Cheltenham 2008 offical thread

Lt.Speirs

chester copperpot
Franchoek wont lose today, its a penalty kick for me that one, I also fancy Lodge lane.

Song of songs in from 8's to 13/2.

The punters like the look of that one, luckily I got the price at 8's.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Song of songs in from 8's to 13/2.

The punters like the look of that one, luckily I got the price at 8's.

Was considering backing it, but too short now for me. Kicks for Free looks a decent each way bet though at 14s

Parson's Pistol at 25s also lloks a decent bet for the 14:50. Beat Uncle Junior last time out, but Junior is 9/1

Also think Kauto should win

Forpadydeplaster 5/1 1.05

Kicks For Free E/W 14/1 1.40

Sound Accord E/W 40/1 2.50

Natiain E/W 16/1 4.05

Mister Quasimodo 12/1 4.40

Psycho 5/1 5.20

Not sure what I'm putting on them yet.

Walter Bishop

CHOMBA WOMBA

FRANCHOEK

PSYCHO

Thats where my cash is going today, not touching the Gold cup, cant decide!!!

Curruthers and Kauto double.

Lucky 15 County Zen, Franchoek, Exotic Dancer, Natain.

Ill be glad when Cheltenham is over.

Say What Again
WTF was Mcoy doing in that first race??? I`d be feckin raging if i had backed him!!!

My mate did - and he is! :mad:

My mate did - and he is! :mad:

McCoy is a ****

Thought Kicks For Free was gonna snatch that last one on the line as well :mad:

Oh well, at least I get some cash for 2nd, but it was so close to being so much better. That's that one to win and Knight's Legend at 50/1 for a place that I have missed out on on the line

rossthejambo

had ?2 E/W on kicks for free so got ?8 back. put ?4 on franchoek and ?2 E/W on exotic dancer in the gold cup.

rossthejambo

well that will teach me to back the favourite. was goin to back ruby walsh as well but listened to some on here instead :mad::P

well that will teach me to back the favourite. was goin to back ruby walsh as well but listened to some on here instead :mad::P

I have a tip...never bet a McCoy horse that's favourite! He always screws up when favoured

Snowy Morning, Aigle D'Or, Franchoek...

rossthejambo
I have a tip...never bet a McCoy horse that's favourite! He always screws up when favoured

Snowy Morning, Aigle D'Or, Franchoek...

i'll keep that in mind. my lesson has definitly been learned!!

Fat Striker
I have a tip...never bet a McCoy horse that's favourite! He always screws up when favouredSnowy Morning, Aigle D'Or, Franchoek...

Fair enough he's not had the best of days so far... but that's hardly true and his stats don't back you up.

Fair enough he's not had the best of days so far... but that's hardly true and his stats don't back you up.

Maybe it's just when I back the ****

I don't have the stats, but I reckon he has a relatively poor record when riding favourites at the major events compared to his rivals

Have to say I agree with you - so many times I have been burnt by backing McCoy when he is the favourite just to see him make a daft mistake when riding the horse.

Tend to avoid him when heavily fancied now.

chester copperpot

The only nag I've won with today is Trafford Lad E/W with a fiver on it. Returned me the princely sum of ?15. :confused:

All my favoured horses have been mince.

Mon Gone to Lunch

Fat Striker
Maybe it's just when I back the ****

I don't have the stats, but I reckon he has a relatively poor record when riding favourites at the major events compared to his rivals

Okay possibly you could argue this has happened at the major events (certainly the Grand National) but in general no I wouldn't agree.

McCoy is a fantastic jockey.

Okay possibly you could argue this has happened at the major events (certainly the Grand National) but in general no I wouldn't agree.

McCoy is a fantastic jockey.

He is in the general racing. his record throughout a season is always exceptional, but I only bet on the bigger races, and McCoy is generally a let down

chester copperpot
He is in the general racing. his record throughout a season is always exceptional, but I only bet on the bigger races, and McCoy is generally a let down

Have stuck a cheeky wee E/W bet on Exotic Dancer, Keep backing McCoy's ponies.

Think I've made an error backing Denman now, wish I'd stuck my cash on Kauto Star.

?50 wasted I think.

had celestial halo ?2 to win and have lumped ?10 e/w on exotic dancer.

had a ?10 double on franchoek and kauto star so thats fecked

WTF was Mcoy doing in that first race??? I`d be feckin raging if i had backed him!!!

