Edinburgh Student Hearts

jambobroch

CavySlaveJambo

There are some right numpties on here.

Good luck mate.

Is there a Heriot-Watt supporters club...

I'm there and I know that one of the staff of HWUSA is a supporter (PM me for who!)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However, they luckily all got good jobs anyway through hard graft and gaining pwauper experience in the 'university of life' so everyone ends up a winner on this thread. :rolleyes:

Dave, I had the qualifications to go to university but chose not to as I saw loads of people coming out with degrees they just couldn't use and struggling to get a job. Whenever I get "a tad resentful" about not having a degree, I simply think of all the people who work for me, every one of whom has a degree. <_<

Dave, I had the qualifications to go to university but chose not to as I saw loads of people coming out with degrees they just couldn't use and struggling to get a job. Whenever I get "a tad resentful" about not having a degree, I simply think of all the people who work for me, every one of whom has a degree. <_<

I say hurrah for self-made men who failed to gain entry to university through either a lack of application, willingess or cleverness but still prospered and I say hurrah for people who got degrees through either dad's money, cleverness or having the luck to be good at books n stuff and also went on and prospered.

Hurrah for all of us!

I also add a wee hurrah to those who are too young to have yet made the decision.

broughies tach

Students don't you just love them

They don't even know where they study.

It is not Edinburgh University (or Uni)it is the University of Edinburgh FFS !!!

Time to rethink the acronym

I suspect that due to the rather high number of early kick-offs we have, very few students would be able to get their lazy, unwashed, sponging erses out of bed in time to be able to attend many Hearts matches.

You may regret that comment in years to come when you discover he's your boss, or your bank manager - or your surgeon!

You may regret that comment in years to come when you discover he's your boss, or your bank manager - or your surgeon!

I study history, I doubt I'll ever have a job!

Rather than a strictly Edinburgh Uni based supporters club/bus, why doesn't the OP try to include all of Edinburgh's higher educational seats of learning. Running the bus from a central point, say Potter Row, with a pick up along the way, have a rep/figure head at each of the uni's and colleges to keep people informed of time etc.

Rather than a strictly Edinburgh Uni based supporters club/bus, why doesn't the OP try to include all of Edinburgh's higher educational seats of learning. Running the bus from a central point, say Potter Row, with a pick up along the way, have a rep/figure head at each of the uni's and colleges to keep people informed of time etc.

Steady! :unsure: It's not elitist enough if they let lowly college people in.

Good idea. He would have to make sure they all know about it. If there is a Heriot-Watt, Napier, etc. person on this board, he or she could spread the word.

Edinburgh Students' Heart of Midlothian Football Club Supporters' Club.

Thats what I had in mind to be honest, more of a student than a university one. I like the idea of students from every institution getting together, and it would maybe be the easiest way to fill a bus.

Thats what I had in mind to be honest, more of a student than a university one. I like the idea of students from every institution getting together, and it would maybe be the easiest way to fill a bus.

I think with a bit of imagination this could be a success. There might be some demand for away games. Many students use their time in Edinburgh to explore Scotland: a bus to Aberdeen or Kilmarnock could be just that.

The irony, i've missed this thread up till now because i've been busy writing one of my mid-term essays. I will ignore the cheap student jibes :rolleyes: and say that I'd love to have a supporters club at uni (i'm at Edinburgh as well btw) and i'll help out if you need me I do only have a few months left to go though.

The Treasurer

No chance he'll ever be my boss.By the time he's anywhere near that level (if he ever is) I will have retired.

I've never spoken to a bank manager since the day I opened my first bank account.

I doub't that a degree in Chinese social history (or something equally relevant to todays work place) would allow someone to carry out even basic surgery even in today's NHS

smile.gif

This is what I had in mind as well. Since there's the EUHMFCSC already, the other Edinburgh based Universities could perhaps make their own and advertise here and we could start plans to link it all up.

No chance he'll ever be my boss.By the time he's anywhere near that level (if he ever is) I will have retired.

I've never spoken to a bank manager since the day I opened my first bank account.

I doub't that a degree in Chinese social history (or something equally relevant to todays work place) would allow someone to carry out even basic surgery even in today's NHS

smile.gif

Your cash handling skills from the co-op must come in handy for your treasury responsibilities. thumbsup.gif

This is what I had in mind as well. Since there's the EUHMFCSC already, the other Edinburgh based Universities could perhaps make their own and advertise here and we could start plans to link it all up.

That sounds like a good idea. I'd be pretty useless at organising that sort of thing, but would be up for joining! :)

Oh yeah - potential plan is for student Jambos to take a break from working for our country's future on Saturday in order to watch the game in Doctors.

