Grant Mcnicoll's Testimonial Match

peter snr

The former Hearts player Grant Mcnicoll is having a testimonial for ten years service at Berwick Rangers,a Berwick Select will be playing a Gary Mackay Select(Former Hearts Players) on Sunday the 6th of April at Shielfield Park,2-30pm ko.

Tickets are priced ?7/?3 adults/children at gate or visit http://www.micnic.co.uk

tickets are also available at-

Colin Cambell Sports,Edinburgh.

The Hearts Superstore/City Store.

Shieldfield Park,Berwick(on match Saturdays).

Other outlets in Berwick.

Mods,is there any chance of making this a sticky till the 6th of April.

Grants a good lad, used to know him when we were kids.

He's been a decent player for the wee Gers, hope there are a few at the game. I'll be there!

Anyone know his wee sister Rhona? Verrrrrrrrry tidy:p

brellierlegend

Do not know his sister but played for North Merchi with his brother Keith who was a good guy.

heartyharry

this sounds a good Sunday day out for an ex jambo,it would be good to see former hearts players in a starting 11 again.does anyone know if there social club will be open for this occasion?:food-smiley-004:

the voice from above
Will ask who is all commited to playing and post the morn.

I think the details about the bars opening hours are the priority but the more info the better...

He's been a decent player for the wee Gers, hope there are a few at the game. I'll be there!

Steady lad but you've got a got a point:p

Henry Smith, Wattie Kidd ,Alan McLaren, Jimmy Sandison, Brian Hamilton ,Darren Jackson ,Gary MacKay , Scott Crabbe ,possibly Robbo, Dave Mac, Colin Scott, and a few others.;)

portobellojambo1
Henry Smith, Wattie Kidd ,Alan McLaren, Jimmy Sandison, Brian Hamilton ,Darren Jackson ,Gary MacKay , Scott Crabbe ,possibly Robbo, Dave Mac, Colin Scott, and a few others.;)

How many a side is it. :rolleyes:

JohnnyPunter

The same team are playing at the Hearts Academy against a certain charity squad on Sunday, 6.30KO!!!;)

CornhillHearts

The date coincides with another game, so its not clear whom is all available, as for Sunday should be a few ringers in the Hearts team, a certain train driver included.

this sounds a good Sunday day out for an ex jambo,it would be good to see former hearts players in a starting 11 again.does anyone know if there social club will be open for this occasion?:food-smiley-004:

I know Bill McNicoll and he tells me that the Black and Gold Club at the Ground should be open before and after the game - Bill will let me know when this is confirmed and I will post.

The date coincides with another game, so its not clear whom is all available, as for Sunday should be a few ringers in the Hearts team, a certain train driver included.

McPherson, Les Mack and Lee Turner????

championsleaguefan

I know them both your right she is no bad.

Grant how ever is a bit on the ugly side think he was adopted.

the voice from above
I know them both your right she is no bad.

Grant how ever is a bit on the ugly side think he was adopted.

Grant is a good guy if a bit on the grumpy side, his brother is a total tramp though!!!:107years:

Bill McNicoll has asked that I let you all know that the Black and Gold Club at the Ground will be OPEN from 12 noon and also after the game. The players will also attend the Club after the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Nucky Thompson

The last time I watched Hearts down there I missed the last train and it cost me ?60 for a taxi:mw_rolleyes:

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Going to be there with my other half.

Always had a good time in Berwick upon Tweed whenever I've been there before.

Is there still that 'Scotland FC' graffiti on the wall opposite the train station?

Had lunch with Bill yesterday and he confirms that Henry,Robbo, Dave MacPherson, Tosh Mackinlay, Scott Leitch, Gary Mackay, Paul Smith, Walter Kidd are all playing.

The Black and Gold Social Club will be open from 12.00

done his hammy in ;)

Dirk Diggler

Team -

Smith

Kidd

MacPherson

Callaghan

McKinlay

Mackay

Hamilton

Black

Fulton

Robbo

Foster.

Subs -

Quitongo

Leitch

Ritchie

Jackson

Irvine

Sandison

Crabbe

McNaughton.

Scorers for Hearts -

Black (2)

Quitongo

Grant McNicoll with a last min pen. :)

All info recieved via text msg, Apologies for any inacuracies.

Team -

Smith

Kidd

MacPherson

Callaghan

McKinlay

Mackay

Hamilton

Black

Fulton

Robbo

Foster.

Subs -

Quitongo

Leitch

Ritchie

Jackson

Irvine

Sandison

Crabbe

McNaughton.

Scorers for Hearts -

Black (2)

Quitongo

Grant McNicoll with a last min pen. :)

All info recieved via text msg, Apologies for any inacuracies.

some inaccuracies but still a nice day out clearly if Stevie Frail wants to show what it means to be a Hearts player he could have taken them to Berwick today to see real legends.

lovely wee day out,my wee boy was one of the hearts mascots,a big thanks to mackay,wattie kidd,wee robbo,and jose quitongo,as one of the posters has said,even now you can see what it means to them to put on the maroon jersey.

Doctor FinnBarr
lovely wee day out,my wee boy was one of the hearts mascots,a big thanks to mackay,wattie kidd,wee robbo,and jose quitongo,as one of the posters has said,even now you can see what it means to them to put on the maroon jersey.

Just a pity Vlad wasn,t around to see that one!:)

what time did you and my fat friend get home peter.

We left the golf tavern at 9-30 and went back to the miners till closeing time

tolcross lad

A great day and a good tribute to a Grant who has a sense of loyalty just like his dad Billy,a Hearts fan who used to play for Boroughmuir Rugby Club.Grant took 2 penalties 1 for Berwick and one for the Hearts Legends.

Great stuff from all those smashing Hearts players from the past.To put the time in.Henry Smith pulled off an amazing save and Kenny Black scored a superb chipped goal over the excellent goalkeeper ,Gary OConnor.

Davie Bowman ran around as usual kicking people but not too hard.He even had a smile on his face.

The level of fitness displayed by Gary Mackay,Jimmy Sandison,Scott Crabbe,Kenny Black was superb for guys of their age.

Robbo who still shows his predatory skills unfortunately took off his jersey to give to Grant and someone thought that he was really a Sumo wrestler.Nevertheless he managed to earn dubious penalty when Robbie Horn fouled him in the box.

A memorable day.With players and fans mixing in the Black and Gold Social Club afterwards.A tribute to a loyal club servant,rare in these days and to a Hearts fan who was a prospect and who never quite made the grade.

Archived