2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

College game day at last 🙌 Soccer Saturday can gtf 

Looking forward to the Duke Bama game. Bt 8.30pm

Everybody Loves Baz!
3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gillan got the browns punting gig.

Superb stuff.

Some noticeable waivers from Cleveland.

Ray Ray Armstrong I thought was a shoe in, Colquitt another. Ishmael Hyman I thought would've been on the roster as well. A few could come back to bite them.

Adam Schefter tweeted that it's Tunsil (and Stills) for 2 x 1st rnd picks, plus 1 x 2nd rnd pick...plus more. Tunsil is a great young LT, but the Texans just got reamed.

Some flurry of trades from the Texans. I hope to **** they know what they are doing and we get better out the end of this. Very sorry to see Clowney leave but seemed inevitable. A really, really good player. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Adam Schefter tweeted that it's Tunsil (and Stills) for 2 x 1st rnd picks, plus 1 x 2nd rnd pick...plus more. Tunsil is a great young LT, but the Texans just got reamed.

Just after the Seahawks pretty much stole Clowney off them too😂

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just after the Seahawks pretty much stole Clowney off them too😂

Aye, not much to give for a great player. At same time, Clowney could have sat tight and Texans ended up getting nothing for him.

They really ****ed up, in my opinion, my not tying him up long term ages ago, but all depends on how much they thought he was worth.

I mind being gutted when Mario Williams left maybe 8 or 9 years ago. He was quickly forgotten.

Sexton Hardcastle

The Clowney trade makes the Mack one look better.

Mental all top five picks from that draft class are no longer with their starting team.

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Aye, not much to give for a great player. At same time, Clowney could have sat tight and Texans ended up getting nothing for him.

They really ****ed up, in my opinion, my not tying him up long term ages ago, but all depends on how much they thought he was worth.

I mind being gutted when Mario Williams left maybe 8 or 9 years ago. He was quickly forgotten.

It was a strange one bud, especially with their cap space. They need to get it sorted at the top too, bit of a mess.

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It was a strange one bud, especially with their cap space. They need to get it sorted at the top too, bit of a mess.

At the end of the day, improving protection for Watson was the clear priority and they’ve done that. Stills should be useful, too. So will see how it goes.

However, in both O’Brien and Levein, I’ve got two guys leading my teams who I’ve no faith in, seemed to be responsible for regression rather than improvement and unfailing come up with the same old shite after each loss. Caring so much about sports teams really does cause a lot of misery 🤬

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

At the end of the day, improving protection for Watson was the clear priority and they’ve done that. Stills should be useful, too. So will see how it goes.

However, in both O’Brien and Levein, I’ve got two guys leading my teams who I’ve no faith in, seemed to be responsible for regression rather than improvement and unfailing come up with the same old shite after each loss. Caring so much about sports teams really does cause a lot of misery 🤬

It does indeed, but as you say, you did address a big problem.

chuck berrys hairline
7 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Tagovailoa playing not bad just now.

Get ready for a disappointing career in Miami kid.

I've never seen the hype always seems to turn on his wrong side before throwing the ball i preferred  Hurts tbh. 

What was that one quarter ban for the Bama player all about 😂 that's like getting suspended for one half of football 😕

J.T.F.Robertson
18 hours ago, Peebo said:

Ain't your final sentence the truth! Talk about fecked-up priorities.

Sexton Hardcastle
On 01/09/2019 at 06:40, chuck berrys hairline said:

I've never seen the hype always seems to turn on his wrong side before throwing the ball i preferred  Hurts tbh. 

What was that one quarter ban for the Bama player all about 😂 that's like getting suspended for one half of football 😕

Advantage Hurts for the Heisman after week one.

Some stat line.

chuck berrys hairline
29 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Advantage Hurts for the Heisman after week one.

Some stat line.

Tried to stay up to watch it but succumbed to the night devil. The last person to do that feat....... Johnny Manziel 😕😅

luckyBatistuta

Don’t think Hoyer is there to be  the starter, he’s there for the experience he brings and if injuries arise.  We can easily let him go after 1 year if we wanted to.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
53 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Brissett getting 20m trumps that.

