U19s game today v Hamilton Off

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Yet again the U19s are left without a game as today's match against Hamilton has been called off due to frost.

They have played just two games since Dec 12th, so any match fitness they had must have gone. It is not much help to someone like Conrad Balatoni, who could have been in line for a start on Saturday, given our shortage of central defenders.

Summer football for U19s perhaps ???

The Treasurer

Yet again the U19s are left without a game as today's match against Hamilton has been called off due to frost.

They have played just two games since Dec 12th, so any match fitness they had must have gone. It is not much help to someone like Conrad Balatoni, who could have been in line for a start on Saturday, given our shortage of central defenders.

How would summer football for the U19's help get them match fit if they get called into the first team

Charlie-Brown

They will end up playing 2 or more games a week to fulfill the fixture card once pitches become playable again once this seemingly never ending winter weather finally clears.

jamboinglasgow

They will end up playing 2 or more games a week to fulfill the fixture card once pitches become playable again once this seemingly never ending winter weather finally clears.

to be fair the one saving grace is that there is no reserve football so they will end up doing what happened last season with a mid week game and a saturday game every week.

Shame they cant get a game, I do think that there should be under-soil heated pitches for U19s, or even play one or two matches at Tynie as there is not a game for another two and a half weeks.

Charlie-Brown

to be fair the one saving grace is that there is no reserve football so they will end up doing what happened last season with a mid week game and a saturday game every week.

Shame they cant get a game, I do think that there should be under-soil heated pitches for U19s, or even play one or two matches at Tynie as there is not a game for another two and a half weeks.

This would prove too expensive for most clubs to operate for minor fixtures that bring in zero revenue to cover costs.

jamboinglasgow

This would prove too expensive for most clubs to operate for minor fixtures that bring in zero revenue to cover costs.

fair enough, just need something to be done though.

Nucky Thompson

A bit quick in calling it off :down: Just like yesterday, the frost will have disappeared by 11am

Footballfirst

I got a text to say that a bounce game had been arranged among the U19s for the all weather pitch this afternoon. I arrived after it had started but the "probables" beat the "possibles" 2-0. Darren Murray refereed the game with Gary Locke and John Murray watching from the sidelines and Jeffries joined them for the 2nd half. The possibles contained two new Lithuanian trialists, another Marius ?? at CB and a Tomas ?? at Centre M/F. Neither looked particularly impressive. I believe that that the other two, Marius Zukovas and Edvinas Petkus have returned home.

The scratch side was bolstered with a couple of over age players in Ryan Wallace and David Armstrong, although neither completed the match. Ryan Wallace hirpled away on crutches with an ankle injury and Armstrong went off with cramp in his hamstrings.

There is still snow lying on one third of the U19s pitch so it may remain unplayable for a while yet. Their last game at Riccarton was back on the 31st October, such has been the affect of the weather.

Hearts next game is due to be against Hibs at East Mains on Saturday morning. Hibs continued their poor run of form losing 5-2 at home to Motherwell earlier today

Charlie-Brown

I got a text to say that a bounce game had been arranged among the U19s for the all weather pitch this afternoon. I arrived after it had started but the "probables" beat the "possibles" 2-0. Darren Murray refereed the game with Gary Locke and John Murray watching from the sidelines and Jeffries joined them for the 2nd half. The possibles contained two new Lithuanian trialists, another Marius ?? at CB and a Tomas ?? at Centre M/F. Neither looked particularly impressive. I believe that that the other two, Marius Zukovas and Edvinas Petkus have returned home.

The scratch side was bolstered with a couple of over age players in Ryan Wallace and David Armstrong, although neither completed the match. Ryan Wallace hirpled away on crutches with an ankle injury and Armstrong went off with cramp in his hamstrings.

There is still snow lying on one third of the U19s pitch so it may remain unplayable for a while yet. Their last game at Riccarton was back on the 31st October, such has been the affect of the weather.

Hearts next game is due to be against Hibs at East Mains on Saturday morning. Hibs continued their poor run of form losing 5-2 at home to Motherwell earlier today

The run of injuries is incredible - cage fighting would appear to be less hazardous! :laugh:

jamboinglasgow

Did anyone stand out, and what were the teams?

Footballfirst

Did anyone stand out, and what were the teams?

Lyness

Murdoch McGowan Balatoni C Hamilton

McKenna Holt Prychynenko Deland

Walker D Smith

J Hamilton

Mullen, Lith 1, Armstrong, O'Hara

McCormack Lith2, Hill, Morton

G Smith Wallace

After Wallace went off DM changed things making both sides play with 10 men, resting D Smith then A Murdoch and putting McKenna back to RB. The numbers were evened up and Murdoch switched sides when Armstrong went off. Best performances were from Holt, Prychynenko and D Smith on one side and Hill, Mullen and G Smith on the other.

Archived