NESSIE FOSSIL?

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Loch Ness Fossil?

03-Mar-2008

Click to enlarge

There is new evidence in the search for the Loch Ness Monster. A fossil of a giant "sea monster" has been discovered on an Arctic island. This doesn't explain how it might have gotten to Scotland, but it does show that such creatures did once exist.:eek:

In BBC News, Paul Rincon quotes Paleontologist Angela Milner as saying, "One hundred and fifty million years ago, Svalbard [the island on which the fossils were discovered] was not so near the North Pole, there was no ice cap and the climate was much warmer than it is today."

It appears to be a fossil of a plesiosaur, which were a group of extinct reptiles that lived in oceans during the age of the dinosaurs. Ricon quotes researcher Richard Forrest as saying, "Even in classic fossil exposures such as you have in Dorset [in England], there are cliffs eroding over many years and every so often something pops up. But we haven't had 40 plesiosaurs from Dorset in 200 years."

He quotes Norwegian explorer Jorn Hurum as saying, "A large pliosaur was big enough to pick up a small car in its jaws and bite it in half." So if Nessie is still around, we wouldn't want to meet her! :eek:

Nelly Terraces
Loch Ness Fossil?

03-Mar-2008

Click to enlarge

There is new evidence in the search for the Loch Ness Monster. A fossil of a giant "sea monster" has been discovered on an Arctic island. This doesn't explain how it might have gotten to Scotland, but it does show that such creatures did once exist.:eek:

In BBC News, Paul Rincon quotes Paleontologist Angela Milner as saying, "One hundred and fifty million years ago, Svalbard [the island on which the fossils were discovered] was not so near the North Pole, there was no ice cap and the climate was much warmer than it is today."

It appears to be a fossil of a plesiosaur, which were a group of extinct reptiles that lived in oceans during the age of the dinosaurs. Ricon quotes researcher Richard Forrest as saying, "Even in classic fossil exposures such as you have in Dorset [in England], there are cliffs eroding over many years and every so often something pops up. But we haven't had 40 plesiosaurs from Dorset in 200 years."

He quotes Norwegian explorer Jorn Hurum as saying, "A large pliosaur was big enough to pick up a small car in its jaws and bite it in half." So if Nessie is still around, we wouldn't want to meet her! :eek:

Jeezuz! Suppose it would gie Fred a decent excuse for being late for work "Sorry boss, a dino ate ma motor!"

flintmobile.jpg

God! What more evidence do they need ! I always knew Nessie existed :o

Damn you non believers:hae52::girl_hug::hae48:

Jabba, wait till you see "The Water Horse", it's all quite clearly explained.

Shame it wasn't filmed on Loch Ness though..... :rolleyes:

People think they see Nessie because they are looking for Nessie.

I remember watching a documentary where they took a bunch of tourists to Loch Ness and made the top of a fence post appear above the water for 10 seconds.

Everyone had 10 seconds to study it, see the shape of it etc....

They let it disappear and then gave everyone a pencil and a pad of paper and asked them to draw what they saw.

Guess what everyone drew..... You got it! A big long curved neck with eyes, a nose and a mouth. One guy even drew scales on it.

They then showed everyone the video, and let the fence post appear from under the water again, just to show them how stupid they were.

That's how powerful suggestion is. It can make you see things that aren't there, because your brain expects to see them.

it's how hypnotists work, it's how magicians work, it's how psychics work as well.

I remember watching a documentary where they took a bunch of tourists to Loch Ness and made the top of a fence post appear above the water for 10 seconds.

They let it disappear and then gave everyone a pencil and a pad of paper and asked them to draw what they saw.

Guess what everyone drew..... You got it! A big long curved neck with eyes, a nose and a mouth. One guy even drew scales on it.

They then showed everyone the video, and let the fence post appear from under the water again, just to show them how stupid they were.

That's how powerful suggestion is. It can make you see things that aren't there, because your brain expects to see them.

it's how hypnotists work, it's how magicians work, it's how psychics work as well.

That explains the Hibs flair myth

...and all religious beliefs.

Well, I wasn't planning on hijacking the thread and turning it into a religious debate, but of course I agree....

Ha! .. You just wait Pal :hae48:

Nessie really cant stand non-believers like you ,I know ! she told me...

:hae52:

She said she was gona swim down to the bottom and find a big cavern and wait for another 30 years before surfacing again :sad:

YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE !!!!!!

There is only one way you can redeem yourself !

Travel up to Loch Ness get in a small rowing boat and row out to the middle, then at the top of your voice shout "NESSIE PLEASE FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE... I LOVE YOU !...I DO" ... 400 times :mad:

Maybe ,just maybe she will forgive you and surface again but I doubt it !

God! why dont folk like you refuse to believe monsters exist ?

Have you never seen Davie Dodds? ....

Stevie Fulton ?

I rest my case :cool:

Archived