british army hats off

troonjambo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7282849.stm (full story)

Flt Lt Michelle Goodman, 31, who became the first woman to win the Distinguished Flying Crosses after she flew her Merlin helicopter under heavy fire into central Basra to pick up a wounded soldier, saving his life, in June 2007

L/Cpl Donald Campbell, 26, from South Uist, who drove a tractor into an enemy zone in Afghanistan while under fire to shore up a ditch, allowing his colleagues to cross

Pte Cole, from Wolverhampton, a Territorial Army soldier attached to the Mercian Regiment, was praised in a Ministry of Defence citation for his "remarkable gallantry".

He was shot in the leg and hip during a two-hour night-time gun battle in Helmand province, Afghanistan, in September 2007, but refused morphine so he could carry on fighting and giving first aid to comrades.

outstanding absolutely outstanding dont get me wrong i wish all our boys and girls were back in barracks out off harms way but hats off to these guys and all our people in harms way yesterday today and tomorrow

I P Knightley

Flt Lt Michelle Goodman, 31, who became the first woman to win the Distinguished Flying Crosses after she flew her Merlin helicopter under heavy fire into central Basra to pick up a wounded soldier, saving his life, in June 2007

Bravery medal to the blokes who let a pretty little woman have a shot in a big, loud, noisy, expensive helicopter ;)

Bring 'em home.

Actually, ALL of the British armed forces rule.

I salute each and every one of you.

jamboinglasgow
Actually, ALL of the British armed forces rule.

I salute each and every one of you.

Too right, my brother is an officer in the Royal Navy enjoying his first tour of duty in the sea around the gulf. Proud of him serving the country even if not happening (which I guess is a good thing.)

The bravery these soldiers have shown warms your heart. They are trying to help the people and facing heavy fire yet still have courage when faced with someone trying to shoot them.

coppercrutch
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7282849.stm (full story)

L/Cpl Donald Campbell, 26, from South Uist, who drove a tractor into an enemy zone in Afghanistan while under fire to shore up a ditch, allowing his colleagues to cross

Pte Cole, from Wolverhampton, a Territorial Army soldier attached to the Mercian Regiment, was praised in a Ministry of Defence citation for his "remarkable gallantry".

He was shot in the leg and hip during a two-hour night-time gun battle in Helmand province, Afghanistan, in September 2007, but refused morphine so he could carry on fighting and giving first aid to comrades.

outstanding absolutely outstanding dont get me wrong i wish all our boys and girls were back in barracks out off harms way but hats off to these guys and all our people in harms way yesterday today and tomorrow

True heroes.

Yet what do we get on a TV special ?

A show about a British 'hero' who kicked a guy in the head who was on fire.

Just about sums up how ****ed up this country has become.

True heroes.

Yet what do we get on a TV special ?

A show about a British 'hero' who kicked a guy in the head who was on fire.

Just about sums up how ****ed up this country has become.

absolutely agree Pte Cole not even a regular refused morphine different class

I doubt any other countrys military could match ours for bravery,just a pity our military cannot wear uniform in public like they do in the U.S. Real heroes each and every one.

nanananananana-angus

I know the MOD are a bunch of tight wads but I didn't realise it had gotten so bad.

The army going into battle on tractors,what next,the RAF chucking grenades out of hot air balloons or the RN in Type 23 pedallos.I'm glad I got out when I did.;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
I doubt any other countrys military could match ours for bravery,just a pity our military cannot wear uniform in public like they do in the U.S. Real heroes each and every one.

They can, not so long ago they were once again allowed to wear it.

Sure i heard this. not before time.

jamboinglasgow

it is very sad indeed. The problem is the public dont seperate the poltics from the service men and women. They do their duty wherever they are sent and do their job in the best they can do. I am pleased there are now homecoming parades for soldiers as they need to be shown that the public apprecates what they do.

The MOD is a joke sometimes in the way it leads and the goverment are blithering fools who dont realise that if you dont put more money into the armed forces then things are going to get worse.

Proud of everyone who wears a uniform of the British military and gives their everything for the service of the country.

nanananananana-angus

After the threat from the IRA died down personnel were allowed to wear their uniform in public.If you ask me it's not worth the hassle,it isn't just ****ed off muslims and anti war protesters who are likely to give servicemen grief and I always felt the need to be looking over my shoulder whenever I wore my uniform of base.

Archived