Edinburgh Student Hearts

jambobroch

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamorgan Jambo

I'd just like to interject at this stage that I'm totally shocked to hear the EU Aberdeen SC is still going. i was around EU when it was formed, like most things to do with AFC, in the 1980s. If I remember correctly the founder came from the well known AFC hotspot of Galashiels.

To all current EU Hearts supporters - good luck with the excellently acronymed EUHMFCSC. Going back to the 80s and Mr Mercers time in charge there was a deliberately poorly publicised students gates into the old enclosure which I used on many occasions. And also make sure you're all up and washed in time for Countdown... and ignore the aging trolls on this thread.

Craig Herbertson

I'm still a bit of a novice on kickback but is it fairly normal procedure for someone to offer a positive thread like - I want to start a Hearts fan club - and then have his friends, family, job, lifestyle, reason for living ripped into tiny shreds?

I'm still a bit of a novice on kickback but is it fairly normal procedure for someone to offer a positive thread like - I want to start a Hearts fan club - and then have his friends, family, job, lifestyle, reason for living ripped into tiny shreds?

Great, huh?

POST A PICTURE OF YOUR BUDGIE!!

Common enough.

As I said before, I once tried to set up a Hearts SC at Edinburgh University but found only lukewarm interest. I hope the OP founds one and that it flourishes. Anybody living in Edinburgh should consider going to a game, since Hearts are an Edinburgh institution (as are Hibs).

Common enough.

As I said before, I once tried to set up a Hearts SC at Edinburgh University but found only lukewarm interest. I hope the OP founds one and that it flourishes. Anybody living in Edinburgh should consider going to a game, since Hearts are an Edinburgh institution (as are Hibs).

My flatmates are all pretty good for going to football for the sake of it. Unfortunately, the last game that they all came to was the aberdeen one the other week. That was me, an Aberdeen fan, a German, a Tim, and 4 English lads (1 Man U, 2 Arsenal and a Wigan fan). I'm still getting ripped for that.

Kitster to be played by a Misery-era Kathy Bates, imo.

200px-KathyWilkins1212.jpg

She's well scary. I'm not into that genre .. If i were Buffalo Bill is the only real psycho worth knowing :whistling:

This is a picture of me in 2008, if anyone fancies a pint.

very-Hairy-Guy.jpg

Thank god I got rid of that terrible beard.

Complete and utter crap BB, thats never you.

I saw you in 2008. You had a bobble hat on.

PWNED

To the Op, it's a good idea and I'd definitely join (if I wasn't leaving the Uni in June).

I actually noticed when I started in September that there wasn't one and thought it was a bit strange. I know of a reasonable amount of fans at the Uni so would think you should manage to get it up and running if it's well enough publicised. If Hibs and Aberdeen can manage to keep supporters clubs running there's no reason we shouldn't be able to!

Would be happy enough to help if you plan to do anything about it over the next couple of months anyway.

And to the moaning tax payers, between you all you're paying ?500 000 for me to get through my degree - enjoy! :)

I'm not trying to say everyone there is like that kitster. But when I was there*, so many were shoulder deep in their own arse.

They have this sense of entitlement and an arrogance about them. I don't like it, they're not my kind of people.

* by that I mean visiting the SU

Aye but do you really think the SU gives a good representation of the people there?? Your sample size is far too small and from one category.

I've been to the SU less than 5 times in 2 years, I'd rather go somewhere i enjoy that pose in there.

I hope, for Kira's sake, that photo has had some serious PhotoShopping done to it...blink.gif

Siamese cats don't carry fat very well. :(

Also, going back to the OP briefly, I've made a Facebook group for the BRAND NEW...

EUHMFCSC

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=10150094239790177

A few people're probably going to find a pub to watch the game in on Saturday, so if you're at Edinburgh Uni, join!

Aye but do you really think the SU gives a good representation of the people there?? Your sample size is far too small and from one category.

I've been to the SU less than 5 times in 2 years, I'd rather go somewhere i enjoy that pose in there.

Well 99% of the people in there go to EU, so I'd guess it's a decent enough reflection. I don't go to EU so this is the best example I can draw.

I didn't like the type of people I encountered. So my view wasn't going to be a truly fair and impartial reflection of the place.

loveofthegame

Siamese cats don't carry fat very well. :(

Also, going back to the OP briefly, I've made a Facebook group for the BRAND NEW...

EUHMFCSC

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=10150094239790177

A few people're probably going to find a pub to watch the game in on Saturday, so if you're at Edinburgh Uni, join!

You don't look ANYTHING like i thought you would.....

My flatmates are all pretty good for going to football for the sake of it. Unfortunately, the last game that they all came to was the aberdeen one the other week. That was me, an Aberdeen fan, a German, a Tim, and 4 English lads (1 Man U, 2 Arsenal and a Wigan fan). I'm still getting ripped for that.

