School Leavers to swear allegiance to Queen and Country.

chester copperpot

Guest S.U.S.S.
Pffft, it's a job. If I joined the navy, it'd be because it looks awesome, not because I felt any loyalty to some old dear that speaks to us on the telly once a year and opens the odd monument.

As has been previously stated, outdated, insular pesh, propagated by mindless, drooling morons trying their retarded hearts out so that they can get their tuppence worth in before they die from stupidity.

If if if. but you didnt and dont mention any plans to so whats your point?

Very good people that dont hold your opinion are/support "outdated, insular pesh, propagated by mindless, drooling morons trying their retarded hearts out so that they can get their tuppence worth in before they die from stupidity"

Who is the moron, them or people like you that simply abuse the people that dont hold the same opinion as you?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren
Whether you verbalized your oath or not you served in the ROYAL navy.

I once ( twice actually ) worked for the Royal Bank but didn't feel that made me a monarchist. :P

monkfish1979
If if if. but you didnt and dont mention any plans to so whats your point?

Very good people that dont hold your opinion are/support "outdated, insular pesh, propagated by mindless, drooling morons trying their retarded hearts out so that they can get their tuppence worth in before they die from stupidity"

Who is the moron, them or people like you that simply abuse the people that dont hold the same opinion as you?

I don't abuse the people that support it. I abused the people that suggested it. Everybody's entitled to their opinion. I do have serious issues with anybody that would actively pursue something that would go against other peoples wishes - particularly when it involves something mandatory.

I have never and will never swear an oath to the British monarchy, nor (when they arrive) will my children. People can swear their oaths in the comfort of their own homes until their scheidt comes out with a union flag pattern all over it. I'd prefer a saltire... :)

I have never and will never swear an oath to the British monarchy, nor (when they arrive) will my children.

So you're going to bully your kids in to having the same attitide as you rather than allowing them to think for themselves? :sad: People with that attitude shouldn't be allowed to have kids. :mad:

davemclaren
So you're going to bully your kids in to having the same attitide as you rather than allowing them to think for themselves? :sad: People with that attitude shouldn't be allowed to have kids. :mad:

...unless it involves their choice of football team. :rolleyes:

...unless it involves their choice of football team. :rolleyes:

I don't agree with parents imposing any of their attitides and preferences on their kids, other than morals such as being honest and decent citizens.

I think parents should encourage their kids to follow a certain football team but not bully them into it. The exception to this of course is where the child is in danger of following ra sellik or the leithers, in which case the requirement to impose correct moral behaviour kicks in. ;)

I don't agree with parents imposing any of their attitides and preferences on their kids, other than morals such as being honest and decent citizens.

I think parents should encourage their kids to follow a certain football team but not bully them into it. The exception to this of course is where the child is in danger of following ra sellik or the leithers, in which case the requirement to impose correct moral behaviour kicks in. ;)

Any team that's not Heart of Midlothian and it won't be the requirement to impose correct moral behaviour that gets kicked in!

;)

monkfish1979

Where did I say that? You miss the point spectacularly. I'm advocating the exact opposite of bullying kids into sharing one's opinions. If they want to support the union, fine, but forcing them to swear an oath in school - as the moron that suggested doing it would like to see - is doing exactly what you would accuse me of, except it's being done institutionally. I work in schools every day, and I know exactly the moral implications of not allowing children to think for themselves.

As soon as they turn 16, it's up to them. But it should be their choice to make, not some fud politician's.

So what you are saying is that people should have the right to decide for themselves?

To quote a less than intelligent poster, I agree 100%.

I assume you support the concept of a referendum, letting the people of Scotland decide the constitutional future of their nation? Anything else would just be hypocritical.

So what you are saying is that people should have the right to decide for themselves?

To quote a less than intelligent poster, I agree 100%.

I assume you support the concept of a referendum, letting the people of Scotland decide the constitutional future of their nation? Anything else would just be hypocritical.

Another pop at me Toggie. How many honours degrees and professional qualifications do you have? Happy to compare. ;)

I assume you support the concept of a referendum, letting the people of Scotland decide the constitutional future of their nation?

I have no problem with the concept, but as the result is a foregone conclusion I cannot support something that would waste the taxpayers money.

How many honours degrees and professional qualifications do you have? Happy to compare. ;)

You would never have dared say that to Irvine Jambo (RIP :sad:)

blondejamtart

I don't consider myself to be British - as far as I'm concerned, I'm Scottish, and whenever I'm asked for my nationality, that's what I'd put. I'd be unhappy about either of my children being forced to do as is being suggested. Once they're over 16 and able to make their own, informed decisions, then what they do is up to them, but it should be their choice and not some politician's.

kinross jambo
I have no problem with the concept, but as the result is a foregone conclusion I cannot support something that would waste the taxpayers money.

therapist,you have as much ability to predict the future as this woman.

mystic-meg-horoscop_384331a.jpg

Archived