Andrew Driver To Be Highest Paid Hearts Player Ever?....

Walter Bishop

rossthejambo

HE should be willing to accept a play as you play contract until he can prove his fitness!!! The amount of money he gets from Hearts for doing sweet FA!!

Get a grip FFS.

He's had one season disrupted with Tendonitis, where he still managed to play a fair amount of games btw, and you're coming out with that?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

racist!! :angry:

Sick of your minority bashing!

:D now i`m away to take the sick pay clause out of my staff`s contracts and watch them happily sign their rights away. thanks guildford jambo :thumbsup:

donnie darko

It sounds like nonsense to me.

Andy Driver is already contracted until 2013!!!

Therefore, I cannot see any merit in simply multiplying the wages of a guy who's been mostly injured for the past 12 months.

Charlie-Brown

It sounds like nonsense to me.

Andy Driver is already contracted until 2013!!!

Therefore, I cannot see any merit in simply multiplying the wages of a guy who's been mostly injured for the past 12 months.

Craig Gordon was also still under contract when he got a bumper new deal, as long as the player's transfer market value is increasing at a higher rate than the cost of the additional wages then HMFC will profit - provided of course he can actually eventually be sold for a good transfer fee.

donnie darko

Craig Gordon was also still under contract when he got a bumper new deal, as long as the player's transfer market value is increasing at a higher rate than the cost of the additional wages then HMFC will profit - provided of course he can actually eventually be sold for a good transfer fee.

Sounds optimistic to me. No-one was willing to come up with ?3.5M this summer.

However, Lee Wallace has less than two years left on his contract and if he isn't gone by the end of the January window, it would certainly make sense to offer him this kind of deal.

Frank!! Where are you Frank!?!??

Can we nip the injury prone shit in the bud please. The season before last, Driver played 30 league games (at the age of 20). Not bad for an injury prone player.

He's had AN injury which disrupted a whole season. Tendonitis is mingin and it does that. It does not make you injury PRONE.

Was David Busst injury prone cos he got that leg-break? Is Aaron Ramsey injury prone? No, but players do get injuries.

It's a little ironic that you refer to one season as the norm but ignore anything prior that. Twice now I have posted his Hearts stats and shown that he played far less than other similar players who were considered injury prone at that age. I am afraid that this one, bad injury is just another to his this lad.

Frank!! Where are you Frank!?!??

Can we nip the injury prone shit in the bud please. The season before last, Driver played 30 league games (at the age of 20). Not bad for an injury prone player.

He's had AN injury which disrupted a whole season. Tendonitis is mingin and it does that. It does not make you injury PRONE.

Was David Busst injury prone cos he got that leg-break? Is Aaron Ramsey injury prone? No, but players do get injuries.

Sounds like good business to me :whistling:

However theres an aroma coming from the farmyard

Sounds like good business to me :whistling:

However theres an aroma coming from the farmyard

that'll be that then! Cheers fella. Here's to Andy back ripping apart the SPL asap (on whatever wage he's on!)

We've knocked back ?3m for him this summer apparently, so that says something.

If Andy Driver comes into the team and does well between September and the next transfer window, then I don't see it as a gamble to offer him a better contract. His talent and ability to move onto better things than the SPL have never been in doubt, it's just his fitness. A decent run in the team will shatter that myth.

Not true we had agreed a fee of ?2.75m with Burnley and at the last minute Vlad decided he wanted ?3m and Burnley said take a hike.

And before anybody starts saying where's the proof etc I am not going to divulge how I know this so some will believe and the usual cuplrits will defend Vlad to the hilt, believe what you will.

Jambof3tornado

Is Vlad just keen to tie Andy D up for a little bit longer in the hope that a good season and a few caps will see 3.5m upped to 4.5m??He is a young lad who had a tough time with injuries yet we had a very good bid for him,so why not assume that if he plays more this season we will get an even higher bid?If we keep him until xmas that will be fine with me(especially if he goes for 3.5m plus),unless of course by then he is our top scorer on 20 goals!!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

I seriously hope not, he is so over-rated it's scary!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not true we had agreed a fee of ?2.75m with Burnley and at the last minute Vlad decided he wanted ?3m and Burnley said take a hike.

And before anybody starts saying where's the proof etc I am not going to divulge how I know this so some will believe and the usual cuplrits will defend Vlad to the hilt, believe what you will.

So Driver's old man was lying on here?

OK.

KilbrideJambo

Ijuries multiple

going - staying

England - Scotland

Contract / wages

Wish he would get back to making the headlines for his on field performances again.

Hearts of Vladland

I seriously hope not, he is so over-rated it's scary!

Guessing you are a Hibs fan? Is it because he has tore you apart every time he has played yous? He has torned Celtic defensive to shreads in the past. If McGeady is worth 9 million Driver is worth at complete minimum 3 million.

If you are a Hearts fan and need a little reminder of Driver since it has been a while since he was been playing;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWt6PF4qKR0

Harry Palmer

Guessing you are a Hibs fan? Is it because he has tore you apart every time he has played yous? He has torned Celtic defensive to shreads in the past. If McGeady is worth 9 million Driver is worth at complete minimum 3 million.

If you are a Hearts fan and need a little reminder of Driver since it has been a while since he was been playing;

Excellent video, and one I've posted previously a long time ago when Twente were 'apparently' interested. This video is most likely from when he was under 21... He's been around for years.

Driver is an exciting player and has shown it on many occasions.

I'm sure he'll make the correct decision for his career and if he were to move it won't be to another Scottish club.

Hope to see you playing again Andy!

een has a bit more of the daily mail story.

basically saying we're looking to extend his deal to 2013, with a deal worth about 12k a week. doesn't sound too unrealistic.

http://sport.scotsma...ball.6480764.jp

Also Celtic in for Vladimir Weiss. I thought he was going to be our manager? :lol:

So if those numbers are right

Worst case scenario is that his career ends as soon as the ink is dry and Hrarts pay ?1.8m for nothing. Best case (financially) scenario he has a cracking season and goes for two or three times that sum having helped us qualify for Europe in the process

It's a gamble but if it were me I'd like those odds.

jamboinglasgow

I miss Driver, cant wait to see him back, not only for his football but he comes across as such a likeable chap who loves playing for Hearts. If he can get an injury free season he will show that he is one of the best players in the SPL.

Here are my top five Euro-starlets I saw in Sweden (anyone aged up to 23 years and 5 months is eligible for u21):

#1 - MARCUS BERG, 22, Groningen & Sweden The hottest shot of the tournament began with a hat-trick and ended with seven goals in four games. A class apart from his rivals with two deadly feet and immaculate off the ball running. What are the big clubs waiting for?

#2 - ZORAN TOSI?, 22, Man Utd & Serbia. Signed by Sir Alex in January, he has only made two cup appearances for the Red Devils so far but with his high-speed dribbling, free kicks and ability to play on both wings, expect to see more of this Serbian starlet in the EPL soon.

#3 - MESUT ?ZIL, 20, Werder Bremen & Germany. Germany's ace in the pack destroyed England in the final and with his speed and pinpoint vision has the potential to be his country's greatest attacking midfielder since Lothar Matthaus.

#4 - MARIO BALOTELLI, 18, Inter & Italy. Astonishingly good for his age, he will likely be one of Europe's most feared forwards across the next decade. Balotelli is fast, strong, difficult to mark and shoots with abandon. Looks dangerous whenever he is on the ball.

#5 - ANDREW DRIVER, 21, Hearts & England. Driver by name and by nature, the Hearts teen made his u21 debut against Germany in the group stage, but what a debut. A revelation on the right wing, unlike his first-choice colleagues, he caused no end of problems to the eventual winners with his penetrative surges.

(Article by Sean O Connor - No Short Corners June 30th 2009)

In the above company perhaps ?3.5m and/or ?12k /week look a bit understated

The Treasurer

I wish I had even a fraction of the private inside info on the running of our club that you have.

Charlie-Brown

I have no idea whether you are telling porkies or not however assuming your story is true - what a mad bad and dangerous owner Mr Romanov is wanting more money for one of our best players. :stuart:

Here are my top five Euro-starlets I saw in Sweden (anyone aged up to 23 years and 5 months is eligible for u21):

#1 - MARCUS BERG, 22, Groningen & Sweden The hottest shot of the tournament began with a hat-trick and ended with seven goals in four games. A class apart from his rivals with two deadly feet and immaculate off the ball running. What are the big clubs waiting for?

#2 - ZORAN TOSI?, 22, Man Utd & Serbia. Signed by Sir Alex in January, he has only made two cup appearances for the Red Devils so far but with his high-speed dribbling, free kicks and ability to play on both wings, expect to see more of this Serbian starlet in the EPL soon.

