Vlad Bashing and Triallists

JamboAl

rudi must stay

Mrowiec is crap.

And is completely the opposite type of player we require.

you need back-up over a season though, and he's shown in the past he can step in and do a decent job. Just hope it isn't a sign of things to come and we have to settle for the cheaper options :angry:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ash Cloud

Whats all the hooha about JJ's a manager he runs the rule over any player he likes he makes a decision he either accepts the player or sends them packing what the **** is the problem with that if JJ is making the big calls whats there to worry about **** me paul the octopus's life is hinging on the germany spain game and all u lot can think about is liffuainain trialists for christ sake get a life !!

Only a Game

Mrowiec is a limited player but he did a good job in the european run in under Csaba and as statto posted above his stats in a Hearts jersey were positive in terms of games won, goals conceded etc and he did a decent job as a stopper in various roles and his effort & commitment wasn't in question. Neil Berry was just as limited a player as Mrowiec but perhaps he was more popular because he was a local lad?

Forgot about Ryan Stevenson when I posted earlier. I dont see what Mroweic has that Stevenson ( a JJ signing who's only just got here) hasnt shown already. They are VERY similar players in terms of positions they COULD operate in and in terms of ability and limitations IMO.

Mroweic is a bit like a throwaway remark. Not really neccessary and a bit irritating.(if we sign him) but you can hardly be outraged if it happens or much bothered one way or the other. In fact its totally meh !!!!!

As long as he's not a forced on alternative to someone JJ really wants then WTF, have him.

rudi must stay

JJ seems pretty calm about it all. Think some posters should follow his example...

not sure if you can say he's calm from that. But it does sound like he agrees with the decision to bring them over, which is good :)

Charlie-Brown

you need back-up over a season though, and he's shown in the past he can step in and do a decent job. Just hope it isn't a sign of things to come and we have to settle for the cheaper options :angry:

Why are we any different to anybody else in Scottish football?

Only a Game

Why are we any different to anybody else in Scottish football?

I cant believe you've asked that question !! :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

I see from Hearts web-site that the Lithuanian striker has played for Danish and Norwegian sides and and also Exeter City. Not a great pedigree perhaps but neither therefore is he someone just plucked from Vlad's "faceless cast of thousands" and it suggests there might be something others have seen in him. JJ is taking to the Oban tournament and might depending on how he does take him to Italy for a few days.Don't see any problem with this.

Only a Game

not sure if you can say he's calm from that. But it does sound like he agrees with the decision to bring them over, which is good :)

Agrees with the decision but hasnt made it himself ?

Charlie-Brown

I cant believe you've asked that question !! :rolleyes:

I meant financially even the Old Firm are having to look at cheaper/lesser options than they would have previously whilst some of our other SPL competitors are taking freebies and youth players and even their managers from the lower leagues in Scotland, England or English teams youth players that have been released. Scottish fitba is strapped for cash and the pound in our pocket doesn't buy as much as it used to - sad but true.

Only a Game

I meant financially even the Old Firm are having to look at cheaper/lesser options than they would have previously whilst some of our other SPL competitors are taking freebies and youth players and even their managers from the lower leagues in Scotland, England or English teams youth players that have been released. Scottish fitba is strapped for cash and the pound in our pocket doesn't buy as much as it used to - sad but true.

Yeh I knew what you meant mate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rudi must stay

sounds like it from that..

Johanes de Silentio

I'm sorry, and I don't intend to cause offence, really I don't, but if you expected JJ to have full say on trialists, I think that's really quite naive.

Cut The Crap

Smart move by JJ. Send the kid to Oban and get the youth team coaches to make the call. If he's decent, fair enough; if not, tell Vlad "reports weren't good, can't use him." Either way, JJ's hands are clean. Genius. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

I cant be bother reading the previous four pages, as I know there will be the usual arguments.

My P.O.V. is that in terms of Mrowic, he was a player we discovered his best position late on in the season, but didn't decide to keep. If JJ likes them I have no problem in him coming back.

