U19's V Newcatle?

ianc1106

Read somewhere that the U19's were playing newcastle at riccarton this morning at 11am, but not seen anything more about it since... Is the game still going ahead?

Drylaw Hearts

3-1 to Hearts 10 mins into second half a young team with no trialists I think

Which would indicate that Mr Toto will be on the bench tomorrow.

Charlie-Brown

Newcastle's Academy team is an U-18 team they also played Rangers & Hibs U19 teams earlier this week I believe?

Had to leave 15 mins into second half but was impressed with a few no 6 -big strong Lad in centre mid Dennis was his name good on the ball sprayed passes about took all free kicks scored one and seemed to control pace of game along with no 7 Jamie walker I was told only 17 who scored a great goal beat two men and smashed shot into top corner. No 6 could be one to watch for next season.Other performance of note was Rob Ogleby centre forward who may have had an off day but touch was awful and constantly ballooned ball over bar,hopefully proved after I left...overall very good to watch and all seemed to want to pass ball through midfield ,looking good for the future.....

Charlie-Brown

Had to leave 15 mins into second half but was impressed with a few no 6 -big strong Lad in centre mid Dennis was his name good on the ball sprayed passes about took all free kicks scored one and seemed to control pace of game along with no 7 Jamie walker I was told only 17 who scored a great goal beat two men and smashed shot into top corner. No 6 could be one to watch for next season.Other performance of note was Rob Ogleby centre forward who may have had an off day but touch was awful and constantly ballooned ball over bar,hopefully proved after I left...overall very good to watch and all seemed to want to pass ball through midfield ,looking good for the future.....

That's the Ukranian kid Prychynenko? who i think has a dual Ukranian/German passport - seems to get good reports from FF & JiG also a player with decent height and build compared to our other smaller kids like templeton, novikovas, c.thomson, d.thomson, j.stewart, j.holt etc.

Adi Dassler

I remember once in the early 90's Hearts were due to play Newcastle in a 'closed door game'.

Me and my mate duly climbed the wall at the Gorgie Road end on the appointed date only to find out an hour and a half later from a groundsman the game was in Durham.

Footballfirst

Another terrific performance from the U19s as they thumped Newcastle 6-1, going on 10.

Darren Murray fielded his strongest lineup

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton Trialist (Kevin?)

Walker Robinson (Snapkauskas) Prychynenko (Kane) Holt D Smith

Ogleby (Morton)

Newcastle could have taken the lead in the first minute after their striker found himself with a clear opening at the edge of the box but his shot was weak and easily saved by Fairley. However within a minute Hearts could have had two goals themselves as Hamilton headed a Mullen corner goalwards for their keeper to make a great save down to his left. From the resultant corner McCormack headed against the bar again from Mullen's cross.

Fairley then made a good save low to his right before, Hamilton had another header from a Mullen corner cleared off the line. Hearts continued to press and McCormack had a header cleared of the line, yet again from a Mullen corner.

After 35m Hearts went ahead through Ogleby who was played in by Jason Holt after running at the defence with pace. The lead was short lived howver as McCormack conceded a needless free kick outside the box which was deflected away for a corner. The corner was flicked on at the near post and the Necastle no. 10 reacted quickest to thump the ball home from 6 yards.

It was 1-1 at half time and I'm sure that Hearts felt that they should have been ahead as they had a raft of shots from free kicks and open play that missed the target by verying degrees.

Five minutes into the 2nd period saw Hearts regain the lead from a Prychynenko free kinck from 25 yards. It was probably his worst strike of the day but the keeper misjudged his dive as the ball bounced over him.

Hearts really started to dominate possession, terrritory and chances after the 2nd goal. Ten minutes into the half Jamie Walker scored ghis first of the season with a dribble and shot from the edge of the box. Prychynenko then hit the bar with a shot from outside the area, as the chances became more frequent.

The fourth goal came from a rasping angled drive from Ogleby as Jamie Walker cleverly created space for the big striker. Four became five when Jason Holt scored with 15 mins to go with a rocket shot from the edge of the box that was applauded by the 1st team who stooped to watch after a training session. Hearts then introduced their sub and soon after Jordan Morton cracked a left foot drive off the bar. A sixth goal fowwed with 5 mins to go when a great Mullen cross from Jamie Walker unmarked 8 yards out and he headed home easily.

Overall a great game to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing this team play throughout the season. Their teamwork, passing, movement and pace is a joy to watch.

Footballfirst

Newcastle's Academy team is an U-18 team they also played Rangers & Hibs U19 teams earlier this week I believe?

The EPL academy sides are U18, then again Hearts started with five U18s on the pitch themselves.

Chad Sexington

Another terrific performance from the U19s as they thumped Newcastle 6-1, going on 10.

