Wallace at fault for goal?

jambo191

:curtain: tin hat on.

Fair enough a shot should never have gotten past that crowd of players, and then you could argue that kello should have held that...

But the space wallace has given little is rotten. Lack of concentration me thinks.

Not sure if blame is ther right word but I think it could have been cleared better and Kello certainly should have done better with the shot. Not sure if Wallace should have done better but someone should have tracked his run.

Fair enough a shot should never have gotten past that crowd of players, and then you could argue that kello should have held that...

But the space wallace has given little is rotten. Lack of concentration me thinks.

Any chance of something positive instead of negative doom and gloom,ive found a fault tripe?:wacko:

ps your location seems spot on!

When I saw it again that was my first reaction aswell, he was playing the two Rangers players onside.

There's absolutely no advantage to going on about who made mistakes though, what's done has been done and isn't going to change.

Bring on the sheep.

Lucky he set our goal up then.

That makes it alright then? :rubeyes:

That like sayin its okay for our strikers to miss sitters, just aslong as they make up for it with goal saving challanges.

Any chance of something positive instead of negative doom and gloom,ive found a fault tripe?:wacko:

ps your location seems spot on![/QUOTE]

Come round, il put the kettle on. :biggrin:

When I saw it again that was my first reaction aswell, he was playing the two Rangers players onside.

There's absolutely no advantage to going on about who made mistakes though, what's done has been done and isn't going to change.

Bring on the sheep.

Im sure csaba won't see it this way. Anyways hopefully he does highlight it and the lads can learn from these things.

For the sake of the debate i thought we were at fault for not closing down the initial shot and Kello bottled clutching the ball. Poor push out from the shot.

You have to make players work for their goals. If you close it down but the guy still hits a beauty or does a bit magic, fair enough, but there`s no excuse for not closing down on your OWN 18 yard line.

That makes it alright then? :rubeyes:

That like sayin its okay for our strikers to miss sitters, just aslong as they make up for it with goal saving challanges.

It doesn't make it alright really but wouldn't it be nice if a thread started praising him for his shot leading up to the goal rather than one criticising him for something contentious?

Im sure csaba won't see it this way. Anyways hopefully he does highlight it and the lads can learn from these things.

Yes, because that's his job.

I'll rephrase it for you.

There is no advantages to me and you tryinf to find players to point the blame at, let it lie and get on with it would be my advice.

As you describe, it was a 'team' goal we lost.

jambojackbilly

Great have a few Internet experts on :wacko:

You can scrutinise all you want but it finished 1-1

But to take an immediate negative from highlight's beggars belief

Wasny the worst result all consisdered

Johanes de Silentio

Kello should have done better, but is entitled to expect better cover from our defenders for the second ball. Disapointing* that a Rangers striker is first to the rebound.

* disapointing = manager speak.

ps your location seems spot on!

This is a message board to discuss all things HMFC.

Why not cut the guy some slack and just don't post on threads that irritate you?

Come on JJB , it`s a discussion forum is it not? there`s been plenty positivity and nobody has said 1-1 was a bad result although disappointing to be pegged back after taking the lead so late.

We`re just having a view at the goal. There are lessons to be learned , you can`t ignore them or you don`t improve. Its all constructive.

jambojackbilly
Come on JJB , it`s a discussion forum is it not? there`s been plenty positivity and nobody has said 1-1 was a bad result although disappointing to be pegged back after taking the lead so late.

We`re just having a view at the goal. There are lessons to be learned , you can`t ignore them or you don`t improve. Its all constructive.

Fair point :biggrin:

I think you'll find I never said it was a bad result, it was a bad goal to lose though that's for sure.

Like a couple of the boys have already said, i also thought this was a discussion board, where individuals could each share their opinions, beliefs, praises and critisims.

I won't bother in future. geez.

Wallace is unlucky, Little has a head start on him plus Wallace had to turn to face the ball, poor clearance in first place, poor push out from Kello, maybe poor positioning from Wallace, move on learn from it and don't let it happen again

portobellojambo1

My take on it is Wallace probably was thinking like every Hearts fan in the ground at the time, keeper will push this sideways away from danger and not back towards incoming players. Might seem harsh given how well he performed but I still think Kello should have dealt with it better.

scott herbertson
It doesn't make it alright really but wouldn't it be nice if a thread started praising him for his shot leading up to the goal rather than one criticising him for something contentious?

