Good Luck To Odense, Aek And Particularly Fc Utrecht Tonight

Therapist

I hope Unemployed Steelmen FC, Dungdeh Hivernians and the green and grey hoops all get smashed. :thumbsup:

But if I had to choose one to get rogered, it'd be the dhims. :thumbsup:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
linkin- hearts

From a Hearts point of view i'd like to see all 3 make the group stage, hopefully a few, hard games in Europe might start to tell on them at a later stage of the season.:whistling:

From a Hearts point of view i'd like to see all 3 make the group stage, hopefully a few, hard games in Europe might start to tell on them at a later stage of the season.:whistling:

Seconded. How could I be so stupid as to forget about the extra money they'd get. :whistling:

1-0 Odense. Free kick that seemed to miss everyone.

Tremendous. I'm sure they'll blame it on Baroness Thatcher and Sir Ian MacGregor. :lol:

Malcolm Tucker

applause-754063.jpg

A multi-racial round of applause for you, good sir.

I hope Murderwell, Bumdee Utd and Septic get a good ol' pumping tonight.

Hearts of Vladland

Good luck to Motherwell and Dundee United, improving the rep of Scottish football means more likely to get a better tv rights deal meaning more money coming into Hearts also it gives us a better chance to get into Europe with more spaces available and also weakens two of our rivals because they are playing more football making fitness harder to keep up. We all complain Scottish football is shite yet wish good luck to whoever Scottish teams are playing? The only way Scottish football will improve is if we move forward together.

Good luck to Motherwell and Dundee United, improving the rep of Scottish football means more likely to get a better tv rights deal meaning more money coming into Hearts also it gives us a better chance to get into Europe with more spaces available and also weakens two of our rivals because they are playing more football making fitness harder to keep up. We all complain Scottish football is shite yet wish good luck to whoever Scottish teams are playing?

The only way Scottish football will improve is if we move forward together.

There is no together. There is the old firm. All the clubs who crawl up there jeer. Then us.

Good luck to Motherwell and Dundee United, improving the rep of Scottish football means more likely to get a better tv rights deal meaning more money coming into Hearts also it gives us a better chance to get into Europe with more spaces available and also weakens two of our rivals because they are playing more football making fitness harder to keep up. We all complain Scottish football is shite yet wish good luck to whoever Scottish teams are playing? The only way Scottish football will improve is if we move forward together.

this guy kens the score.

Malcolm Tucker

Good luck to Dundee Utd.

I like them.

I'm sorry what?

I like your posts Craigie, but this is just bizarre. You like another SPL team? A direct rival, in fact?

And you have the cheek to call others poofs :(

Good luck to Motherwell and Dundee United, improving the rep of Scottish football means more likely to get a better tv rights deal meaning more money coming into Hearts also it gives us a better chance to get into Europe with more spaces available and also weakens two of our rivals because they are playing more football making fitness harder to keep up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How naive. :down:

I'm sorry what?

I like your posts Craigie, but this is just bizarre. You like another SPL team? A direct rival, in fact?

And you have the cheek to call others poofs :(

I have always had a soft spot for DU.

They are about the most inoffensive club that I can think of.

If anyone wants to put me straight on that then go ahead.......

For once, I agree with you.

Dragging down the coefficient enough would see our league winners have to qualify for the Champions League. That means less money for the Old Firm, and makes them less attractive to foreign players.

Scottish teams failing in Europe could be very good for the SPL in terms of competition.

Dundee United Football Club are a Scottish professional football club located in the city of Dundee. Formed in 1909, originally as Dundee Hibernian,[1] the club changed to the present name in 1923.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.

Original name Dundee Hibernian. Enough said.

Dragging down the coefficient enough would see our league winners have to qualify for the Champions League. That means less money for the Old Firm, and makes them less attractive to foreign players.

Scottish teams failing in Europe could be very good for the SPL in terms of competition.

