Jump to content
Sterling Archer

**The NFL Thread**

Recommended Posts

luckyBatistuta

No shock there, Bosa next, then the games might begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Oliver

williams

white

 

to cash in the bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Oliver

williams

white

 

to cash in the bet.

 

If they don’t trade down, I’d be going Williams next

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Looks like they are. Oh well was a value bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Ooh they failed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Damn really wanted him next. Think raiders trade down quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Damn really wanted him next. Think raiders trade down quickly 

 

‘Think they will take Devin White

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

:vrwow:  Never saw that coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Wasn’t expecting that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Wasn’t expecting that

 

You happy with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

 

You happy with that?

Didn’t consider him at all and with others there to be had. Paid off 4 years ago taking Mack, hopefully he can be a good reach.

 

That’ll do me for the night and will hopefully wake to at last josh Jacobs. Enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Didn’t consider him at all and with others there to be had. Paid off 4 years ago taking Mack, hopefully he can be a good reach.

 

That’ll do me for the night and will hopefully wake to at last josh Jacobs. Enjoy it.

 

:thumb: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Sat up all night, only for the Colts to trade away at 04.10am. A good trade for us, but not what you really want when you’ve given up your bed for it. 

 

Giants fans will be livid, taking a QB at 6, that they could easily have had with their 17th...mental.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Colts have 3 picks tonight. Hoping for a decent OT, Jawaan Taylor still left and was ranked in the top 10, but dropped due to medical and weight issues, so not sure on him. Hopefully get (CB) Byron Murphy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Big move from the Steelers, think they slightly overpaid but at least we’ve now replaced Shazier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

At least got the top RB as expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

Hope to **** we've not done another Ebron/Donald by not taking Oliver when we had the chance.

 

A lot of top CB's left for the 2nd round, wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one. Rock Ya-Sin could well be there for us at 43.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hope to **** we've not done another Ebron/Donald by not taking Oliver when we had the chance.

 

A lot of top CB's left for the 2nd round, wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one. Rock Ya-Sin could well be there for us at 43.

 

He'll be there at 43 alright, can see him being late 3rd if not 4th round pick, not played enough football to warrant a higher round pick imho as he'll be at least a year or 2 before he's a starter and teams will be addressing immediate need before going for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Ribble said:

 

He'll be there at 43 alright, can see him being late 3rd if not 4th round pick, not played enough football to warrant a higher round pick imho as he'll be at least a year or 2 before he's a starter and teams will be addressing immediate need before going for him.

 

Matt Miller has him going to Tampa at 39.

 

I'd be happy for us to trade back and take Winovich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Welcome Dwayne Haskins!

 

The Redskins are doing good business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Dolphins are winning the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Haskins, McLaurin and Sweat.

 

 

:verysmug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
On 26/04/2019 at 13:32, Ribble said:

 

He'll be there at 43 alright, can see him being late 3rd if not 4th round pick, not played enough football to warrant a higher round pick imho as he'll be at least a year or 2 before he's a starter and teams will be addressing immediate need before going for him.

 

Cracking insight Ribble :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Cracking insight Ribble :lol:

 

I honestly think that was way too high for someone who despite his physical attributes only has a year of football under his belt. Don’t doubt he’ll be a top player in a couple of years but I suppose with 4 Friday picks you can go high for him and still address immediate need 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Loved Reggie Wayne noising up the Titans fans, but then Pat McAfee came out and stole the show....hilarious. 

 

Banogu looks a brilliant pick for us, well happy with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

After this draft it’s the Clemson Raiders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Great to see the browns take a chance on the Scottish kicker as an ufa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

Kris Boyd was drafted by the Vikings in the 7th round, he'll be hoping they have good pies in Minnesota...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

See Ollie Williams from LCU for a workout with the raiders and Dakota Allan was a seventh round pick for the rams. Good outcome for both. Ollie was some character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle
On 01/05/2019 at 09:26, Sexton Hardcastle said:

See Ollie Williams from LCU for a workout with the raiders and Dakota Allan was a seventh round pick for the rams. Good outcome for both. Ollie was some character.

Ollie now signed a raider. Excellent for the kid. So likeable and see Ms Wagner already sending him messages of support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

After much planning I've finally booked my trip to the States.

 

Heading over for week 3, Eagles v Lions then down to Washington for Redskins v Bears.

 

Works out brilliant given I'm a Lion and my cousin is a Bear. Can't wait!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
On 10/05/2019 at 22:41, hmfc_liam06 said:

After much planning I've finally booked my trip to the States.

 

Heading over for week 3, Eagles v Lions then down to Washington for Redskins v Bears.

 

Works out brilliant given I'm a Lion and my cousin is a Bear. Can't wait!!

