Andrew Driver To Be Highest Paid Hearts Player Ever?....

Walter Bishop

Charlie-Brown

Ok we should just tell the mods to shutdown kickback we can't have people venting their opinion can we. :teehee:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion now can you tell me why you suffer 'embarrassment' about something you have no involvement with, concern with or power to affect in any way?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you are entitled to your opinion now can you tell me why you suffer 'embarrassment' about something you have no involvement with, concern with or power to affect in any way?

You obviously see things differently so there is no point in me trying to explain.

rossthejambo

We were never offered ?3 million it was ?2.75m.

According to you. Your post further up the page was all rubbish, so what's to say that this isn't rubbish?

Either way if Driver gets fit and has a good season with some Scotland caps in the mix, we'd be looking at well more than 3million for him.

Vlad was quite right to turn it down.

Charlie-Brown

You obviously see things differently so there is no point in me trying to explain.

I just don't see why you would be embarrassed about some alleged happenings in private financial negotiations between Hearts and various clubs/players/agents ... do you get embarrassed when the local Tesco Manager gets an email from head office puting the price of milk up?

Frankenstein Jambo.

We were never offered ?3 million it was ?2.75m.

How very silly it was of me rounding it off to the nearest million. Next time I will be completly accurate.

Just for future reference, as you are Andy Drivers bum chum after all, did he not have add ons which would eventually see the fee rise to 4 million? Therefore the offer wasn't ?2.75m it was ?4m

Feel free to explain what else "created the siege mentality and aimed our moans outwards" means.

If we won't even admit our faults, IMO thats going to hinder us doing something about them.

Generally it means sticking together and not continually running to the kitchen drawer every time a half story breaks. It means getting behind our boys (even ones with limited ability) and not letting any possible press or SFA prejudice to derail us from supporting our team 100%.

Aiming our moans outwards means continually challenging the SFA and SPL to discontinue its longrunning destruction of our game by improving standards from the ground up and focussing their energy on the people of Scotland, seeing as they're in charge of our national sport.

It also means, getting right ripped in about Hibs, Rangers, Celtic et al and showing them they might outplay us at times (not Hibs obv!) but they'll never outdo us in the passion we show for our club.

It pretty much means not sitting on your hands moaning that you deserve more from "your" club but instead actually getting behind them and getting involved in an "our" club mentality.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

IBH,

Great post, I will be in Morroco on Sat night. If you do not wish to be violated by me at that time, then please stop posting common sense.

That is all. :D

The poster earlier talks about embarrassing. Embarrassing is not turning down a multi million pound offer for one of our best players.

Embarrassing is having to sell our better players to inferior spl clubs cos we need the money see Scott crabbe or Scott severin. There is nothing embarrassing about keeping your beSt assets in the side and allowing there value to grow

Ray Winstone

The poster earlier talks about embarrassing. Embarrassing is not turning down a multi million pound offer for one of our best players.

Embarrassing is having to sell our better players to inferior spl clubs cos we need the money see Scott crabbe or Scott severin. There is nothing embarrassing about keeping your beSt assets in the side and allowing there value to grow

That is hardly the best example.

Severin would not sign a new contract and tried to get a move to the EPL - it failed to materialise and he signed for Aberdeen.

That is hardly the best example.

Severin would not sign a new contract and tried to get a move to the EPL - it failed to materialise and he signed for Aberdeen.

Aye delete that one then was trying to add one to Scott crabbe to prove a point.

How very silly it was of me rounding it off to the nearest million. Next time I will be completly accurate.

Just for future reference, as you are Andy Drivers bum chum after all, did he not have add ons which would eventually see the fee rise to 4 million? Therefore the offer wasn't ?2.75m it was ?4m

How old are you? about 12. The difference between ?2.75m and ?3m is ?250k that is a lot of rounding up even to a millionaire (not that I'm a millionaire).

And wavydavy still goes on with this rubbish!

Ok Geoff do you want me to PM my posts to you for vetting just so that I can keep them up to your exceptional standard before I post.

I notice you don't make any comment about the question I was responding to did you think that was a good post then?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok Geoff do you want me to PM my posts to you for vetting just so that I can keep them up to your exceptional standard before I post.

