Team For Hamilton

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

I would go:

Kello

Barr-Bouzid-Zaliukas-Wallace

C Thomson-Black-Palazuelos-Templeton

Kyle-Elliott

I do worry about our defence against pace though......last chance for Black and Pala!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Templeton Mulrooney J Stewart Novikovas

Kyle Elliott

Give a couple of youngsters a go rather than persist with black and pala.

rossthejambo

Kello

J Thomson Barr Zaliukas Wallace

Suso Palazuelos Black Templeton

C Elliot Kyle

In an ideal world there would be a replacement for Black but can't think of anyone, that isn't untried, to replace him with.

I'd go -

Kello

Suso Mrowiec Palazuelos Templeton

Kyle C.Elliot

Subs - Balogh, McGowan, C.Thomson, Novikovas, Mulrooney, S.Elliot, Toto,

Charlie-Brown

My guess is that the team won't be dramatically different from last saturdays given on-going suspension & fitness issues.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

I'd go -

Kello

Suso Mrowiec Palazuelos Templeton

Kyle C.Elliot

Subs - Balogh, McGowan, C.Thomson, Novikovas, Mulrooney, S.Elliot, Toto,

Are Stevenson and Eggy still suspended?

rossthejambo

Are Stevenson and Eggy still suspended?

Yep.

If Mrowiec is signed by Saturday then I'd put him instead of Black.

Kello

J Thomson Barr Zaliukas Wallace

Suso Palazuelos Black Templeton

C Elliot Kyle

In an ideal world there would be a replacement for Black but can't think of anyone, that isn't untried, to replace him with.

Yup thatl be right or bouzid in for j thomson and have him cb and barr rb and hopefully s.elliott instead of clum..... If he's fit

Can't understand the clamour to play Barr at Right Back when by all accounts all his best games for Falkirk were at Centre Back. He has also expressed a clear preference to play at Centre Back.

First time post, how exciting..

As i become more a more regular contributor, you'll realise something about me - I think Ian Black is so bad it's actually painful to watch him play football, I would put anybody in ahead of him.

Team:

Kello

J thomson

Barr

Zal

Wallace

Suso

McGowan

Pali

Temps

Kyle

C Elliot

Bench: Kello Bouzid C. Thomeson Black Mulrooney Novikovas S Elliott

Kello

J. Thomson - Barr - Zal - Wallace

Suso - Ruben - Black - Temps

Kyle - C. Elliot

First time post, how exciting..

As i become more a more regular contributor, you'll realise something about me - I think Ian Black is so bad it's actually painful to watch him play football, I would put anybody in ahead of him.

Team:

Kello

J thomson

Barr

Zal

Wallace

Suso

McGowan

Pali

Temps

Kyle

C Elliot

Bench: Kello Bouzid C. Thomeson Black Mulrooney Novikovas S Elliott

Not a bad shout actually

Balogh

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Wallace

McGowan

Suso

Palazuelos

Templeton

C. Elliot

Kyle

(4-1-3-2)

Subs: Kello,C.Thomson, S.Elliot, Black, Novikovas

Hearts of Vladland

Mine would be;

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zal Wallace

Temps Pal Black Novi

Kyle C.Elliot

Kello and Wallace goes without saying, Barr hasn't been tested at right back and Bouzid is meant to have improved at centre back, Zal is our captain so can't see him getting dropped. Temps was lively while on but faded but still deserves a start, Pal is the best holding midfielder available and is tidy on the ball, Black will probably start but I personally would rather a youngster to play there i.e J.Stewart was our top goal scorer in the U19 two season ago IIRC and that was from midfield. Novi when he came on was the same as Temps lively and got a good ball in to the box which Kyle knocked back across goal and S.Elliott just missed it, Kyle if his fitness is fine he will start and if S.Elliott has a hamstring problem it is better not to risk it and C.Elliot had a good game against St Johnstone so dropping him would be a little harsh.

