Jump to content
Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

Recommended Posts

Lord BJ
18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The Brown helmet issue is pretty fascinating. Always the drama with him and his fantasy value just fell massively.

I’m not sure fascinating the words I would use. A thread on Twitter ‘allegedly’ providing details of last few weeks. Amongst some of the stuff ie. tuning up late. He has has threatened to retire apparently.

 

It looks like the AB drama has kicked off much quicker than I thought. Thought he would at least wait till the Raider had proved they weren’t play off contenders. 

 

The sources unfortunately seem pretty reliable.

 

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849093-raiders-rumors-antonio-brown-files-helmet-grievance-against-nfl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

The parts about him agreeing to wear a new helmet and him sneaking his old one in, re painted badly and being busted. Fascinating in my eyes anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

This might sound really stupid. how did he get a old style Raiders helmet? 

 

Thougn i I guess if your worth 500M or whatever you can get what you want.

 

I just want DC throwing to AB no dramas just TD’s 😢

 

i think he will be there on 1st game of season but I guess where AB goes drama goes. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
18 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This might sound really stupid. how did he get a old style Raiders helmet? 

 

Thougn i I guess if your worth 500M or whatever you can get what you want.

 

I just want DC throwing to AB no dramas just TD’s 😢

 

i think he will be there on 1st game of season but I guess where AB goes drama goes. 

 

 

 

 

I thought he painted his own old helmet? Didn’t see the part about him sourcing an old raiders one. That would at least have been the right paint job.

 

A lot of it doesn’t even matter just now as he can’t even practice it can be sure HBO will get good figures this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
16 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I thought he painted his own old helmet? Didn’t see the part about him sourcing an old raiders one. That would at least have been the right paint job.

 

A lot of it doesn’t even matter just now as he can’t even practice it can be sure HBO will get good figures this week.

 

My bad, your right.

 

Reading too many threads and believing some of stuff.

 

Its hard not to question to his cimmitment, when ‘allegedly’ freaking out  over a helmet. I get it’s not what you like but let’s be honest at 20M a year you think you would learn to adapt or at least give it more than a couple of sessions, 

 

Between this and the frost bite he needs to invest in a equipment manager!!!

 

This is would be comedy gold if wasn’t the raiders 😡

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo

Brown is a really tedious prick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everybody Loves Baz!
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maybe his feet are worse than we thought. He could be using this helmet excuse and retiring as a cover for the massive #### up he’s done with the cryo and he knows he is not going to be able to carry on, just a thought🤷🏼‍♂️

Also, the Raiders will be due him nowt if he's forced to retire, due to him injuring himself through his own stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Is Primetime the greatest player ever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

 

 

 

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Seen that. Mental if they give him anything north of 30. Cooper is due his contract soon as well and one of the reasons the raiders traded him as he thinks he’ll get top WR money. 

 

Cant pay those two, Zeke and other high end players.

 

Taking a chance giving Zeke his money, but if it was my money, I’d still be giving it to him before either of those two. He’s the engine that drives that team, Zak is average without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson

Wonderful to see the loyalty these guys have to their organisations, much like the Chargers and Raiders give to their fans.

Makes me puke!

 

Antonio, Le'Veon kiss my ass! (still not bitter)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Yup, he said at the start that he would walk away, then the next day he would play, but sue. 

 

Dak turning down $30 million and demanding $40 million 🙀  he’s not even a top 10 QB 🤪

 

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

 

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

 

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

 

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
12 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

So AB loses the appeal and says he will play. Media making it out to be much bigger than it ever was?

 

 

 

Seemingly this whole helmet debacle might have been predicted by the steelers and the inevitable circus/distraction may well have played a part in their decision to trade.

 

His helmet wasn't one of the banned models but as it's now 10 years old it can't be certified, something that the Raiders were unlikely to know before making the trade but the steelers could have been fully aware that 2018 was the last time he could wear that helmet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

 

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

 

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

 

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

Pro bowl nods these days are so misleading.

