Was Jj Conned Into Coming Back?

DavieG

With Vlad and Serge still seemingly having a big say in who we sign, does anyone else get the feeling JJ was conned into coming back with promises of full control of signings and team affairs etc? This doesn't appear to be happening.

I sincerely hope that he didn't let his heart rule his head when coming back, but there has been little improvement in the attitude of the squad as a whole since he returned.

He needs to be able to have a major clear out, the usual suspects apply, to free up wages etc., instead of being asked to build a decent team with the dross he inherited.

With Vlad and Serge still seemingly having a big say in who we sign, does anyone else get the feeling JJ was conned into coming back with promises of full control of signings and team affairs etc? This doesn't appear to be happening.

I sincerely hope that he didn't let his heart rule his head when coming back, but there has been little improvement in the attitude of the squad as a whole since he returned.

He needs to be able to have a major clear out, the usual suspects apply, to free up wages etc., instead of being asked to build a decent team with the dross he inherited.

How do you suggest this clearout is conducted?? We have players under contract and I'm sure the ones he doesn't want will be being touted elsewhere, but if noone wants them, they'll stay. What else can be done?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No I do not think this.

I do not think he was told he would have full control of signings.

I do not think he thought that Vlad and Serg would not have a major say in who we sign.

I think JJ wanted to come back to the club he loves after spending years at a skint club trying to perform minor miracles for a chairman and fans that did not like him.

Oh yes there has!

bean counter

No I do not think this.

I do not think he was told he would have full control of signings.

I do not think he thought that Vlad and Serg would not have a major say in who we sign.

I think JJ wanted to come back to the club he loves after spending years at a skint club trying to perform minor miracles for a chairman and fans that did not like him.

My thoughts as well

kingantti1874

Ffs jj has the biggest budget for players of any club outside the old firm...I'm sure he will also be picking up 3 or 4 times the wage he was on at killie, plus he is managing th team he lives... He is really hard done to right enough

Walter Bishop

HOBO_CLOWN.jpg

Crazy thoughts.

Conned? Come on ti ****....

One pre season game into the season and the doom and gloom thoughts are entering our heads.

I ******* despair with Jambos Kickback sometimes, I really do.

I think it was the other way to be perfectly honest, JJ is finished in my book.

His training methods are way out of date and generally he is living on past glories for the moment at least before he is found out.

I hope I am wrong as I have nothing against the guy but I think he saw a nice cushy earner for himself to either tide him over until he retires or gets sacked (the more likely option)

He is obviously a "yes man" and just does as Vlad and his crew want but then who can blame him.

The trouble is that we are badly needing a number of signings and I can't see us getting them other than the two trialists last night who were no worse than the other 9 but still way short of the sort of players we would come to expect at Hearts.

Last night was a prime example of how weak our squad is with too many small lighweight players and others that are frankly just not good enough.

We were missing Wallace, Driver, Palazuelos and Kyle last night and hopefully we would be playing Eggert in midfield when Wallace is back fit however we just do not have the back-up to compete with the rest of the squad we have.

I am really not looking forward to the start of the season unless we sign two or three really good players I fear we are going to struggle again this year.

What absolute drivel. JJ is a big boy and must have known, from his links to club as well as in football in general, that working with our owner may have iy's "difficult" moments. I have faith that JJ knows what he's doing.

Get a grip.

We withdrew our interest in PH for whatever reason... get over it.

The 'dross' you refer to are all under contract and cannot be 'dumped'... there is nothing to suggest that Hearts as a team aren't brimming with confidence except for a poor 3-1 defeat in thier first pre season game fielding a largely experimental lineup which JJ admitted was soley for the purpose of looking at the two trialists.

FFS the season hasn't even started, the transfer window is still wide open and we're still actively looking at targets. JJ has never once shown frustration at a lack of support from the board... he knows the financial restrictions and conditions he has to work with... he is doing the job he wants and loves... let him do it.