As for the ex-U21 Lith, he has played in the top Danish league so has not played in an awful league. May be a decent player, may be awful but again I will let JJ decide.

I have no problem in trialists coming over, as long as the final decision comes from JJ on if he wants to keep them or not. Vlad may send over players but the aim is to sieve through a mixed bunch as you may find a wee gem or one that does a decent job for Hearts.

Only a Game

I'm sorry, and I don't intend to cause offence, really I don't, but if you expected JJ to have full say on trialists, I think that's really quite naive.

No I didnt expect it. 5 years of seeing players brought in behind the managers back dispelled that one a long time ago

Francis Albert

No I didnt expect it. 5 years of seeing players brought in behind the managers back dispelled that one a long time ago

The two Keanes at Celtic? Of course the manager didn't have to pick them ... ahem.

At Hearts, Dave Mackay was sold not just behind the manager's back but behind Dave Mackay's back.

Vlad has made a mess of many things, though less so recently. Bringing in a trialist for JJ to look at hardly ranks as a crime.

IMA MAROON

Smart move by JJ. Send the kid to Oban and get the youth team coaches to make the call. If he's decent, fair enough; if not, tell Vlad "reports weren't good, can't use him." Either way, JJ's hands are clean. Genius. :thumbsup:

JJ will do as he is told or he is out the door. I'm sure he understands that so he'll have no need for sneaky tricks.

Tasavallan

Bringing in triallists for pre-season is not a new phenomenon for Hearts, didn't we have a couple of Portuguese lads last season that Csaba rejected - although he had his arm twisted by Vlad over Pittenweem.

JJ's past record with triallists is not the greatest, so playing them in pre-season games is better than in league games as he used to do.

Only a Game

The two Keanes at Celtic? Of course the manager didn't have to pick them ... ahem.

At Hearts, Dave Mackay was sold not just behind the manager's back but behind Dave Mackay's back.

Vlad has made a mess of many things, though less so recently. Bringing in a trialist for JJ to look at hardly ranks as a crime.

Vlad made a total dugs dinner of the change of manager as recently as January this year IMO. Luckily he got away with it.

Constant interference in the affairs of the football team over the head of the manager is Vlad's greatest serial crime IMO.(In fact its the only one that really bothers me)

Bringing in a trialist is hardly a major demeanour given some of the things he has done right enough. Lets just see where he goes with it and how JJ responds before you go writing it off as no big deal. Not one other manager under Romanov ever thought the level of interference was no big deal because every one of them has remarked on it on the way out the door.

I think at the very least, it has to raise an eyebrow of suspicion with most folk. Not you of course but then you're one of the defenders of the faith and I wouldnt expect anything else.

Nice comparison between the two Keanes and Lithuanian 3rd division amateur players to cloud the issue though.

JamboRossi79

I remember him brilliantly setting up Mikey Stewart to score against Utd at Tannadice and if you think that isn't impressive enough he did it with his arse !thumbsup.gif

winston churchill

JJ's past record with triallists is not the greatest, so playing them in pre-season games is better than in league games as he used to do.

remember mo bertie

From what i remember , Mrowiec came onto a game as we headed towards the end of the 08/09 season. Could put in a tackle and was decent enough in possession. He had a bit competition in the midfield and was unlucky to not get more games..i think he had a long term injury too?

Johanes de Silentio

Vlad made a total dugs dinner of the change of manager as recently as January this year IMO. Luckily he got away with it.

Constant interference in the affairs of the football team over the head of the manager is Vlad's greatest serial crime IMO.(In fact its the only one that really bothers me)

Bringing in a trialist is hardly a major demeanour given some of the things he has done right enough. Lets just see where he goes with it and how JJ responds before you go writing it off as no big deal. Not one other manager under Romanov ever thought the level of interference was no big deal because every one of them has remarked on it on the way out the door.

I think at the very least, it has to raise an eyebrow of suspicion with most folk. Not you of course but then you're one of the defenders of the faith and I wouldnt expect anything else.