What uni are you at?

I think I might be barred from posting on this thread.

Thx for the PM.

Don't see what you've done?

Everything in this thread's looked fine to me.

I think I might be barred from posting on this thread.

Thx for the PM.

Outrageousdown.gif

Can we organise a revolt against the mods ninja.gifwhistling.gif

Anyone actually own a poodle? I hear they are soft and fluffy. Feel free to PM me.

No PM from me. You burnt that little bridge, missy.

I was only after a poodle anyway IJ..I challenge you to find a song so random! :whistling:

Siamese cats don't carry fat very well. sad.gif

Never seen a Siamese cat that colour - hope I didn't hurt her feelings with my crass comment.

ps...before any of you get wide...no, that isn't a 'trying to get a ride off THE INTERNET's cat' post, IMO.laugh.gif

foot note I hate bridges of all sorts. The bridge of doom, Forth road bridge..all the same..the best part of them is the other side ;)

Well 99% of the people in there go to EU, so I'd guess it's a decent enough reflection. I don't go to EU so this is the best example I can draw.

I didn't like the type of people I encountered. So my view wasn't going to be a truly fair and impartial reflection of the place.

Yes but do 99% of EU go to the SU? No.

Highlighting why you may have a problem with students.

Yes but do 99% of EU go to the SU? No.

Highlighting thy you may have a problem with students.

Seeing as I am one, no.

What I have a problem with is pretentious *****, with a smug sense of superiority.

Seeing as I am one, no.

What I have a problem with is pretentious *****, with a smug sense of superiority.

Well I would agree, the SU is filled with that type. However it was the place you chose to drink in.

Well I would agree, the SU is filled with that type. However it was the place you chose to drink in.

My mate offered to take me. ?1.30 a pint or whatever it was sounded nice to me.

You'll forgive me for not having a greater understanding of the social structure at EU. :thumbsup:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

ah, my first edinburgh law Tutorial class meant i had to explain to a girl the difference between merchison castle and tynecastle schools.

Unfortultly i will have to speak up for the sterotype here, the marioty are totally wankers, espeacial in course such as Law, complete 'yahs' who annoy the feck out of you. I went for 5 years, changing my coures a few times because i just could not stand the tossers there. TBF tho there are many sound people who spilt thru the system there but because of the loudmouth tossers many are tar with the same brush !

Anyway, good luck to anyone trying to set up a hearts supporters club, i know one postgraute from napier was trying to set somethng like this up a while ago but do not know if he manage it.

You know, this makes me feel so much better. I applied to Edinburgh University as a mature student and never even got an interview. I don't know if the Niddrie address had an influence on that...... So I went to Sheffield University instead, only discovering when I got there that the department I was in was amongst the best in the country. That was all in the early 1980s. I had a great time, got an excellent education, saw a bit of the world and never looked back. And clearly I didn't miss much.

092.jpg

This is Mr. Squiggles. He kills cats.

shamu.jpg

This is Shamu and he kills whoever he wants!!!!!

:whistling:

I've never posted before, but having just found out that there are Edinburgh University Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs supporters clubs I feel something has to be done!

What I'm asking is are there any students on the go who want to try to set up a club. Obviously a lot of students will be members of other clubs, but imagine the fun even a minibusload of jambo students could have! I go to Edinburgh uni, and I only know of a handful of jambos, but if all the unis got together I reckon a decent wee club could be set up, and it'd bring a bit of Edinburgh identity to a uni dominated by the English.

Anyone up for it? Any advice from some older fans on how to go about setting up a club?

best of luck m8 hope it goes well................

and dont let the some of the ******s on here get to you,its getting more and more like flumps.net on this site every day.........

This is a picture of me in 2008, if anyone fancies a pint.

very-Hairy-Guy.jpg

Thank god I got rid of that terrible beard.

I see you've still got the King Billy sofa BB.

I always had you down as a traditionalist. :thumbsup:

shamu.jpg

This is Shamu and he kills whoever he wants!!!!!

:whistling:

Smiley Shamu?

Kills nobody but orphans.

Cute ones.

He doesn't have the heart for killing anything else.

Thinly veiled, how old are you lets have sex, post imo.

No.

Completely innocent, I have something in common with another poster, post fyi.

However, feel free to live your fantasies through others.

Great idea from the OP. Ignore the old farts like Therapist, PR and Treasurer. They never enjoyed student life and sound just a tad resentful. However, they luckily all got good jobs anyway through hard graft and gaining pwauper experience in the 'university of life' so everyone ends up a winner on this thread. :rolleyes:

Acey you've made the group private, no one I've sent the link to can join.

P.S Stop PM'ing me pictures, you know who you are.

I haven't made it private! It's an Edinburgh University network-only group, though; are you/mates a member of that network?

Archived