I’m not sold on Brissett yet, but still think he is better than a lot of folk think. The O line the last time he played was awful, this time it’s a different story.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t think Hoyer is there to be  the starter, he’s there for the experience he brings and if injuries arise.  We can easily let him go after 1 year if we wanted to.

This strengthens my point. He’s absolutely shite. $9 million guaranteed?!? Crazy how some of these guys get decent contract after decent contract despite proving to be utterly crap. 

Brisset’s deal also seems crazy but I’ve not had to endure watching him for a season so I’ll reserve judgement.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

This strengthens my point. He’s absolutely shite. $9 million guaranteed?!? Crazy how some of these guys get decent contract after decent contract despite proving to be utterly crap. 

Brisset’s deal also seems crazy but I’ve not had to endure watching him for a season so I’ll reserve judgement.

I’m definitely not disagreeing with you on that point. It’s not an ideal situation the Colts have been left in right before the start of the season. I wasn’t happy when the news broke that we were signing him and I’m still not happy about it. Hopefully his experience helps Jacoby and Chad in some way and he can also sit down and spill all the Patriots secrets. 

luckyBatistuta

I Watch GMFB every day and love the show. Don’t know if everyone saw this when it was on, but it’s a music video by Nate celebrating 100 years of the NFL. I found it quite a catchy little number, even though I’m not a huge fan of him in general. Just wish co host Kay Adams would make a video😜

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Sexton Hardcastle

Time for the annual and often way off the mark season predictions:

AFC: Steelers/Colts/KC/Patriots/Browns/Chargers

NFC: Bears/Eagles/Cowboys/Packers/Saints/Rams

KC win the champions game in Foxborough and the Rams topple the saints again but in LA.

Rams win it all in another shootout vs Mahomes and co.

MVP: Mahomes (again)

ORY: Josh Jacobs

DPY: Mack

DRY: Devin Bush

CBPY: Bell

luckyBatistuta
43 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Time for the annual and often way off the mark season predictions:

AFC: Steelers/Colts/KC/Patriots/Browns/Chargers

NFC: Bears/Eagles/Cowboys/Packers/Saints/Rams

KC win the champions game in Foxborough and the Rams topple the saints again but in LA.

Rams win it all in another shootout vs Mahomes and co.

ORY: Josh Jacobs

DPY: Mack

AFC: Patriots/Chiefs/Browns/Texans/Raiders/Colts

NFC: Eagles/Rams/Bears/Falcons/Saints/Packers

Chiefs win the Super Bowl against the Eagles

ORY: David Montgomery 

DPY: Bradley Chubb

luckyBatistuta

Possibly a 6 year extension for Elliott, what’s he going to do in a few years when there are RB’s getting paid more than him...toys out the pram?

Sexton Hardcastle

Would say Zeke has earned that money. Been fairly incredible when on the field.

Got to wonder what price Mahomes will cost KC when he signs a contract. Be pushing 200m at this rate. Dak cannot get paid more than Goff.

luckyBatistuta
46 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Would say Zeke has earned that money. Been fairly incredible when on the field.

Got to wonder what price Mahomes will cost KC when he signs a contract. Be pushing 200m at this rate. Dak cannot get paid more than Goff.

I think Zeke has been fantastic, but there is one thing that sticks with me. There was one game where the Cowboys were getting it handed to them and he appeared to chuck it. I can’t remember which game it was, but pretty sure it was highlighted by the media.

If Mahomes does the same again, he’ll pretty much be able to name his price.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta

Good luck getting all that guaranteed money Zeke. In one of the clauses of the contract, if Zeke were to get suspended or have another off-the-field incident, most of his guaranteed money would void

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Oh AB.

What the hell is he doing, it’s like he wants them to empty him. Possibly  lost his guaranteed money.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

luckyBatistuta
50 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

C'mon the Redskins!

They going to win the Super Bowl again this year, it’s a Dynasty😂

Sexton Hardcastle

Grudens presser sounds awfy like the decision has been made and they are doing the legal bits to cut him. Such a waste but needs to be done now and not 2/3 games into the season.

Expect a close game tonight. Few quid on 24-20 bears.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Trubisky is absolutely awful.

Time for the Bears to wake up. Not really, I hope they extend his contract :lol: