U19's V Newcatle?

ianc1106

The Old Tolbooth

What a fantastic thread and it's great that we have so many promising youngsters in our ranks, lets hope they're good enough to make the break through before long :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

It was a very enjoyable game, Hearts made Newcastle look absolutely woeful. The only thing I could add to the match report would be the welcome sight of Kyle doing some jogging with a coach and Bouzid not showing any signs of having taken a nasty head knock only a few days ago.

I thought his fashion sense seemed to have been affected by his head knock. An absolutely digusting T-shirt and tracksuit combo!

Gok Wan out.

Also special mention to the Hearts right back

According to FF's team line-up it was Fraser Mullen.... only 16 I think.

Just back from the game, very impressed with holt, walker, smith and prychynenko. Toto was training with the first team squad up the hill. JJ came across to ask how the U19's were getting on so took the opportunity to ask how he jonathan was getting on... jims reply was that he thinks "he could be a bit of a diamond" and "he seems to come alive in the last third". He went on to add that he will probably be on the bench tomorow and he has asked the club to give him a years contract to see how he does. He also mentioned a bit about one of our signing targets but i think i better put that on the appropriate thread...

SCOTT WILSON, THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCca5mPMp9A

Jocular to be fair, don't really care about the music :)

Footballfirst

As a footnote to the U19 squad, I see that the player profiles have finally been updated on the official website :whistling:.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Squad/DevelopmentTeamDetail/0,,10289,00.html

Some observations about the content.

1. Scott Robinson is not listed, therefore must be assumed to be part of the 1st team squad, despite still being eligible to play U19s

2. We have signed another left sided midfielder in Deividas Kaputas from Kaunas. I've only seen a little of him play, but he will have strong competition to get a starting place.

3. Callum Patterson signed from Tynecaste FC during the close season, but is still only 15, so won't be joining us full time until the end of the year.

4. The squad is unbalanced with 2 keepers, 6 defenders, 12 midfielders and 3 strikers (one of whom is Jamie Walker who has been playing midfield of late)

As a footnote to the U19 squad, I see that the player profiles have finally been updated on the official website :whistling:.

http://www.heartsfc....,,10289,00.html

1. Scott Robinson is not listed, therefore must be assumed to be part of the 1st team squad, despite still being eligible to play U19s

2. We have signed another left sided midfielder in Deividas Kaputas from Kaunas. I've only seen a little of him play, but he will have strong competition to get a starting place.

3. Callum Patterson signed from Tynecaste FC during the close season, but is still only 15, so won't be joining us full time until the end of the year.

4. The squad is unbalanced with 2 keepers, 6 defenders, 12 midfielders and 3 strikers (one of whom is Jamie Walker who has been playing midfield of late)

On a related note, it seems that Basso and Beslija are finally not in our "reserves". Hearts website FINALLY catching up. :thumbsup:

Which is sensible.

The hype surrounding those 2 in particular was ridiculous. It was mostly from people on here who hadn't even heard of these lads never mind seen them play,

I think you'll find it was the club, mate.

Clerry Jambo

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/Squad/DevelopmentTeamDetail/0,,10289,00.html

Any decent attacking midfielders in that 12 FF :rolleyes:

JamboRossi79

http://www.heartsfc....,,10289,00.html

I'll update the wiki if you like mate, since you have done more than your fair share with reports etc

Footballfirst

I'll update the wiki if you like mate, since you have done more than your fair share with reports etc

Feel free to do the Wiki. I also believe that the Dylan McGowan loan to Cowdenbeath fell through after he was called up to a training camp with Australia's U20 side.

Of the midfielders, Walker, Holt, Smith, Robinson, Morton, Stewart, Tobin and Patterson are all forward thinking players.

JamboRossi79

Feel free to do the Wiki. I also believe that the Dylan McGowan loan to Cowdenbeath fell through after he was called up to a training camp with Australia's U20 side.

Of the midfielders, Walker, Holt, Smith, Robinson, Morton, Stewart, Tobin and Patterson are all forward thinking players.

I have done the updates now, also did you notice that Conrad is away on loan til January to Partick announced on the Official site under kick off time changed.

Johanes de Silentio

Anyone else think that Tobin should change his name? :ninja:

Hearts of Vladland

And we wonder why we aren't getting any good strikers through the ranks. blink.gif

marshallschunkychicken

Anyone else think that Tobin should change his name? :ninja:

We had Neilson for long enough.

HANS ESKILSON

that was a great result hope the boys keep it up for the season ahead ... thats 2 years on the trot theyve turned over newcastle..

Archived