**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sexton Hardcastle
4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Any chance you can post the bets prior? :lol:

Can do but as per most they will fail. The Gurley one was almost 3/1 and given his form and ability it was never in doubt. Skybet request a bets are decent value for nfl games.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

chuck berrys hairline
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Played Cousins over Roethlisberger last week because he scored 42pts the week before and it cost me my tie. Drop him this week and he scores 40pts again :facepalm:

Did you consider playing Kupp this week?

Played Kupp in my flex after finding out hes on punt return duties now. I love a versatile WR

Played Cousins over Roethlisberger last week because he scored 42pts the week before and it cost me my tie. Drop him this week and he scores 40pts again :facepalm:

Did you consider playing Kupp this week?

Nope no consideration at all, in fact I only switched in Cooks at the last minute.

I expected a fairly run heavy game given both defences.

Vikings look terrible just now, that being said.

Sexton Hardcastle

Good to see the overhyped Dolphins being brought back to reality quickly. Incredible the hype over them after some average performances.

Need the Falcons to get the finger out for a coupon.

24 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Good to see the overhyped Dolphins being brought back to reality quickly. Incredible the hype over them after some average performances.

Need the Falcons to get the finger out for a coupon.

I'm on the Dolphins UK fan page. To a man they were all predicting a win tonight. I predicted a 10 point loss...if only!

American football fans seem far more fickle than football fans to me. Won one game and they're the best team around. Lose and every single player needs traded or cut.

Yeah, the Dolphins did well to win their first 3 games, but they've never looked like one of the best teams in the NFL doing it, and I always expected the Pats to beat them today at Gillette...still, thought it would be a bit closer than it has been!

The Dolphins away form has been abysmal for a while now too, and until they improve there they're not going to threaten the likes of the Pats or any other decent teams.

Edited by Louis Litt

6 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

That last second bengals td busts an 1100 pound bet. Sickening.

?Haha!

J.T.F.Robertson

Well, that was worth the trip. :angry: So many failures I wouldn't know where to begin.

Hearts have consoled me though. :)

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Just short of 200 points scored and still lost my matchup! ?

I feel your pain bud, I was beaten by Mitch Trubisky. Trubisky hadn’t scored over 18pts until the weekend and then scores 48pts :wtf:

33 minutes ago, BigCGilmour said:

Just short of 200 points scored and still lost my matchup! ?

Lost mine by keeping Kupp on the bench!

Another league, I was 90 down by Friday morning due to him starting Goff/Kupp. Ended up only losing by 40, valiant effort.

Dynasty league is off to a really tight start again, although it's looking pretty bleak for Pods with a 0-4 start.

I could do with Flacco getting injured so that I have 3 QB's to rotate...actually just noticed both Carr and Rodgers are on a bye week 7, shit!!

luckyBatistuta
On 02/10/2018 at 09:23, hmfc_liam06 said:

Dynasty league is off to a really tight start again, although it's looking pretty bleak for Pods with a 0-4 start.

I could do with Flacco getting injured so that I have 3 QB's to rotate...actually just noticed both Carr and Rodgers are on a bye week 7, shit!!

Just noticed this, I’ve got Chucks next and he’s just below me. I really need a win against him now, as he’s got a freebie on week 7 ?

chuck berrys hairline
36 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just noticed this, I’ve got Chucks next and he’s just below me. I really need a win against him now, as he’s got a freebie on week 7 ?

Wouldn't worry man neither of my three qbs threw for a td last week in safe hands ?? and ones dropped the others a rookie!

12 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Wouldn't worry man neither of my three qbs threw for a td last week in safe hands ?? and ones dropped the others a rookie!

I'm going to have to start Jackson and a non-QB in the QB flex.

If you lose, I may have to question your future in the league :lol:

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

With the decisions I’ve been making in both leagues recently, I wouldn’t bet on it. 

14 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:laugh2:

chuck berrys hairline
18 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My Dynasty is a total mess with no way of rectifying it unless scour for trades ?. What's people's opinions on Rosen seemed to get a good write up after combine and draft but never seen highlights from weekend.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

My Dynasty is a total mess with no way of rectifying it unless scour for trades ?. What's people's opinions on Rosen seemed to get a good write up after combine and draft but never seen highlights from weekend.

Never saw his highlights either, think he should end up a decent NFL QB though.

4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Think he'll be a good QB, but the Cardinal seem a mess at the moment.

4 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

He was pretty decent by all accounts.