Fairley

Ogleby (Morton)

Newcastle could have taken the lead in the first minute after their striker found himself with a clear opening at the edge of the box but his shot was weak and easily saved by Fairley. However within a minute Hearts could have had two goals themselves as Hamilton headed a Mullen corner goalwards for their keeper to make a great save down to his left. From the resultant corner McCormack headed against the bar again from Mullen's cross.

Fairley then made a good save low to his right before, Hamilton had another header from a Mullen corner cleared off the line. Hearts continued to press and McCormack had a header cleared of the line, yet again from a Mullen corner.

After 35m Hearts went ahead through Ogleby who was played in by Jason Holt after running at the defence with pace. The lead was short lived howver as McCormack conceded a needless free kick outside the box which was deflected away for a corner. The corner was flicked on at the near post and the Necastle no. 10 reacted quickest to thump the ball home from 6 yards.

It was 1-1 at half time and I'm sure that Hearts felt that they should have been ahead as they had a raft of shots from free kicks and open play that missed the target by verying degrees.

Five minutes into the 2nd period saw Hearts regain the lead from a Prychynenko free kinck from 25 yards. It was probably his worst strike of the day but the keeper misjudged his dive as the ball bounced over him.

Hearts really started to dominate possession, terrritory and chances after the 2nd goal. Ten minutes into the half Jamie Walker scored ghis first of the season with a dribble and shot from the edge of the box. Prychynenko then hit the bar with a shot from outside the area, as the chances became more frequent.

The fourth goal came from a rasping angled drive from Ogleby as Jamie Walker cleverly created space for the big striker. Four became five when Jason Holt scored with 15 mins to go with a rocket shot from the edge of the box that was applauded by the 1st team who stooped to watch after a training session. Hearts then introduced their sub and soon after Jordan Morton cracked a left foot drive off the bar. A sixth goal fowwed with 5 mins to go when a great Mullen cross from Jamie Walker unmarked 8 yards out and he headed home easily.

Overall a great game to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing this team play throughout the season. Their teamwork, passing, movement and pace is a joy to watch.

Cheers, FF. :thumbsup:

Very pleasant reading. ;)

Footballfirst

Kevin McHattie was the left back, was at Dunfermline last season.

Thank's for the info, I had just worked out who he was after I was told at the game that he was from Dunfermline, but I couldn't remember his second name. Kevin played alongside Mullen Smith and Walker in the Scotland U17s last season.

FF I was maybe a bit harsh on the centre forward as you posted . The fourth goal came from a rasping angled drive from Ogleby as Jamie Walker cleverly created space for the big striker....What's your overall assessment of him as you've probably watched him a few times...

rossthejambo

Fairley

Ogleby (Morton)

Thanks for the report FF.

Toto and Danny Thomson not playing, would that suggest a chance for the two of them on the bench tomorrow do you reckon or has Danny got an injury of some sort.

Sydney Devine

Agree with FF's summary of the game. I thought Walker and Prychynenko looked very good and the link up play/passing in midfield between them 2 plus Robinson was exceptional at times.

First time I have really noticed Walker. Good touch and has pace. What are your thoughts on him FF?

P.S. The Toto bloke was training with the first team, but not sure if this means he will be in the squad for tomorrow?

Thanks for the report FF.

Toto and Danny Thomson not playing, would that suggest a chance for the two of them on the bench tomorrow do you reckon or has Danny got an injury of some sort.

Just back from the game, very impressed with holt, walker, smith and prychynenko. Toto was training with the first team squad up the hill. JJ came across to ask how the U19's were getting on so took the opportunity to ask how he jonathan was getting on... jims reply was that he thinks "he could be a bit of a diamond" and "he seems to come alive in the last third". He went on to add that he will probably be on the bench tomorow and he has asked the club to give him a years contract to see how he does. He also mentioned a bit about one of our signing targets but i think i better put that on the appropriate thread...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Just back from the game, very impressed with holt, walker, smith and prychynenko. Toto was training with the first team squad up the hill. JJ came across to ask how the U19's were getting on so took the opportunity to ask how he jonathan was getting on... jims reply was that he thinks "he could be a bit of a diamond" and "he seems to come alive in the last third". He went on to add that he will probably be on the bench tomorow and he has asked the club to give him a years contract to see how he does. He also mentioned a bit about one of our signing targets but i think i better put that on the appropriate thread...

Wow!

Cheers for the info bud!

Drylaw Hearts

What we've been missing for a long time.

would you hurry up and post on the appropriate thread :thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan

Oh yes! :thumbsup:

Do The Dance

So this Ogleby guy has been signed then? When did that happen (was it ever confirmed by Hearts)?

Charlie-Brown

Where has Fairley the goalie come from FF? I thought Jack Hamilton might have been the u19 goalie this year although he is still very young however when we signed him both U17 goalies Shaun Thomson and Stephen Hay seemed to drop out of the picture. i think S.Thomson is now at Motherwell?