#3 - MESUT ?ZIL, 20, Werder Bremen & Germany. Germany's ace in the pack destroyed England in the final and with his speed and pinpoint vision has the potential to be his country's greatest attacking midfielder since Lothar Matthaus.

#4 - MARIO BALOTELLI, 18, Inter & Italy. Astonishingly good for his age, he will likely be one of Europe's most feared forwards across the next decade. Balotelli is fast, strong, difficult to mark and shoots with abandon. Looks dangerous whenever he is on the ball.

#5 - ANDREW DRIVER, 21, Hearts & England. Driver by name and by nature, the Hearts teen made his u21 debut against Germany in the group stage, but what a debut. A revelation on the right wing, unlike his first-choice colleagues, he caused no end of problems to the eventual winners with his penetrative surges.

(Article by Sean O Connor - No Short Corners June 30th 2009)

In the above company perhaps ?3.5m and/or ?12k /week look a bit understated

Exactly Frank. Such a Scottish thing that as soon as we have talent, we want to knock it down, subdue it for some reason. We take self-loathing to a whole new level. He's Scottish (kind of!) so can't be as good as all that. Andrew is a cracking player (not sure if he's quite Ozil! but then why not, given the right platform) and will prove it again soon, I'm sure.

Last season was a kick in the baws for him I'd expect. Pretty sure he'd have felt after the U21 tourny that last year was his big one. Didn't happen for him, so now we move on to this season. Footy fans are fickle and Hearts fans seem to want players who never ever make mistakes and who never ever get imjured.

Personally I'm happy to have him in a Hearts strip for as long as we can keep him and when he goes, I hope it's for top, top dollar. I'll let the club worry about the money though - I just want to see Andy and players of his quality playing for Hearts.

rossthejambo

Exactly Frank. Such a Scottish thing that as soon as we have talent, we want to knock it down, subdue it for some reason. We take self-loathing to a whole new level. He's Scottish (kind of!) so can't be as good as all that. Andrew is a cracking player (not sure if he's quite Ozil! but then why not, given the right platform) and will prove it again soon, I'm sure.

Last season was a kick in the baws for him I'd expect. Pretty sure he'd have felt after the U21 tourny that last year was his big one. Didn't happen for him, so now we move on to this season. Footy fans are fickle and Hearts fans seem to want players who never ever make mistakes and who never ever get imjured.

Personally I'm happy to have him in a Hearts strip for as long as we can keep him and when he goes, I hope it's for top, top dollar. I'll let the club worry about the money though - I just want to see Andy and players of his quality playing for Hearts.

Well said IBH. It's unbelievable how many Hearts fans on here are quick to stick the boot into our most promising player in years.

We're spoiled for decent youngsters IMO (Driver, Wallace, Jonsson, Templeton to name but a few never mind Gordon and Berra) and yet we still feel the need to have a dig at them on a regular basis. Beggars belief sometimes.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Well said IBH. It's unbelievable how many Hearts fans on here are quick to stick the boot into our most promising player in years.

We're spoiled for decent youngsters IMO (Driver, Wallace, Jonsson, Templeton to name but a few never mind Gordon and Berra) and yet we still feel the need to have a dig at them on a regular basis. Beggars belief sometimes.

Spot on guys, it is a strange habit but one that can be easily argued against when they start... Especially when they back up their pesh with lines like...

"... Well plenty of the guys around me in Section N think he is rubbish too... " or whatever the hell else they all collectively decide upon this season... :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Spot on guys, it is a strange habit but one that can be easily argued against when they start... Especially when they back up their pesh with lines like...

"... Well plenty of the guys around me in Section N think he is rubbish too... " or whatever the hell else they all collectively decide upon this season... :rolleyes:

Equally, it's frustrating when people refuse to admit that we do have players who aren't very good. Players like J Thomson or I Black - clearly they are not in the same league as guys like Driver or Wallace, yet if someone says it they'll get others arguing till their blue in the face that Thomson or Black "didn't do too bad, get off their backs, give them a chance" etc.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think all teams have a mix of class. I personaly think Jason does a job but think Black is a bit of a nightmare... However I am not about to quote the folk around me at the game as justification for my opinions, they may wrong but they are my own.

rossthejambo

Equally, it's frustrating when people refuse to admit that we do have players who aren't very good. Players like J Thomson or I Black - clearly they are not in the same league as guys like Driver or Wallace, yet if someone says it they'll get others arguing till their blue in the face that Thomson or Black "didn't do too bad, get off their backs, give them a chance" etc.

