Team For Hamilton

We_are_the_Hearts

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace

Suso Black Palazuelos Templeton

Kyle Elliot

Subs: Balogh, J Thomson, McGowan, C Thomson, Novikovas, Mulrooney (Mrowiec if he signs), Elliott

I think when Kyle came on at the weekend, he looked relatively fit so I would imagine Jefferies will start him and give him an hour or so then bring Elliott on. Suso and Templeton down the wings would give us a bit of pace and I would like to think that they would be able to get past the Hamilton full backs, hit the byline and get the balls into the box for Kyle. Elliot is a willing runner so hopefully he will be ready to pounce if Kyle was to knock the ball down.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't understand the clamour to play Barr at Right Back when by all accounts all his best games for Falkirk were at Centre Back. He has also expressed a clear preference to play at Centre Back.

Do not understand why he should play instead of Thomson when Thomson played better on Saturday.

rudi must stay

Kello

J Thomson

Zaliukas

Barr

Wallace

Suso

Black

Palazuelos

Templeton

Kyle

C. Elliot

didn't see anything special from Stephen Elliott tbh, and Calum Elliot didn't do much wrong last Saturday IMO.

KELLO

C, THOMPSON BARR ZALIUKAS WALLACE

SUSUO PALAZUELOS MULROONEY TEMPELTON

KYLE C ELLIOT

dont see the big fuss in starting with bouzid, dont really rate him IMO. Fancy seeing what Mulrooney has to offer....heard alot of good things about him.

Kello

C.Thomson

Barr

Zaliukas

Wallace

Templeton

McGowan

Stewart/Mulrooney/Mroweic

Novikovas

Kyle

Toto/Elliot/Elliott

There would be no room on the bench for Black/Suso/J.Thomson or Suso. I'd have Balogh, the four out of the options above that don't make the starting 11, D.Thomson and Bouzid.

Jambof3tornado

Lets hope big Kev can last another 90 minutes. He made such a difference with winning headers and actually putting them into useful areas.

winston churchill

just shows how poor our squad really is.

when the likes of silky suso and big bad bouzid are stick-on's to start :down:

Do not understand why he should play instead of Thomson when Thomson played better on Saturday.

Yes, I don't think that Jason Thomson or Calum Elliot are ever going to be great players - but on Saturday they were both significantly better than the players making their debuts - Barr and Elliott. Early days from those 2 signings and I hope that they both get a lot better but hard to say that they offered anything to suggest that they should immediately be first team regulars.

Spot on. If Suso starts, I can virtually guarantee I'll be in the Hamilton Railwaymens' Club by 12:15. :down:

Guest Ash Cloud

Thats true Quality is a bit thin on the ground in our first team Wallace and Kyle the only exceptions !

Tyrion Lannister

Thats true Quality is a bit thin on the ground in our first team Wallace and Kyle the only exceptions !

Templeton?

JamboSteven89

My team -

Kello

J.Thomson

Zaliukas

Barr

Wallace

Suso

Palazuelos

Black

Novikovas

Kyle

C.Elliott

Subs

Balogh

C.Thomson

McGowan

S.Elliott

Templeton

Mulrooney

Bouzid

Gregory House M.D.

I think Jason Thomson had a good game on saturday and doesn't deserve to be dropped whereas darren barr had a shocking day... ?Kello?J.thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Wallace?C.Thomson R.McGowan Palazuelos Templeton ?Kyle C.Elliot

We already have Big Zal so big bad Bouzid is a bit to similar.

I do like Silky Suso though. :lol: I think I'll use that from now on. :thumbsup:

Guest Ash Cloud

Templeton?

Good young lad but nowhere near the finished article we need players we can depend on week in week out Wallace and Kyle for me !

Gregory House M.D.
My team -

Kello

J.Thomson

Zaliukas

Barr

Wallace

Suso

Palazuelos

Black

Novikovas

Kyle

C.Elliott

Subs

Balogh

C.Thomson

McGowan

S.Elliott

Templeton

Mulrooney

Bouzid

Can i ask why you would drop Temps for Novikovas?

Can't understand the clamour to play Barr at Right Back when by all accounts all his best games for Falkirk were at Centre Back. He has also expressed a clear preference to play at Centre Back.

Honestly, Feck his preference. He's a young laddie lucky to have a chance at this club, never mind stating his "preference" where he plays.

From what Ive seen so far he's a pretty average centre back. If he's a better right back than either of the Thomsons, he needs to be playing there and Bouzid in the middle IMO.

