Team For Hamilton

We_are_the_Hearts

Palazuelos does a good job closing down space, makes numerous interceptions, keeps possession by playing simple passes to people in better positions than he is (Which may sometimes be five yard square passes) He does not give away too many fouls in crucial areas. He is not great in the air and could sometimes play an earlier riskier pass but overall I feel compared to Black he gives us more than he costs us.

I agree totally with all of that (actually other than not good in the air, which I think he is actually pretty decent anyway).

The thing is though, he just doesn't provide anything. I want him to take control of games. You never particularly see Ruben getting the ball from another Hearts player. That might sound weird, but you don't. He never demands the ball from our fullbacks and centre halves. And when he does have it (iften cos he's done well to intercept), he'll play a nice easy pass off, which is great, but he never then goes and gets himself in aposition for the next pass, which a good midfielder does.

I think Stevo will do this all very well as he is physical but also has a good footballing brain in his head (I'm told1)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree totally with all of that (actually other than not good in the air, which I think he is actually pretty decent anyway).

The thing is though, he just doesn't provide anything. I want him to take control of games. You never particularly see Ruben getting the ball from another Hearts player. That might sound weird, but you don't. He never demands the ball from our fullbacks and centre halves. And when he does have it (iften cos he's done well to intercept), he'll play a nice easy pass off, which is great, but he never then goes and gets himself in aposition for the next pass, which a good midfielder does.

I think Stevo will do this all very well as he is physical but also has a good footballing brain in his head (I'm told1)

I mean not great in the air for a fairly tall player, don't actually totally disagree with the rest of your analysis either but as a stand in in the absence of arguably our first choice player he does an OK job.

Marooned In Oz

Palazuelos does a good job closing down space, makes numerous interceptions, keeps possession by playing simple passes to people in better positions than he is (Which may sometimes be five yard square passes) He does not give away too many fouls in crucial areas. He is not great in the air and could sometimes play an earlier riskier pass but overall I feel compared to Black he gives us more than he costs us.

Show me an occasion of these phantom interceptions. He can close down space? Wow. He's a ******* professional footballer. I want more than this in my central midfielders. He doesn't give fouls away because he doesn't put the boot in. He's the most over rated footballer I've ever seen in hearts' history.

If he's a defensive footballer, he can't defend. If he's box to box he doesn't have the engine. If he's an attacking midfielder (LOL) I have never seen him make a cutting pass or anything of note going forward.

He takes an age on the ball allowing the opposition to get back and cover all the time. The amount of times we could get a quick break up the park and this clown takes 7 seconds to think about what he's going to do, before passing it sideways is incredible. He gave the ball away constantly on the weekend and that's without even trying to create something, but just attempting to "keeping possession".

His name name should be Ruben "Hospital pass" Palezuelos. I despair, I really do. He's ******* gash

Can I ask why people are so scathing about Ian Black, but think that Palazuelos actually is worth sticking with?

He's so casual on the ball, can't tackle (For a supposed DM), passes rarely hit a hearts plater, plays umpteen hospital passes in front of our 18 yard box, and is constantly caught in possession (I counted at least 3 occasions last week where instead of playing a simple ball, he held on to it for another 3 seconds and lost it)

Ian Black might not be great, but I'd have him every day of the week ahead of Ruben.

The difference between Black and Ruben is that every time Black goes in for the ball he gives away a foul or looks capable of getting a red/yellow card every time he plays. We cant afford to give away fouls to a tall physical team like Hamilton. Not a huge fan of Ruben either but he far more composed than Black. :rolleyes: Apart from the once at Easter Road that is. :whistling:

...........Kello

J.Thomson Barr Zaliukas Wallace

Suso Mroweic Black Templeton

......C.Elliot Kyle

SUBS: Balogh, Bouzid, R.McGowan, Palazuelos, Kucharski, Novikovas, S.Elliott

It's essentially got to be a 4-4-2. I think that Elliot (14) done well against St.Johnstone and looked a bit more confidant than from what I remember so with a goal under his belt throw him out there with Kyle and lets try and increase that tally and get the two scoring together. If it doesn't work out after the Dundee Utd game a week on sunday change that to Stephen.