Guest JamboRobbo

Can't understand the clamour to play Barr at Right Back when by all accounts all his best games for Falkirk were at Centre Back. He has also expressed a clear preference to play at Centre Back.

For me, it's mainly down to how poor Jason Thomson is/was, plus Barr not looking very comfortable at CH on Saturday. If he wants to play CH for HMFC, he needs to improve massively on how he played on Saturday. Really only giving him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first game. Could perhaps play Craig Thomson there instead.

Yep.

If Mrowiec is signed by Saturday then I'd put him instead of Black.

seems to offer even less than black in an attacking sense but i think your right worth a try.

Kello

Kyle Elliott

That team is horrendous. We'd be overrun playing with a midfield like that away from home.

rossthejambo

seems to offer even less than black in an attacking sense but i think your right worth a try.

Think it frees up Ruben a bit to spray some passes around. Don't think Ruben's as bad as some make out in an attacking sense. Can pick out a pass much better than Black anyway.

If he's not signed, I'd pick McGowan (totally forgot about him actually).

As long as Black isn't in the starting XI basically :D

Kello

J Thomson Barr Zal Wallace

Temps Pala Black* Novikovas

Kyle C Elliot

*shove mrowiec in instead of black if he`s signed and if we need to get a bit more adventurous later on sub him for mulrooney or even c thomson.

Think it could be several reasons -

Jason Thomson's gashness.

The likely return of Bouzid. We certainly missed his physicality and height if nothing else.

The hope that Barr just needs time to settle and as we are short at right back maybe he could fit in there.

Guest JamboRobbo

That team is horrendous. We'd be overrun playing with a midfield like that away from home.

I kind of agree just don't want to see Black or Palazuelos again after their "performance" on Saturday.

Maybe Mcgowan could play instead of Mulrooney.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Kello

Wallace

Zaliukas

Bouzid

Barr

Templeton

R.McGowan

Palazuelos

C.Thomson

Suso

Kyle

Bench: Balogh, J.Thomson, Mrowiec, Black, Novikovas, Elliott, Elliot.

(if we have Mrowiec in by then, also if Elliott is not fit enough and we have Toto, then he woluld be in his place on the bench)

Solid central midfield with Temps and Thomson trying to Hit loan front-man Kyle with crosses and Suso supporting him just behind trying to feed of scraps and work space to get teh ball to Kyle.

NB: This would not be my preference if we had a full strength team though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I kind of agree just don't want to see Black or Palazuelos again after their "performance" on Saturday.

I would be sheeting myself if i heard Black and palazuelos announced as our central midfield again too.

rossthejambo

For me, it's mainly down to how poor Jason Thomson is/was, plus Barr not looking very comfortable at CH on Saturday. If he wants to play CH for HMFC, he needs to improve massively on how he played on Saturday. Really only giving him the benefit of the doubt as it was his first game. Could perhaps play Craig Thomson there instead.

I think Barr should stay at centre half. The one thing we need is a solid, consistent central defensive partnership and I think it should be Barr and Zaliukas unless there are suspensions/injuries.

Chances are this will be Bouzid's last season here and I know Zal could be gone by Christmas but I'm thinking that the captaincy might hint that he'll be here for longer, hence my choice of Barr and Zaliukas.

Either of the Thomson's should be played at RB until we get another out and out RB or until Jonny Brown is ready for the first team.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think Barr should stay at centre half. The one thing we need is a solid, consistent central defensive partnership and I think it should be Barr and Zaliukas unless there are suspensions/injuries.

What did you think of Barr at CH on Saturday? For me, he was awful.

Chances are this will be Bouzid's last season here and I know Zal could be gone by Christmas but I'm thinking that the captaincy might hint that he'll be here for longer, hence my choice of Barr and Zaliukas.

Bouzid has a longer contract than Zal so I don't think that should come into it as far as dropping Bouzid cause he's out of contract at end of year....

Either of the Thomson's should be played at RB until we get another out and out RB or until Jonny Brown is ready for the first team.