Nice comparison between the two Keanes and Lithuanian 3rd division amateur players to cloud the issue though.

It bothers me too, but it's the way it is.

Whilst I thought he was decent 1st time around I geniunely believe this is a backward step. Can't imagine JJ being delighted if having to skip the likes of Hartley and Bryson for Mrowiec.

However as I say I thought he was decent previously so we'll see.

I agree with this.

Decent enough squad player who could, in emergencies "do a job". I do not think it is a good idea to bring him back. As for the other lad, I cannot comment either way.

However, let's see if he signs before marching eh?

Francis Albert

I thought the change of managership was handled masterfully. How did it nearly go wrong in your opinion?

Agreed interference in football, or more precisely, the manager's business, is Vlad's serial crime. That's what I referred to in my post when I talked about the many messes Vlad has made in the past (that's being a "defender of the faith" apparently). As for the Keanes example, so what you are objecting to is the QUALITY of the players Vlad brings in behind the manager's back?

Only a Game

I thought the change of managership was handled masterfully. How did it nearly go wrong in your opinion?

Agreed interference in football, or more precisely, the manager's business, is Vlad's serial crime. That's what I referred to in my post when I talked about the many messes Vlad has made in the past (that's being a "defender of the faith" apparently). As for the Keanes example, so what you are objecting to is the QUALITY of the players Vlad brings in behind the manager's back?

Clearly if he had a track record of bringing in QUALITY players behind the managers back it wouldnt be objectionable to fans. The manager still might not like it. I dont think Strachan liked it when Sellik were doing it. But he doesnt bring in quality behind the managers back does he, he brings in sh1te for the most part behind the managers back and has on occasion, unless you think differently, insisted that they play. If your messing with something you shouldnt be messing with, you better get it right most of the time, is how I feel about it, and he hasnt got it right even close to enough times. Now he's put yet another manager in a corner where he has to dare go against the owner if he doesnt fancy whats been brought over for him to look at.

As for the change of manager, a bit off topic for this thread and perhaps a subject to discuss more deeply when the next change happens. Will that honestly be very long ?

But briefly to answer your question, I thought the timing was poor (should have happened either much earlier in the season or left alone till the summer IMO) and was a huge risk. I thought it left us no chance of making the League Cup final. I thought it exposed us to relegation more than the sitting manager would have done and I didnt and still dont think that JJ is the right man for the job. I thought and still do think that it was designed to placate and cover over the cracks for another year or so.

portobellojambo1

I wasn't particularly taken by Adrian Mrowiec on his first visit, and don't really expect him to hang around long this time. Imagine he will go on pre season and then head back to Kaunas, given his loan period in Poland has now concluded.

Know absolutely nothing about the Lithuanian player coming in from Denmark. Agree with Cut the Crap though, Jefferies is doing the right thing, trial him up at Oban, if he fails to cut it there then he will be on his bike again.

Gregory House M.D.

what a pile of barry white this thread is! JJ has already turned down a few of Vlads trialists!

Snake Plissken

what a pile of barry white this thread is! JJ has already turned down a few of Vlads trialists!

When/who was this?

Francis Albert

Clearly if he had a track record of bringing in QUALITY players behind the managers back it wouldnt be objectionable to fans. The manager still might not like it. I dont think Strachan liked it when Sellik were doing it. But he doesnt bring in quality behind the managers back does he, he brings in sh1te for the most part behind the managers back and has on occasion, unless you think differently, insisted that they play. If your messing with something you shouldnt be messing with, you better get it right most of the time, is how I feel about it, and he hasnt got it right even close to enough times. Now he's put yet another manager in a corner where he has to dare go against the owner if he doesnt fancy whats been brought over for him to look at.

As for the change of manager, a bit off topic for this thread and perhaps a subject to discuss more deeply when the next change happens. Will that honestly be very long ?

But briefly to answer your question, I thought the timing was poor (should have happened either much earlier in the season or left alone till the summer IMO) and was a huge risk. I thought it left us no chance of making the League Cup final. I thought it exposed us to relegation more than the sitting manager would have done and I didnt and still dont think that JJ is the right man for the job. I thought and still do think that it was designed to placate and cover over the cracks for another year or so.