Who are your teachers?

I've got loads, atm I do social, Scottish and American, and none of them ever seem to have the same lecturer for more than a week!

Governor Tarkin

That's an excellent idea speedbump. Fancy a little forray into further education yourself? It's been a good laugh mate.

Employers love a good history student.

Indeed they do my mate is now living in London earning a ridiculous 6 figure salary having got a job with this degree i might add totally irrelavant to the job he does but it showed his ability to learn.

I read alot of very bitter people on here who may regret not having the chance to goto Uni for one reason or another at the end of the day THERE ARE STUDENTS WHO WORK THEIR ASS OFF to get a higher education and better themselves.

I for one am glad that someone takes the time to study to be a Doctor, Engineer etc

So if comes the time i need a life saving operation i dont find myself asking the question "So do you just have a bit of life experience or having you actually f'ing studied for doing this procedure"

I worked hard and paid my way as a student

I work hard in my occupation

Hardly need to divide into one or the other people can be a student and hard working.

Perhaps those that havent been dont understand some of the effort put in and just generally label people slackers.

good luck guys,

anything that has a positive spin and gets more jambos coming along to games home or away can only be good for the hearts..wink.gif

I'm a student.

No employment on the side.

one 3 hour class per week.

spend the rest of the time on the internet or playing games.

feels good man

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. :rolleyes:

That's an excellent idea speedbump. Fancy a little forray into further education yourself? It's been a good laugh mate.

I was a student many moons ago.

Governor Tarkin

I was a student many moons ago.

This mature student lark is a gas though. The only downer being having to work Saturdays for cash and missing games.

This mature student lark is a gas though. The only downer being having to work Saturdays for cash and missing games.

I was toying with the idea a while ago but thought better of it.

• 11 months later...

Excuse me for dragging up an old thread, but I was just wondering if anything ever actually come of this. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me, and since I am considering doing a MSc at Edinburgh starting in September it would be useful to know if there is a Supporters club yet. Any got any info for me ?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Excuse me for dragging up an old thread, but I was just wondering if anything ever actually come of this. Seemed like a pretty good idea to me, and since I am considering doing a MSc at Edinburgh starting in September it would be useful to know if there is a Supporters club yet. Any got any info for me ?

There's an unofficial one. We lack numbers to do anything significant or official but we do meet up often and head to matches etc.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm in first year at Napier and as far as I'm aware, there's only a Celtic SC there. If there was a Hearts one I'd definitely join it, if one was to be set up I'd be up for joining with the Edinburgh group just to boost the numbers up.

There's an unofficial one. We lack numbers to do anything significant or official but we do meet up often and head to matches etc.

Open to non-students (i.e. Uni staff)?

Hi

As a postgrad student at UoE, I'd welcome a PM too. Presumably there would be no objection to my son coming along as well - he's a recent Economics graduate from Glasgow, but he's been brought up as a good jambo!

Cool bananas - want to drop me a pm about it?

Thanks for the reply, looks like you will be getting a few more from this thread. Good to hear though there is a decent Hearts contingent :thumbsup:

Mac_fae_Gillie

would of thought any student of EU who is a Jambo would just use thier local supporters club,not as if they live away from thier home town.

Probably little sense in joining a new club for few years taking them away from thier game mates etc.

Going to a match with your mates at that age was so important.Can't see why people would dump long life mates in favour of 3/4year classmates.

If of course they were attending further afield colleges then it makes sense but not when its your hometown.hence why the hobos got a club....

I've never posted before, but having just found out that there are Edinburgh University Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs supporters clubs I feel something has to be done!

What I'm asking is are there any students on the go who want to try to set up a club. Obviously a lot of students will be members of other clubs, but imagine the fun even a minibusload of jambo students could have! I go to Edinburgh uni, and I only know of a handful of jambos, but if all the unis got together I reckon a decent wee club could be set up, and it'd bring a bit of Edinburgh identity to a uni dominated by the English.

Anyone up for it? Any advice from some older fans on how to go about setting up a club?

Back in my day, people did try to set one up (including a former Charmain's son). I went along to the inaugural meeting, where a few big name players were in attendance (Colquhoun and Robbo included). The organisers got free Strongbow from our shirt sponsors of the time, and Craig Levein was utterly reeking.

I don't recall any follow up meetings or events being arranged. Although my invite may simply have been lost in the post...

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Hi

As a postgrad student at UoE, I'd welcome a PM too. Presumably there would be no objection to my son coming along as well - he's a recent Economics graduate from Glasgow, but he's been brought up as a good jambo!

You have PMs disabled or something buddy. I tried to leave you a message.

Archived