Fine with CT, he is a footballer. Never want to see JT in a Hearts shirt again, he is not a footballer. IMO.

I thought Ryan McGowan played really well in centre mid against Millwall - I was surprised he wasn't involved on Saturday.

rossthejambo

A bit shaky but, to be expected on his competitive debut IMO. Give him another few games before pushing him somewhere else on the pitch, especially somewhere he feels less comfortable.

Bouzid has a longer contract than Zal so I don't think that should come into it as far as dropping Bouzid cause he's out of contract at end of year....

Fair enough.

Fine with CT, he is a footballer. Never want to see JT in a Hearts shirt again, he is not a footballer. IMO.

Disagree, I think JT's not too bad. He's not a must pick but I wouldn't be chucking myself off the bridges if I saw him on the team sheet most weeks.

mahgrassyshoes

Kello

Kyle Elliott

I like the chain of thinking, but it would be harsh to throw both youngsters in like that. I'd probably play one from each pairing; probably Mulrooney and Ruben to start. Mulrooney because he seemed eager to get forward during his fleeting appearances last year and he has a wee, tiny bit more experience. Would probably bring him off after 60-70 mins, depending on how the game is going, for Stewart to get him integrated and give him a wee taste of it.

I'd also be tempted to keep Barr and Zal in the centre and play C Thomson at RB as we shoud be doing a lot of attacking and him and wallace would be good at getting forward on either wing, but i think it would leave us very susceptible to the counter attack so would go with J Thomson Barr Zal Wallace.

Kello

Wallace

Zaliukas

Barr

C. Thomson

Suso

Palazuelos

McGowan

Novikovas

Templeton

Kyle

Don't think much of our right hand side and Barr's performance on Saturday didn't impress me much but I think he's worth another shot. I'd hope that Novi and Temps have a bit of freedom to roam and cause them problems with Suso getting up to support the attack. Thought McGowan did well in the little I saw of him pre-season and is worth a go instead of the nothingness Black brings to midfield.

tommythejambo

Kello

Barr Zaliukas Bouzid Wallace

C Thomson Palazuelos Black/Mrowiec Templeton

Kyle S. Elliott (if fit, if not Clum or THE TOTO (if signed))

Without Ian Black, we would be too light-weight in midfield IMO. Teams would just run us over, we need Black to play at least until Jonsson and/or Stevenson return from suspension.

I don't think Jason Thomson done too badly last week, yes he was beaten for pace in the lead up to the goal but you have to give a bit of credit to the St Johnstone player's acceleration and change of direction. I see him as another Robbie Neilson, he won't add much going forward but he's not an attacking player, he's a defender. For the record, I believe JT offers slightly more going forward than Robbie did.

My team would be;

Kello

JT Barr Zal Lee

?RM? Black Ruben ?LM?

Kyle CE

I don't know who will play on the wings, CT, Temps, Novi and Suso could all do a job in these positions, I suppose it all depends on what JJ's game-plan is. If Kyle plays, I imagine we'll be sending a lot of balls into the box, for that reason I'd play Templeton and C.Thomson left and right.

hearts188010.png

(sorry, got a bit carried away)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Without Ian Black, we would be too light-weight in midfield IMO. Teams would just run us over, we need Black to play at least until Jonsson and/or Stevenson return from suspension.

I don't think Jason Thomson done too badly last week, yes he was beaten for pace in the lead up to the goal but you have to give a bit of credit to the St Johnstone player's acceleration and change of direction. I see him as another Robbie Neilson, he won't add much going forward but he's not an attacking player, he's a defender. For the record, I believe JT offers slightly more going forward than Robbie did.

My team would be;

Kello

JT Barr Zal Lee

?RM? Black Ruben ?LM?