Oh yes! :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention that he also said he expects Holt to be making the step up pretty soon and that prychynenko is "a very good player"

Ryan Gosling

Connor Fairley was signed from Celtic. The U19s were magnificent today and gave Newcastle a footballing lesson. Standouts were Walker, Ogleby, Holt, Robinson and Prychynenko.

On the contrary to other opinions, I thought Ogleby led the line brilliantly as a lone striker, he showed great strength and pace throughout and scored a great goal.

Walker and Holt will go far.

rossthejambo

Forgot to mention that he also said he expects Holt to be making the step up pretty soon and that prychynenko is "a very good player"

It would appear that the future is bright, despite what some posters on here would have you believe.

Good to hear that JJ is taking a keen interest in the u19's games, unlike his predecessor :rolleyes:

So this Ogleby guy has been signed then? When did that happen (was it ever confirmed by Hearts)?

I've noticed that we've moved away from announcing youth signings, probaby don't want to put undue pressure as per Branny/Copil

Footballfirst

Where has Fairley the goalie come from FF? I thought Jack Hamilton might have been the u19 goalie this year although he is still very young however when we signed him both U17 goalies Shaun Thomson and Stephen Hay seemed to drop out of the picture. i think S.Thomson is now at Motherwell?

As Kick-Ass said we got him from Celtic. I think we needed a bit more experience for the U19s that Jack doesn't have as yet. Jack is still eligible to play U17 this season, so I think it's a fair decision.

Drylaw Hearts

I've noticed that we've moved away from announcing youth signings, probaby don't want to put undue pressure as per Branny/Copil

Which is sensible.

The hype surrounding those 2 in particular was ridiculous. It was mostly from people on here who hadn't even heard of these lads never mind seen them play,

Charlie-Brown

Which is sensible.

The hype surrounding those 2 in particular was ridiculous. It was mostly from people on here who hadn't even heard of these lads never mind seen them play,

Both Copil & Kostadinov were Celtic targets before they signed for Hearts and it was actually the Daily Record that had colour features bigging up the kids comparing them Stoichkov & Hagi etc when it looked like they were parkhead bound. Copil had a 2 page spread entitled 'From Povery to Paradise!' ... later when they actually signed for Hearts there was a small paragraph tucked away announcing the deals.

I remember once in the early 90's Hearts were due to play Newcastle in a 'closed door game'.

Me and my mate duly climbed the wall at the Gorgie Road end on the appointed date only to find out an hour and a half later from a groundsman the game was in Durham.

Lmao dont know why but got a picture in my head of fat boab and oor wullie.

Patrick Bateman

It was a very enjoyable game, Hearts made Newcastle look absolutely woeful. The only thing I could add to the match report would be the welcome sight of Kyle doing some jogging with a coach and Bouzid not showing any signs of having taken a nasty head knock only a few days ago.

Ryan Gosling

It was a very enjoyable game, Hearts made Newcastle look absolutely woeful. The only thing I could add to the match report would be the welcome sight of Kyle doing some jogging with a coach and Bouzid not showing any signs of having taken a nasty head knock only a few days ago.

And some great anti-Hibs chat from the young lads.

:woot:

Patrick Bateman

go on smile.gif

One of them said "Come on the Hibees" in an accent so deliberately camp that Dale Winton would cringe, and another just followed up with a hearty (no pun intended) "Well done Maribor!"

Suffice to say; the youths are well coached :thumbsup:

One of them said "Come on the Hibees" in an accent so deliberately camp that Dale Winton would cringe, and another just followed up with a hearty (no pun intended) "Well done Maribor!"

could you imagine the reaction from locke if they weren't

thumbsup.gif

Cardiac Rucksack

Good to hear our youths hate the tramps, just shows that they will be well up for continuing out fine tradition of pumping the minks every chance we get. :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

Watched the entire game today and I was very impressed with what I saw. It was the first time I had watched the U-19's so I'm not sure how the standard of opposition compared with the teams they usually play but Hearts dominated them both physically and technically.

I didn't see a poor performance from any of the Hearts players. I won't go into details as the "match report" earlier in the thread was pretty much bang on but I'd also like to mention both centre halfs for Hearts who looked extremely comfortable on the ball and were happy to carry/pass the ball out of defence rather than just blooter it up the park.

Also special mention to the Hearts right back who got up and down his flank all day and caused Newcastle real trouble even when he didn't have the ball as the left back and left mid seemed clueless as to who should pick him up. This left huge spaces for other players around him.

I was hugely impressed with the performance, some of Hearts inter-play was top drawer. Lots of lovely little passes in the middle to create the space out wide. The future is bright (at least based on today's game!)

Bert Le Clos

And some great anti-Hibs chat from the young lads.

:woot:

Don't know if anyone heard this but the Newcastle #8 was giving the ref pelters at one point when they were 5-1 down after a Hearts player kicked the ball away after it had gone out the park.

He told the ref he was being bullied, to which the ref replied "I'm not the one being bullied son!"

Archived