Saying someone didn't do too bad is hardly a ringing endorsement of that players ability is it?

It's just a statement that on that particular game they "didn't do too bad", like Thomson and Elliot on Saturday, no-ones getting over excited about it but people are willing to accept that on that particular game, they played not too badly.

Would think it would explain itself really but there you go.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Saying someone didn't do too bad is hardly a ringing endorsement of that players ability is it?

It's just a statement that on that particular game they "didn't do too bad", like Thomson and Elliot on Saturday, no-ones getting over excited about it but people are willing to accept that on that particular game, they played not too badly.

Would think it would explain itself really but there you go.

Indeed. And by the same rationale, our better players will still have bad games too.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed. And by the same rationale, our better players will still have bad games too.

And even when our poor players have poor games, you'll still get someone who says they were "excellent.

I have no idea whether you are telling porkies or not however assuming your story is true - what a mad bad and dangerous owner Mr Romanov is wanting more money for one of our best players. :stuart:

The point is that his mentality is that despite having already agreed a fee with Burnley he can't resist trying to get that bit extra which ruined the deal.

He has as track record of doing this sort of thing, he did it with Goncalves when he had a buyer and he also did it when trying to sign Stephen Hughes.

I find it emabarrasing conducting your bsuiness in this sort of way.

Ok everyone wants to get the best possible deal particularly nowadays with money being so tight but in my opinion once yu have agreed a fee or wage then you don't try and change it at the last minute to get more.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And even when our poor players have poor games, you'll still get someone who says they were "excellent.

It's called "opinion" - a radical concept.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The point is that his mentality is that despite having already agreed a fee with Burnley he can't resist trying to get that bit extra which ruined the deal.

He has as track record of doing this sort of thing, he did it with Goncalves when he had a buyer and he also did it when trying to sign Stephen Hughes.

Ok everyone wants to get the best possible deal particularly nowadays with money being so tight but in my opinion once yu have agreed a fee or wage then you don't try and change it at the last minute to get more.

You may not have noticed but Andy Driver's father has posted on this thread once or twice. Now, in the close season, he himself said Andy Driver was going nowhere.

Which one of you two should we believe?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You may not have noticed but Andy Driver's father has posted on this thread once or twice. Now, in the close season, he himself said Andy Driver was going nowhere.

Which one of you two should we believe?

WavyDavy has been added to my "bucket of salt and suspiciously Hobo-esque" list. :yucky:

Who was buying Goncalves? He was on loan to a German team with an agreed fee but they opted not to buy him. I know that Vlad is the devil incarnate to a lot of folk on JKB but are we really blaming him now for things that folk are making up?

I assume that the Stephen Hughes & Andy Driver are factually correct as well - or are they taken as gospel cos someone posted them here?

PS - I believe that Falkirk praised us in the press over the way we conducted the deal for Barr, and slated both Hibs & Aberdeen, or did that NOT happen?

Who was buying Goncalves? He was on loan to a German team with an agreed fee but they opted not to buy him. I know that Vlad is the devil incarnate to a lot of folk on JKB but are we really blaming him now for things that folk are making up?

I assume that the Stephen Hughes & Andy Driver are factually correct as well - or are they taken as gospel cos someone posted them here?

PS - I believe that Falkirk praised us in the press over the way we conducted the deal for Barr, and slated both Hibs & Aberdeen, or did that NOT happen?

We receive a lot of prasie actually, but it's swept under the carpet! Weird eh, usually fans sweep the bad news under, but we mull it over, exagerate it and then finally claim as gospel the distorted hearsay.

Anyway, I think we sometimes have to remember that all clubs fail to sign players, pull out of contract talks, price out offers and the likes, we just always assume that it's evil-doing when it's us.

Read thismorning that Killie have signed the lad Sissoko who spent the entire preseason with them as a trialist. He missed the 1st game as the papers didn't get through in time. Similar to what is happening with Mrowiec and Toto. WHAT A DISGRACE! Not saying that it's ideal, but contracts etc are more complex than you'd imagine and deals fall through all the time in football at the last minute.