ANYWAY, my thinking is Mroweic has been in the preseason squads and is much more solid than Black is, given black a bit more freedom to do running. Palazuelos and Black looked equally as bad to me against St. Johnstone so I'd give that a shot first then try Pala 2nd half if it's no good. Hamilton will be their usually dense midfield so we need 3 midfielders to be nippy, quick and strong, I think that 4 of Suso and Temps on the wings and Black in the middle running a lot and Mroweic sitting in front of the back 4 may just be enough to seek out a few chances. Also Craig Thomson to me really didn't provide that many good crosses and corners at the weekend, which begs me to ask is he really suited for that role all the time and maybe not better suited to being an explosive right back springing out of defence at oppositions? Something to be looked at I think. Appart from that if Kyle is wanting to play, through him on from the off and let him loose. Desperate to score from the papers, and with Callum getting an opening day goal keep him on and lets see if we can go further tomorrow.

Hearts of Vladland

Marooned in OZ if you live in OZ how the hell can you rate a player on the games you watch on tv? Sorry if you have moved back or never lived there but I find it strange people rating players on the 5 or 6 games a season that are on Tv.

Does anybody know if Stephen Elliott trained today. Jefferies seemed to intimate in his HW interview that he would be considered for tomorrow if he trained this morning. ? <_<

Think it frees up Ruben a bit to spray some passes around. Don't think Ruben's as bad as some make out in an attacking sense. Can pick out a pass much better than Black anyway.

If he's not signed, I'd pick McGowan (totally forgot about him actually).

As long as Black isn't in the starting XI basically :D

I dont think Ruben could spray water out a hose let alone passes on the field. By the time he turns his body to get the ball on his left foot he only has time to pass the buck by getting rid and putting someone else in trouble. I just cant see where people come from with him, I just dont see what he gives us

Marooned in OZ if you live in OZ how the hell can you rate a player on the games you watch on tv? Sorry if you have moved back or never lived there but I find it strange people rating players on the 5 or 6 games a season that are on Tv.

Remember, this is JKB where normal rules of reality are suspended. :peepwall:

Ruben's key attribute is retaining possession for the team. His choice of passing is always the correct one, what's the point - when we are in control of a game - to just hoof a ball up the pitch where we have a 50% chance of gifting the ball back to them. Ruben will play the correct pass, not always the one the supporters want to see if it a ball back to the defenders or the keeper but at least we are still in control of the ball. We can't create opportunities without the ball and more importantly our opponents can't create opportunities when we have the ball.

winston churchill

Remember, this is JKB where normal rules of reality are suspended. :peepwall:

internet land.

arguing about players with punters who have never ever seen them play :lol: .

internet land.

I would be willing to lay odds that some of the posters scrambling for McGowan and j Stewart to play have seen little to nothing of them either

Harry Palmer

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Wallace

Temps

McGowan

Black

Pala

Kyle

Elliot

Could always swap Wallace and Pala to provide more attacking down the left if need be.

However, I think it'll be J Thomson at RB and Barr in CD. Suso at RM and Temps on the left. Or much the same as last week.

Hamilton are a huge side heightwise, so I expect JJ to shuffle his back four to get Bouzid in there. Craig Thomson had a poor match last week, so reckon he'll drop to the bench for this one.

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zali Wallace

Temps Black Rubens Suso

Kyle C Elliott

Hamilton are a huge side heightwise, so I expect JJ to shuffle his back four to get Bouzid in there. Craig Thomson had a poor match last week, so reckon he'll drop to the bench for this one.

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zali Wallace

Temps Black Rubens Suso

Kyle C Elliott

Swap suso with temps and that may well be how we line up

I will be interested to see what our defensive four is, if indeed it is a four.

Wallace and Zaliukas are givens, it is really a case of who plays central defence and right back. The options he has are the two Thomsons, Bouzid & Barr. I am fairly certain that our midfield will be Black, Mrowiec, Palazuelos and our front line will be Suso, Elliot, Templeton. Although a fully fit Novikovas could edge out Suso.