You raised the issue of the appointment of JJ, not me. So a bit rich to respond by saying it's off topic.

As for JJ having been "put in a corner" we'll see. Your assertion seems a wee bit premature. Like a few on this thread, you seem desperately hopeful.

Only a Game

You raised the issue of the appointment of JJ, not me. So a bit rich to respond by saying it's off topic.

As for JJ having been "put in a corner" we'll see. Your assertion seems a wee bit premature. Like a few on this thread, you seem desperately hopeful.

Hopeful ??

Hopeful that our latest manager will be undermined and eventually have to walk/jump/be pushed because of it ?. Where are you getting hopeful from ?

I'd have thought I come across as quite the opposite but I've not dismissed the possibility that it might happen. Okay its pretty minor stuff at the moment compared to what has gone before it from Romanov. But there surely cant be any denying that the owner bringing in sub standard players over the managers head or at least without the manager being the primary mover for incoming players, caused problems in the past and this is almost exactly a carbon copy of how it started in the past.

As you say, we'll see.

In the meantime, you enjoy the continuing and discredited policy of sub standard players, not scouted or asked for by the manager, filling up the squad, draining wages and getting chances/trials at the expense of what we could have had for much the same outlay, at the expense of independent managerial choices and at the expense of what we have in the long queue of (destined not to get a real chance) laddies coming out of the academy and almost immediatly pissing off to other clubs or back home where they came from to get a proper chance and I'll remain desperately hopeful that it doesnt actually happen that way AGAIN !!

Johanes de Silentio

When/who was this?

I think we had a few players on trial in the latter part of last season - JJ didn't fancy them.

he wasnt good enough the 1st time round,just shows romanov hasn`t changed at all,still clueless about the footballing side of things :whistling:

I have to agree with you, unless JJ is going to change the way we play our football and just maybe he will be better suited to JJ's approach. With a change a playing personell he might be just what we need. To be seen though.

Tasavallan

remember mo bertie

Oh my! ohmy.gifHow could I forget.

Those were the days of no transfer windows.

Signed March 1999 - 2 games - Transferred May 1999.

Obviously no lessons learned from Hans Eskilsson.

Colonel Kurtz

Oh my! ohmy.gifHow could I forget.

Those were the days of no transfer windows.

Signed March 1999 - 2 games - Transferred May 1999.

Obviously no lessons learned from Hans Eskilsson.

TBF Eskillson was signed when we were bottom of the league.JJ took a punt on Bruno,Rousett and Eskillson at the same time.JJ did not se any of the [players in advance and HE did haved a million pound plus transfer on his cv

I really cant see what the problem is here. We have been crying out for a big striker - signed, replacement at the back for departing defenders - signed. We need a few more players which we are all aware of and im sure that Vlad's huge expertese (cough cough) in this area will provide jj with plenty of potential new signings. I doubt jj will sign or be forced to sign any player that he doesnt see as fit for the purpose. Its just the usual transfer window will we or wont we sign or he looks good lets hope we get him. IN JJ WE TRUST!!!!!

Nookie Bear

Adrian Mrowiec is a good player, he did well and might do even better next time round. Especially with having a 'proper' manager in charge and not some imbecile who sees fit to play him up front

Get rid of Ruben and we might possibly have a better player on lesser wages.

Oh and he's prob better than Bouzid at CB too

Swap Pala for a sub-standard Jonsson? Not what i'd be looking for, i'm afraid.

Snake Plissken

I think we had a few players on trial in the latter part of last season - JJ didn't fancy them.

Well there we go then.

If he didn't fancy those players and rejected them without problems, why should these two coming in for a trial be an issue?

Lest we forget we've released quite a few players this summer and with the horrendous injury problems of last year, is it really such a bad idea to look at a versatile player who had some decent performances in the latter part of a succesful season?