 

Sounds a decent little trip Liam, hope you get the result, preferably Mr Golladay doing the damage ;)

 

 

Enjoy mate:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

 

Sounds a decent little trip Liam, hope you get the result, preferably Mr Golladay doing the damage ;)

 

 

Enjoy mate:thumb:

 

Cheers man, should be ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Cheers man, should be ace.

 

See if you can chuck a couple of pics up on here from inside the stadium if you’ve got time. Wouldn’t mind seeing the view you’ve got  :thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
On 10/05/2019 at 22:41, hmfc_liam06 said:

After much planning I've finally booked my trip to the States.

 

Heading over for week 3, Eagles v Lions then down to Washington for Redskins v Bears.

 

Works out brilliant given I'm a Lion and my cousin is a Bear. Can't wait!!

Should be good. Both great places to visit. I think the Eagles is meant to be one of the best venues for tailgating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Should be good. Both great places to visit. I think the Eagles is meant to be one of the best venues for tailgating. 

 

Yeah really looking forward to it, delighted we've managed to work it so we both see our teams too.

 

Good news re tailgating. I've heard they're pretty hostile towards visiting fans? I'll probably avoid wearing any Lions gear and just play the random tourist card :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peebo
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Yeah really looking forward to it, delighted we've managed to work it so we both see our teams too.

 

Good news re tailgating. I've heard they're pretty hostile towards visiting fans? I'll probably avoid wearing any Lions gear and just play the random tourist card :lol:

 Based on my largely one-sided experience, I suggest you don’t strut around in the away team’s colours. At best, you’ll look like a complete penis. At worst, you’ll have a shite time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Those dolphin white unis are very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

If anyone has the fantasy itch, I've got a new league looking for owners. I had a Lions only league that had to fold so I've created a replacement league open to all.

 

It's an IDP dynasty, 46 man rosters, 16 man (hopefully) league. Should be a really good challenge, really deep league. Couple of Kickbackers in there with me and Ross.

 

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/295009

 

If anyone wants more info or a spot in the league, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If anyone has the fantasy itch, I've got a new league looking for owners. I had a Lions only league that had to fold so I've created a replacement league open to all.

 

It's an IDP dynasty, 46 man rosters, 16 man (hopefully) league. Should be a really good challenge, really deep league. Couple of Kickbackers in there with me and Ross.

 

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/295009

 

If anyone wants more info or a spot in the league, let me know.

 

Still a couple of spaces left if anyone fancies it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KineticBeat
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Still a couple of spaces left if anyone fancies it.

 

I'll take a team if one is still free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, KineticBeat said:

 

I'll take a team if one is still free

 

That's you in!

 

Down to the last place if anyone wants to grab it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
25 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

That's you in!

 

Down to the last place if anyone wants to grab it?

 

I'll take it if it's still going?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

 

I'll take it if it's still going?

 

 

Sure man. There's actually 2 spaces but I'm just waiting on a fellow Kickbacker taking one of the spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigCGilmour
Posted (edited)

I'll give it a go if it still available. Would prefer arranging my own team. Thought I'd messaged u via other league game when rejecting trade...

Edited by BigCGilmour
Spellingcheck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

I'll give it a go if it still available. Would prefer arranging my own team. Thought I'd messaged u via other league game when rejecting trade...

 

I thought I'd emailed you the league invite. I've PMd you the link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigCGilmour

Cheers, just need to understand how game workshop now, few differences from other league... defensive scoring too!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigCGilmour

Been looking in to who I should draft... best draft strategy... struggling with rationale about who I should pick... anybody with prior knowledge willing to give me an idea? Why wouldn't I go for the top scorers regardless of position?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, BigCGilmour said:

Been looking in to who I should draft... best draft strategy... struggling with rationale about who I should pick... anybody with prior knowledge willing to give me an idea? Why wouldn't I go for the top scorers regardless of position?

 

 

There is no real 'best' strategy to be honest.

 

Positionally, you've got to look at the points differential between the very top guys and the next level guys. If you look at QB for example, the difference between the top few and the next batch isn't really all that much, which is why some folk will wait on a QB, others will want to go grab Rodgers etc.

 

You'll also take into account injury rate, RBs are obviously more prone to injury than WRs so some may pass on a WR to stock up or handcuff RBs.

 

When it comes to defensive players, some will stock up on offense before they start looking at defense but then will miss out on guys like Donald etc. It's worth baring in mind, defensive players in my IDP's aren't an afterthought, the top defensive players will score on a par with top RBs/WRs so it really is wide open.

 

You'll also have guys who fill their starting line up before drafting depth vs guys who are really deep at some positions but then have weak starters at others. It's really what you feel is best.

 

I usually have an idea as to who I want (or what positions I want) in the first 3 or 4 rounds but then play it by ear by best available from there. Even then my initial 3/4 round strategy could go out the window by a player falling to me that I can't pass on. In a redraft league last year I went RB for the first 4 rounds purely because of guys falling. I won the league btw ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...