I agree, and in the same spirit of goodwill to all Hearts men, Obua did very well to get Wallace in position to take a shot

The goal was a combination of 4 minor errors, none of which really caused the goal in itself but any one of which would have prevented it had it not happened.

1. Jason Thomson : If your going to clear the ball to no-one in particular in the last minute, make sure it goes 50-70 yards and not 30 yards

2. Pressure on the ball when it breaks 25 yards from goal, there wasnt any.

3. Kello : If you cant save it and hold it, turn it round the post or bat it out to the side, not right in front of you.

4. Lee Wallace : If your going to sit in and play people onside, you need to make sure your within tackling/blocking distance of the re-bound. you werent.

Bouzid should've done better with the clearance. Hoofing into the stand or 50 yards up the pitch would've been more ideal.

Wallace was sleeping, and if Bouzid had fallen asleep like that for the goal, he'd be getting a pretty hard time for it on here I reckon. The defence pushed out in a line but Wallace stayed camped in, playing two huns onside - he lost his concentration, proven by the fact he claims for offside when the ball comes in. If he does his job, Little is offside and the goal doesn't stand.

It's not the most horrific mistake you'll ever see, but it was poor defending which he'll have to learn from. That said, it was a bad goal to lose collectively - the other mistakes made Wallace's error a costly one, but were also avoidable. Like Kello, though, he had a 'mare at their goal, but a very good performance otherwise, so it's hard to get too annoyed about.

Interestingly, Caba cited Jason Thomson......

Not a surprise Csaba always has a go at the one's who are less likely to have a go back

Guest JamboRobbo
Wallace was sleeping, and if Bouzid had fallen asleep like that for the goal, he'd be getting a pretty hard time for it on here I reckon. The defence pushed out in a line but Wallace stayed camped in, playing two huns onside - he lost his concentration, proven by the fact he claims for offside when the ball comes in. If he does his job, Little is offside and the goal doesn't stand.

It's not the most horrific mistake you'll ever see, but it was poor defending which he'll have to learn from. That said, it was a bad goal to lose collectively - the other mistakes made Wallace's error a costly one, but were also avoidable. Like Kello, though, he had a 'mare at their goal, but a very good performance otherwise, so it's hard to get too annoyed about.

Correct.

He actually takes a step back to play them onside, stays where he is and goal is chopped off (well maybe not).

The Treasurer

Mistakes were made that led to the goal.

The players involved all had good games apart from one lapse which cost us 2 points.

As long as they learn from it then there's no point in dwelling on it.

Everyone makes mistakes

100% Correct.

This is a message board to discuss all things HMFC.

Why not cut the guy some slack and just don't post on threads that irritate you?

some people are being a bit over senstive me thinks. Maybe no need to start a new thread about it as it was covered in our threads on saturday, but the guy is not having a go just stating a point of view.

some people are being a bit over senstive me thinks. Maybe no need to start a new thread about it as it was covered in our threads on saturday, but the guy is not having a go just stating a point of view.

I was quite up for wee bit of a debate, you know share my views aswell as talking about everyone elses opinions until some members got up on the high horse.

If any members have a copy of some rules as to what can and can't be talked about or said on here id be grateful if you could send me them.

A bit dissapionting the way some people carry on.

Il talk to a wall next time.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i think he was at fault but it did happen very quickly. if he was more switched on at the time he would have pushed out

I was quite up for wee bit of a debate, you know share my views aswell as talking about everyone elses opinions until some members got up on the high horse.

If any members have a copy of some rules as to what can and can't be talked about or said on here id be grateful if you could send me them.

A bit dissapionting the way some people carry on.

Il talk to a wall next time.

Whoooooft!!! There go the cyber playthings.... right oot the perambulator! :biggrin:

I don't think Wallace was as guilty of sleeping at their goal as Papac (I think) was at ours. Great strikers' goals from Robinson and Little on Saturday.

Cardiac Rucksack

About ten yards to deep playing the world on. Hilariously bad defending.

Edited to add: Nearly as hysterical as Zals.

Archived