Footy Program from 90's - What was it?

PapaShango

Does anyone remember a football programme from the 90's that was similar in style to the likes of Dream Team etc? Was about a guy (think he was called Darren Matthews, could be wrong tho) who played for a fictional team in England before getting a move to Barcelona. It has been doing my jubblys in to remember what it was called. Can anyone recall such a programme??

Was on normal telly, perhaps ITV circa 92/93 I think. I think it ran for a good few episodes and at the time I thought it was the dugs nuts. Maybe my judgement over time has been clouded and it was a heap of crap but would be interested to hear if anyone else has seen this.

I remember this. I was just a bairn when it was out but I loved it, even wrote to ITV asking if they were making another series!

I'm stuck in my ways. Been calling it that for years.

So are they. They've been calling it their version since they named it.

So are they. They've been calling it their version since they named it.

I'm sure they have but we in this country have only been calling it the Camp Nou for the past few years.

i remember catching a bit of this show once, i actually thought it was about gary lineker's time in spain! Mind u, i was about 7 or 8 at the time!

i remember catching a bit of this show once, i actually thought it was about gary lineker's time in spain! Mind u, i was about 7 or 8 at the time!

It was slightly based on jug lugs.

Archived