Personally my guess is.

Kello

J.Thomson, Bouzid, Zaliukas, Wallace

Black, Mrowiec, Palazuelos

Suso, Elliot, Templeton

Marooned In Oz

I was at the game. Sitting in Section G lower. Is it OK for me to have an opinion now?

Marooned In Oz

internet land.

I moved back early this year. Did you honestly think I would comment on his shite display and lack of passing ability if I wasn't at the game? It wasn't even broadcast on TV so how else could I watch it?

Show me an occasion of these phantom interceptions. He can close down space? Wow. He's a ******* professional footballer.

The comparison is with Black who does this less effectively, diving in more frequently and getting left out of position more frequently.

I want more than this in my central midfielders. Thus why I mentioned his better keeping of possession

He doesn't give fouls away because he doesn't put the boot in.

I think we can see why ie it avoids giving away stupid fouls in dangerous areas

He's the most over rated footballer I've ever seen in hearts' history. hmmmm

If he's a defensive footballer, he can't defend. I think he can and does

If he's box to box he doesn't have the engine. If he's an attacking midfielder (LOL) I have never seen him make a cutting pass or anything of note going forward.

He takes an age on the ball allowing the opposition to get back and cover all the time. The amount of times we could get a quick break up the park and this clown takes 7 seconds to think about what he's going to do, before passing it sideways is incredible. He gave the ball away constantly on the weekend and that's without even trying to create something, but just attempting to "keeping possession".

Earlier on I thought you counted three times, that might be a big number for you, for me it's not that big.

His name name should be Ruben "Hospital pass" Palezuelos. I despair, I really do. He's ******* gash A number of managers who might know just a bit more than you do seem to disagree. I am not a massive fan of his but it doesn't take a genius to see he has some qualities.

Marooned In Oz

I never said he gave the ball away three times, I said he was caught in possession three times. Read it again champ

Tommy Wiseau

Show me an occasion of these phantom interceptions. He can close down space? Wow. He's a ******* professional footballer. I want more than this in my central midfielders. He doesn't give fouls away because he doesn't put the boot in. He's the most over rated footballer I've ever seen in hearts' history.

If he's a defensive footballer, he can't defend. If he's box to box he doesn't have the engine. If he's an attacking midfielder (LOL) I have never seen him make a cutting pass or anything of note going forward.

His name name should be Ruben "Hospital pass" Palezuelos. I despair, I really do. He's ******* gash

Best post ever. Palazuelos is a pish midfielder because he doesn't have enough in his game. I've said this before a few times, but I'd love to see the stats, not for how often Ruben gives the ball away, but how often the man he passes to loses it. I'm willing to bet it's a high percentage - he always sells his man short or plays the wrong ball. Started really well on Saturday and then regressed into the half arsed guff he's consistently produced in central midfield for us. Should be back up left back for Wallace and nowhere near midfield imo.

Harry Palmer

Thommo has stolen my thunder there.... I thought Marooned was on about Palazuelos and I was correct. Hopefully, he and Black won't see much action this season.

Eggy and Stevenson at centre midfield please.

Thunderstruck

I have never seen him make a cutting pass or anything of note going forward.

Can we assume, therefore, that you never made it to Fester Road last year or that you bothered to watch the game on the box? That is just one example and, to jog your memory, his was the pass that led to our (Hearts) goal.

There was also the game where he deputised a left back and was outstanding.

Regular John

For all the probably fair criticism of Ruben, I think all round we have five incredibly limited CM's in Eggert, Ruben, Stevenson, Black and Mrowiec.

I had a feeling we might miss Stewart, it's clear to see we already are.

For all the probably fair criticism of Ruben, I think all round we have five incredibly limited CM's in Eggert, Ruben, Stevenson, Black and Mrowiec.

I had a feeling we might miss Stewart, it's clear to see we already are.

I would put him in the same bracket as the above,Stevenson for me could be the one that could prove me wrong.

I never said he gave the ball away three times, I said he was caught in possession three times. Read it again champ

I have read it again, you are right, I apologise. It appears that getting caught in possession once every half hour is constantly though.

Archived