Public sector wasters!!!!!!!

grumpyjambo

I certainly appreciate frontline public service workers in the nhs, emergency services etc. As someone who is self employed I have had to work my arse off for every penny I've had over the last 20 years. I am a tradesman and can see the other side of this debate when I see local council workers in the building trade. I know some of them who wouldn,t (and couldn,t) go back to what they did. They have a van each and all go to jobs together. Normally 2 work while 2 watch. That is a genuine experience of what I have observed over the last good few years. It seems to me that their bosses have no accountability. This is also been confirmed, bosses- accountability, by a mate of mine who now works at an Inland Revenue call centre.

This is just my views. There are lots of public depts which I have no doubt are well run and, value for money. Unfortunately vfm falls short in other areas.

Agree to a certain extent re council tax bills, well for Edinburgh anyway, they are ludicrously high. That mob don't have a clue how to run a tuck shop. Just wait till the trams are up and running, they never make a penny and you can be sure, we'll pay for it.

How do you think the proposed local income tax will work. I am not sure of it. I don't think 3p would cover the bills. Would like to see some projections on this.

The Mighty Thor
The Dept that I work, sorry that just isn't the case. EVERY penny is counted for, and financial prudence is scrupulous. 'Inpetitude' levels are way lower than any of the private sector employers I've worked with. In fact, I'd love to see some of the diddys I've worked with in the private sector come in here to work, they would be so far out their depth they'd sink.

Agree to a certain extent re council tax bills, well for Edinburgh anyway, they are ludicrously high. That mob don't have a clue how to run a tuck shop. Just wait till the trams are up and running, they never make a penny and you can be sure, we'll pay for it.

I should have qualified that statement by saying 'corporate ineptitude and mismanagement' The NHS is a great example of how to take a huge budget and actually deliver a fraction of it to frontline services.

The trams is a subject best left alone. It generally raises my BP to levels that are beyond healthy!

I'm turning into the Daily Mail's target audience :)

Private Sector= rips you off in the effort to make maximum profit

Public Sector= attempts to help people but is never recognised

Private Sector= rips you off in the effort to make maximum profit

Public Sector= attempts to help people but is never recognised

Unfortunately it is not as black, white or simple as that. I know where you are coming from, but it is getting the median output on all concerned that is the hard bit.

davemclaren
?30k+ with 12 weeks off a year? Plus public holidays? As an umpromoted teacher?

What do promoted teachers make?

Don't know of I misunderstood you Dave, but people are complaining about this?

I couldn't possibly comment as my marriage could be at risk. :whistling:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/latestnews/39Sicknote-Scotland39-costs-1bn-a.3858840.jp

Privatise the public sector and the amount of sick days will drop immediatly. Let them get real jobs in the private sector and see what real stress is, and dont get me started on their pensions!!!!!!

The statistic in the article of one in TWENTY Civil Servants suffering long term sickness is astounding in itself but there's an equally astonishing story in todays Times.

Two MOD Civil Servants have recently received over ?200,000 compensation each - one for back strain incurred when lifting a printer :eek: the other for chronic fatigue. This is at a time when soldiers losing limbs are compensated to the tune of ?57,000.

That one made me laugh. It really did.

:4_1_72::4_1_72:

Would you prefer the media didn't ask questions and left public sector organisations to their own devices?

Archived