Exactly. It's a lose/win situation. :thumbsup:

would it though?

Rangers and Cetlic still earn a hell of a lot more than everyone else from gate Receipts. Even without europe monies they have a vastly superior spending power to the rest of the SPL.

Malcolm Tucker

Cool, they're pretty inoffensive. Although they did have Andy Webster on their books last season. :down:

But they are a direct rival for European football. I don't like any Scottish teams other than Hearts. No second team. Nothing.

Each to their own Craig, but I find that strange.

i hope all the guid honest scoattish teams get pumped. hopefully celtic will also get pumped silly.

scottish teams getting through? aye ok then. everybody loves sunday fitba right enough.

would it though?

Rangers and Cetlic still earn a hell of a lot more than everyone else from gate Receipts. Even without europe monies they have a vastly superior spending power to the rest of the SPL.

You think so?

Without the guarantee of Champions League money, they are less likely to take risks at the start of the season because their business model could be totally undone in 90 minutes.

The OF are weaker now than they've ever been. They killed off competition to secure their own interests in terms of Europe and league prize money. But they've not spent well for a long time, and other teams have had to adapt to this.

Basically, if a team gets it right. There could be every chance of them doing something, if that means finishing 2nd or actually winning. Without the Champions League the OF will be weaker, we won't as we've never had it.

Hearts of Vladland

So what you are saying is try to kill Rangers and Celtic off then we win the league and get what? Europa league like we normally get because the coefficient is so low we have to qualify for Champs League and will fail because we can't attract good enough players.

His first point about TV deals may be a bit naive but he's right on the other two.

Last season 5th place would have gotten into Europe. Why? Because our co-efficient was on a high thanks to Celtic getting to the last 16 of the champions league twice and Rangers getting to the final of the UEFA Cup.

And of course they have a greater chance of getting players injured or fatigued if they play more games. That's common sense surely?

Whether Celtic go through or not, I'm really not bothered in the slightest. What difference does it make to me? That team is never going to be good enough to make it far anyway, and there is very little money in the Europa League to make the club stronger, so let the baby have its bottle.

As for Motherwell and Dundee United, I have little against either team, and it'd be nice to see a Scottish club at least achieving respectability in Europe other than the two *****.

So what you are saying is try to kill Rangers and Celtic off then we win the league and get what? Europa league like we normally get because the coefficient is so low we have to qualify for Champs League and will fail because we can't attract good enough players.

The coefficient is irrelevant. If the team's good enough it will qualify regardless.

No, what I'm saying is that losing the Champions League place would force the Old Firm to review their spending on players if Europe can't be guaranteed, thus improving SPL competition as a whole due to a weaker OF. Our spending is not affected by Europe, we are tied to a certain budget regardless of our league position.

We would never win the league as things are right now, so your point is totally invalid. Wouldn't you like to see a league where it wasn't such a two horse race? Where Celtic or Rangers could finish lower than 1st and 2nd?

You think so?

Without the guarantee of Champions League money, they are less likely to take risks at the start of the season because their business model could be totally undone in 90 minutes.

The OF are weaker now than they've ever been. They killed off competition to secure their own interests in terms of Europe and league prize money. But they've not spent well for a long time, and other teams have had to adapt to this.

Basically, if a team gets it right. There could be every chance of them doing something, if that means finishing 2nd or actually winning. Without the Champions League the OF will be weaker, we won't as we've never had it.

Or they'll just buy the players from all the other clubs instead. The Championship and lower end of the Premiership may offer another option now but, if Scottish football continues to slide, those clubs will be less inclined to take chances on players from a mickey-mouse league.

Guest Ash Cloud

He's just levelling the playing field at home before worrying about champions league football absolute visionary if you ask me !

He's just levelling the playing field at home before worrying about champions league football absolute visionary if you ask me !

Just good old fashioned schadenfreude

The coefficient is irrelevant. If the team's good enough it will qualify regardless.

