Man City Vs Liverpool (Merged Threads)

Destruction Derby

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Badonde

Try some from here

My P2P

I got a 40" sony bravia gatering dust in the corner while i watch the game on a stream worse that my first analouge set! All caus im too tight to buy Sky Sports!

Try some from here

My P2P

I got a 40" sony bravia gatering dust in the corner while i watch the game on a stream worse that my first analouge set! All caus im too tight to buy Sky Sports!

:lol:

I have a reasonable stream on AG1TV from that list. Had a great one before but it went off air 2 mins into the match.

The Old Tolbooth

City thoroughly deserve their lead so far, and I cant see Liverpool doing much to change this to be honest

JamboRossi79

Mancini sending out a negative team.

Shock.

This will probably be dull.

Aye just cos they play one up front it must be negative.

Doh rolleyes.gif

rossthejambo

As poor as Liverpool looked, Man City were different class tonight.

Stand out players for me were:

Tevez as always worked his socks off.

Milner with some great skill and a great assist for the first goal. Rarely wasted a pass.

Yaya Toure, I don't remember him ever passing the ball to anyone other than a City player.

and the 2 best players IMO

Adam Johnson, just brilliant, great distribution and tore Agger to pieces on that right hand side. seems silly to have spent 20million (i think) on David Silva when they've got this young lad.

Vincent Kompany, Torres very rarely got out of his back pocket. Made some brilliant tackles and kept the Liverpool attack very very quiet.

If that boy Kolarov is a decent left back, Man City, going on tonights performance, will be a very good side this season.

Man City signed Juliano Belletti? When?

:rolleyes:

Very convincing 3-0 victory for City tonight. Liverpool are looking a million miles from being a top 4 side. I wonder if Fergies hitting the panic button yet because city, like them or not, are going to be a serious threat this season. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Cant argue with that scoreline, City won that game in a canter and Roy Hodgson has one hell of a job on his hands to turn Liverpool into a decent side again (or decent by their own standards).

I don't grudge Man City or their success starved fans what is happening to them one bit, if I was a City fan I'd be loving it, and manure must be worried now that the power in the city of Manchester will turn from red to blue, I'd love to see it :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Citeh don't worry me and the scousers make me laugh. All they can hope for is United failure!

Citeh don't worry me and the scousers make me laugh. All they can hope for is United failure!

Post saved :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Citeh don't worry me

*raises eyebrows, strokes chin, rolls eyes*

As for Liverpool: their time will come again. In 2016, to be exact.

Geoff Kilpatrick

On what basis do you claim that Shaun? Because United went 26 years without a title, logically the scousers will follow the same pattern?

shaun.lawson

On what basis do you claim that Shaun? Because United went 26 years without a title, logically the scousers will follow the same pattern?

Yup. That United went so long without the title is incredible; and just like Liverpool since 1990, it's not even as though they went that close for the vast bulk of the time. But for some reason, big rivals seem to emulate one another. For example, in Spain, Real Madrid had their period of dominance around the turn of the century, then Barcelona had theirs for a similar period. Celtic won nine in a row; then Rangers won nine in a row. Celtic reached the UEFA Cup Final; then Rangers did the same.

United, of course, kept winning Cups during their drought; so have Liverpool. But now that United have caught Liverpool's number of league titles, I think they'll get stuck. Football is cyclical; and when it comes to great rivals, when one is up, the other is almost always down.

shaun.lawson

So by that logic, when do Norwich win the Uefa Cup?

:yadayada:

:evilno:

:10800:

And of course...

:rofl:

Can Norwich get back to you on that one? :)

Well done super city that's put the Scouse Celtic in their proper place fourth bottom.... We can only get stronger

blue mooooon

The Treasurer

Well done super city that's put the Scouse Celtic in their proper place fourth bottom.... We can only get stronger

blue mooooon

While I'm not a fan of City and all this "new money" they're splashing around it's always good to see a "sellik-minded" club get a good humping.

At least City have a real fan base and not just a bunch of bandwagon jumping glory hunters like they have at the Bridge.

While I'm not a fan of City and all this "new money" they're splashing around it's always good to see a "sellik-minded" club get a good humping.

At least City have a real fan base and not just a bunch of bandwagon jumping glory hunters like they have at the Bridge.

