Rugger players are Harry Hoofters

david mcgee

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

god made women for a reason.... and it wasnt just for the washing up.

Well I suppose those Black or Jewish couldn't really hide their identity. However, one other group (amongst others) were described by the Nazi regime as "undesirable" - homosexuals. No doubt all it took to get the ball rolling was one petty 'joke' going unchallenged, and another, and another before a myth gradually becomes fact which leads to hatred and ultimately in some unfortunate cases, murder.

OK Matt, let's test this out. On this forum every day are jokes directed towards Hibs fans, Celtic fans, Rangers fans... in fact, fans of most other SPL clubs, and many English ones. These jokes are invariably based on crass, crude stereotypes and generalisations. On the odd occasion, someone completely crosses the line, get called out on it and probably infracted; but 99% of people know where the line is. As with most things to do with football tribalism, it's just banter.

Should no-one crack any jokes at all before "a myth gradually becomes fact which leads to hatred and ultimately in some unfortunate cases, murder"? No. Life's far too serious as it is; and you'll never stop people joking about differences in others. One of the first rules of comedy is it pretty much exists in anything - and those making those jokes are, the vast majority of the time, fully paid up members of the human race who mean no harm. They're certainly not about to wake up tomorrow morning, invade Poland and gas the Jews (there, I just did it too).

If the OP really had been homophobic, and if the many people you've attacked on this thread had also been homophobic, I'd be agreeing with you - but they weren't. Not at all, in fact. People are always joking about how 'gay' something is: for example, my posts. It doesn't mean what you think it means at all - nor is 'The Hibees Are Gay' in any way homophobic either.

Don't get me wrong. I genuinely admire your desire to defend minorities of any kind against discrimination or abuse. You've just got it woefully, horrendously wrong in this case, and dug yourself pretty deep as a result mate.

Matt, tell us about having Polish roots some more. It's really interesting!

his da was a scaffolder, now theres a job for poles.

A colleague of mine (who happens to be gay) and i are always slagging each other off. I call him 'homophobic' names (if you like) and he slags me for liking the ***!

The thought that homosexual people care what hetrosexual people call them is nonsense

are you honestly comparing people on this board with Nazis?

I give up :smiliz23:

No just pointing out how a seemingly harmless joke can snowball if allowed to go unchallenged.

@Acey

Check your PM, have just sent you the material you claim to be so interested in. :santa1:

@Ken Barlow

Post reported

@Shaun

Maybe you are not as liberal-minded as you thought you were.

Cheers for now.

@Shaun

Cheers for now.

I am, Matt: I think it's you who isn't. Very sad how this thread's developed really.

Regardless, if you're not on again beforehand, have a great Xmas, and all my best to you and yours. :santa1:

Sterling Archer
I am, Matt: I think it's you who isn't. Very sad how this thread's developed really.

Regardless, if you're not on again beforehand, have a great Xmas, and all my best to you and yours. :santa1:

what do you mean by yours?? your kind?

GAY-HATER!

:santa1:

this_is_my_story

Some folk say "You know, I'm sure certain people actually make a point of seeking out things to be offended by."

I thought that such an idea was a tad doolally, and then I read this thread.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here between "gay" and "homosexual". These are of course two different things. If a guy is homosexual, he likes sleeping with other men. If he is gay, he knows all the words to South Pacific. I hope this clarifies matters. :santa2:

No just pointing out how a seemingly harmless joke can snowball if allowed to go unchallenged.

@Acey

Check your PM, have just sent you the material you claim to be so interested in. :santa1:

@Ken Barlow

Post reported

@Shaun

Cheers for now.

You REALLY need to chill out Matt...We get it, You're a writer, you know about Rugby, You have a Friend who's Gay...It's the 21st Century, Most, if not everyone, knows someone who's gay...I have a close Family member that's gay.I was recently at a Civil Partnership ceremony (Not his, I'd have been best man at that one :smiliz64:)...The OP was making a JOKE, You COULDN'T WAIT to clamber on the "Easily offended Bus"...Do you think it will make Gareth Thomas like you in a special way if you get all hot and bothered by people making jokes? As someone said we joke about Smelltic, Rankgers, Hobos, Christ some people tell jokes about women :smiliz23:!! your making a mountain out of a molehill here and if I'm honest, you're being a bit of a :dramaqueen:

ToadKiller Dog

As others have said Matt your going a bit overboard ,shouting does nort help your case in which at some level you are spot on ,but you are sounding a bit like Millie !

579px-Millie.jpg

I P Knightley
You REALLY need to chill out Matt...We get it, You're a writer, you know about Rugby, You have a Friend who's Gay...It's the 21st Century, Most, if not everyone, knows someone who's gay...I have a close Family member that's gay.I was recently at a Civil Partnership ceremony (Not his, I'd have been best man at that one :smiliz64:)...The OP was making a JOKE, You COULDN'T WAIT to clamber on the "Easily offended Bus"...Do you think it will make Gareth Thomas like you in a special way if you get all hot and bothered by people making jokes? As someone said we joke about Smelltic, Rankgers, Hobos, Christ some people tell jokes about women :smiliz23:!! your making a mountain out of a molehill here and if I'm honest, you're being a bit of a :dramaqueen:

Hur-Hur.... Yer Da??

Gordon Feardie Liar Brown use to hang about the showers after rugby games at his posh school, allegedly.

There's a certain irony in calling someone else a liar and then describing Kirkcaldy High as posh.

Harry Hoofters indeed!

agreed! The footballers do their best to avoid any male to male contact, where as those rugger types cant wait to get there hands all over each other!

agreed! The footballers do their best to avoid any male to male contact, where as those rugger types cant wait to get there hands all over each other!

Except after a goal is scored when they make up for it by engaging in what often appears to resemble some form of Greek orgy... :smiliz64:

I played rugby at secondary school for a couple of years. I am not bent, but I would estimate that around 90% of the other players in the team were and 99.9% of players from the posh schools we played against made Julian Clarey look like Rambo!

Is that shaun getting a statement on sports wrong? :smiliz23: Now I have seen everything...

Well Wikipedia can't be 100% reliable all the time... (oh no he di'in't!)

hibeesaregay.jpg

:santa1:

:laugh:

Well I suppose those Black or Jewish couldn't really hide their identity. However, one other group (amongst others) were described by the Nazi regime as "undesirable" - homosexuals. No doubt all it took to get the ball rolling was one petty 'joke' going unchallenged, and another, and another before a myth gradually becomes fact which leads to hatred and ultimately in some unfortunate cases, murder.

"Oooh hark at her" was one as was your admission that you saw nothing wrong with the OP. Condoning something also implies approval of a set of deplorable values and thus highlights one to be at best, ignorant. Going back to what I suggested to Malky earlier on about substituting "gay" for "black" or "Jew". If I had spoken out on a post which was racist or anti-semetic (regardless of it being in poor jest or being vitriolic) would you have used a black or Jewish stereotype to convey a feeling similar to "hark at her"?

Gareth released a book two years ago although certain passages that had originally been put in were taken out prior to its release. I think we can take an educated guess as to what they referred to.

And yet we have another cloak used to cover up the ill-perceived attempt at humour that has been displayed on this thread.

I have nothing to apologise for. Flame away if it makes you feel better but, that's my stance on the subject and I'm not about to change it in order to make a few individuals happy about themselves.

HOMOPHOBIC POST IMO!

Archived