looked good despite a couple of wayward crosses. Great run forward and cross for the 2nd goal. I thought Pum also looked great when he came on.

In summary, a good win and we looked on a completely different level from Elgin. That's as expected but doesn't always happen with Hearts.

Thanks for the summary :thumbsup:

You're right there's always room for improvement and to an extent we're work in progress as JJ sees it. He's still trying to look at what works and what doesn't and I'm sure from tonight he'll have seen a bit more to learn from.

Of course we're a different level to them but you are spot on in what you say, this time last season I'd never have thought us capable of scoring 4, I'd have predicted hopefully a one goal margin win and to avoid extra time if at all possible. I'm not getting carried away this year as its early days, but as long as the boys give their best and fight every week, most of us will always find positives from that even when the result isn't as pleasing as we'd hoped.

portobellojambo1

I suppose it is another example of how people see games differently jambodex. I thought Palazuelos performed well tonight, but thought yet again that Ian Black was the weakest man in the Hearts side. I'm afraid he just doesn't cut it for me, at all. Something missing, may be Hearts style of play doesn't suit him, I don't know, but he just doesn't produce enough for me to justify his being included in the side.

Was at the game and just wanted to say....

Novi, take a bow son!

Cracking performance tonight from him and a well desered MOTM. :thumbsup:

I've been convinced since he first got a game that he could go on to be a big player for us.

It certainly looked as if he has become a bigger player since the end of last season when he often looked lightweight.

Archived