PH was a great Hearts player who isn't coming back... we move onwards and upwards.

Gordon Ramsay

His training methods are way out of date and generally he is living on past glories for the moment at least before he is found out.

I hope I am wrong as I have nothing against the guy but I think he saw a nice cushy earner for himself to either tide him over until he retires or gets sacked (the more likely option)

He is obviously a "yes man" and just does as Vlad and his crew want but then who can blame him.

The trouble is that we are badly needing a number of signings and I can't see us getting them other than the two trialists last night who were no worse than the other 9 but still way short of the sort of players we would come to expect at Hearts.

Last night was a prime example of how weak our squad is with too many small lighweight players and others that are frankly just not good enough.

We were missing Wallace, Driver, Palazuelos and Kyle last night and hopefully we would be playing Eggert in midfield when Wallace is back fit however we just do not have the back-up to compete with the rest of the squad we have.

I am really not looking forward to the start of the season unless we sign two or three really good players I fear we are going to struggle again this year.

I agree, last night looked the same as last season, pass the ball from defence to midfield then no idea what to do with it after that. Players were constantly jumping into each other and the communication between some of them seems non-existant.

Some players will just never be good enough, Calum Elliot for one, just a rubbish football player, scared to shoot at the right time and so slow in terms of reacting to the ball. Novikovas is far too lightweight and seems to have difficulty kicking the ball, perhaps its too heavy for him.

I just feel we could be in for the same kind of season, a 6th or 7th finish in the league and pumped out the cups by pish. We need more players in and missing out on Hartley is a massive blow IMO. I also think JJ's methods are probably out of date, taking the players to Italy for a week to work on fitness when its clear that some of them have severe difficulty in using a football is not a wise decision. Time will tell but I expect us to be pish this season, pure and simple.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Wow... Staggered that this is how you feel. If getting the players fit is out of date methods, then I will take that Csabas' ridiculous training methods which resulted in us never having an entire team fit and ready to play and the subs being left out of tactical team talks.

Since his past glories are more than any other manager in the league outside of Houston and Smith, i will not be too quick to just paper over those after one pre-season game either.

Wow... Staggered that this is how you feel. If getting the players fit is out of date methods, then I will take that Csabas' ridiculous training methods which resulted in us never having an entire team fit and ready to play and the subs being left out of tactical team talks.

Since his past glories are more than any other manager in the league outside of Houston and Smith, i will not be too quick to just paper over those after one pre-season game either.

The Dunfermline players looked fitter than most of our guys, they probably went to Kinghorn for their pres season training.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Dunfermline players looked fitter than most of our guys, they probably went to Kinghorn for their pres season training.

that was their seventh pre-season friendly.

Feck me. Beat in our first pre season friendly and threads like these are everywhere.

You are... completely.

thirdyboy1976

I can't see it to be honest. Even if he was told a few fibs, JJ has been around long enough to know what was going on at Tynie with previous managers & Vlads input, to be fooled by any lies. JJ made a choice knowing the in's & out's. I actually see it the other way, I think that JJ was told the truth. We have this much to spend, we need to cut the wage margin, we need to cut the playing staff & there's now a wage cap. But I do get the impression that Vlad trust JJ. I think we'll have a decent season....patience is all it takes.

well thats ruined another sun exclusive blown and bawbagando will be miffed, what the **** will they right about now, back to the mad one i suppose.

Vlad is what he is and JJ went into this with his eyes open the man (Vlad) aint ever goin to change.

At least we have someone at the helm who will push the players as hard as anyone else would and will want us to win every game and generate passion and commitment for the cause.

Can't believe some are spouting the cr@p I am reading already.

One pre season defeat does not equal a season.

Hopefully the woeful display will show the board the two sub standard midfielders that JJ had no part in bringing in aren't good enough and we will move on.

Let's get behind JJ.

The faults and failings don't lie at his door he is doing the best he can with what is being made available to him.

