Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

Lord BJ
18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The Brown helmet issue is pretty fascinating. Always the drama with him and his fantasy value just fell massively.

I’m not sure fascinating the words I would use. A thread on Twitter ‘allegedly’ providing details of last few weeks. Amongst some of the stuff ie. tuning up late. He has has threatened to retire apparently.

It looks like the AB drama has kicked off much quicker than I thought. Thought he would at least wait till the Raider had proved they weren’t play off contenders. 

The sources unfortunately seem pretty reliable.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849093-raiders-rumors-antonio-brown-files-helmet-grievance-against-nfl

Sexton Hardcastle

The parts about him agreeing to wear a new helmet and him sneaking his old one in, re painted badly and being busted. Fascinating in my eyes anyway.

Lord BJ

This might sound really stupid. how did he get a old style Raiders helmet? 

Thougn i I guess if your worth 500M or whatever you can get what you want.

I just want DC throwing to AB no dramas just TD’s 😢

i think he will be there on 1st game of season but I guess where AB goes drama goes. 

Sexton Hardcastle
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This might sound really stupid. how did he get a old style Raiders helmet? 

Thougn i I guess if your worth 500M or whatever you can get what you want.

I just want DC throwing to AB no dramas just TD’s 😢

i think he will be there on 1st game of season but I guess where AB goes drama goes. 

I thought he painted his own old helmet? Didn’t see the part about him sourcing an old raiders one. That would at least have been the right paint job.

A lot of it doesn’t even matter just now as he can’t even practice it can be sure HBO will get good figures this week.

Lord BJ
16 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I thought he painted his own old helmet? Didn’t see the part about him sourcing an old raiders one. That would at least have been the right paint job.

A lot of it doesn’t even matter just now as he can’t even practice it can be sure HBO will get good figures this week.

My bad, your right.

Reading too many threads and believing some of stuff.

Its hard not to question to his cimmitment, when ‘allegedly’ freaking out  over a helmet. I get it’s not what you like but let’s be honest at 20M a year you think you would learn to adapt or at least give it more than a couple of sessions, 

Between this and the frost bite he needs to invest in a equipment manager!!!

This is would be comedy gold if wasn’t the raiders 😡

Peebo

Brown is a really tedious prick. 

luckyBatistuta

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Everybody Loves Baz!
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, the Raiders will be due him nowt if he's forced to retire, due to him injuring himself through his own stupidity.

ri Alban

Is Primetime the greatest player ever?

Sexton Hardcastle

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Sexton Hardcastle
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

Taking a chance giving Zeke his money, but if it was my money, I’d still be giving it to him before either of those two. He’s the engine that drives that team, Zak is average without him.

J.T.F.Robertson

Wonderful to see the loyalty these guys have to their organisations, much like the Chargers and Raiders give to their fans.

Makes me puke!

Antonio, Le'Veon kiss my ass! (still not bitter)

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

Ribble
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seemingly this whole helmet debacle might have been predicted by the steelers and the inevitable circus/distraction may well have played a part in their decision to trade.

His helmet wasn't one of the banned models but as it's now 10 years old it can't be certified, something that the Raiders were unlikely to know before making the trade but the steelers could have been fully aware that 2018 was the last time he could wear that helmet!

Sexton Hardcastle
42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons top 10 QBR

Pro bowl nods these days are so misleading.

Average guys get called up with players pulling out for the Super Bowl or injuries etc.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons top 10 QBR

I’ll bet his stats drop right off in games without Zeke. He’s not for me, but can’t blame the guy for trying to get as much as he can. The Cowboys are mad though, if they make him the highest paid QB imo. He’s not worth that money and if they did, how are they going to pay Elliott and Cooper. They have to tie up Elliott first, he is a true difference maker.

MaskedMarauder

Where does everyone play fantasy football online? Still looking to join a league but totally unsure of it all

hmfc_liam06

Fleaflicker.

But the official NFL leagues are probably best in terms of joining a random league, I'd imagine they have the market share.

Sexton Hardcastle

DraftKings is decent for weekly/daily setups. Made some

decent cash last season for small stakes.

Sexton Hardcastle

Gillan should hopefully make the Browns roster with massive punts again last night.

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gillan should hopefully make the Browns roster with massive punts again last night.

Kitchens spoke well of him last night too. A 74yrd punt had the commentators going "wow" during the game. It was pretty accurate too. I think it was him that had a shit snap though which contributed to Siebert missing his 53yrd attempt which would've possibly put him ahead against Joseph in the kicker position had he got it.
Promising though for Gillan.

Sexton Hardcastle

AB gone rogue again. Sounds like Mayock and co very close to just cutting him.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

AB gone rogue again. Sounds like Mayock and co very close to just cutting him.

Not surprised at all, man is an erse. Still think he is banging on and on about this helmet (not himself😂)  to detract from the real problem he has...his feet, think it’s worse than we are hearing.

Lord BJ
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not surprised at all, man is an erse. Still think he is banging on and on about this helmet (not himself😂)  to detract from the real problem he has...his feet, think it’s worse than we are hearing.

Your right it’s brown being brown. All about himself and very little about his team. 

I suspect he will be there for week 1, wearing a new helmet! 

Sexton Hardcastle

See there’s a new season of QB1 on Netflix.

Jake Fromm from the earlier season will probably be one of the top drafted QBs next year.