Hearts of Vladland

Good young lad but nowhere near the finished article we need players we can depend on week in week out Wallace and Kyle for me !

He beats his man and can put in a good ball into the box and shoot if he cuts in, what else does he need as a winger? If you say consistency name one winger who is consistent? Some times games just don't allow wingers to play especially when your team don't play the ball to you.

Playing Craig Thomson at right-mid forces Suso to play out of position in the middle. To me that is a waste of two positions to shoehorn someone into the team who's only attribute is his delivery. Suso is ONLY effective IMO on the right wing.

I'd prefer Barr at right back to see what he's got there and Bouzid in the middle of the defence with Zal. Two occasional bombscares together but as it stands at the moment they are our best pairing at centre half.

Black is certainly on a shoogly nail and out of the team IMO as soon as Eggy and Stevenson are back but I dont see much choice but to lay him, or bring in a youngster such as Mulrooney or McGowan.. Palazuelos has done enough (just) to keep his place and the front men are any two from Elliot, Elliott and Kyle. C Elliot is a certain starter for me because he scored last week and cant be dropped (he didnt get dropped after months and months of not scoring so its unlikely he'll get dropped when he has scored)

So

Kello

Barr

zaliukas

Bouzid

Wallace

Suso

Palazuelos

Black

Templeton

C.Elliot

Kyle

Its very very short of muscle in the middle of the park so there might be one change there to give us a bit of dig, but I think that'll be the team on Saturday.

Guest Ash Cloud

He beats his man and can put in a good ball into the box and shoot if he cuts in, what else does he need as a winger? If you say consistency name one winger who is consistent? Some times games just don't allow wingers to play especially when your team don't play the ball to you.

Your spot on and hopefully this season is his for the taking the boy has ability in spades no doubts but when we,re playing shite like 6 out of 10 times we are we need someone to go the extra mile and you know what Temps has got it aswell so im going to add him to my original post now we have three players of decent quality with ryan stevenson an unknown quantity so far who MIGHT just make the grade im unconvinced about the rest tho ..

JamboRossi79

Without Ian Black, we would be too light-weight in midfield IMO. Teams would just run us over, we need Black to play at least until Jonsson and/or Stevenson return from suspension.

I don't think Jason Thomson done too badly last week, yes he was beaten for pace in the lead up to the goal but you have to give a bit of credit to the St Johnstone player's acceleration and change of direction. I see him as another Robbie Neilson, he won't add much going forward but he's not an attacking player, he's a defender. For the record, I believe JT offers slightly more going forward than Robbie did.

My team would be;

Kello

JT Barr Zal Lee

?RM? Black Ruben ?LM?

Kyle CE

I don't know who will play on the wings, CT, Temps, Novi and Suso could all do a job in these positions, I suppose it all depends on what JJ's game-plan is. If Kyle plays, I imagine we'll be sending a lot of balls into the box, for that reason I'd play Templeton and C.Thomson left and right.

hearts188010.png

(sorry, got a bit carried away)

chris-kamara-unbelievable-jeff-t-shirt.jpg

laugh.gif

Playing Craig Thomson at right-mid forces Suso to play out of position in the middle. To me that is a waste of two positions to shoehorn someone into the team who's only attribute is his delivery. Suso is ONLY effective IMO on the right wing.

I'd prefer Barr at right back to see what he's got there and Bouzid in the middle of the defence with Zal. Two occasional bombscares together but as it stands at the moment they are our best pairing at centre half.

Black is certainly on a shoogly nail and out of the team IMO as soon as Eggy and Stevenson are back but I dont see much choice but to lay him, or bring in a youngster such as Mulrooney or McGowan.. Palazuelos has done enough (just) to keep his place and the front men are any two from Elliot, Elliott and Kyle. C Elliot is a certain starter for me because he scored last week and cant be dropped (he didnt get dropped after months and months of not scoring so its unlikely he'll get dropped when he has scored)

So

Kello

Barr

zaliukas

Bouzid

Wallace

Suso

Palazuelos

Black

Templeton

C.Elliot

Kyle

Its very very short of muscle in the middle of the park so there might be one change there to give us a bit of dig, but I think that'll be the team on Saturday.

I think you've got the team spot on, I agree midfield is a worry for hamilton game given eggy and stevo are out I might replace black with c thomson. Hopefully Barr will slot in at right back and zali and bouzid can get a run of games together. C. Elliot deserves to start if he can hit a bit of form we'd have much need competiton up front I'd rest s.elliott totally until elgin game.