Hopefully Hibs will get f**ked tomorrow and we'll all feel a lot happier :o)

rossthejambo

I thought the OP was bad but these 2 posts are so misinformed it's unbelievable. :blink:

My word....there is a difference between fitness and match fitness! Our first proper friendly and folk already have us down as a struggling team. Some people just always seem to be looking for the negatives. Lets ignore the fact we have a good bunch of youngsters coming through, a couple of good quality new signings and are actually still on the lookout for more. I mean Man Utd lost to an American team the other day...are they going to struggle this season?

We played Middlesborough in a closed doors game last week and JJ was very happy with how we played. He's trying stuff out plus we have players injured who would be stickons and infact probably our best players. So I for one won't be gnashing any teeth.

As for conned. He's probably finding things frustrating, yes, but he knew what he was getting into and I'm sure believes in his abilities enough to think he can bring success to Hearts. He'll be thrown a bone occasionally and he'll just have to get it right when he has the chance to sign someone.

I've not been on jkb for a few days - are we blaming Hearts for Killie wanting too much to Bryson? Is this one of the things JJ was conned on?? Sorry, just to get me back in the loop - be good to know...

Jambof3tornado

Do any of you moaning minnies actually have season tickets or do you just read the gutter press then log in to have a gripe or 3?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Weren't all the managers promised full control of the team at one point.

NO, Burley said live on Scotsport, that it was an interesting arrangement but exciting, Frail said that he was never told who to pick after he had left on talk 107, Romanov said that no manager will ever have full control over team matters in the newspapers and JJ said that he knew exactly wjhat he was getting himself involved in.

Just generaly... no.

RoussetsShorts

To all the Vlad haters, why not set up your own break away team i.e New Hearts of Gorgie or something like that and go play at murrayfield in front of 3 men and a dog. Only then will you realise this man has saved our club and you should relish every moment since he took over as if he hadn't the club would no longer exist and you haters would have nothing to complain about. I relish every day Hearts are still in business as pieman would have consigned the club to administration and eventual death. Be grateful for all the good times since Vlad came and realise without this man and his obvious loyalty mantra our true home would be a block of flats and a supermarket.

Thank you Vlad for 4-0 at Hampden, thank you for the scottish cup, thank you for pumping hibs out the scottish cup, thank you for the 05/06 season which was majestic, thank you for keeping us at Tynecastle, thank you for securing our massive debt to ensure the debt collectors don't come calling, thank you for not selling our best players for pennies, thank you for great season ticket deals and encouraging young fans to come along, thank you for your hatred of the old firm and the scottish weegie media, thank you for the vast amount of charity work you have been involved in. VLADIMIR ROMANOV I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR GREAT CLUB - LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!

vladimir_romanov.jpg

To all the Vlad haters, why not set up your own break away team i.e New Hearts of Gorgie or something like that and go play at murrayfield in front of 3 men and a dog. Only then will you realise this man has saved our club and you should relish every moment since he took over as if he hadn't the club would no longer exist and you haters would have nothing to complain about. I relish every day Hearts are still in business as pieman would have consigned the club to administration and eventual death. Be grateful for all the good times since Vlad came and realise without this man and his obvious loyalty mantra our true home would be a block of flats and a supermarket.

Thank you Vlad for 4-0 at Hampden, thank you for the scottish cup, thank you for pumping hibs out the scottish cup, thank you for the 05/06 season which was majestic, thank you for keeping us at Tynecastle, thank you for securing our massive debt to ensure the debt collectors don't come calling, thank you for not selling our best players for pennies, thank you for great season ticket deals and encouraging young fans to come along, thank you for your hatred of the old firm and the scottish weegie media, thank you for the vast amount of charity work you have been involved in. VLADIMIR ROMANOV I THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR GREAT CLUB - LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!

vladimir_romanov.jpg

Unfortunately I fear these days your refer to will be distant memories as we sadly can't or wont bring in the type of players who will be able to win anything in the future.

Johanes de Silentio

****sake - NO! :blink:

Archived