What? Your argument from a Hearts point of view makes no sense.

We are never going to be good enough to win a European trophy, or even contend, but we can help the club build by continually getting to the group stages of tournaments like the Europa League. Our standing in the SPL gives us a legitimate chance of doing that year on year but we need help.

A worse co-efficient makes it harder to qualify from our own country, forcing us to play more rounds in order to get there (buggering up our pre-season in the process) and ensuring a lower seeding and higher chance of getting a team that will pap us out before we have seen the group stage.

"But it's ok, cos remember that time when all our rivals got pumped out by teams we don't remember in games we can barely recall. Yeah, that was funny eh?"

Hearts of Vladland

His first point about TV deals may be a bit naive but he's right on the other two.

Last season 5th place would have gotten into Europe. Why? Because our co-efficient was on a high thanks to Celtic getting to the last 16 of the champions league twice and Rangers getting to the final of the UEFA Cup.

And of course they have a greater chance of getting players injured or fatigued if they play more games. That's common sense surely?

Whether Celtic go through or not, I'm really not bothered in the slightest. What difference does it make to me? That team is never going to be good enough to make it far anyway, and there is very little money in the Europa League to make the club stronger, so let the baby have its bottle.

As for Motherwell and Dundee United, I have little against either team, and it'd be nice to see a Scottish club at least achieving respectability in Europe other than the two *****.

I will admit the improving TV deals was a bit far but if Scottish teams are doing well in Europe it will only increase the demand from other countries.

Or they'll just buy the players from all the other clubs instead. The Championship and lower end of the Premiership may offer another option now but, if Scottish football continues to slide, those clubs will be less inclined to take chances on players from a mickey-mouse league.

But non-OF teams can't increase their spending due to a little run in Europe because of the stranglehold we've all been under in order to feed the greed of Celtic and Rangers.

We would all be using those funds to go towards running costs and possibly maintain a modest level of spending.

I disagree with your other point about exporting our players. We have seen from a number of clubs that the lack of spending is starting to bear fruits in terms of youth player production. The numbers of players going to the EPL/Championship from the SPL right now is fairly low as it is, we're already seen as a mickey-mouse league.

Also the fact that it happens once in a while makes it funny.

Bratislava v Celtic

Kaunas v Rangers

Bohemians v Aberdeen

Vektra v Hibs

It's starting to happen every year now and the joke is wearing off.

If we won the league on the back of rangers and Celtic not investing in there side because of no champions league money. I would happily take it on the chin that we didn't qualify for the CL

I will admit the improving TV deals was a bit far but if Scottish teams are doing well in Europe it will only increase the demand from other countries.

Are you seriously suggesting that other countries are interested in the SPL? :lol:

Sky and ESPN show it abroad because they've been after the UK (aka Scotland) rights, and use it as filler material in other markets. When they buy SPL rights, there will be little or no premium attached for the right to show it abroad. The only leagues that matter are the EPL (by miles), La Liga and Serie A.

Let them buy players from other Scottish clubs we won't sell our best players to them as vlad has said

Looking at tonights odds a double of Utrecht not to lose and AEK to win looks value at 4/1.

Worth a punt i think.

Looking at tonights odds a double of Utrecht not to lose and AEK to win looks value at 4/1.

Worth a punt i think.

That is quite good actually.

Hearts of Vladland

Are you seriously suggesting that other countries are interested in the SPL? :lol:

Sky and ESPN show it abroad because they've been after the UK (aka Scotland) rights, and use it as filler material in other markets. When they buy SPL rights, there will be little or no premium attached for the right to show it abroad. The only leagues that matter are the EPL (by miles), La Liga and Serie A.

Yes if Scottish teams were doing well in europe other countries may want to watch it. If Barca and Real Madrid didn't do well in europe I doubt many people would watch of it or care about it.

Yes if Scottish teams were doing well in europe other countries may want to watch it.

God help us. :unsure:

Archived