People just like a bitch and a moan though. Just rather we created the siege mentality and aimed our moans outwards!

rossthejambo

Wrong on absolutely every single thing you've just posted.

Quite an embarrassing FAIL.

Guest JamboRobbo

People just like a bitch and a moan though. Just rather we created the siege mentality and aimed our moans outwards!

And I'd rather the opposite. Rather than blaming others, concentrate on doing everything in our control to be as good as we can be.

rossthejambo

And I'd rather the opposite. Rather than blaming others, concentrate on doing everything in our control to be as good as we can be.

Outstanding twisting of IBH's post JR.

How does moaning outwards = blaming others and why does moaning outwards stop us doing everything in our control to be as good as we can be?

Charlie-Brown

But it's not your money or my money so our opinion on the subject doesn't really matter how Romanov wants to conduct his financial negotiations - given his wealth i'd suggest he's probably done not too bad over the years with his strategy and of course some he will win and some he will lose but why would you personally be embarrassed about something that doesn't really concern you and you have no involvement with?

Worth remembering that Vlad did the same thing with Gordon (as mentioned on here) and that many scoffed when a price of ?9m was first mooted for him (I never thought we'd get that!) but that's what we got.

Worth also remembering that Driver is not actually injured at the moment - he is recovering from an elective surgery - a radical new surgery which is designed to prevent him suffering further thigh problems (which kept recurring last season) by removing scar tissue.

Thirdly its worth remembering that in a few months, Driver is likely to be a full Scottish International (without opening THAT can o worms!) and this is something which should further bump up his price.

I'm sure that all of this was in Vlad's mind when the offer was sanctioned.

Guest JamboRobbo

Outstanding twisting of IBH's post JR.

How does moaning outwards = blaming others

Feel free to explain what else "created the siege mentality and aimed our moans outwards" means.

and why does moaning outwards stop us doing everything in our control to be as good as we can be?

If we won't even admit our faults, IMO thats going to hinder us doing something about them.

You don't half talk some pish.

rossthejambo

Feel free to explain what else "created the siege mentality and aimed our moans outwards" means.

IMO it means to stick together rather than bitching amongst ourselves, but only IBH can tell you what he meant by it. I'm just giving my interpretation.

If we won't even admit our faults, IMO thats going to hinder us doing something about them.

Don't really think that was suggested either but bash on. :thumbsup:

I will trust that those who are aware of the details and facts of Andrew Drivers fitness/injury condition & medical reports are better placed to make judgements and decisions about Andrew Drivers future than those who are unaware and ignorant of these details.

I don't know the in's and out's of Driver's injury but I do know tendonitis isn't nice.

I got it in my right ankle and it was agony. I could hardly walk and was signed off work. :thumbsup:

It's okay now but I still get pain there. So it can be a long drawn out process to get better.

I can't wait to see Driver tearing defences apart soon. :)

WavyDavy has been added to my "bucket of salt and suspiciously Hobo-esque" list. :yucky:

You can add me to whatever you like but I am no Hibs fan.

The reason I am so critical of Romanov is that I want the best for Hearts and he really frustrates me the way he does things for example why could he not have given Csaba the strikers we so badly needed when we had a better midfield?

rossthejambo

The reason I am so critical of Romanov is that I want the best for Hearts and he really frustrates me the way he does things for example why could he not have given Csaba the strikers we so badly needed when we had a better midfield?

Because Csaba's choices for strikers were crap (McLean) /injury prone (McLeod) /out of our league (Nuno Gomes :lol: )

I trust this clarifies matters for you.

But it's not your money or my money so our opinion on the subject doesn't really matter how Romanov wants to conduct his financial negotiations - given his wealth i'd suggest he's probably done not too bad over the years with his strategy and of course some he will win and some he will lose but why would you personally be embarrassed about something that doesn't really concern you and you have no involvement with?

Ok we should just tell the mods to shutdown kickback we can't have people venting their opinion can we. :teehee:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yes by all means be critical of Romanov but do not turn every story, rumour and article about everything going on at Hearts into some made up nonsense about how each and everything we do is an attempted sabotage by him.

Andrew Driver's dad has refuted what you posted about him... that would be the time to put your hands up and say "Okay, i spun that one from rumours to fit my agenda and I have been busted" and then move onto the purely Vlad related stories that you can rip away at him to your hearts content about. just drop the Driver nonsense, it has been outed as a sham. :rolleyes:

Archived