Thankfully, Liverpool FC have become more inclusive since their inception but their beginnings contradict your armchair view of the club. Several of the club's early directors were connected to the Orange Order, including founder John Houlding and John McKenna. Liverpool F.C. also had strong connections to the Working Men's Conservative Association (WMCA), the political expression of the Liverpool Protestant Association.

Or do you view them as some kind of traitors to what some on JKB have (pathetically) long since referred to as "traditional values" by becoming more inclusive as the years and decades rolled by?

The Treasurer

Thankfully, Liverpool FC have become more inclusive since their inception but their beginnings contradict your armchair view of the club. Several of the club's early directors were connected to the Orange Order, including founder John Houlding and John McKenna. Liverpool F.C. also had strong connections to the Working Men's Conservative Association (WMCA), the political expression of the Liverpool Protestant Association.

Or do you view them as some kind of traitors to what some on JKB have (pathetically) long since referred to as "traditional values" by becoming more inclusive as the years and decades rolled by?

I have no interest in what you refer to as "traditional" values and take offence at being lumped in with those that hold these out-dated views.

My dislike of sellik and their disgusting fans (and the huns for that matter) is based purely on football.

I find that there is far too many similarities in the behaviour/song books of the fans of sellik and their scouse counterparts for it just to be a coincidence.

gorgie rd eh11

You're wasting your time. They sing walk on, the must be catholics.:rolleyes: They're all thieves :rolleyes: They all have perms :rolleyes: None of them actually come from Liverpool :rolleyes:

It's amazing the amount of stereotypical p*sh you can pack into a narrow mind.

The Treasurer

You're wasting your time. They sing walk on, the must be catholics.:rolleyes: They're all thieves :rolleyes: They all have perms :rolleyes: None of them actually come from Liverpool :rolleyes:

It's amazing the amount of stereotypical p*sh you can pack into a narrow mind.

Sorry but what has "walk on" got to do with religion ????blink.gif

Talk about stereo-typing.

You must be very narrow minded if you think like that.

Snake Plissken

Oooft.

Scouse Celtic got reamed, didn't they?

Not that I have much love for Citeh or any other EPL team, but Liverpool occupy a special place on my dislike shelf, along with the cockney huns. :woot:

Seymour M Hersh

Sorry but what has "walk on" got to do with religion ????blink.gif

Talk about stereo-typing.

You must be very narrow minded if you think like that.

Well you're the one who mentione similar songbooks. Tumshie!

The Treasurer

Well you're the one who mentione similar songbooks. Tumshie!

Yes, but again I ask, what has "walk-on" got to do with religion.

I have always been consistent in my comparison of these two clubs but if you'd like to check I've never once mentioned religion.

Narrow minded people have seen my posts on this subject and jumped to their own conclusions

gorgie rd eh11

Yes, but again I ask, what has "walk-on" got to do with religion.

I have always been consistent in my comparison of these two clubs but if you'd like to check I've never once mentioned religion.

Narrow minded people have seen my posts on this subject and jumped to their own conclusions

None of what i said was said seriously, scousers are not all thieves, they don't all have perms, most Liverpool fans come from Liverpool. Because Liverpool and celtic sing walk on it doesn't make Liverpool fans "sellick" minded.

Liverpool don't sing the fields of athenry, they use the tune with their own lyrics as do rangers. I suppose that makes rangers fans "sellick" minded as well. :teehee:

blue mooooon

Only 3 teams in it this season. Chelsea, United and City.

I think City deserve a bit success because they are willing to invest in the game. I hope you come second.

The Treasurer

None of what i said was said seriously, scousers are not all thieves, they don't all have perms, most Liverpool fans come from Liverpool. Because Liverpool and celtic sing walk on it doesn't make Liverpool fans "sellick" minded.

Liverpool don't sing the fields of athenry, they use the tune with their own lyrics as do rangers. I suppose that makes rangers fans "sellick" minded as well. :teehee:

Ahh the old "I was only joking" backtracking defence ninja.gif

Liverpool sing more than one song that is also heard at darkhead, but the comparisons are not just about songs.

Your huns comment is just plain silly as well you know. huh.gif

gorgie rd eh11

Ahh the old "I was only joking" backtracking defence ninja.gif

Liverpool sing more than one song that is also heard at darkhead, but the comparisons are not just about songs.

Your huns comment is just plain silly as well you know. huh.gif

No backtracking, you're they sing the same songs excuse is bollocks, they don't.