Gregory House M.D.

Ryan Giggs...

Johanes de Silentio

I think it'll be the same starting XI as last week - both Calum and Jason did ok, so it would be unfair to drop them.

S Elliott is struggling, and Kyle cannae be ready for a start yet.

Not sure that Novikovas is ready to for a run, so Craig T to continue.

Suso did ok too.

Changes for the nexr game, though, with Eggy & Stevo back. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

**** it i've changed my mind...

Kello

J.Thomson I.Bouzid M.Zaliukas L.Wallace

R.McGowan

D.Templeton A.Novikovas

P.Mulrooney

C.Elliot

K.Kyle

Subs: I.Black, R.Palazuelos, C.Thomson, D.Barr, Suso, J.Macdonald, J.Stewart.

Leave S.Elliott to fully recover. Stick on Black or Palazuelos at halftime. Give the youth a try for midfield it can't be worse than black & Palazuelos.

Saturday's Squard v Hamilton:

Kello; J. Thomson, Barr, Zaliukas, Wallace; C. Thomson, McGowan, Palazuelos, Templeton; Kyle, Elliot

Subs: MacDonald, Bouzid, Black, J. Stewart, Novikovas, Suso, S. Elliott

Hamilton's midfield is all about closing down the opponents and not giving them time on the ball. To have Palazuelos in there doing his usual 4 pirouettes before attempting a sh?tey 10 yard sideways pass is madness.

Get someone in there who can shift the ball quickly and won't get caught out.

Either that or lump it long to the big fella!

Tin hat time for me ???

Kello

C Thomson

Bouzid

Zal

Wallace

Barr

McGowan

Black

Pali

Kyle

C Elliot

Think we need someone like Black in middle of park - getting into tackles till Stevenson

gets back.

Tin hat time for me ???

Kello

C Thomson

Bouzid

Zal

Wallace

Barr

McGowan

Black

Pali

Kyle

C Elliot

Think we need someone like Black in middle of park - getting into tackles till Stevenson

gets back.

do you not think that is a wee bit too defensive for a game against hamilton. lacks width, creativity and will ultimately resort to the long ball up to kyle, against one of the tallest sides in the league. :down:

Tin hat time for me ???

Kello

C Thomson

Bouzid

Zal

Wallace

Barr

McGowan

Black

Pali

Kyle

C Elliot

gets back.

It's all very well having someone in the middle who can put tackles in but Black seems to give away needless fouls when he does put in a tackle. Not all the time mind but enough to give the opposition a set-piece which is what we don't want considering we are a bit weak when defending set-pieces and Hamilton also have a bit of height in their team. Mcgowan and pala in the middle for me.

Tin hat time for me ???

Kello

C Thomson

Bouzid

Zal

Wallace

Barr

McGowan

Black

Pali

Kyle

C Elliot

gets back.

At the moment, the biggest strength we have in our squad is width. You have just taken that out of the team entirely. If this is the team, I'll eat my hat. I'll shit in it first.

It's all very well having someone in the middle who can put tackles in but Black seems to give away needless fouls when he does put in a tackle. Not all the time mind but enough to give the opposition a set-piece which is what we don't want considering we are a bit weak when defending set-pieces and Hamilton also have a bit of height in their team. Mcgowan and pala in the middle for me.

Agree with you but Jefferies was happy with Blacks performance so Black will start.I think the only change will be Kyle for Suso,Thomson or Templeton.

At the moment, the biggest strength we have in our squad is width. You have just taken that out of the team entirely. If this is the team, I'll eat my hat. I'll shit in it first.

If there was one person on this forum i would to like see doing the above

is your good self - watch game tomorrow - we will shut up shop

ps lets all shit in it before you eat it :whistling:

do you not think that is a wee bit too defensive for a game against hamilton. lacks width, creativity and will ultimately resort to the long ball up to kyle, against one of the tallest sides in the league. :down:

Yeah - but what did we do in first home game of season - sweet fuxk all

so so looked forward to this season like most of my fellow Jambo's - but -

c-mon that was shocking - we were at TYNECASTLE - first game of season and we were shxt

next game we away from home we will defend - cause we cannot afford to lose -

as i said tin hat - but i am being honest - imo

Point taken Franko - but right now we do not have someone there - so should we surrender

middle of park - no chance - there are gonna be so many loose balls in that area we have

to take that chance - if you disagree - tell me who you think should do the job and what

team you put out - i'm only giving my opinion mate

Starting to think your good self knows nothing whatsoever bout football

lets talk bout width - when and if required push Barr back into a 3 man defence and push