I have a Cardinal supporting mate and he was raving about him, but then he still thinks his team are actually decent...so I take any opinion from him with a bucket load of salt :lol:

The 2QB system certainly places a massive importance on the position. Normal 1QB leagues, you can pretty much play the stream game but in this league, they really are a premium.

I think I've enough talent to play a RB/WR in the superflex but just a pity I have to roll with Jackson as my QB1 that week - still, his 1.7 points may prove vital :lol:

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The 2QB system certainly places a massive importance on the position. Normal 1QB leagues, you can pretty much play the stream game but in this league, they really are a premium.

I think I've enough talent to play a RB/WR in the superflex but just a pity I have to roll with Jackson as my QB1 that week - still, his 1.7 points may prove vital :lol:

Had a couple of guys in my taxi from the states at the weekend, boy do they take their fantasy serious. They said that they have a giant pool party for draft day complete with hired DJ  and catering. The guy who finishes last always gets a forfeit. This year’s loser was tied up butt naked and they had hundreds of rotten tomatoes that they pelted him with. Winner won some serious cash. I was talking about ours and they said they were thinking about doing a 2QB one, as they thought it could be a little more interesting.

58 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Had a couple of guys in my taxi from the states at the weekend, boy do they take their fantasy serious. They said that they have a giant pool party for draft day complete with hired DJ  and catering. The guy who finishes last always gets a forfeit. This year’s loser was tied up butt naked and they had hundreds of rotten tomatoes that they pelted him with. Winner won some serious cash. I was talking about ours and they said they were thinking about doing a 2QB one, as they thought it could be a little more interesting.

"Yours sounds superb, we just pick our players over the internet...don't even know any of the guys in the league" :lol:

2QB depends on the league size, ours is scarce enough and it's only a 10 team league. Must be brutal 12+.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

"Yours sounds superb, we just pick our players over the internet...don't even know any of the guys in the league" :lol:

2QB depends on the league size, ours is scarce enough and it's only a 10 team league. Must be brutal 12+.

:laugh2: brilliant

chuck berrys hairline
13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I'm up for a forfeit at end of every season ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Patriots could hand out a hiding tonight with history/form and Colts injuries. -10 handicap will get a tickle.

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Patriots could hand out a hiding tonight with history/form and Colts injuries. -10 handicap will get a tickle.

I’ve just dropped Brady to the bench and put Cousins in his place. Hopefully we can put up a decent show tonight, but not overly confident, as we’ve so many injuries.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

It’s brutal, starting to think I should play Brady, we could get smashed.

F52B4A73-771D-44B9-8766-1375F748DC1C.jpeg

3 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I'm up for a forfeit at end of every season ?

Loser has to attend a Hibs match

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Loser has to attend a Hibs match

You took it way too far, I’d take a thousand rotten tomatoes naked before that.

chuck berrys hairline

You took it way too far, I’d take a thousand rotten tomatoes naked before that.

:omfg:lucky after the third ? as entered him

chuck berrys hairline

Thought you weren't starting Brady Lucky. Checked the line ups before bed went to sleep happy he was on the bench ?

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Every *******in week I seem to play someone who has boys who score bucket loads on Thursday!

:seething:

You’re only 30pts behind me and I’ve played 3 players to your 1. You’ve got to be happy with almost 34pts for your QB

2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Thought you weren't starting Brady Lucky. Checked the line ups before bed went to sleep happy he was on the bench ?

I honestly wasn’t, but then the news came through that Leonard and Hairston were out too. At that point we were practically playing a practice squad away to the Pats, so it was pretty obvious Brady was going to put up some decent points. I was actually proud of the Colts in that game. Our wide receivers dropped some shockers, be we never gave up. Our next three games are Jets(A), Bills(H), Raiders(A). These are all winnable imo, so we still have a chance of turning this around, just need to get some guys fit.

luckyBatistuta

There was one thing that really annoyed me in the game this morning. We have seen all these penalty flags thrown over the first 4 weeks for sacking the QB and then going to the ground putting your full weight on him. Not only did the Pats do it with one guy, decided they’d do it with two and no penalty.... only in Foxborough ??

Edited by luckyBatistuta

chuck berrys hairline

Head or Heart decision regarding Rodgers this weekend. Surely can't pick him and cheer if they beat us ?

Sexton Hardcastle

Incredible how teams go from shit hot to shit in a week. bengals going to blow another decent bet.

Packers and Jags look dreadful so far.