The Treasurer

No backtracking, you're they sing the same songs excuse is bollocks, they don't.

Oh they do and you know it.

The truth can sometimes hurt,

the realisation that the team you clearly have a soft spot for are just an English version of one of the 2 most hated clubs in Scotland must be hard to take

Be strong I'm sure you can get over it thumbsup.gif

gorgie rd eh11

Oh they do and you know it.

The truth can sometimes hurt,

the realisation that the team you clearly have a soft spot for are just an English version of one of the 2 most hated clubs in Scotland must be hard to take

Be strong I'm sure you can get over it thumbsup.gif

:D No they don't, they don't sing the fields of athenry or the soldier song.

But if it makes you feel better about you're hatred of Liverpool, you keep telling yourself they do. :thumbsup:

Why so many scarfs with Liverpool on one side and Celtic on the other then?

I've got one with LFC on one side and the mighty Hearts on the other. Next question.

rossthejambo

:D No they don't, they don't sing the fields of athenry or the soldier song.

But if it makes you feel better about you're hatred of Liverpool, you keep telling yourself they do. :thumbsup:

They certainly do sing the fields of athenry.

I've seen 3 Liverpool games this season and heard it in all of the games.

The Treasurer

I've got one with LFC on one side and the mighty Hearts on the other. Next question.

You've not answered the last one yet.

gorgie rd eh11

They certainly don't, they use the same tune as the fields of athenry with their own words that have absolutely nothing to do with the fields of athenry.

You've not answered the last one yet.

Which was?

(ahem)

Fields of Anfield Road

Outside the Shankly Gates

I heard a Kopite calling

Shankly they have taken you away

But you left a great eleven

Before you went to heaven

Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

All round the Fields of Anfield Road

Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and he could play)

We had Heighway on the wing

We had dreams and songs to sing

Of the glory round the Fields of Anfield Road

Outside the Paisley Gates

I heard a Kopite calling

Paisley they have taken you away

You led the great 11

Back in Rome in 77

And the Redmen they are still playing the same way

-------------------------------------------

Rangers have a version to the same tune but their lyrics I feel are not worthy of publication on a fine upstanding (sic) forum as this one. Also, Liverpool fans sing a song called "Poor Scouser Tommy" of which the second part of the song is to the tune of the Sash. Difference being, the lyrics have more to do with football than some Dutch aristo with a daft wig.

Just look back to the post by The General that you replied to

Kindly remind me of it.

Thank you for your co-operation

rossthejambo

They certainly don't, they use the same tune as the fields of athenry with their own words that have absolutely nothing to do with the fields of athenry.

(ahem)

Fields of Anfield Road

Outside the Shankly Gates

I heard a Kopite calling

Shankly they have taken you away

But you left a great eleven

Before you went to heaven

Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road.

Outside the Paisley Gates

I heard a Kopite calling

Paisley they have taken you away

You led the great 11

Back in Rome in 77

And the Redmen they are still playing the same way

-------------------------------------------

Rangers have a version to the same tune but their lyrics I feel are not worthy of publication on a fine upstanding (sic) forum as this one. Also, Liverpool fans sing a song called "Poor Scouser Tommy" of which the second part of the song is to the tune of the Sash. Difference being, the lyrics have more to do with football than some Dutch aristo with a daft wig.

Well excuse me for not being quite up to date on the Liverpool song book :whistling:

Well excuse me for not being quite up to date on the Liverpool song book :whistling:

All you had to do was listen. After all, Steve Heighway doesn't get a mention in the Fields of Athenry.

rossthejambo

All you had to do was listen. After all, Steve Heighway doesn't get a mention in the Fields of Athenry.

Of course, how silly of me. I should be concentrating on a song that the scousers are singing and try to decipher the words rather than watching the game.

If I was at the game, sure I'd be able to figure out the words. But on the TV it's a different story.

The Treasurer

Kindly remind me of it.

Thank you for your co-operation

Typical "scouser"

too fecking lazy to do something for himself laugh.gif

Typical "scouser"

too fecking lazy to do something for himself laugh.gif

No just a typical Comely Banker (insert pun if you will) demanding the servants do some work for him. :rolleyes:

Of course, how silly of me. I should be concentrating on a song that the scousers are singing and try to decipher the words rather than watching the game.

If I was at the game, sure I'd be able to figure out the words. But on the TV it's a different story.

Turn the volume up then :rolleyes:

Archived