I notice you don't make any comment about the question I was responding to did you think that was a good post then?

I didn't respond because your story is rubbish and has no credibility!

gorgie rd eh11

Generally it means sticking together and not continually running to the kitchen drawer every time a half story breaks. It means getting behind our boys (even ones with limited ability) and not letting any possible press or SFA prejudice to derail us from supporting our team 100%.

Aiming our moans outwards means continually challenging the SFA and SPL to discontinue its longrunning destruction of our game by improving standards from the ground up and focussing their energy on the people of Scotland, seeing as they're in charge of our national sport.

It also means, getting right ripped in about Hibs, Rangers, Celtic et al and showing them they might outplay us at times (not Hibs obv!) but they'll never outdo us in the passion we show for our club.

It pretty much means not sitting on your hands moaning that you deserve more from "your" club but instead actually getting behind them and getting involved in an "our" club mentality.

Great post :thumbsup:.

i'll say it again.

he'll knock back a new contract and walk out the door on a free.

He'll have a bit of a wait though because there is still a while to go on his contract is there not?

winston churchill

He'll have a bit of a wait though because there is still a while to go on his contract is there not?

in and out the treatment room and play the odd game.

simples.

gorgie rd eh11

You know all the details of his possible transfer to Burnley but don;t know how long his contract has to go. :blink:

jamboinglasgow

Exactly Frank. Such a Scottish thing that as soon as we have talent, we want to knock it down, subdue it for some reason. We take self-loathing to a whole new level. He's Scottish (kind of!) so can't be as good as all that. Andrew is a cracking player (not sure if he's quite Ozil! but then why not, given the right platform) and will prove it again soon, I'm sure.

Last season was a kick in the baws for him I'd expect. Pretty sure he'd have felt after the U21 tourny that last year was his big one. Didn't happen for him, so now we move on to this season. Footy fans are fickle and Hearts fans seem to want players who never ever make mistakes and who never ever get imjured.

Personally I'm happy to have him in a Hearts strip for as long as we can keep him and when he goes, I hope it's for top, top dollar. I'll let the club worry about the money though - I just want to see Andy and players of his quality playing for Hearts.

exactly. That article was interesting, I remember it at the time. Ok it is one persons opinon but each player is the best in their team. Andrew Driver was picked ahead of premier league players in: Joe Hart, Lee Cattermole, Nedum Onuoha, Richard Stearman, James Milner, Craig Gardner, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Mark Noble, Adam Johnson, Fabrice Muamba, Theo Walcott, Jack Rodwell, James Tolkins, Micah Richards, Michael Mancienne, Kiern Gibbs, Frazier Campbell and Danny Rose. Out of all those players and the person picks Andrew Driver. Now I am not saying he is better then James Milner or Adam Johnson but Andrew Driver could be a great player. But as you say because he is Scottish we beat him down. Its like John Fleck, yes the media over-hyped him to the match, but people almost overjoyed when he had his fall from grace at the age of 17. He will be a top player for Scotland once Walter Smith figures out he is an AMC/SS not a winger. Let us encourage our players. But in Scotland we dont like people rising up so we beat them down.

I am with you, I am pleased he is a jambo and I am sure he will come back from his recovery and show us what we were all missing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How do you know?

Because, there are two sources, yours and Andrew Driver's dad, with a conflicting story.

Now, which one would you believe?

Saying someone didn't do too bad is hardly a ringing endorsement of that players ability is it?

It's just a statement that on that particular game they "didn't do too bad", like Thomson and Elliot on Saturday, no-ones getting over excited about it but people are willing to accept that on that particular game, they played not too badly.

Would think it would explain itself really but there you go.

Maybe time to get realistic.

The team that Hearts will field in a few weeks time against the OF will have cost less to assemble (team and subs ) than one of the full backs of the opposition.

If the Jamtarts manage a result then the policy of VR will be totally vidicated.

Because, there are two sources, yours and Andrew Driver's dad, with a conflicting story.

Now, which one would you believe?

So what name does his Dad post under so I can read what he says?

You know all the details of his possible transfer to Burnley but don;t know how long his contract has to go. :blink:

I know when his contract is to, do you?

Archived