I don'tconsider myself pro or anti Romanov as such, I just call it like I see it. I don't see the need to be worried nor do I feel the need to make the same argument thousands of times over.

If JJ is made to SIGN a player against his will and subsequently FORCED to play said unwanted player then I'd have a problem with that. Until then I'm not about to slit my wrists.

Drylaw Hearts

Well there we go then.

If he didn't fancy those players and rejected them without problems, why should these two coming in for a trial be an issue?

Lest we forget we've released quite a few players this summer and with the horrendous injury problems of last year, is it really such a bad idea to look at a versatile player who had some decent performances in the latter part of a succesful season?

I don'tconsider myself pro or anti Romanov as such, I just call it like I see it. I don't see the need to be worried nor do I feel the need to make the same argument thousands of times over.

If JJ is made to SIGN a player against his will and subsequently FORCED to play said unwanted player then I'd have a problem with that. Until then I'm not about to slit my wrists.

People have good reason to be cautious.

Look at last pre-season...........

Csaba wants a striker, we offer striker a deal which unfortunately he declines. Now instead of moving on to the next target VR ships over 2 Portugues players - one being a striker. Csaba doesn't even give one of them a chance to play in a friendly. Within days VR clearly states that there is no more money available (despite sending us those trialists) and we'll have to promote from within. VR then signs a trialist (Cinikas) despite the fact the he has already been sent home twice by Csaba, we've no more money for players and we're only going to use Academy players.

Because of this the owner and manager have an unworkable relationship and (despite the warnings) it led to a pretty crap season.

Nobody is saying this will happen again but you have to wonder if JJ continues to kb VR's recommendations then will it affect their working relationship ?

It's bound to imo.

rossthejambo

People have good reason to be cautious.

Look at last pre-season...........

Csaba wants a striker, we offer striker a deal which unfortunately he declines. Now instead of moving on to the next target VR ships over 2 Portugues players - one being a striker. Csaba doesn't even give one of them a chance to play in a friendly. Within days VR clearly states that there is no more money available (despite sending us those trialists) and we'll have to promote from within. VR then signs a trialist (Cinikas) despite the fact the he has already been sent home twice by Csaba, we've no more money for players and we're only going to use Academy players.

Because of this the owner and manager have an unworkable relationship and (despite the warnings) it led to a pretty crap season.

Nobody is saying this will happen again but you have to wonder if JJ continues to kb VR's recommendations then will it affect their working relationship ?

It's bound to imo.

Maybe Vlad meant there wasn't enough money to buy Csaba's picks, ie Nuno Gomes teehee.gif

In all seriousness I see where your coming from, I don't think JJ's going to go all huffy like Csaba though. I think he'll be a bit more tactful with his requests.

I think JJ has the final say; why wouldn't he? Afterall Vlad did say when he appointed JJ that he's delighted to finally be working with someone professional and has Hearts at Heart. So if vlad is up to his old tricks ie truck loads of foreigners then where does that leave Vlad? JJ has been recommended 2 trialists and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a look at them.

Drylaw Hearts

I think JJ has the final say; why wouldn't he? Afterall Vlad did say when he appointed JJ that he's delighted to finally be working with someone professional and has Hearts at Heart. So if vlad is up to his old tricks ie truck loads of foreigners then where does that leave Vlad? JJ has been recommended 2 trialists and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a look at them.

The problems won't start when the trialists arrive - they'll start when these 'recommendations' are continually being sent home.

Gregory House M.D.

It would appear not the liths apparantly signed!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Lovely touch from some inbred little cretin headline writer at the Edinburgh evening Hobo comic...

"

Hearts reject Mrowiec hopes to win back place in squad

Nice touch EEN, just you continue your self-inflicted slide into nothingness by insulting the major part of your potential readership. :rolleyes:

Johanes de Silentio

Well there we go then.

I have no problem with trialists.

Also, as even George Burley admitted, no one would complain if we're bringing in quality like Fyssas and Jankauskas.

The quality of trialists/signings in recent times is nowhere near that standard, sadly.

Archived