Andrew Driver To Be Highest Paid Hearts Player Ever?....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Taken from BBC gossip column.

"Hearts are in talks to make winger Andrew Driver the highest-paid player in the club's history". (Daily Mail)

Anyone read the Daily mail? Cant find a link online.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

Taken from BBC gossip column.

"Hearts are in talks to make winger Andrew Driver the highest-paid player in the club's history". (Daily Mail)

Anyone read the Daily mail? Cant find a link online.

Was Gordon the previous highest?

I am backing Hearts' Vlad's gamble on getting top dollar out of his transfer when he does eventually move on... i hope it goes the way of Gordon and not Goncalves... time will tell though I suppose.

I will now try and avoid this thread as long as possible and let certain other posters bleat on about selling him for a million pounds to a championship club or how his legs are made of glass... yawn... :rolleyes:

Highest paid player at the club, maybe. Highest ever? No chance whatsoever.

Suppose we offered Jose ?12/13K pw so maybe around that figure but even then, I highly doubt it.

He is based on games/hours played verus ? per week. Must be giving Bes and Pingol a run for their money in that stakes :blink:

Methinks exit for Andy Driver is not far off then. If the wages being bumped up is true, surely this is just part of the plan to get top dollar from Driver's next employer.

I really hope this is not true. As much as I rate Driver, I'd never want to be paying him (or anyone) circa 20k a week for a club like us. It totally flies in the face of trying to make the club sustainable (which is to be enforced by UEFA in the not too distant future if memory serves).

Whilst it may be a way of bumping up his sell on value (which I like), it is also pretty risky as what happens if no one bites and we are paying him ?1 mill+ a year!

The Mighty Thor

Maybe we should focus on actually getting Andy Driver fit enough to play in more than 15 games a season before we start throwing the dough around!

it may soon be necessary to get him tied down again in order to maintain his transfer value. the only way is surely to pay him so well that he's happy to stay and also include a 'trigger fee' clause in the contract so that he knows he'll get away as soon as the fee is offered. they're obviously still looking for upwards of ?5M for him.

fair enough if you can get it. that remains to be seen. exposure with scotland would help... as would exposure on the european stage with hearts. maybe vlad might like to think about how best to bring that about.

Bert Le Clos

Interesting one.

If it was to significantly increase his sell on value then we might end up making a good bit of money from it.

However, given the fact he hardly played last season if we can't sell him we might end up losing a good bit of money from it.

The other option is that this is of course in the Daily Mail and therefore could be a load of bollocks. Which is probably the most likely.

winston churchill

it may soon be necessary to get him tied down again in order to maintain his transfer value.

and what if/when he says shove -it.

The Old Tolbooth

We should have taken the offer on the table for him earlier this year, after all we're having to do without him anyway so it's not like he's going to be missed if he leaves now, but I certainly wouldn't be upping his wages to sit on a treatment table as the lad has a bit to prove yet, not ability wise, but fitness wise.

The Mighty Thor

IF true then there is the possibility some clubs have been making enquiries about him.

They have, some have even offered money. I mean proper offers and not the B.Anderson Chelsea offer 25 million plus Essien offers.

Big year for Driver this year. He's got to deliver on his obvious potential and more importantly he's got to play more games than he has in any year in his Hearts career thus far otherwise these 'big offers' will never materialise.

Charlie-Brown

They have, some have even offered money. I mean proper offers and not the B.Anderson Chelsea offer 25 million plus Essien offers.

Big year for Driver this year. He's got to deliver on his obvious potential and more importantly he's got to play more games than he has in any year in his Hearts career thus far otherwise these 'big offers' will never materialise.

Yes that's what I meant - genuine contact & enquiries about the player - Craig Gordon got his bumper contract and then was sold for the highest SPL transfer fee within about a year - of course Driver has to prove his form and fitness to realise a big money move.

I'd suggest it is paper talk.

If Andrew Driver is offered anything like the money we paid Craig Gordon then the club has not learned their financial lessons of the last few years. Five figure weekly sums for an injury prone lad?

Again, it's paper talk, if it aint it's madness.

heartsfc_fan

Perhaps we're looking to off-load him for ?9 Million in a few months :thumbsup:

If McLesbian can bog off to Russia for ?9.5 Million, then maybe Vlad is looking at that and thinking we could do the same. And before anyone starts, Driver (when on top form) is just as good as McGeady (without the diving :rolleyes:).

