Rituals

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

Are there any peculiar rituals out there in JKB land you might like to share. Maybe superstitions, maybe just things you do 'just because' - e.g. spitting on the Heart of Midlothian outside St Giles'.

I ask because for the last 4 weeks my cycle route home has taken me through Connaught Square and past the heavily (armed) policed and double yellow lined (both sides of the road) residence of Tony & Cherie Blair. I now reverentially slow down each time I pass and empty both nostrils onto the road near their front door.

I'm not normally superstitious but ever since starting this ritual, I have never once been knocked off my bike and killed by a careless motorist.

There could be something in it...

I spit on the Heart Of Midlothian. Some jambos do ,some don't. Curious to see howmany do.

I also have a ritual of a last fag before bed. Even if I've just stubbed one out, and then decide it's bed time, I still light another.

Drives the missus mental!

I have to turn the light off and on 23 times every time i enter a different room or my family and friends will all die. :sad:

Ray Winstone

I always kit up right hand side first before I play sports of any sort.

Stewart MacD
I find spitting a disgusting habit! :eek:

Unhealthy and illegal, surely?

I have to turn the light off and on 23 times every time i enter a different room or my family and friends will all die. :sad:

You should do it real fast, see if you can get some sort of strobe light effect :P

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I never cut my toenails on a Sunday

My Grandfather to my dad it was bad luck and he told me

I havent died yet so it obviously works

Hilary Briss

I wore the same maroon boxers for every game on our run under Burley.........I washed them between games though, honest :)

I think they went in the bucket a few games into Rix's reign !!!

A Hearts fan would never spit on the Heart of Midlothian.

Spitting on it for good luck is an urban myth thought up to explain to tourists why some of our citizens (hobos) are disgusting slime.

Pete Seeger
A Hearts fan would never spit on the Heart of Midlothian.

Spitting on it for good luck is an urban myth thought up to explain to tourists why some of our citizens (hobos) are disgusting slime.

I've never actually thought about why we spit on it. I just do. But that's a reasonable view point, if I wasn't into my routine of doing it I would stop :)

I always lay out my cup with tea bag in it & sugar, also my bowl & spoon along with a filled kettle before I go to bed. When I get up at 4.45am my clothes are all laid out for me & then I proceed to use said facilities.

If this doesn't happen, I begin the day in a very bad mood.

My wife thinks I ma the biggest arsehole in the world for doing all this & will often make some derogatory remark as she goes to take a **** before bedtime.

I'm organised, she is not. Yet, I am always more stressed.

:1132:

Archived