The Stones In Exile.

benny

Should be worth a look.One of my favourite lps of all time.BBC1 22.25. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but I have just watched as much as I could take of it - and it really has confirmed my thoughts... " classic album"? Who says?

I will admit to never having been a huge stones fan, but having been around as long as them (I was 12 when this came out), I can never remember any conversations about music with any of my mates either then or now when someone has said to me "you really need to hear Exile on Mainstreet - its a classic" Granted there's a couple of great songs on it - Tumbling Dice and Happy, but the rest is sheer pap in my opinion.

No wonder primal scream are just as cra p too, given that their sound plaigarises "exile" era stones to the hilt.

Rant over !

:verymad:

Johanes de Silentio

Sorry, but I have just watched as much as I could take of it - and it really has confirmed my thoughts... " classic album"? Who says?

I will admit to never having been a huge stones fan, but having been around as long as them (I was 12 when this came out), I can never remember any conversations about music with any of my mates either then or now when someone has said to me "you really need to hear Exile on Mainstreet - its a classic" Granted there's a couple of great songs on it - Tumbling Dice and Happy, but the rest is sheer pap in my opinion.

No wonder primal scream are just as cra p too, given that their sound plaigarises "exile" era stones to the hilt.

Rant over !

Yup - after hearing again and again what a classic album this is meant to be, I was crushingly disappointed when I actually heard it.

:verymad:

Archived