Top or Bottom six .

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest Vanbasten1874

Was thinking that being in the top half would take the pressure of the team a bit but the non trying that would surely come with that would do my tats in . On the other hand being in the bottom six with the added pressure of keeping away from the relegation zone would keep the players on their toes thus giving us something worth watching am i right or am i right . Cant hang about to respond must earn beer vouchers for the weekend soz.

gogolbordello

Was thinking that being in the top half would take the pressure of the team a bit but the non trying that would surely come with that would do my tats in . On the other hand being in the bottom six with the added pressure of keeping away from the relegation zone would keep the players on their toes thus giving us something worth watching am i right or am i right . Cant hang about to respond must earn beer vouchers for the weekend soz.

for me, aye, you're wrong.

We want to be in the top 6 every year. Even for the wee bit axtra prize money, but moreso because we should ALWAYS want to be as high up the league as possible. We should still be aiming for 3rd this season, as unlikely as that is to happen.

Do you not think Jeff would learn more about the players if they made it to the top 6 then stopped trying. io'd be happy enough if one or two of them did and then JJ knew who to punt! If we end the season stronlgy, the confidence carries on to next season too, especially for the young guys and it gives us something to build on.

Top six, cuttin the Hobo's deficit as much as it can go, maybe even sneak a euro spot. Contributing to either of the Old Firms downfall, s'got to be top six

The top six place will be between us the sheep and Mudderwell, looking at the remaining fixtures below its unlikely we can make it with 3 away games in a row ?

Motherwell - Hibernian H, Kilmarnock H, St. Johnstone A, Hearts H,St Mirren A, Dundee Utd A, Falkirk H, Celtic A.

Aberdeen - Falkirk A, Hearts H, Hamilton A, St Johnstone A, Dundee Utd H, Rangers A, St Mirren H, Kilmarnock A, St Johnstone H.

Hearts - Hamilton H, Aberdeen A, Dundee Utd A, Motherwell A, Hibernian H, Rangers H, St Mirren A, Kilmarnock H

Hey you never know :thumbsup:

not meaning to be horrible but what an utterly ridiculous question better to be in the top six because -

1) more money for club through final position and gate money

2) extra derby game

3) playing against the best teams in the league rather than the worst will surely allow jeff to decide who will be good enough for first team/squad next year.

4) possibility of euro spot for fifth

open to debate IMO. more so than the question posed in the thread title.

Scrap the split I say.

Of course top 6 and still at least attempting to make a push on a Euro slot(unlikely/ludicrous though it may be, but stranger things have happened)or even as high as it's possible to get would keep the players 'on their toes', no?

I was thinking about this earlier today. Obviously the financial implications of being in the top 6 are important, however being in the lower half may give JJ the chance to evaluate the team in an environment with less pressure and help blood the youngster.

For what its worth, I hate the split.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Obviously the financial implications of being in the top 6 are important, however being in the lower half may give JJ the chance to evaluate the team in an environment with less pressure and help blood the youngster.

For what its worth, I hate the split.

We need young players who can handle the pressure. Lets find out now if thay can deal with parkhead or ibrox rather than next season. Playing at the highest level against the best teams must be our ambition. The bottom six is a mini league of dross. Who wants to go and watch us play st johnstone to see who might get 8th place? Better to play hibs, rangers and celtic an extra time.

tartofmidlothian

not meaning to be horrible but what an utterly ridiculous question better to be in the top six because -

1) more money for club through final position and gate money

2) extra derby game

3) playing against the best teams in the league rather than the worst will surely allow jeff to decide who will be good enough for first team/squad next year.

4) possibility of euro spot for fifth

This.

I take it you don't go to many games, as the last time we were in the bottom six it led to some of the most dull, meaningless games I can possibly remember as a Hearts fan! Who wouldn't fancy another derby, a chance to screw up the OF or get one over on non-entities like Aberdeen or Motherwell?

We need young players who can handle the pressure. Lets find out now if thay can deal with parkhead or ibrox rather than next season. Playing at the highest level against the best teams must be our ambition. The bottom six is a mini league of dross. Who wants to go and watch us play st johnstone to see who might get 8th place? Better to play hibs, rangers and celtic an extra time.

Is it better to get humped 4-0 by the OF away and demoralize the kids or ply their trade against St Johnstone and build confidence? Remember, we are not talking about a few kids here mixed in with seasoned pro's (thinking of the early/mid 80's), we are talking about half a team!

Is it better to get humped 4-0 by the OF away and demoralize the kids or ply their trade against St Johnstone and build confidence? Remember, we are not talking about a few kids here mixed in with seasoned pro's (thinking of the early/mid 80's), we are talking about half a team!

or is it better to go into the last 3-4 games of the season,safe,but with nothing to play for,putting in terrible performances and losing to teams we should normally beat? tahts exactly what happened under Shaggy,nothing to play for and it showed

Humped 4-0 away by the old firm? I seem to remember a certain 1-1 game away at ibrox where we were unlucky to lose the lead in the last minute? <_<

Think of the confidence that would be gained by hammering the Hobos? :thumbsup:

Top 6 every year for me...

Bit of a silly thing to ask. What would you want? Top 6 or bottom 6?

It's like asking someone what they would want - a ?20 note or a ?10 note!

Archived