When your in the pub....

Ray Gunn

Do you like to stand/sit at the bar? i cant stand sitting at a table or booth,there does not seem to be an explanation why,i just do. maybe its a thing i picked up living across the pond. Anyone else the same?

Do you like to stand/sit at the bar? i cant stand sitting at a table or booth,there does not seem to be an explanation why,i just do. maybe its a thing i picked up living across the pond. Anyone else the same?

Prefer sitting at the tables or standing away from the Bar. Find it annoying when people stand all the way round the bar. Particularly if its a small bar. You end having to fight people just to get served.

depends on the bar. in my local i always stand at the bar but thats cos there is always a few of my mates there or the footy is on. in other places dont mind taking a table when there is a group of folk out for the night.

I am exactly the same, especially in my local. Can't stand sitting down at a table. I feel all hemmed in.

Like a snug myself. Always enjoy coming back and watching continentals come into a pub, sit down at a table, and then, after a while, wonder why someone isn't coming to take their order.

I love sitting/standing at the bar - I have to rotate though as my arse goes to sleep on the stools in my local!

I usually stand unless I'm so drunk that I need to sit.

Also standing allows you to mingle. I'm a social chameleon.

I am a stand at the bar guy. When I first came to Canada you were not allowed to, you had in the beer parlor to sit at the table and be waited on, you couldn't even go up to the bar and buy your drink and bring it to the table. Fortunately thats all changed now. Now I prefer to sit as its not so far to fall.:mwah:

I usually stand unless I'm so drunk that I need to sit.

Also standing allows you to mingle. I'm a social chameleon.

Prefer to sit as I can then hear what you mumbling shortarses are saying, before dismissing you and holding court for the next in the queue of minglers.

Prefer to sit as I can then hear what you mumbling shortarses are saying, before dismissing you and holding court for the next in the queue of minglers.

I never mumble. I have a voice like Brian Blessed. :mwah:

usually prefer to stand but not at the bar if it`s really busy.

:food-smiley-004:

will be in the pub later going back and forward to the dartboard

• 4 weeks later...

Stand and give daggers to anyone looking in my direction, that isn't in my group or a decent looking sort :ninja:

Goose Baxter

Depends on the boozer for me, like if it is busy or not. If it is busy i will stand. No keen on sitting down when a pub is busy.

Archived