Kyle CE

I don't know who will play on the wings, CT, Temps, Novi and Suso could all do a job in these positions, I suppose it all depends on what JJ's game-plan is. If Kyle plays, I imagine we'll be sending a lot of balls into the box, for that reason I'd play Templeton and C.Thomson left and right.

hearts188010.png

We were too lightweight with Black in the team and we were just run over the top of. McGowan or Mrowiec (if he is available) would be a much better foil for Palazuelos, we would be stuffy and defensive through the middle but that would allow us to play two wingers and Suso sniffing about behind Kyle. IMO.

rossthejambo

My team would be;

Kello

JT Barr Zal Lee

?RM? Black Ruben ?LM?

Kyle CE

hearts188010.png

Disagree with the lightweight comment but top marks for the diagram :lol:

Rudi's Left Peg

Hate to be the guy with the different opinion here....but were any of you actually at the St J game?

Jason Thompson is not my first pick but he was one of the few hearts players to get pass marks.

Craig Thompson on the other hand was utter mince, his corners were really really poor, he looks like he's lost pace during the summer. Put him back to right back as he's not quick enough for right mid.

Hate to be the guy with the different opinion here....but were any of you actually at the St J game?

Jason Thompson is not my first pick but he was one of the few hearts players to get pass marks.

Craig Thompson on the other hand was utter mince, his corners were really really poor, he looks like he's lost pace during the summer. Put him back to right back as he's not quick enough for right mid.

i concur about craig but would add two points

1) it was the first game of the season but he tried to do too much and be too elaborate with some passes. resulting in nothing coming off for him on saturday, his confidence in tatters by the end.

2) he is not good enough defensively to play at right back in a 4-4-2 and if he made as many mistakes back there as he did on saturday he would be crucified.

play him from the bench for this game to take the pressure of a bit then shove him on from the start against elgin to build his confidence back up.

oh almost forgot JT is a nap to start at right back cos JJ doesn`t have any agendas and is not a part of the witch hunt against him :thumbsup:

Its a kickback trait. Once someone has made up their mind about a youngster they simply cannot have a decent game. I agree with you.

Anyway similar team to most people however I would actually play a midfield of suso templeton ruben novikovas. I honestly think hamilton are there for the taking, they are a pretty awful team.

Guest JamboRobbo

Yes, was there. For me JT offers nothing other than being happy to pile into a 50/50. A young Robbie Neilson without the long throw. And it was him who got skinned for the goal.

Agree he did little. He's shown often enough in the past that he has ability however.

Snake Plissken

Yep, Jason did okay whereas Craig wasn't at the races.

I wouldn't make massive changes to the team, I'd take Craig out and put Suso at RM and stick big Kyle on to give us some presence up front. I'm not a fan of Ruben but we're stuck with him just now, Black is limited but Ruben would be even more ineffectual without some protection so unless Mrowiec signs in time we'll go unchanged there.

I've never seen McGowan play so I really can't say if he should be in the starting XI or not.

My team would be

GK M Kello

RB J Thomson

CB D Barr

CB M Zaliukas

LB L Wallace

RM S Santana

CM I Black

CM R Palazuelos

LM D Templeton

ST C Elliot

ST K Kyle

Balogh, McGowan, Bouzid, Mulrooney, C Thomson, Novikovas, Elliott

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Wallace

Suso

Mulrooney/Black

Ruben

Templeton

S Elliot

Kyle

Snake Plissken

:lol::lol:

I could take him :ermm:

This man was attacked by Nade and lived to tell the tale.

I wouldn't underestimate him. :ninja:

Wyness_is_a_leg_end

My team would be:

Kello

C.Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

............Palazuelos

Templeton <-> Suso

.............C.Elliot

.........Kyle and Toto(if signed)

I believe striker isn't Calum's position, he could be a better attacking midfielder than a striker!

rossthejambo

This man was attacked by Nade and lived to tell the tale.

I wouldn't underestimate him. :ninja:

:unsure:

My team would be:

Kello

C.Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

............Palazuelos

Templeton <-> Suso

.............C.Elliot

.........Kyle and Toto(if signed)

I believe striker isn't Calum's position, he could be a better attacking midfielder than a striker!

I can see why you would think that but unfortunately you are wrong

Archived