Cheltenham 2008 offical thread

Lt.Speirs

rossthejambo
Good work. I think I will just stick to footy betting in the future :(

Collective couple of hundred? I though it was such a dead cert that I put my whole student loan on it :P

if thats anything like my student loan you won't have lost too much :P

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fat Striker

I needed Artic Times to win after Denman to get anything decent back in a lucky 15

Looked good at one point...

4.40 - Tiger Cry

5.20 - Wanango

To save my festival!

I've got Mister Quasimodo @ 12/1 in the next but I just got a bad feeling towards Maralan @ 10's.

For all those who have no access to the next races;

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/

Click - "Desktop Racing Centre!", then "Cheltenham" on the left and the race time for prices and then "Fence-by-fence live!" come race time!!!

chester copperpot

Ho hum, last race, going for Mon Michel in this one, only got ?8 on it though, am resisting the urge to stick some of my Denham winnings on this one.

Do or die now !

backing physco to get me out of a hole if he wins next !

I now remember why i never touch the horses expect on cheltham !

NOOOO, how close Psycho.

2nd.

If you were listening, what a race!

I listened on Ladbrokes

Sounds like Physco should have won, but the jockey left it too late. Not had the best of luck this week :(

If Psycho had have won, I'd have tripled my winnings.

Never mind, I can lose it all betting at the weekend.

chester copperpot
If Psycho had have won, I'd have tripled my winnings.

Never mind, I can lose it all betting at the weekend.

This thread has been great throughout the festival, thanks guys.

Good to see other jambo's thoughts on the big races. Im very much a big meet gambler too, been good to pick up a few tips.

This thread has been great throughout the festival, thanks guys.

Good to see other jambo's thoughts on the big races. Im very much a big meet gambler too, been good to pick up a few tips.

...on what not to bet.:P

I've got to admit, I've enjoyed the last few days, not normally a horse racing gambler but in future big events I'll get involved.

Luckily I have been off this week so I got to watch the races.

?105 bet. ?126.25 won. Most of my winning come from Crack Away Jack, ?5 E/W at about 14's. I got ?97.50 back for that.:) I wouldn't have had much money to throw away if it wasn't for that one.

Bring on the National!!!

Only had 3 winners the whole festival. Had a forecast on Denman to bt Kauto and had Inglis Drever the day before. Also had e/w money on Bon Accord yesterday.

Better than my brother who managed to win f all, stupid erse had the 66/1 winner in his scoop six but didn't put any other cash on it!

I'm glad thats over for another year. I am absolutely knackered today.

Roll on the Grand National Meeting

:)

Only had three bets in the festival all yesterday. Two winners Celestial Halo and Denman.

Denman was a class act left KS in his wake. How far. :)

Just back from the festival what a day had nassiot which won in a head bobber with kicks for free, celestal halo in a fantastic finish (didnt think i could get so exited about a finish but standing at the winning post and ruby and ap charging past you did it) then it got even better in the gold cup had a big bet on kauto but covered it with denman at 9/4 on course, couldnt see both of them loseing. Defo going back next year it`s my new xmas day cannot wait

Just back from the festival what a day had nassiot which won in a head bobber with kicks for free, celestal halo in a fantastic finish (didnt think i could get so exited about a finish but standing at the winning post and ruby and ap charging past you did it) then it got even better in the gold cup had a big bet on kauto but covered it with denman at 9/4 on course, couldnt see both of them loseing. Defo going back next year it`s my new xmas day cannot wait

i got back on saturday afternoon , great place to go

we backed old vic at 5's and put it all on ingils drever at 6/4

celestal halo was my big bet on friday

had a good bet on forpadydeplaster, covered it with ruby's winner at 8/1

i'll be back next year as well

Archived