Vlad Bashing and Triallists

JamboAl

Who wants to head down to Tynecastle and kick some hats with me?

Im ******* RAGING right now.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Who wants to head down to Tynecastle and kick some hats with me?

Im ******* RAGING right now.

Iv already sharpened my pitchforks in anticipation!

Denny Crane

we don't need a manager.

Who needs heroin eh!?

:rolleyes:

Personally I'd be delighted to have only one dud in the squad. :whistling:

Sorry... should've made it a bit clearer... the annual dud striker. Actually, add Nade to the list aswell.

Guest JamboRobbo

Now you know as well as everyone else Vlad is a changed man and will never again be seen to impose a bus load of trialists onto the current manager. Wash your mouth out this particular leopard has changed its spots

:D

Clerry Jambo

Bringing the Polish guy back is a joke but really shouldn't surprise many :down:

Deja Vu me thinks..............hope I'm wrong :unsure:

Shall we really go down this road - Leigh Jenkinson was gash - should we never sign anyone from england?

hate to be pedantic but Leigh Jenkinson was Welsh.... :whistling:

Snake Plissken

I liked him.

A solid, versatile player who'll be very useful over the course of a season. When I heard we were looking at getting a former player back, I wouldn't have thought about this guy. I doubt his wages will be astronomical either.

But like Bouzid, let's not play him up front!

Seymour M Hersh

Let's tar a whole nation with the same brush...its been a while since we've done that. While we're at it, all uruguayans are cheats, Italians can only defend and all Dutch are arrogant

Which is ironic considering the long held perception of Italians was the polar opposite. Hence the reason their tanks had 1 forward and 5 reverse gears!!

Dalstonjambo

hate to be pedantic but Leigh Jenkinson was Welsh.... :whistling:

as do i sir :whistling:

Leigh Jenkinson (born 9 July 1969 in Thorne, South Yorkshire)

I'm stunned that VR has sent over 2 trialists.

No...really...I am.

ah it takes drylaw to intervene in order to restore some sense to proceedings. i take it you have adopted the sensible approach in that this latest revelation to befall us comes as no particular surprise and that we should all really know better than to be shocked to the core when it happens.

seems like a logical conclusion to arrive at. perhaps you could teach a thing or two to some of the panic ridden characters who have preceded you on this thread.

:unsure:

as do i sir :whistling:

Leigh Jenkinson (born 9 July 1969 in Thorne, South Yorkshire) is an English-born Welsh former professional footballer.

like i said...welsh..

Dalstonjambo

like i said...welsh..

ok - no need to get into a petty argument here, but the point I was making was he was born in england

Snake Plissken

Ah well

The wrist-slitters have something to w@*k over again.

Gregory House M.D.

i too hope that it's JJ picking all the trialists 'cos if that mad vald was to ever suggest he take a look at a player.... i mean WOAH... like the world will come to an end wont it?

THIS

scott_jambo

Oh for fx ake!!, not another one!? Is this who's going to be this season's annual dud?

2006/07 Makela AND Klimek

2007/08 Beniusless

2008/09 Tullberg

2009/10 Witteveen

2010/11 ? ? ?

Only one is Lithuanian. thumbsup.gif

Guest JamboRobbo

Ah well

The wrist-slitters have something to w@*k over again.

And the "nothing to see here" crew have something about which to have a go at those who can see. Everyones a winner.

Drylaw Hearts

I can confidently say that after my prediction last pre-season that the relationship between Manager and Owner would deteriorate to the point of no return (all because of player recruitment) there is absolutely no chance of this happening this time.

No way.

I will not run the risk of being of being 100% spot on for 2 summers on the trot.

I've decided I'm going to run with Vic and the lads this time and just mock those pesky hat-kickers.

Guest JamboRobbo

Vlad's Rimmers all over this thread :whistling:

Vlad's Rimmers and Wrist Slitters. Well, at least it's some new terminology. :lol:

Charlie-Brown

Obviously his current club (whoever that is) must be happy enough to let him go. He did okay when he played but nothing anymore special than the likes of Jonsson or even Stevenson. Seems another waste of salary to me.

The traitor that is George Burley has stolen Andy Dorman from us for his Crystal Palace team so we had no option but to bring back Mrowiec on trial .... also Jefferies wanted Mulgrew to sign until Vlad seen the green & white hoops under his jumper!! ;)

Only a Game

If my choice was down to picking the Ian Black of last season, or the Mroweic of the season before, I'd pick Mroweic every single time. However if our level of quality involves us having to pick either of those two players regularly, then we're not going to improve much this season.

The important thing here is, I want, and we desperately need, ANY signing to be solely the choice of the manager with no pressure whatsover from the owner to take ANY player. Lets face its his neck on the line here and its a line that has no tolerance for failure.

If JJ looks at him, likes him and most importantly, really wants him, and its not to the exclusion of someone else JJ wanted, I dont have much problem with it TBH.

As for the laddie Snapkauskas (or whatever his name is) we've got around a 25% satisfactory rating concerning players who originated from Lithuania including several complete dumplings and at least 3 notable successes. Lets see what category he falls into before the toys go out the pram. This is what our owner does. Its a huge part of the reason he bought us in the first place. We should be used to it by now.

Ray Winstone

Does anyone know when he will be training?

Might pop down to Riccarton and 'booooo' him for being foreign.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

like i said...welsh..

Does that Mean Andy Driver is Scottish?

ok - no need to get into a petty argument here, but the point I was making was he was born in england

Okay, you've both made your point. We shouldn't sign anymore English born, Welsh Internationals.