Guest JamboRobbo

een has a bit more of the daily mail story.

basically saying we're looking to extend his deal to 2013, with a deal worth about 12k a week. doesn't sound too unrealistic.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/The-Rumour-Mill-Wednesday39s-football.6480764.jp

Also Celtic in for Vladimir Weiss. I thought he was going to be our manager? :lol:

heartsfc_fan

Need to get Driver fit first before we start thinking about offering him more ??? :unsure:

Greedy_Jambo

Driver traveled to lithuania a few weeks back for talks with vlad about a new contract.

Talks didn't go well and he refused the contract.

Now, what usually happens when someone turns down a contract from vlad?

Is driver really still injured?

Makes me suspicious.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Driver traveled to lithuania a few weeks back for talks with vlad about a new contract.

Makes me suspicious.

No offence but i do not believe one single word of that post... Perhaps you could provide some evidence of any of this? :whistling:

Makes me suspicious.

conspiracy-theory.gif

Guest Bilel Mohsni

conspiracy-theory.gif

Actually this is all my fault... i said I was going to avoid this thread as long as I could so I did not get wound up by crepe like this... MOTHY-FAIL! :angry:

tommythejambo

This is just paper talk on what is probably a slow news day.

Even Hearts aren't daft enough to pay a winger (who albeit is good, but not worth silly money) anything like what Gordon (best goalie in the UK at the time) was on.

Frank!! Where are you Frank!?!??

Can we nip the injury prone shit in the bud please. The season before last, Driver played 30 league games (at the age of 20). Not bad for an injury prone player.

He's had AN injury which disrupted a whole season. Tendonitis is mingin and it does that. It does not make you injury PRONE.

Was David Busst injury prone cos he got that leg-break? Is Aaron Ramsey injury prone? No, but players do get injuries.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Frank!! Where are you Frank!?!??

Can we nip the injury prone shit in the bud please. The season before last, Driver played 30 league games (at the age of 20). Not bad for an injury prone player.

He's had AN injury which disrupted a whole season. Tendonitis is mingin and it does that. It does not make you injury PRONE.

Was David Busst injury prone cos he got that leg-break? Is Aaron Ramsey injury prone? No, but players do get injuries.

But... but... but... but... but... but.... but... but... but...

... He just is alright! Anyway his legs are made of glass and he will walk away using the Webster ruling...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!"

... He just is alright! Anyway his legs are made of glass and he will walk away using the Webster ruling...

Oh aye - another favourite of the recent rumours. Driver is planning on leaving using the Webster ruling. The Webster ruling which has been thrown out by FIFA and is no longer valid.

The Treasurer

No offence but i do not believe one single word of that post... Perhaps you could provide some evidence of any of this? :whistling:

You are right not to believe a word of this as it's complete BS.

If and/or when Andy Driver leaves it will be for the benefit of both club and player.

Oh aye - another favourite of the recent rumours. Driver is planning on leaving using the Webster ruling. The Webster ruling which has been thrown out by FIFA and is no longer valid.

i predict driver will re-appear mid september go on to have a cracking season banging in 10 goals and setting up many more and leave in the summer (or the summer after that) for 3.5 million plus.

this is a possibility that few jkb`ers have seemed to consider so just thoght i`d throw it in there.

i predict driver will re-appear mid september go on to have a cracking season banging in 10 goals and setting up many more and leave in the summer (or the summer after that) for 3.5 million plus.

this is a possibility that few jkb`ers have seemed to consider so just thoght i`d throw it in there.

Exactly how i see it happening, John. Hope so anyway!

Of course, he might get injured though. But then, so might Lee, or Temps, or Stevo, or Zal or any other professional, junior or amateur player in the country.

Guest JamboRobbo

How about Owen Hargreaves, someone who actually has a similar problem to Driver? How many years out is it now?

I hope to see Driver back playing regularly for Hearts very soon, but the numerous attempts at comebacks before breaking down again do not bode well.

championsleaguefan

He was in the Udder Belly last night spending his hard earned ????. Before anyone asks he looked sober but had obviously had a few beers.

How about Owen Hargreaves, someone who actually has a similar problem to Driver? How many years out is it now?

I hope to see Driver back playing regularly for Hearts very soon, but the numerous attempts at comebacks before breaking down again do not bode well.