Thomson and Wallace forward creating a 3 - 5 - 2 how wide you wanna play - hope you not a

football coach - Mr Lennon????? :whistling:

Starting to think your good self knows nothing whatsoever bout football

lets talk bout width - when and if required push Barr back into a 3 man defence and push

Thomson and Wallace forward creating a 3 - 5 - 2 how wide you wanna play - hope you not a

football coach - Mr Lennon????? :whistling:

Wow, Mr Defensive (in more ways than one). For a start, the way you wrote your team out didn't exactly make that 352 thing very clear.

Do you think Barr has enough football either in his head or his feet to play that role anyway? I'd think if anyone is going to play there and in the way you have it set out, it'll be Zal.

As for adapting to 352 and giving us width, I don't disagree with it as a formation. Infact I think having holding midfielders who let your fullbacks bomb on is a great thing. I just don't think that means we need to do it in the way you've set out. All you need in 442 is discipline from one midfielder and one fullback going at a time. We might play 3 in the centre of midfield and one winger, but I can't see us playing without any of Temps, Suso or Arvy as they are the only players who add a bit of spark to our play.

I also agree there will be lots of loose balls as that's what you get when you have big guys competing for headers. For that reason we need to be first to the second ball and having someone sitting infront of the defence makes complete sense. Black could do this but I worry he gives away so many fouls and we don't need to invite them to put balls in the box. Got to pish wi the coack you've got though, so it could be him.

Have I found a nemesis here, by the way? I'm the one person on here you want to see eat a shitey hat! Guid!

Team Id like given injuries and players available:

Kello

J thomson

Barr

Zal

Wallace

C Thompson

McGowan

Pali

Temps

Kyle

C Elliot

Team that will be chosen:

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zal

Wallace

Suso

Black

Pali

Templeton

Kyle

C Elliot

Marooned In Oz

Can I ask why people are so scathing about Ian Black, but think that Palazuelos actually is worth sticking with?

He's so casual on the ball, can't tackle (For a supposed DM), passes rarely hit a hearts plater, plays umpteen hospital passes in front of our 18 yard box, and is constantly caught in possession (I counted at least 3 occasions last week where instead of playing a simple ball, he held on to it for another 3 seconds and lost it)

Ian Black might not be great, but I'd have him every day of the week ahead of Ruben.

Marooned In Oz

Hamilton's midfield is all about closing down the opponents and not giving them time on the ball. To have Palazuelos in there doing his usual 4 pirouettes before attempting a sh?tey 10 yard sideways pass is madness.

Get someone in there who can shift the ball quickly and won't get caught out.

Either that or lump it long to the big fella!

Finally someone who sees the game as I do

My team would banjo yours im afraid.

McGowan and C Thomson shouldn't start.

Erroneous. You have one midfielder.

Honestly, Feck his preference. He's a young laddie lucky to have a chance at this club, never mind stating his "preference" where he plays.

From what Ive seen so far he's a pretty average centre back. If he's a better right back than either of the Thomsons, he needs to be playing there and Bouzid in the middle IMO.

There is no evidence to suggest he is. He would just be another centre half playing out of position

Can I ask why people are so scathing about Ian Black, but think that Palazuelos actually is worth sticking with?

He's so casual on the ball, can't tackle (For a supposed DM), passes rarely hit a hearts plater, plays umpteen hospital passes in front of our 18 yard box, and is constantly caught in possession (I counted at least 3 occasions last week where instead of playing a simple ball, he held on to it for another 3 seconds and lost it)

Ian Black might not be great, but I'd have him every day of the week ahead of Ruben.

I'm with you there. Pala looks elegant on the ball at times and I think it buys him some leeway from the fans. He's good in the air and is honest, but doesn't effect the game nearly enough.

Doesn't make Black a good player mind!!

We need to scrape through this game and get Eggy and Stevo in

Palazuelos does a good job closing down space, makes numerous interceptions, keeps possession by playing simple passes to people in better positions than he is (Which may sometimes be five yard square passes) He does not give away too many fouls in crucial areas. He is not great in the air and could sometimes play an earlier riskier pass but overall I feel compared to Black he gives us more than he costs us.

Archived