I did, he should have been banned for 14 days at least, but because it was Tony McCoy they banned him for 4 days for excessive use of the whip, a feckin disgrace.

rossthejambo

iv done a ?2 each way on exotic dancer and a ?1 tri cast with kauto star, denman and exotic dancer.

as you can tell im a big gambler :rolleyes:

:107years: not used this before so thought id fire it in here for the sake of it :107years:

chester copperpot
andy you sound so down now i take it your ealry week form has not continued. you going tomorrow

Up Tuesday, won a coupon Wed, even yesterday, down today.

Denman winning would sort that all out for me though.

Going tomorrow, mais oui Rodney, mais oui.

Fat Striker

I've got ?5 on Exotic Dancer but I've got Denman in a Lucky 15.

That means Kauto Star is a cert!

chester copperpot
Up Tuesday, won a coupon Wed, even yesterday, down today.

Denman winning would sort that all out for me though.

Going tomorrow, mais oui Rodney, mais oui.

Get in there.

Yaaas, nice wee ton 60 back for Andylad.

Thanks christ for that. Well done all that backed Denman, he was simply awesome that race.

rossthejambo

well thats another 5er down the drain lol. can't argue with that though. totally outclassed the rest of them

chester copperpot
well thats another 5er down the drain lol. can't argue with that though. totally outclassed the rest of them

Now if Natiain can get placed in the next race, I will be loaded for today. After such a poor start and me doubting Denman, glad I stuck 50 sheets on it to win now.

Phew.

rossthejambo
Now if Natiain can get placed in the next race, I will be loaded for today. After such a poor start and me doubting Denman, glad I stuck 50 sheets on it to win now.

Phew.

iv got Los Moulins du Man or somethin like that to win in the next race. hopefully it will make up for my seriously poor choices so far

Great race by Denman

Kauto never looked in it. Wonder if the injury scare had a bit more of an effect than they let on

chester copperpot
Great race by Denman

Kauto never looked in it. Wonder if the injury scare had a bit more of an effect than they let on

Think the ground was a bit heavy for him, the Tank just ate up the course today.

I've been very very lucky this Cheltenham, as both my big bets have came in both days to save my bank balance.

Think the ground was a bit heavy for him, the Tank just ate up the course today.

I've been very very lucky this Cheltenham, as both my big bets have came in both days to save my bank balance.

I have had crap luck!

Two horses getting pipped on the line costing me about 200 quid!

Should have listened to you and John saying Denman would win :(

I'm ?21.25 up over the last 3 days, I've got 3 races left today, my biggest being Natiain E/W, ?10 to win ?220 (?50 for a place).

The other 2, I would win about ?40 each for a win (?4 Mister Quasimodo and ?7 Psycho).

I'm ?21.25 up over the last 3 days, I've got 3 races left today, my biggest being Natiain E/W, ?10 to win ?220 (?50 for a place).

The other 2, I would win about ?40 each for a win (?4 Mister Quasimodo and ?7 Psycho).

I need one of my last 2 to come up to make a profit for the week

Had a cheeky ?2 on Denman at 3.35 at the off.

A stunning ?4.70 profit (after laying off towards the end).

:D

chester copperpot
I need one of my last 2 to come up to make a profit for the week

Suppose you dont want to hear about me being 190 up for the Cheltenham Festival and 210 up for a Footie treble on Wed then :P

400 quid profits a no bad weeks gambling, and still got 3 races left of the festival too, which all bets are accounted for.

I love cheltenham :)

chester copperpot
Big positives for Natiain!

Is that cos of the kickback punters :P

Aye have just noticed that haha.

Surely our collective couple of hundred quid cant drop it that much can it :P

I dont really have a pick for this one, so went with my bro in laws tip, which are usually a pile of pish

Natiain seems to slow up when approaching the fences.

He's quick enough on the ground but not doing too god just now.

About 8th-ish

chester copperpot

I dont really have a pick for this one, so went with my bro in laws tip, which are usually a pile of pish

Fecking Natiain, what a donkey. :P

chester copperpot
Fecking Natiain, what a donkey. :P

My Petra in the next, cant see past that TBH.

Good luck, only 2 left now :sad:

Suppose you dont want to hear about me being 190 up for the Cheltenham Festival and 210 up for a Footie treble on Wed then :P

400 quid profits a no bad weeks gambling, and still got 3 races left of the festival too, which all bets are accounted for.

I love cheltenham :)

Good work. I think I will just stick to footy betting in the future :(

Collective couple of hundred? I though it was such a dead cert that I put my whole student loan on it :P

Archived