Fair point, but you get grades of it and I doubt Andy's is as bad as Hargreaves'.

I think the club seemed to be pushing him back too early and just needed to write the season off for him.

but then I'm nae doctor - maybe he's goosed!

Do just think people seem to have written him off and there's even a tone of anger towards him in some peoples' posts which is just mental!

Snake Plissken

This is kickback.

If you say something often enough it becomes true.

Driver's injury prone

Kello can't kick

Suso is a Spanish waiter, lol

Nade is fat, mega lolz

Bouzid is a bombscare

While he had problems last season (understatement) we'll see how he gets on when he's not rushed back and hopefully that op he had in the summer will fix his problems. On his day he's a terrific player and a match winner. We missed him a lot last season and I really hope we get to see a lot more of him this season.

Guest JamboRobbo

Fair point, but you get grades of it and I doubt Andy's is as bad as Hargreaves'.

Agree, although I think none of us really know how bad it is.

I think the club seemed to be pushing him back too early and just needed to write the season off for him.

but then I'm nae doctor - maybe he's goosed!

Do just think people seem to have written him off and there's even a tone of anger towards him in some peoples' posts which is just mental!

No anger on my part. I think he's a great player and we really miss him. Has plenty of ability, and his attitude is spot on.

I reckon it's one of those injuries which they don't really know for sure whats causing it, hence they try things then see if he gets a reaction.

linkin- hearts

The Driver situation is possibly the strangest i've ever witnessed at Tynecastle, i really wish we could get to the bottom of it. The only reason i can possibly see for Hearts to turn down that ?3m bid earlier is the fact that they really feel he'll set the SPL alight this season and that he'll add another million or so to his transfer value. As previously stated by posters on other threads it's a dangerous strategy to try and employ but i really hope it works for us.:thumbsup:

Charlie-Brown

I will trust that those who are aware of the details and facts of Andrew Drivers fitness/injury condition & medical reports are better placed to make judgements and decisions about Andrew Drivers future than those who are unaware and ignorant of these details.

Greedy_Jambo

I'm not saying its 100% the truth. Its just rumours and newpaper stories but its enough to get me thinking.

I'm at work the now so need to get off this pronto! but if you know how to use google im sure you'll find out more about the whole driver/contract thing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm not saying its 100% the truth. Its just rumours and newpaper stories but its enough to get me thinking.

I'm at work the now so need to get off this pronto! but if you know how to use google im sure you'll find out more about the whole driver/contract thing.

that is just it though... you stated it all as fact, like that is what is definitely happening.

rossthejambo

I remember the story you're on about and if there were an ounce of truth in it, it would have been picked up by more than just the one paper (the Express I believe it was) and IIRC someone related to Driver came on here and refuted the claims.

Game. Set. Match. :thumbsup:

Agree, although I think none of us really know how bad it is.

No anger on my part. I think he's a great player and we really miss him. Has plenty of ability, and his attitude is spot on.

I reckon it's one of those injuries which they don't really know for sure whats causing it, hence they try things then see if he gets a reaction.

Didn't mean you, JR

He needs to prove his fitness before he get's a substantial wage increase. However I imagine if he was fit he'd be gone.

We've knocked back ?3m for him this summer apparently, so that says something.

If Andy Driver comes into the team and does well between September and the next transfer window, then I don't see it as a gamble to offer him a better contract. His talent and ability to move onto better things than the SPL have never been in doubt, it's just his fitness. A decent run in the team will shatter that myth.

Do The Dance

I wouldn't trust the reports that he'd be the highest paid ever. A fit again Driver would be a massive plus for our squad.

Guildford_Jambo

HE should be willing to accept a play as you play contract until he can prove his fitness!!! The amount of money he gets from Hearts for doing sweet FA!!

HE should be willing to accept a play as you play contract until he can prove his fitness!!! The amount of money he gets from Hearts for doing sweet FA!!

if you were injured at work and had a contract that stated you would be paid while you were injured would you then be willing to change that contract to one that said you only get paid when you are fit enough to work?

cos if you would i think you would represent a small minority.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

if you were injured at work and had a contract that stated you would be paid while you were injured would you then be willing to change that contract to one that said you only get paid when you are fit enough to work?

cos if you would i think you would represent a small minority.

racist!! :angry:

Sick of your minority bashing!

Archived