 

Average guys get called up with players pulling out for the Super Bowl or injuries etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Maybe not in fantasy but in general his stats would suggest he is a top 10 QB.

 

In his 3 seasons in the NFL:

 

2 pro-bowls

2 seasons inside top 10 for pass completion

2 seasons inside top 10 for int percentage

2 seasons top 10 QBR

3 seasons inside top 10 for game winning drives

2 seasons inside top 10 for comeback wins

 

I reckon he's definitely under-rated.

 

I’ll bet his stats drop right off in games without Zeke. He’s not for me, but can’t blame the guy for trying to get as much as he can. The Cowboys are mad though, if they make him the highest paid QB imo. He’s not worth that money and if they did, how are they going to pay Elliott and Cooper. They have to tie up Elliott first, he is a true difference maker.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaskedMarauder

Where does everyone play fantasy football online? Still looking to join a league but totally unsure of it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

Fleaflicker.

 

But the official NFL leagues are probably best in terms of joining a random league, I'd imagine they have the market share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

DraftKings is decent for weekly/daily setups. Made some

decent cash last season for small stakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Gillan should hopefully make the Browns roster with massive punts again last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gillan should hopefully make the Browns roster with massive punts again last night.

Kitchens spoke well of him last night too. A 74yrd punt had the commentators going "wow" during the game. It was pretty accurate too. I think it was him that had a shit snap though which contributed to Siebert missing his 53yrd attempt which would've possibly put him ahead against Joseph in the kicker position had he got it.
Promising though for Gillan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

AB gone rogue again. Sounds like Mayock and co very close to just cutting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

AB gone rogue again. Sounds like Mayock and co very close to just cutting him.

 

Not surprised at all, man is an erse. Still think he is banging on and on about this helmet (not himself😂)  to detract from the real problem he has...his feet, think it’s worse than we are hearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Not surprised at all, man is an erse. Still think he is banging on and on about this helmet (not himself😂)  to detract from the real problem he has...his feet, think it’s worse than we are hearing.

 

Your right it’s brown being brown. All about himself and very little about his team. 

 

I suspect he will be there for week 1, wearing a new helmet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

See there’s a new season of QB1 on Netflix.

 

Jake Fromm from the earlier season will probably be one of the top drafted QBs next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

24 hours until some competitive football.

 

Gators and the Huuricanes ko the college season and its on BT/Espn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Andrew Luck gone, retired from the NFL. Absolutely gutted at this news. A great guy and a great player. I really believe if it hadn’t been for all the injuries he’s had, he would easily have walked into Canton. Brissett starting QB now, but we will probably be looking at picking another up in the draft next year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Andrew Luck gone, retired from the NFL. Absolutely gutted at this news. A great guy and a great player. I really believe if it hadn’t been for all the injuries he’s had, he would easily have walked into Canton. Brissett starting QB now, but we will probably be looking at picking another up in the draft next year.

 

 

Agreed! Had so much to offer the game and it's sad he's had to give up the fight..

A loss to not only the Colts but to the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

 

Agreed! Had so much to offer the game and it's sad he's had to give up the fight..

A loss to not only the Colts but to the NFL.

 

Can’t remember what the last bombshell news as big as this in the NFL was. I’m still at work tonight, but driving around in total shock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo

🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

****ing kills all my season bets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

So two teams now tanking for Tagovailoa and Lamar Miller looks done for the year. Some night in the south 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Jeez, Colts fans are ****ing dicks.

 

https://twitter.com/RichNye13/status/1165445173909827584?s=19

Generally speaking, I found a large portion of US sports fans to be utter dicks. I mind one game when Matt Schaub was getting carted off with a clearly serious injury, and an extremely loud portion of Texans fans were cheering. 

 

Many are clueless, entitled and overly-bevvied bellends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
58 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Generally speaking, I found a large portion of US sports fans to be utter dicks. I mind one game when Matt Schaub was getting carted off with a clearly serious injury, and an extremely loud portion of Texans fans were cheering. 

 

Many are clueless, entitled and overly-bevvied bellends. 

Sounds very familiar.

