USA v Slovenia

The Merse

That decision was so bad I am begining to wonder if the ref is Scottish!

Beggars belief...and they're saying "yeah but he did referee the African Nations Cup final." So what? That was a terrible terrible performance.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst ref i've seen so far at the tournament.He was murder.

Earlier on he gave a foul and a yellow card to a Slovenia player for a clear goalscoring opportunity.

It's either a foul and a red card or it's nothing!

Don't get me started on the yellow card for the ball hitting a players chest.

Just hope Ingerlund's ref is a useless tosser as well.....Rooney off, penalty, goals choppe d off, phantom free kicks.....

Aye. So far it's been a day of whistle happy reffing, wierd decisions and surprises. We can but hope it continues tonight.

He should have shown a red card earlier too. Denying a goal scoring opportunity by taking the guy out on the edge of the box is as good a reason for a red I've seen so far!

He should have shown a red card earlier too. Denying a goal scoring opportunity by taking the guy out on the edge of the box is as good a reason for a red I've seen so far!

I'm struggling to see how it could be more clear cut. The linesman flagged immediately. You might say that he was moving away from goal but he picks up the ball dead centre and the boy's right footed so he would move right.

And that disallowed goal. That's a criminal decision.....

ArcticJambo

thinnk a red would have been harsh imo ... had it been given against us (Hearts or Scotland) I certainly wouldnt have been chuffed. While he was running onto the ball he would have had to get away a perfect shot moving away from the goal.

Anything less than a win for England will really put them in the muck. If they dont get an early goal its gonna be fun.

Quite pleased the Slovenians got a result, as I said I tipped them to do the other day. I thought they seemed to be unfairly dismissed in this group by the 'experts' before a ball was kicked. For example, Adrian Chiles said on Sunday "we just have to beat Algeria and Slovenia by more than the USA".dry.gif

Good game, had to laugh at Hansen at half time 'the law of averages says i will get something right, Slovenia will win this' should have thrown half my money on a draw and half on a usa win right there and then

The Old Tolbooth

That was definitely the best game of the tourney so far, cant believe the Yanks goal was ruled out at the end though, that ref was murder!

Buffalo Bill

AWESOME AW-FENSIVE PLAY IN THE SCOREZONE

FROM THE USA SOCCER ATHLETES!

GIRUY LAWSON!

263928ronald-and-nancy-reagan-posters.jpg

USA! USA! USA!

Buffalo Bill

Looks like Buffalo Bills team of the tourney is heading to the exit doors.

:D

USA!

USA!

USA!

the-golden-girls.jpg

Archived