MAD VLAD GTF!!!!!!!1!!!

FTH 109 FTH is quite literally shaking with rage right now.

How many squad players do we need?

I'd rather see Jonsson or McGowan given a run than some average journeyman.

Gregory House M.D.

Even if he wasn't what Lithuanian players have actually been a success with the exception of Velicka ? Zaliukas and Chesney are debatable.

Edgaras Jankauskas, Miko, Chesney, Zaliukas

The Old Tolbooth

He looked a damn site better than most of the pish we've had at the club last season that's for sure, anyone who doesn't think so can sook my root! :ninja:

Whilst I thought he was decent 1st time around I geniunely believe this is a backward step. Can't imagine JJ being delighted if having to skip the likes of Hartley and Bryson for Mrowiec.

However as I say I thought he was decent previously so we'll see.

Snake Plissken

And the "nothing to see here" crew have something about which to have a go at those who can see. Everyones a winner.

Not me.

I find it tedious in the extreme.

But do you guys enjoy this foaming-at-the-mouth frenzy you go into everytime we look at a player whose origins are east of Musselburgh?

We'll need a bit of depth next season, it can't hurt to let JJ look at him.

Charlie-Brown

Whilst I thought he was decent 1st time around I geniunely believe this is a backward step. Can't imagine JJ being delighted if having to skip the likes of Hartley and Bryson for Mrowiec.

However as I say I thought he was decent previously so we'll see.

What if Killie's demands for Bryson are unreasonable and they won't easily budge or drop their demands? Would you be happy with Hartley & Mrowiec then?

Not me.

I find it tedious in the extreme.

But do you guys enjoy this foaming-at-the-mouth frenzy you go into everytime we look at a player whose origins are east of Musselburgh?

which is ironic seeing as he himself is a behemoth of the east of scotland leagues.

Jambo, Goodbye

Adrian Mrowiec is a good player, he did well and might do even better next time round. Especially with having a 'proper' manager in charge and not some imbecile who sees fit to play him up front

Get rid of Ruben and we might possibly have a better player on lesser wages.

Oh and he's prob better than Bouzid at CB too

Cut The Crap

Strange one indeed.

I don't remember Mrowiec the strong, midfield enforcer that many on this thread seem to. My recollection is that he was mostly injured and indeed mostly looked as if he was injured whenever he did make it onto the field. To be fair, he did provide an assist at Tannadice by falling over in the penalty box and allowing the ball to bounce off his knee.

Will he improve the first-team? I doubt it. He may vie with Ryan Stevenson for a place on the bench, or with Ian Black for the coveted position of chief boot cleaner. Perhaps his main purpose is to establish to what extent the manager is prepared to play the game. Good luck, Jim.

Guest JamboRobbo

The fact you felt the need to call people wrist-slitters suggests it's you thats foaming at the mouth because you don't like someone elses opinion.

Drylaw Hearts

Mrowiec had one decent match 1st time round - v Aberdeen away.

His other 5 starts (yes a whole 5 starts) he was played at LM, RM and even CF = he wasn't good enough to get a game in his favoured position.

I think we'd be better giving this guy a large body swerve.

Stats on Adrian Mrowiec;

Last season, his club - Arka Gdynia - finished 1 point above the relegation places in the Ekstraklasa (Poland). Mrowiec played 25 league games and 1 cup game last season.

In the league games he played, Arka Gdynia won 6, drew 6 and lost 13. They also lost their cup tie AET. They conceded 31 goals in the 25 games, an average of 1.24 goals per game, in the 5 games AM didn't appear in, they conceded 8 goals, an average of 1.6 goals. Arka G. conceded 22.5% fewer goals with AM in the team. :thumbsup:

Mrowiec recieved 6 yellow cards plus one red card for a second bookable offence. He scored 1 goal last season (plus a spectacular own goal).

In the 10 games Mrowiec played for Hearts, we only conceded 5 goals, we kept 4 clean sheets in his last 4 games for the club. We won 5 of the games he played, drawing 3 and losing 2.

Victor Meldrew

Excellent news. Clearly a JJ pick, along with the Lithuanian U-21. Great to see JJ being given full autonomy and we're not just repeating the same mistakes as previous years.

Plus as an added bonus this will give rossthejambo and victorian something to frantically try and convince people not to talk about.

And nice to see you're not just repeating the same old posts as in previous years.

This must be like christmas for you - a chance to moan about Kaunas players again. Enjoy.

I'll try and get in and out of this thread before the pavement dancers take over.

I liked Mrowiec when he was here first time around and hoped we would keep both him and Kello at the start of last season so I'm happy for JJ to be having a look over him. As for the young guy, I think we all agree that bringing in young players with potential (and playing U21 for any country shows a decent level of potential IMO) is the way the club should be going so again I'm happy for JJ to make his mind up about him.

I can't be bothered giving my opinions on trials etc as they're not going to make the slightest bit of a difference to anyone on here. :thumbsup:

Guest GhostHunter

The Danish Super League is a Mickey Mouse league.

Mad Vald oot !!!1!

FFS - the World Cup isn't over, and pre season hasn't even started and the ridicule and bashing has started.

Oh, it's going to be a long season.

Charlie-Brown

Mrowiec is a limited player but he did a good job in the european run in under Csaba and as statto posted above his stats in a Hearts jersey were positive in terms of games won, goals conceded etc and he did a decent job as a stopper in various roles and his effort & commitment wasn't in question. Neil Berry was just as limited a player as Mrowiec but perhaps he was more popular because he was a local lad?

Archived