 

My hundred pound season bet in tatters now. Colts went from evens to 5/1. 

 

Heres hoping Brissett does a Foles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo

😁 Good point! But to be honest, the arsehole levels are off the scale there even compared to many fans here. 

 

Hopefully your bet fails miserable. Even with Miller’s injury, this news (which cannot be entirely unexpected) about Luck makes me very confident about the Texans winning the division. Again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Quite a lot of rumours circulating on Andrew Lucks mental health. The rumours are that he asked to step away for a period of time and  there is no injury, just not in a good place right now. Some saying that he asked to be placed on IR, but it was refused by Irsay. If any of this is found to be true, I really hope he can get himself sorted out and if that means that walking away from the game was what was needed, then well done to him for making such a difficult decision.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Quite a lot of rumours circulating on Andrew Lucks mental health. The rumours are that he asked to step away for a period of time and  there is no injury, just not in a good place right now. Some saying that he asked to be placed on IR, but it was refused by Irsay. If any of this is found to be true, I really hope he can get himself sorted out and if that means that walking away from the game was what was needed, then well done to him for making such a difficult decision.

Mental or physical he should be praised for making the decision not to ruin his body for the entertainment of others.

 

Troy Aikman ripping into that Doug Gottileb was pleasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
24 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Mental or physical he should be praised for making the decision not to ruin his body for the entertainment of others.

 

Troy Aikman ripping into that Doug Gottileb was pleasing.

 

Yup, some of the stuff I’ve read online from some people is quite staggering, should be ashamed of themselves. I will still be wearing my Luck jersey on my holiday in the States this year, no doubt about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Quite a lot of rumours circulating on Andrew Lucks mental health. The rumours are that he asked to step away for a period of time and  there is no injury, just not in a good place right now. Some saying that he asked to be placed on IR, but it was refused by Irsay. If any of this is found to be true, I really hope he can get himself sorted out and if that means that walking away from the game was what was needed, then well done to him for making such a difficult decision.

 

I think it's pretty clear that his mental health has been affected. Some of the "takes" since he called it a day have been minging.

 

Still picked him up in another dynasty I'm in after his previous owner dropped him...you never know :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

I think it's pretty clear that his mental health has been affected. Some of the "takes" since he called it a day have been minging.

 

Still picked him up in another dynasty I'm in after his previous owner dropped him...you never know :lol:

 

Yup, did look like it in the press conference. The Colts are letting him keep his money, think they are thinking he might see things differently after maybe a year away from the game, he is only 29 after all. Gutted you mentioned the fantasy bit though, was hoping Sack City might drop him and I’d have been all over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Yup, did look like it in the press conference. The Colts are letting him keep his money, think they are thinking he might see things differently after maybe a year away from the game, he is only 29 after all. Gutted you mentioned the fantasy bit though, was hoping Sack City might drop him and I’d have been all over it.

 

Folk held on to Gordon long enough, a year on IR in the dynasty is worth it. It's a proper deep league too, 5 IR slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Folk held on to Gordon long enough, a year on IR in the dynasty is worth it. It's a proper deep league too, 5 IR slots.

 

5🙀

 

I held on to Gordon for a full year in our dynasty and then when he fekd up again, I thought he had to be done this time and binned him🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

5🙀

 

I held on to Gordon for a full year in our dynasty and then when he fekd up again, I thought he had to be done this time and binned him🤬

 

Full IDP positions, 50 man rosters, 16 team league. DEEP!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chuck berrys hairline
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Folk held on to Gordon long enough, a year on IR in the dynasty is worth it. It's a proper deep league too, 5 IR slots.

Im still holding onto Dez after two years 👀🙄😂 just my luck that he's never mounted a comeback.....yet 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Full IDP positions, 50 man rosters, 16 team league. DEEP!!

 

Never tried anything like that.

 

7 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Im still holding onto Dez after two years 👀🙄😂 just my luck that he's never mounted a comeback.....yet 😬

 

:lol:  what’s that coming over the hill...not Dez, that’s for sure:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...