*** Hearts V Elgin City ***

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Well tonight's then night Hearts make their charge to the 2011 League Cup Final , a chance to win it for the first time since 1962 when Norrie Davidson scored to bring the trophy back to Gorgie

Come on Hearts it's about time !

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just get through this one and take it a round a time - I remember Airdrie a couple of seasons back - Davie O's debut i think............and he missed a pen!

Sterling Archer

26-0

They'll be walking like John Wayne by the time our lot are finished with them. :thumbsup:

gorgie rd eh11

Read in the metro this morning that they have a 6 feet 8 1/2 inch centre forward. :o Kevin Kyle is 6 feet 3 inch. Maybe not the best night to be missing a couple of centre halfs. :)

jamboinglasgow

Read in the metro this morning that they have a 6 feet 8 1/2 inch centre forward. :o Kevin Kyle is 6 feet 3 inch. Maybe not the best night to be missing a couple of centre halfs. :)

I may be wrong but I thought he was a centre back.

rossthejambo

I may be wrong but I thought he was a centre back.

Pretty sure he's a centre forward...at least that's what the Metro said this morning.

Jambof3tornado

the boy must be like inspector gadget,he has grown and shrunk over the past 24 hours. I heard he was 9ft 2!

If he's the 2nd tallest player in world football and he plays for Elgin City, my guess is he can't head a ball.

jamboinglasgow

Pretty sure he's a centre forward...at least that's what the Metro said this morning.

your right, checked another paper and it said he was a striker, someone better watch for the high balls.

Regular John

Apparently he's hopeless in the air despite his height, or so he says in the paper I read.

lets get stuck right into them & smash a few goals in! 5-0 Kyle 2, Stevo 2, Elliot 1. Thank you very much :thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan

Team confirmed:

Balogh

C.Thomson Bozuid Jonsson Wallace

Templeton Black Palazuelos Novikovas

Kyle Stevenson

heartsfc_fan

Subs - Kello, Suso, J. Thomson, Robinson, Mrowiec

Would suggest Zaliukas and Barr not being risked due to injury. No idea where Calum Elliot is (maybe being rested?)

Kello and Suso dropping to bench.

Team confirmed:

Balogh

Kyle Stevenson

:yucky:

Team confirmed:

Balogh

Kyle Stevenson

Good to see Stevenson and Johnsson in, although I would like to see them as a central midfield pairing.

Is Mcgowan injured? WOuld like to have seen him get a game.

heartsfc_fan

Good to see Stevenson and Johnsson in, although I would like to see them as a central midfield pairing.

Is Mcgowan injured? WOuld like to have seen him get a game.

No idea about McGowan, I would've liked to have seen him in the team aswell.

Elliott obviously isn't quite fit enough.

Drewjambobusby

Team confirmed:

Balogh

Kyle Stevenson

Wee bit concerned that appear to have a distinct lack of back-up firepower if 1. Big Kyle takes a knock or 2. If things are going pee-tong !!!!!

Why the face?

I know it's only Elgin at home in the league cup but I'm disappointed to see Black and Palazuelos in midfield, Jonsson and Stevenson out of position and one striker. Ideally we would have seen how Jonsson/Stevenson and Kyle/Elliot get on as pairings. Oh well.

Where's Calum Elliot. Strikers feed off goals. The more the better no matter who against. He's flying the now. And have done him good to get another couple tonight.

donnie darko

Elliot injured.

Hope it's not his knee. :(

Edit - it is... :down:

Barr, Zal, Elliot, Elliott, Driver, Obua, Glen - it's like last season all over again

Regular John

Elgin will have everyone camped deep in their own half so playing Novikovas and Templeton should help carve them open.

Hopefully Elliot's not injured, surely it's best to play him while he's on fire?

Elliot injured.

Hope it's not his knee. :(

Edit - it is... :down:

FFS does any other club get as many injuries as we do?

Surprised Clum ain't in the squad - would have thought he'd have had a decent chance to continue his goal-scoring streak tonight and keep his confidence up, thereby keeping The Beast and the other Elliott on their toes - is he injured?

gorgie_rebel

Just heard Elliot picked up a knee injury in training yesterday but it's his good knee if that makes sense. Not the one he had bother with last year.

Shame as he could do with a decent run. Hope it's not to serious.

Cardiac Rucksack

3 central midfielders with the two young wingers playing off Kyle? Stevo Playing a wee bit further forward than Black and Pala?

donnie darko

Just heard Elliot picked up a knee injury in training yesterday but it's his good knee if that makes sense. Not the one he had bother with last year.

That's a relief. Hopefully, it's nothing serious.

We could really do with getting all these guys back.

Sierra Delta

Hopefully it won't keep him out for too long.

Must be awful for him to finally look like he's getting into a bit of form then pick up an injury.

Apparently he's hopeless in the air despite his height, or so he says in the paper I read.

I've just had a Kevin James flashback

Chad Sexington

Gutted Elliot is injured. :(

I really fancied him to get another couple of goals tonight and he would have been flying for the United game.

Feckin sods law. :angry:

Team confirmed:

Balogh

Black Palazuelos

Stevenson

Templeton Kyle Novikovas

If you look at the team like that it is actually quite attacking. Both CT and Wallace like getting forward and Jonsson may also be able to press up a bit. We should be able to get some decent distribution from the back as well.

it's not a team i would like to see us play rangers or celtic with to be fair. this is elgin though so we should be able to stroll through it.

i doubt the shape described will be the one that starts the game though. as someone else said, it will more likely be a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1.

no more injuries please lads.

donnie darko

Well done Eggert J!

Just as well Csaba's not in charge.

He'd be circling the wagons for the last 80 minutes!

'Mon the JT's !! Good start, calmed me right doon !!

Incidentally, anyone just see Sampdoria's second against Bremen ?? Woooooooffff !!

Archived