What do they base it on?

Robbo27_22

Being a boring old fart who works 27 hours a day, 9 days a week just now, I thought I would pop over to hibs.net and see their version of things.

The common thing I picked up on is that they always seem to refer to themselves as the better team. What is this based on? Certainly nothing I've seen in the 30 years of derbies I've been around for.

Apparently, we only won because we wanted it more. Desire is a huge factor, granted. However, do you not have to play football to win a football match?

I raised this topic with a friend last week - Hearts fans always seem very quick (too quick most of the time!) to criticise. Hibs seem incapable of doing this. Today was another prime example of being vastly outplayed - how that finished a 2-1 game is way beyond me.

We were better in every aspect, bar finishing. They finished 1 of 2 chances so I'll give them that. We had controlled aggression as opposed to their kick everything that moved attitude (helped immensely by Gollum), we had more pace than them all over the park, our passing was crisper and more incisive and our defending was more effective.

Some have admitted to that but still a huge number who think they are the better team.

It's fine with me - whilst the fans and their manager think this is the case, they'll never get dramatically better.

gorgie rd eh11

One thing hibs are good at is P.R. b*llsh*t. HMFC have been the better team for the majority of Edinburgh's football history, the stats prove that. hibs have always tried to deflect away from these facts by inventing the flair:teehee:, underdog:teehee:, type crap. They've been reasonably successful in picking up the the gullible, shallow, football supporter.

It's down to attitude!

And I don't think H*bs played all that badly - they played as well as they were allowed to.

Once and for all we could put all that hype (sorry, sh*te) to bed about flair and teaching the Brazilians.

Miller Jambo 60

It's down to attitude!

And I don't think H*bs played all that badly - they played as well as they were allowed to.

Once and for all we could put all that hype (sorry, sh*te) to bed about flair and teaching the Brazilians.

Rat boy was shat, should have worried us, another tramp.

Miller, never saw him, is he a Collins clone, poof then.

BENJI my fav pointed heid man, look at his heid.

Their keeper, another bomb scare.

stevenson bent as a 9 bob note.

IAN JUDAS MURRAY, luv a 50 50 wi that streek of pash.

The rest unknown.

BINGO HUGHES , just a slavering aerse ,who cant match big JIMrolleyes.gif

Rat boy was shat, should have worried us, another tramp.

Miller, never saw him, is he a Collins clone, poof then.

BENJI my fav pointed heid man, look at his heid.

Their keeper, another bomb scare.

stevenson bent as a 9 bob note.

IAN JUDAS MURRAY, luv a 50 50 wi that streek of pash.

The rest unknown.

BINGO HUGHES , just a slavering aerse ,who cant match big JIMrolleyes.gif

That's beautiful Doug, just lovely :thumbsup:

Being a boring old fart who works 27 hours a day, 9 days a week just now, I thought I would pop over to hibs.net and see their version of things.

The common thing I picked up on is that they always seem to refer to themselves as the better team. What is this based on? Certainly nothing I've seen in the 30 years of derbies I've been around for.

Apparently, we only won because we wanted it more. Desire is a huge factor, granted. However, do you not have to play football to win a football match?

I raised this topic with a friend last week - Hearts fans always seem very quick (too quick most of the time!) to criticise. Hibs seem incapable of doing this. Today was another prime example of being vastly outplayed - how that finished a 2-1 game is way beyond me.

We were better in every aspect, bar finishing. They finished 1 of 2 chances so I'll give them that. We had controlled aggression as opposed to their kick everything that moved attitude (helped immensely by Gollum), we had more pace than them all over the park, our passing was crisper and more incisive and our defending was more effective.

Some have admitted to that but still a huge number who think they are the better team.

It's fine with me - whilst the fans and their manager think this is the case, they'll never get dramatically better.

To improve in life, first you have to recognise your own faults. They aren't capable of doing this. Long may it continue.

Jam Tarts 1874

Amoebas are more intelligent than your average hobo. Despite all our recent problems and struggles, the best the flairmeisters could do was 6 games unbeaten against us before today. They are a shambles and I would be prepared to bet that they won't have ratboy and the stroker Stokes next season, thereby leaving the way clear for us to have another lengthy spell of dominance.

Archived