Routine Away Win.

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

When was the last time we could say that?

Not scraped or scrambled but comfortable with four goals thrown in for good measure.

Clum - fantastic today, what a confidence boost last week must have been and another 2 goals to add to his tally.

Kevin Kyle - first goal for the club, well taken penalty and caused Hamilton no end of problems when he came on.

Ruben - silly boy but the team showed a professionalism that I have not seen in a long time, particularly after going a man down.

Defence - the jury is still out, Hamilton had no quality in their team today and I still think they looked a bit shakey at times, I suppose only time will tell.

Still you can't take anything away from the performance today, brilliant.

Jim Jefferies has the team organised like we have not seen since the Burley days (I am not for a minute suggesting we have as good a team but if the basics are there then we will win matches)!

Absolutely delighted - well done Hearts. :thumbsup:

Victor Meldrew

When was the last time we could say that?

Not scraped or scrambled but comfortable with four goals thrown in for good measure.

Clum - fantastic today, what a confidence boost last week must have been and another 2 goals to add to his tally.

Kevin Kyle - first goal for the club, well taken penalty and caused Hamilton no end of problems when he came on.

Ruben - silly boy but the team showed a professionalism that I have not seen in a long time, particularly after going a man down.

Defence - the jury is still out, Hamilton had no quality in their team today and I still think they looked a bit shakey at times, I suppose only time will tell.

Still you can't take anything away from the performance today, brilliant.

Jim Jefferies has the team organised like we have not seen since the Burley days (I am not for a minute suggesting we have as good a team but if the basics are there then we will win matches)!

Absolutely delighted - well done Hearts. :thumbsup:

I was going to start a similar thread.

It's all very well for the media to focus on how bad Hamilton were, but how long is it since we buried one of the weaker teams in this way?

Very encouraging today. Not really a bad performance though Palazuelos should go to the back of the queue for midfield places now.

Well taken goals with some lovely strikes. And it was great to see the team working really hard for each other. The continual harrying and pressing of the Hamilton players meant that they made mistakes.

Hamilton look like certain relegation battle fodder. Guess that is what happens when your best players are sold each year.

You can only play whats put out against you,how many times in the past has Hearts struggled against a sh*t team especially away from home. Well done to JJ & the team today , more of this please :thumbsup:

with eggy ,driver, stevenson , obua and elliott to come back the squad looks really good. what a great problem to have for once :lol:

great stuff today encouraging to see our strikers score 3 goals and temps to score a cracker. According to TV our biggest away win since 2000 when JJ was last in charge happy days!

linkin- hearts

I noticed the commentator still had to have a dig at us for our "discipline". They just hate to see Hearts doing well at any time:yucky:

I noticed the commentator still had to have a dig at us for our "discipline". They just hate to see Hearts doing well at any time:yucky:

It was silly first yellow Ruben got for kicking ball away, i thought all in all the pundits were fair and positive towards Hearts today

It was silly first yellow Ruben got for kicking ball away, i thought all in all the pundits were fair and positive towards Hearts today

precisely the thing JJ was trying to stamp out when he was talking in the papers earlier in the week. Id expect ruben to be on the sidelines for a while after that

was great to be there :P stadium is terrible! though i like how you can still watch the game whilst getting a pie if you want.

great stuff today encouraging to see our strikers score 3 goals and temps to score a cracker. According to TV our biggest away win since 2000 when JJ was last in charge happy days!

Biggest away win in the SPL since then. We've since had 4-0 away wins in both cups against Alloa in 2006 and Stranraer in 2007.

Biggest away win in the SPL since then. We've since had 4-0 away wins in both cups against Alloa in 2006 and Stranraer in 2007.

There's another 4-0 cup win away from Tynecastle you have somehow overlooked.

Howdy Doody Jambo

And the hobos on 2 / 4 / 06

Ray Winstone

And the hobos on 2 / 4 / 06

I don't think that counts as away as it was a neautral venue for both sides.

There's another 4-0 cup win away from Tynecastle you have somehow overlooked.

i forgot the spl bit:whistling: the game you speak of the best 4-0 in my time as a Hearts fan:rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

Yep Hamilton were shockingly bad but that said we set up in a style that put pressure on them to make the mistakes ,we harried and rushed the weaker Hamilton players which was spot on tactically, some of our own attacking play was top drawer .

there has been plenty of games over the last few years where we have played just as bad an opposition and failed to punish them .

A good day and a good win Building confidence for the tougher games to come .

Home or away this is the manner in which Hearts should play or attempt to play all the time in the spl.

Nothing to fear. Be positive, believe in your ability and fight for the cause and never stop until the last whistle.

I'm pissed off, nothing to moan about!!! :whistling:

Well, with the possible exception of Ruben but I'm not that sure we'll miss him.

How stupid can you be? Two competitors for your place coming back from suspension in the next game, you're playing in a game where your team are well in control and you go and get yourself ordered off. It may have been the only way the team was going to change next week barring injuries. D'oh!

Guest jambomickey

we done what we had to do against a poor hamilton team but take nothing away from hearts because we lost through there last season.

mahgrassyshoes

Very encouraging today. Not really a bad performance though Palazuelos should go to the back of the queue for midfield places now.

Well taken goals with some lovely strikes. And it was great to see the team working really hard for each other. The continual harrying and pressing of the Hamilton players meant that they made mistakes.

Hamilton look like certain relegation battle fodder. Guess that is what happens when your best players are sold each year.

Totally agree witht the bit in bold and i thihnk that it's important that two of our most maligned players, Suso and Clum, take a lot of credit for that. Both worked their socks off. Whole team put in a great shift and a fantastic performance into the bargain.

'Mon the JyTees!

Hannibal Lecter

What a difference it makes when players have a bit of confidence about them. The difference from last season was like night and day.

Really looking forward to see how this season pans out.

Archived