Sunderland v Everton

Coco

Had an enjoyable trip down to watch the game yesterday, as we didn't have a game.

Sunderland's ground is impressive, great view of the pitch, plenty bars and snack stalls in the ground concourse. Nice and handy for the city centre (was my first visit and was not really impressed with the city centre).

I was surprised - having heard about the Roker roar at the previous ground, how little support for the team/atmosphere there was in the ground. We sat right next to the Everton fans and for a team pushing for a CL place they were quiet too.

Game was not the best I've been too - Everton really shut the game down. Was won by a moment of class by the 2 best outfield players on the park - tremendous cross in by Arteta and a great run by Johnson. Thought that the Sunderland defence looked quite strong - but where they really lacked any class/ability was going forward. Don't think there are many goals in that team.

Craig Gordon picked up his twenty or thirty grand easy this week - couple of kicks but otherwise all he had to do was pick the ball out of the net.

Anyone else at the game?

dunciboyjambo

I am going next week mate to Sunderland Chelsea...Was at the Sunderland Newcastle game a few months back and though it was class...

Had an enjoyable trip down to watch the game yesterday, as we didn't have a game.

Sunderland's ground is impressive, great view of the pitch, plenty bars and snack stalls in the ground concourse. Nice and handy for the city centre (was my first visit and was not really impressed with the city centre).

I was surprised - having heard about the Roker roar at the previous ground, how little support for the team/atmosphere there was in the ground. We sat right next to the Everton fans and for a team pushing for a CL place they were quiet too.

Game was not the best I've been too - Everton really shut the game down. Was won by a moment of class by the 2 best outfield players on the park - tremendous cross in by Arteta and a great run by Johnson. Thought that the Sunderland defence looked quite strong - but where they really lacked any class/ability was going forward. Don't think there are many goals in that team.

Craig Gordon picked up his twenty or thirty grand easy this week - couple of kicks but otherwise all he had to do was pick the ball out of the net.

Anyone else at the game?

Spoke last night to a Mackem who'd been at the game and he reckoned CG was "OK" but his kicking was suspect - whatever that meant.

Anyone else at the game?

He is on 40 grand a week unless I'm mistaken.

Spoke last night to a Mackem who'd been at the game and he reckoned CG was "OK" but his kicking was suspect - whatever that meant.

He knocked the ball out of play a couple of times on backpasses. So it was suspect in that he didn't set up attacks or QoS style score!

I thought that the Sunderland left winger Murphy was terrible - and Andy Driver has the raw material to fit into a team such as Sunderland.

Yeah I was at the game to mate.

First premiership game ive been to. Was really impressed with the stadium, its really something.

The crowd wasnt the best but to be honest sunderland were awful. They have no decent players and there only 2 chances were in the last minute.

Have to say that I think Keane picked the wrong team and tactics.

One upfront at home against a team that has just played and is playin very important UEFA cup game next week, shades of Hearts lol.

That Big Jones was not the best, heard rave reviews about him but wasnt impressed.

Have to say the only thing that was bad about the trip was the football.

Nucky Thompson
Nice and handy for the city centre (was my first visit and was not really impressed with the city centre).

I wouldn't go to Middlesbrough then:)

dunciboyjambo

Was at the Sunderland Chelsea game on Sat and cant believe the amount of Hearts fans that were there...Mind you watching Drogba, Lamps, Gordon, JT, K Jones or Clum, Mole et all and St Mirren...Cant really blame us haha.

Game was ok...

Sunderland is a top night out...

scottish_chicP

Anyone else at the game?

Me and a friend went down, were also right next to the Everton support. Wasn't the best game so sat for a while trying to figure out the songs they were singing.

Archived